Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-12-2018, 09:26 AM   #1
wdmso

Laura Ingraham

“Because in some parts of the country, it does seem like the America that we know and love doesn’t exist anymore,” Ingraham said. “Massive demographic changes have been foisted upon the American people and they’re changes that none of us ever voted for and most of us don’t like. From Virginia to California, we see stark examples of how radically in some ways the country has changed. Now, much of this is related to both illegal and in some cases, legal immigration that, of course, progressives love.”

foisted :
impose an unwelcome or unnecessary person or thing on. Had to look that one up

Seems she got the support of like minded people ... now shes trying to put as much distance between Her and Them

“I want to start by addressing my commentary at the top of last night’s show,” she said. “A message to those who are distorting my views, including all white nationalists and especially one racist freak whose name I will not even mention. You do not have my support, you don’t represent my views and you are antithetical to the beliefs I hold dear.”

Thats a hard genie to put back in the bottle ... once its out
Old 08-12-2018, 09:52 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
“Because in some parts of the country, it does seem like the America that we know and love doesn’t exist anymore,” Ingraham said. “Massive demographic changes have been foisted upon the American people and they’re changes that none of us ever voted for and most of us don’t like. From Virginia to California, we see stark examples of how radically in some ways the country has changed. Now, much of this is related to both illegal and in some cases, legal immigration that, of course, progressives love.”

foisted :

Seems she got the support of like minded people ... now shes trying to put as much distance between Her and Them

“I want to start by addressing my commentary at the top of last night’s show,” she said. “A message to those who are distorting my views, including all white nationalists and especially one racist freak whose name I will not even mention. You do not have my support, you don’t represent my views and you are antithetical to the beliefs I hold dear.”

is what she said racist? is the shift that concerns her, racial or cultural?

i use that congressional candidate from queens as a great example. not long ago, anyone espousing those idiotic ideas would have been a laughingstock. now she’s going to congress. look at san francisco. maybe people who lived there 30 years ago, wouldn’t recognize that city today, ankle deep in needles and feces and rents that no one can afford.

it’s possible, probable in my mind, that this is the cultural shift she was referring to. and if certain ethnicities tend to embrace that culture, i join laura in being concerned about there being too many of thise people. but it’s not about skin color, it’s about culture.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-12-2018, 09:54 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

foisted :

in san francisco, city officials get almost 100 calls a day to remove human feces from public places. does that sound like your vision of america? it doesn’t sound like mine. she’s right, there are parts of america that don’t look like america anymore. is that a racist thing to say? is it racist for me to be disturbed about adults pooping in public, or about an ideology which celebrates that men can now go into the ladies room? that doesn’t fit my vision of america, and i don’t think sting so, means that i’m Archie Bunker.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i use that congressional candidate from queens as a great example. not long ago, anyone espousing those idiotic ideas would have been a laughingstock. now she’s going to congress.
I use Corey Stewart from Virginia as a great example. Anyone exposing those idiotic views would have been a laughing stock years ago now he seems to be the standard-bearer for the Republican Party. In the recent special election all the candidates who agreed with her could not get elected on the left.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:08 AM   #5
spence

She said it was about immigration Jim, not drug use. Some people are terrified about losing the white majority.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:12 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I use Corey Stewart from Virginia as a great example. Anyone exposing those idiotic views would have been a laughing stock years ago now he seems to be the standard-bearer for the Republican Party. In the recent special election all the candidates who agreed with her could not get elected on the left.
corey stewart is the standard bearer? most people don’t know who he is.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
She said it was about immigration Jim, not drug use. Some people are terrified about losing the white majority.
and some immigrants, not all, want to change what america looks like. did she say she was opposed to all immigration? or has she said many times that she supports legal immigration, as long as the immigrants are willing to assimilate.

i’m not a republican apologist, unlike you spence, i criticize those on my side when they have it coming. i don’t want immigrants who want to come here and make america look like the place they came from.

go take a stroll in san francisco, tell me it looks like your view of america.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #8
PaulS

