Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-28-2011, 06:57 AM   #1
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

5 more years

PLEASE slit my throat now

News Headlines
Old 04-28-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
Duke41
got gas?

hahah even Fox Nws cant bring him down...
Old 04-28-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
Raven

there will be a surprise
Old 04-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltys View Post

News Headlines
Salty, a few things...

First, it's way too early to predict anything. At this stage in the 2008 election, NO ONE thought Obama had a chance of beating Hilary. Most people had no idea who Obama was.

Second, I don't see how we can fail to enter a doubble-dip recession before November 2012. There si no good economic news, everything is gloomy. If we have another recession, the GOP could nominate #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney, and even he would clobber Obama.

Third (saved the bad news for last) if the economy remains stable, there is a good chance Obama gets re-elected. But take comfort in this...even if that happens, the GOP will re-take the Senate. Of the 33 senate seats up for re-election in 2012, 22 are Democrats. If that was the case in 2010, the GOP would have easily won the Senate. So even if Obama gets re-elected (and I'm with you, I just can't stand the sight of the guy anymore, nor can I stand the sound of his voice), he can't do much with a Republican legislature.

I just want to see Newt Gingrich debate Obama, that's all I want to see. Gingrich is brilliant, he has tons of ideas that just plain make sense, and most importantly, he wouldn't be afraid to attack Obama in a debate. McCain never figured out how to effectivly attack a black candidate, Gingrich won't care. He will absolutely destroy Obama in a debate...
Old 04-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #5
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

I don't disagree Jim for sure. My thought is even if there is a "double dip" that he's going to come out smelling like lilacs and we're going to have #^&#^&#^&#^& smeared all over.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
I don't disagree Jim for sure. My thought is even if there is a "double dip" that he's going to come out smelling like lilacs and we're going to have #^&#^&#^&#^& smeared all over.
If we double-dip, he goes down. Sure, he'ss get the 40% of the voters that won't consider anyone else. But independents win elections, and for some Godforsaken reason, independents went heavily for Obama in 2008. They are souring on him...
Old 04-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

You really think so? I think he'll walk away and blame it on this or that....and come out like lilacs. He's going to throw so much money at this it's going to be disgusting.

All I want to know is when the effing telephone calls start cuz I'm disconnecting my telephone line this time
Old 04-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
You really think so? I think he'll walk away and blame it on this or that....and come out like lilacs. He's going to throw so much money at this it's going to be disgusting.

All I want to know is when the effing telephone calls start cuz I'm disconnecting my telephone line this time
I'm not saying Obama will ever admit that anything was ever his fault...I agree that if/when we double-dip, he will immediately blame conservatives in general and Bush in particular. But every poll I've seen suggests that his numbers among independents are dropping, and those polls show that nothing concerns the independents more than the economy.

He can't throw much more money around. First, the American people are starting to show a genuine understanding (and therefore genuine concern) about the national debt. Second, the GOP controls the house, and they won't let him throw around jillions like the last Congress did.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #9
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Sure, he'ss get the 40% of the voters that won't consider anyone else.
And what about the 40% who won't vote for him under any circumstances - is there a double standard emicon?
Old 04-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #10
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
for some Godforsaken reason, independents went heavily for Obama in 2008.
See 2000-2008 and Sarah Palin

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #11
Raven

Quote:

there's software that allows you to route all your calls thru your computer...it tracks the call ...time and number and allows you to assign status like immediate disconnect or a message saying
joes PIZZA or anything else ya want for that particular individual.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And what about the 40% who won't vote for him under any circumstances - is there a double standard emicon?
No double standard Paul...I never said there weren't folks who only vote Republican. However, since liberal ideas are demonstrably bad (meaning, they fail everywhere they have ever been implemented), I hold people who blindly vote conservative in higher regard than people who blindly vote liberal...
Old 04-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
See 2000-2008 and Sarah Palin
Zimmy, you might want to re-check your history...Things were going pretty well in this country from 2001-2006. Which party controlled Congress during that time? And when the economy collapsed in 2008, which party was in control of Congress? Just askin'.

If people were so sick of the GOP by the end of Bush's term, then why were McCain/Palin ahead in every single poll (after McCain picked Palin) until the economy collapsed?
Old 04-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #14
Raven

Quote:

News Headlines
i'm thinkin netflix for 2 bucks a week ought to handle my tv veiwing experience
and luckily, your MAMA made no movies.