Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And your worthy of any respect - calling the president a scumbag?

At least I got my laugh for the day.

I'm thankful that I was not raised to exhibit the type of hate you show here.
I'm not asking for your respect. I am asking to know your opinion of the way Obama says that Republicans want disabled kids to fend themselves. Do you believe that's really true? If not, what do you think of Obama saying that?
Old 04-17-2011, 06:24 AM   #32
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I'm not asking for your respect. I am asking to know your opinion of the way Obama says that Republicans want disabled kids to fend themselves. Do you believe that's really true? If not, what do you think of Obama saying that?
This reminds me of the 'Death Panels' all over again, except the shoe is on the other foot....

Saw this clip over the weekend...
Fitting
Slashdance - Obama Hurts Republicans - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 04/14/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-17-2011, 07:26 AM   #33
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
This reminds me of the 'Death Panels' all over again, except the shoe is on the other foot....

Fitting
Slashdance - Obama Hurts Republicans - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 04/14/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central
Ryan is right. You have a non -typical President that has from day one, been unpresidential. I cringe when he speaks down to half of America. The better half

Speaking of speaches...Just asking but....how many days more for regime change in Lybia?
Old 04-17-2011, 08:09 AM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
.Just asking but....how many days more for regime change in Lybia?
"DAYS...NOT WEEKS"...

Anyone know where NATO can get some laser guided missiles - cheap?

Less than a month into the Libyan conflict, NATO is running short of precision bombs, highlighting the limitations of Britain, France and other European countries in sustaining even a relatively small military action over an extended period of time, according to senior NATO and U.S. officials.

The shortage of European munitions, along with the limited number of aircraft available, has raised doubts among some officials about whether the United States can continue to avoid returning to the air campaign if Libyan leader Moammar Gaddafi hangs on to power for several more months.
U.S. strike aircraft that participated in the early stage of the operation, before the United States relinquished command to NATO and assumed what President Obama called a "supporting" role, have remained in the theater "on 12-hour standby" with crews "constantly briefed on the current situation," a NATO official said.

So far, the NATO commander has not requested their deployment. Several U.S. military officials said they anticipated being called back into the fight, although a senior administration official said he expected other countries to announce "in the next few days" that they would contribute aircraft equipped with the laser-guided munitions.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:28 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

Fitting
You're right, except Palin was attacked in many circles for referring to death panels. The same people who accused Palin of using fear-mongering, now are silent when Obama does the same thing.

And one more difference. There are, for all intents and purposes, "death panels" in health insurance. They aren't called that, but there are folks that decide who gets life-saving treatment and who doesn't. That's a fact.

There is zero truth, none whatsoever, to Obama's assertion that Paul Ryan wants didabled kids to fend for themselves.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #36
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
There is zero truth, none whatsoever, to Obama's assertion that Paul Ryan wants didabled kids to fend for themselves.
remember when Obama made fun of Special Olympians?...yeah...that was great
Old 04-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
remember when Obama made fun of Special Olympians?...yeah...that was great
Oh yes. Obama was saying that he is so bad at bowling, he looks like one of those Special Olympians! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Chortle, chortle!

Not only is that cruel, it's also stupid. There are special olympic bowlers who break 200 easy.

But Obama can say that his side cares about kids with Down's, and my side wants them to fend for themselves. And no one challenges him on it...
Old 04-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #38
Jerkinthedark

Obama surrounds himself with the likes off Van Jones, Bill Ayers, Rom Emanuel, and Rev. Wright, yet, knows nothing of their agendas.This,along with the endless campaign promises never fulfilled or in most cases , ever addressed again, receive a full pass from the media and his "constituency". If Obama's re-election was dependent upon fulfilling his campaign promises, or his "achievements" in office we would not even consider him as a candidate. This guy makes Jimmy Carter look like a statesman, yet avoids the criticism leveled at every non-performing President before him. At this point, I have to question the agenda of the American voting public even more than Obama's. Having Carter campaign for Obama is akin to having Roger Clemens testify on Barry Bonds behalf. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #39
striperman36
Old Guy

This is what gets me the most.

Double Speak and Obama's Permanent Spending Binge | FreedomWorks
Old 04-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #40
Fly Rod

TRUMP in 2012!!!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #41
striperman36
Old Guy

The hair will never really run, he's a gasbag
Old 04-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #42
Jerkinthedark

Americans may deserve to be made aware of the truth and the consequences, but if you expect an elected official to offer you this, you must as a voting public, demand it and continuously seek it out, exposing the "LIARS" along the way. However, if you are in Congress or the Senate you may be censured for inadvertently blurting out "LIAR" when you hear a blatant mistruth.It must be some law that us , the voting underlings, don't quite understand, regarding liars exposing other liars that we pay to keep us ill-informed. As long as one party or the other continues to give one group or another sufficient entitlement programs to disregard or suppress the truth and continue to cast their votes for them in spite of the country's needs ; We will have inept, corrupt and entitled government at the remaining public's expense.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:10 AM   #43
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

Is that the PC way of saying that they're ALL a bunch of scumbags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkinthedark View Post
Americans may deserve to be made aware of the truth and the consequences, but if you expect an elected official to offer you this, you must as a voting public, demand it and continuously seek it out, exposing the "LIARS" along the way. However, if you are in Congress or the Senate you may be censured for inadvertently blurting out "LIAR" when you hear a blatant mistruth.It must be some law that us , the voting underlings, don't quite understand, regarding liars exposing other liars that we pay to keep us ill-informed. As long as one party or the other continues to give one group or another sufficient entitlement programs to disregard or suppress the truth and continue to cast their votes for them in spite of the country's needs ; We will have inept, corrupt and entitled government at the remaining public's expense.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:55 AM   #44
Duke41
got gas?

Jim..Maybe less time watching Fox News and more time checking the facts. The din from the Republican Party is so loud but it still doesn't drown out all the mistakes and errors W. who in my opinion was the worst president since Carter, made. Obama is a good man and he is outraged at what he sees is more greed and avarice on both house by both parties. This county is in a tailspin brought on by the acts of both parties. If Obama wants to point fingers and raise hell..I say good for him. I voted for Obama , I was a life long Republican..no more. Just going to vote for the best guy for President and vote to throw every incummbent with the exception if Scott Brown out of office.
My 2 cents.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:56 AM   #45
Duke41
got gas?

One more for thing. You have to respect the rank, not the man. Marine.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #46
Jerkinthedark

Yeah, Duke 41; I can see how Obama's spending like a drunken sailor would put a damper on "greed and avarice in both house and parties". Huh? That bare bones bailout of his with hardly any "EARMARKS" couldn't possibly have lined the pockets of a few hundred of his closest associates ; Could it? Yeah, he's "a good man" just trying to undue the injustices of all of those evil doers before him. Give me a break. What flavor is that Kool Aid your drinking anyway?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:27 PM   #47
Duke41
got gas?

,ust keep jerking it
Old 04-26-2011, 04:58 PM   #48
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke41 View Post
One more for thing. You have to respect the rank, not the man. Marine.
Well put and very fitting
Old 04-27-2011, 04:04 AM   #49
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

How do you say scumbag in the hood? Something tells me he ain't gonna get re-elected if this continues. He'll lose all this vote... GO TRUMP I hope not.

Column: Obama breaks vow with jobless blacks - USATODAY.com