Quote:
corey stewart is the standard bearer? most people don’t know who he is.
He and his white nationalism certainly rile up the right to get out and vote and our president so yes he is the standard Bearer. Just because you're infatuated with her doesn't mean she's the standard Bearer as the results of last week votes clearly showed.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:00 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
and some immigrants, not all, want to change what america looks like. did she say she was opposed to all immigration? or has she said many times that she supports legal immigration, as long as the immigrants are willing to assimilate.

i’m not a republican apologist, unlike you spence, i criticize those on my side when they have it coming. i don’t want immigrants who want to come here and make america look like the place they came from.

go take a stroll in san francisco, tell me it looks like your view of america.
70% of the homeless in SF were housed there and have for a number of reasons been priced out of the housing market.
What does the housing issue there have to do with immigration?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-12-2018, 07:06 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
He and his white nationalism certainly rile up the right to get out and vote and our president so yes he is the standard Bearer. Just because you're infatuated with her doesn't mean she's the standard Bearer as the results of last week votes clearly showed.
please show me the evidence that white nationalists have a big impact in republican voting. why did all of the republicans cheer low black unemployment at the SOTU, and why were all the democrats miserable at the news?
Old 08-12-2018, 07:09 PM   #11
zimmy

It is simple, she and many white Americans can't stand the idea that people with brown skin exist in numbers that they view threaten white power and dominance. Illegal immigration is a red herring. For many of them it is that the people have brown skin and even if they all were here legally, the discussion (as comrade orange face already brought up) would be about limiting the numbers of people coming in legally.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:11 PM   #12
zimmy

Quote:
why did all of the republicans cheer low black unemployment at the SOTU, and why were all the democrats miserable at the news?
Because it made them feel like they were winning, the same reason you bring it up all the time. The Democrats weren't miserable about low unemployment that is another lie of yours.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:11 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Because it made them feel like they were winning, the same reason you bring it up all the time. The Democrats weren't miserable about low unemployment that is another lie of yours.
why did the democrats sit there, miserable, when low black unemployment was announced?
Old 08-12-2018, 09:26 PM   #14
zimmy

Quote:
why did the democrats sit there, miserable, when low black unemployment was announced?
How about because the Republicans sat there miserable for the previous 6 years as it dropped from 16% to 7%. It goes down another point after a year of trump in office with no real legislative action of his preceding it and now the Republicans want to cheer. But you knew that didn't you?

Old 08-12-2018, 10:28 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
It is simple, she and many white Americans can't stand the idea that people with brown skin exist in numbers that they view threaten white power and dominance. Illegal immigration is a red herring. For many of them it is that the people have brown skin and even if they all were here legally, the discussion (as comrade orange face already brought up) would be about limiting the numbers of people coming in legally.
Tribalism and its dominance of territory exists everywhere on this planet that is inhabited by humans. Comparable forms of it exist even in most of the free roaming animals on this planet. You can even see the fight for territorial dominance in the plant life on this planet. Some form of dominance seems to be inherent in all living species.

Humans are able in some degree to transcend the drive to dominance. For the most part, that transcendence applies to other humans. We're not very capable of coexisting with other forms of life. We typically try to dominate any species with which we cohabit space.

Biological life exists in constant conflict, eternal war, and dominance of space to exist. Various forms from the smallest microbes to the largest mammals or trees vie for space and dominance of their territory, and usually, with some minor exceptions of symbiotic relations, do so not only by dominating their space but by consuming the energy provided by other species.

"Many white Americans," as you put it, are not so different from other color Americans in fearing their loss of power to other "tribes"--simply as a reflex of that inherent natural fear of being dominated as fodder for others, or of extinction--just as the native American Indian tribes came to realize what was happening to them as they lost dominance over their territories to another tribe. The Chinese and the Japanese tribes in their native lands protect themselves vigorously against influence of others in order to maintain their tribal integrity and power over their territory. The Middle East and Africa are still dominated by tribalism. And very violently, murderously, defending it.

But is it now still the primitive "race" tribalism that you think many white Americans have, or is it the cultural tribalism that Jim claims. The U.S. has been far more able to become racially mixed as a national tribe than most others. I suspect that Asian, African, and Middle Eastern tribalism is more racial than "Western" tribes. And that in this country, culture is more important than race. Especially so are political, religious, ideological, and class cultures the most divisive lines of tribal delineation.

