Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 09-27-2020, 03:33 PM   #1
Rockfish9

Better day yesterday

Got out yesterday in the fog, at first light got my 1 codfish by 7;30 am..mackerel were hard to come bye. there were plenty of pogies along the beach, and of coarse I had no snag hooks..I trolled bottle plugs on wire along the beach front, found several 10lb class blue fish and a whole bunch of rat bass bareley bugger than the plug, I witnessed many sturgeon along the beach doing their aerial acts..went back out last night and fished the top of the incoming and the turn..alot of small fish all on eels, tons of small bait. But big bass are still elusive..

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:40 PM   #2
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Waiting on a "better day" Joe....

Found a lot of adult pogy schools in my local river Saturday, fog moved in after we got out, snagged and fished a couple where we found the schools... "not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse?" Loaded the live-well and hit some rocky ledges in LittleComp, - 0 ....moved around the corner out front - 0 .... zipped across to the Newport area - 0 ....
Large bass seem non-existent, biggest catch came in the form of a lobster line, wrapped the prop and twisted the line . . . thought I was going for a swim, all lines lived to see another day..no knives involved.
Sunday = Different river, Fog was extremely thick this morning..., longest line I've ever seen at this ramp, tough to even see the ramp when backing down, guessing that slowed things down a bit??...bunch of boats that launched before me never left the mouth... visibility was just about -0, no charlie to be had, no breaking fish, no striped fish at all...just yellow-eyed devil, .... the calendar says there's plenty of time, but I think she's auditioning early this year....

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 05:48 AM   #3
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloocrab View Post
Waiting on a "better day" Joe....

Found a lot of adult pogy schools in my local river Saturday, fog moved in after we got out, snagged and fished a couple where we found the schools... "not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse?" Loaded the live-well and hit some rocky ledges in LittleComp, - 0 ....moved around the corner out front - 0 .... zipped across to the Newport area - 0 ....
Large bass seem non-existent, biggest catch came in the form of a lobster line, wrapped the prop and twisted the line . . . thought I was going for a swim, all lines lived to see another day..no knives involved.
Sunday = Different river, Fog was extremely thick this morning..., longest line I've ever seen at this ramp, tough to even see the ramp when backing down, guessing that slowed things down a bit??...bunch of boats that launched before me never left the mouth... visibility was just about -0, no charlie to be had, no breaking fish, no striped fish at all...just yellow-eyed devil, .... the calendar says there's plenty of time, but I think she's auditioning early this year....
We had big fish all summer, they left us 3 weeks ago,so they are somewhere,Maine still has some cows, but those wont run the coast, they will ride the currents over Jefferies ledge, pass over stellwagon, round P town and be in block island in 3 or 4 days, I'm burnt and ready to pull the plug, I've got alot of boat maintenance to get done.
Sounds like you gave it an honest effort, you can't catch what's not there.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:09 PM   #4
fishgolf

Had a quarter mile of peanut bunker go by this morning, moving north. Not a bump.
Saw a shark go south.
Shutout 3 days in a row.
Back to golf for awhile.
fishgolf is offline   Reply With Quote