For example, if immigrants would predominantly vote republican, were Christian or atheist, were ideologically classical liberal who supported constitutional conservatism, would the "many Americans" (Republicans, "conservatives," etc.) object so much against their coming here even if they were also brown. And would the supposedly brown friendly Progressives and "liberals" be all that supportive of them coming?

Last edited by detbuch; 08-12-2018 at 11:59 PM..
Old 08-12-2018, 10:36 PM   #16
Sea Dangles

White black red yellow brown

We are a country of laws, without which we would be doomed. Where do you draw the line?
Old 08-12-2018, 11:06 PM   #17
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
White black red yellow brown

We are a country of laws, without which we would be doomed. Where do you draw the line?
Plenty of people around concerned about it from a legality standpoint. Lots more just don't want the whiteness of the country messed with and want the "great" America back.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:39 PM   #18
detbuch

Quote:
Plenty of people around concerned about it from a legality standpoint. Lots more just don't want the whiteness of the country messed with and want the "great" America back.
So what? A lot of people want the whiteness to be "messed with." A lot of people don't want the legal framework that made America great. A lot of people don't want the financial burden of maintaining unemployed Americans while replacing them with lower wage immigrants or unemployed immigrants. A lot of people want to change the political, social, and cultural makeup of this country aided by unsupportable mass immigration of different cultures and political persuasion. A lot of people don't want their stuff messed with. You got a problem with that? Is everybody supposed to think like you? You got all the answers and know better what's better for everybody?
Old 08-13-2018, 07:33 AM   #19
Sea Dangles

Quote:
It just sucks to be portrayed by a certain group as a racist simply because you believe in law and order.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-13-2018, 08:05 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
It just sucks to be portrayed by a certain group as a racist simply because you believe in law and order.
it's the perpetual narrative....
Old 08-13-2018, 08:07 AM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

So we need to fix the immigration system.
Currently the republicans control the necessary branches of government to do it and have the master dealmaker in the Presidency.
They ought to be able to accomplish something with immigration.
Here's a plan put forth by a Republican organization
https://www.bushcenter.org/publicati...RoCFzEQAvD_BwE

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-13-2018, 08:16 AM   #22
scottw

there is a great story out of Chicago...no, not the 72 shootings weekend before last and probably still tallying for this past weekend...but a woman who is a notable activist for laws concerning cyclists and the safety of cyclists was run over by a woman making a U-turn....driver was here illegally, no license, no insurance.....the illegal hopped out of the car and rather than asking if the cyclist if she was ok pleading that she not be deported.....the activist got to her feet, stuck the woman back in her car, started the car for her and sent her down the road....hopefully she won't kill the next cyclist or pedestrian she runs over...the activist explained...“I am… diehard believer in justice for cyclists to the fullest extent of the law,” she wrote. But she added that she chose not to report the crash and press charges because “my silence became my only weapon against a much bigger war over invisible borders carried out and perpetuated by our careless world leaders.”
Old 08-13-2018, 08:28 AM   #23
Nebe

10 bucks says she has hairy arm pits and a bush you could get lost in.......
Old 08-13-2018, 08:29 AM   #24
PaulS

There’s finally a question that stumps Kellyanne Conway: Name a high-level black person serving on President Donald Trump’s staff, now that Omarosa is out.

Conway, senior counselor to the president, struggled to name anyone who met those criteria in an appearance on ABC’s This Week with Jonathan Karl. Omarosa Manigault-Newman, who has been in the press recently promoting her new book, was abruptly fired from the White House in December. Now that she’s gone, Karl asked, who is the most prominent, high-level adviser to the president on the West Wing staff who is black? Conway struggled to answer.

She first pointed to Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, who Karl pointed out isn’t on White House staff. She then arrived at Ja’Ron Smith, special assistant to the president for domestic policy. Karl pointed out he was not in the West Wing, though he has an office in the Executive Office of the President, Conway said.

“What does that say to not have a single senior adviser in the West Wing who’s African American?” Karl asked.

“I didn’t say that there wasn’t, but hold on,” Conway said. “There are plenty of people…if you’re going by that and not by the actions of the president, which you probably should, then you should look at the fact that we have a number of different minorities, and the fact is that this president is doing well for all Americans.”

"Omarosa was the most prominent, high-level African-American serving in the West Wing on Pres. Trump's staff. Who now is that person?" @jonkarl asks Kellyanne Conway.

Here's how Conway responded https://t.co/P6iz1j1VA4 #ThisWeek pic.twitter.com/wVnz5WZ97I
— This Week (@ThisWeekABC) August 12, 2018
Later in the program, former White House legislative affairs director Marc Short pointed to other White House staffers who are black, including Mary Elizabeth Taylor, who handles presidential nominations at the White House and was just announced to be an assistant secretary of state for legislative affairs. He also pointed to Smith, whose office he said is in the East Wing, and Daris Meeks, a former aide to Vice President Mike Pence who exited earlier this year.

Short conceded, however, that Manigault-Newman had a very top job. While at the White House, she earned a $179,700 annual salary, the maximum for an executive branch employee and on the same level as Conway, Steve Bannon, Don McGahn, Reince Priebus, and Sean Spicer.

And as Karl pointed out, none of the individuals Short named are among the 55 top-paid staffers in the White House. Smith, who both Conway and Short named, is listed by the White House as earning $115,000 annually.

Today’s Kellyanne Conway fiasco on TV today underscores a truth that Ja’Ron Smith’s friends have been trying to get him to leave the Trump administration for months.
— Darren Sands (@darrensands) August 12, 2018
That the Trump administration has a diversity problem isn’t shocking

President Trump has a history of racist remarks, and while he insists that he is, in fact, the “least racist” person there is (he isn’t), his administration is clearly lacking on the diversity front.

Trump’s Cabinet is the whitest, most male-dominated group since Reagan. There were seven women and 10 minorities in President Barack Obama’s first 22-member Cabinet; in Trump’s 24-member cabinet, there were four women and four minorities, according to Business Insider.

When Manigault-Newman left the White House, the Guardian’s Sabrina Siddiqui pointed out the White House had no black senior advisers in public-facing White House roles. The only high-ranking figures in the broader administration were Carson and US Surgeon General Jerome Adams.

A report from the Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee in May found that just 8 percent of Trump’s US attorney nominees were people of color. In judgeships, 8 percent of his district court nominees and 11 percent of his circuit court picks were people of color.

And it’s not just the people Trump appoints — it’s also who he and the rest of the administration consult. A photo from the White House shared by Vice President Pence of an all-male, all-white group debating health care went viral and sparked outrage last year.

Appreciated joining @POTUS for meeting with the Freedom Caucus again today. This is it. #PassTheBill pic.twitter.com/XG6lQIy5a6
— Vice President Mike Pence (@VP) March 23, 2017
Trump, administration members, and lawmakers snapped a photo debating the administration’s zero-tolerance immigration policy and family separation in the summer. At the table were all men, all white. Trump’s daughter, Ivanka Trump, was apparently in the room but not at the table.

"We are keeping families together but we have to keep our borders strong. We will be overrun with crime and people that should not be in our country," the Pres told meeting with members of Congress. Said he'll sign order on families, before leaving for Minnesota this afternoon. pic.twitter.com/UztrFdqR9v
— Mark Knoller (@markknoller) June 20, 2018
Even the White House interns are overwhelmingly white.

I missed the fall intern photo, but last summer and this spring, the White House had a combined 206 interns. Among them: 3 black men. 0 black women. Out of 206. Such a toxic organization. pic.twitter.com/NLxUzdopa8
— Brandon Friedman (@BFriedmanDC) March 31, 2018
If Trump would like to further the case that he is, as he says, the “least racist” person there is, it might behoove him to add some diversity into the ranks of his administration. Even Conway, the woman who brought us “alternative facts,” couldn’t maneuver her way out of this one.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:44 AM   #25
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
A lot of people don't want their stuff messed with. You got a problem with that? Is everybody supposed to think like you?

I do have a problem with the racist, anti-all-but-one type agenda put forth by the president, yes. It is based mostly on lies and fear. It has emboldened many lousy segments of our country. Everybody is not supposed to think like me, but luckily this forum isn't about everyone sharing how they feel and each of us patting each other on the back. Calling b.s. is what has been done for eons. I understand why a law and order person gets upset that the bigot aspect gets tied in to the discussion. The Republicans would have fixed the problem if it was just a law and order issue. They can't because their ranks are split and the law and order segment cant pass what is acceptable to them and the far right nuts will never get there agenda through. Stalemate. Some like to pretend the narrative is perpetually about racism, when racism isn't part of the story. It is part of the story.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:13 AM   #26
scottw

Quote:
Some like to pretend the narrative is perpetually about racism, when racism isn't part of the story. It is part of the story.
because you have this odd need and desire to insert it onto every story...and it's not just you but the left in general and the media...it's become a crutch and a weapon...it's obnoxious

funny line on sports radio this morning "3000 reporters showed up to cover 4 white supremacists this weekend"
Old 08-13-2018, 09:15 AM   #27
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
So we need to fix the immigration system.
Currently the republicans control the necessary branches of government to do it and have the master dealmaker in the Presidency.
They ought to be able to accomplish something with immigration.
Here's a plan put forth by a Republican organization
https://www.bushcenter.org/publicati...RoCFzEQAvD_BwE

In-depth: Bush Institute's America's Advantage: A Handbook on Immigration and Economic Growth
The U.S. has not passed major immigration reform legislation since the Reagan administration, and we still use standards developed in the 1960s to determine who we permit to enter the U.S. A system this outdated cannot meet the needs of our vibrant, growing 21st-century economy. Pro-growth immigration reform can raise the pace of economic growth, increase per capita GDP, and reduce the deficit.

I thought we were already raising the pace of economic growth.

We recommend:
Keep Our Labor Force Vibrant Through Immigration
U.S. natives are not having enough children to replace our current population, and by extension, our labor force. A shrinking population and labor force will cause our economy to contract. More immigrants are needed to keep our population, labor force, and economy vibrant and growing.

Sounds like U.S. natives are dying out. Why is that? Maybe that's the problem. Of course, if U.S. natives consider economic growth more important than their own existence, then its probably a good idea to phase themselves out and bring in immigrants to continue the American Dream and recreate a booming, vibrant economy.

Move to Skills-Based Immigration
Our current immigration system is overwhelmingly based on family reunification. Other developed economies, like Canada and Australia, admit immigrants primarily based on skills and education. Shifting the priority to a skills-based immigration system would allow us to get the workers we need to drive economic growth while maintaining the important family reunification component.

Aha! Those sneaky Bush and Cheneyite, Republican racists show their true colors. What are the great "skills" and educations that third world immigrants have to offer? Picking crops and cleaning toilets?

Overhaul the temporary work visa system
For many temporary worker visa categories, the current system is inadequate. The caps are too low to meet market demand. The process is too burdensome to make using the legal visa system worthwhile. And some categories, like seasonal agricultural worker visas, do not meet the needs of the employers seeking workers.

But if U.S. natives are dying out, wouldn't market demand shrink?

Find a reasonable solution for the undocumented
Nearly 11 million undocumented immigrants and their families live and work in the U.S., contributing significantly to our economy. Deporting all of them is impractical, expensive, and inhumane. A reasonable solution allowing law-abiding undocumented immigrants to live and work here legally is imperative in any serious immigration reform.

I am in awe of such humanity that relinquishes the self interest in survival and passes it on to those from other countries who wish to survive and grow. We U.S. natives are a sad lot indeed. I can understand and sympathize with those who hate us, and certainly don't respect us. And are happy to see us disappear. Who would want to emulate a system of societal suicide?

More legal opportunities create a more secure border
The U.S. has open jobs. Immigrants come here to fill those jobs. More legal opportunities to immigrate reduces the incentive to cross unlawfully or overstay a visa. With fewer unauthorized entries to pursue, our immigration enforcement resources can focus on the real criminals.

There is something mortally wrong with a society that loses its basic desire to exist. And is so sick, so weak, so unwilling to motivate its people to do the work that immigrants are willing to do. That is a society that is digging its grave.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:47 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
In-depth: Bush Institute's America's Advantage: A Handbook on Immigration and Economic Growth
The U.S. has not passed major immigration reform legislation since the Reagan administration, and we still use standards developed in the 1960s to determine who we permit to enter the U.S. A system this outdated cannot meet the needs of our vibrant, growing 21st-century economy. Pro-growth immigration reform can raise the pace of economic growth, increase per capita GDP, and reduce the deficit.

I thought we were already raising the pace of economic growth.

We recommend:
Keep Our Labor Force Vibrant Through Immigration
U.S. natives are not having enough children to replace our current population, and by extension, our labor force. A shrinking population and labor force will cause our economy to contract. More immigrants are needed to keep our population, labor force, and economy vibrant and growing.

Sounds like U.S. natives are dying out. Why is that? Maybe that's the problem. Of course, if U.S. natives consider economic growth more important than their own existence, then its probably a good idea to phase themselves out and bring in immigrants to continue the American Dream and recreate a booming, vibrant economy.

Move to Skills-Based Immigration
Our current immigration system is overwhelmingly based on family reunification. Other developed economies, like Canada and Australia, admit immigrants primarily based on skills and education. Shifting the priority to a skills-based immigration system would allow us to get the workers we need to drive economic growth while maintaining the important family reunification component.

Aha! Those sneaky Bush and Cheneyite, Republican racists show their true colors. What are the great "skills" and educations that third world immigrants have to offer? Picking crops and cleaning toilets?

Overhaul the temporary work visa system
For many temporary worker visa categories, the current system is inadequate. The caps are too low to meet market demand. The process is too burdensome to make using the legal visa system worthwhile. And some categories, like seasonal agricultural worker visas, do not meet the needs of the employers seeking workers.

But if U.S. natives are dying out, wouldn't market demand shrink?

Find a reasonable solution for the undocumented
Nearly 11 million undocumented immigrants and their families live and work in the U.S., contributing significantly to our economy. Deporting all of them is impractical, expensive, and inhumane. A reasonable solution allowing law-abiding undocumented immigrants to live and work here legally is imperative in any serious immigration reform.

I am in awe of such humanity that relinquishes the self interest in survival and passes it on to those from other countries who wish to survive and grow. We U.S. natives are a sad lot indeed. I can understand and sympathize with those who hate us, and certainly don't respect us. And are happy to see us disappear. Who would want to emulate a system of societal suicide?

More legal opportunities create a more secure border
The U.S. has open jobs. Immigrants come here to fill those jobs. More legal opportunities to immigrate reduces the incentive to cross unlawfully or overstay a visa. With fewer unauthorized entries to pursue, our immigration enforcement resources can focus on the real criminals.

There is something mortally wrong with a society that loses its basic desire to exist. And is so sick, so weak, so unwilling to motivate its people to do the work that immigrants are willing to do. That is a society that is digging its grave.
And your solution?
Lock the door, require people to breed, pick your own vegetables, clean your own toilets you lazy bastards?
Perhaps you think Pol Pot had the right idea, get rid of the lazy intellectuals?
"There's what we did wrong and what we did right. The mistake is that we did some things against the people — by us and also by the enemy — but the other side, as I told you, is that without our struggle there would be no Cambodia USA right now."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-13-2018, 09:48 AM   #29
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
funny line on sports radio this morning "3000 reporters showed up to cover 4 white supremacists this weekend"
and in the process, gave them a soapbox that reaches millions.

I prefer they live in the dark little recesses and crevices of the world, never to be taken seriously or heard from. But the media has to drag them out for the world to see just so they can go 'See, See, We told you so.....Trump"

the idiocy is astounding.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-13-2018, 10:03 AM   #30
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
and in the process, gave them a soapbox that reaches millions.

I prefer they live in the dark little recesses and crevices of the world, never to be taken seriously or heard from. But the media has to drag them out for the world to see just so they can go 'See, See, We told you so.....Trump"

the idiocy is astounding.
If I remember correctly last years event brought out thousands, people died and the President failed a no-brainer leadership moment...you can't expect them to stay in the dark little recesses when the President is stirring the same pot.