Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 02-19-2006, 10:17 PM   #1
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
And One More Thing!!!!!

Granted they need some help over in the Phillipines digging out that village....a very horrible tragedy to be sure, but I read in the paper not 2 days ago that there are still some 330 people still missing in New Orleans, buried in the mud, many of them in their own homes....and the City believes they know where they are but due to funding or....LACK THEREOF....they are unable to expend the manpower via the fire department and police due to the fact that they have run out of the funds necessary to pay the overtime to finish the recovery of those still missing in New Orleans!!!! What the hell are we doing sending National Guard and Marines to the Phillipines when our damn government can't take care of our own, authorize the necessary Gaurdsmen to go down to New Orleans and finish helping these folks recover the remains of the many folks still entombed in the mud in their own homes!!!!!! Their family members are returning home after being relocated, only to find these bodies themselves, in the state of unrecognizable decomposition, and I can't fathom what the hell this government is thinking!!!!!! This is a travesty!!!!!!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:46 AM   #2
Slingah

if thats true....thats sad
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 04:15 AM   #3
ronfish

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingah
if thats true....thats sad
Its true! and this country has always helped the "other"guy but never itself. I'm not an isolationist, but we had beter begin looking out for number one or we won't be number one for long. Jus tlook at the news today- some want to turn our port security over to the Arabs- why not invite Osama over to run the government, etc.
I better quit while I'm ahead or the Muslims will be rioting on my doorstep. Ron
ronfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:22 AM   #4
Raven

Post and did you read also

about the millions of dollars being wasted...
and how the mobile homes purchased for
the people of new orleans are still just sitting there
empty because of all the red tape...

there's your wasted money... not to mention
that certain communities dont want them(mobile home parks)
in their backyard
the nimby affect..
which will increase crime (as those people have no jobs)
and lower their property values...

so everything is STUCK IN RED TAPE MUD
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:04 AM   #5
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

...very sad indeed. you take care of your own first....unless your the us govt. and it has'nt just started with the current admin. been our mo for quite a while.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:59 AM   #6
Pete_G

I'm with ronfish, I'm FAR from an isolationist, but we've got to take care of our own. I think the next president could win basing his campaign on looking out for the homefront while being globally minded. Nothing seems to bring together different political viewpoints more then issues like this.
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:42 AM   #7
Katie
Scuttlebutt

Send a message via AIM to Katie Send a message via MSN to Katie Send a message via Skype™ to Katie
i'm sick of this.........and i'm only 16... our goveronment is blind.. it may of been a few months ago but we just got over 1 of the worst hurricanes that we have ever seen, and when we need more funds to help out more of our people... it goes over seas.. i get that its nice to help other countries and stuff but what about us?? come on, i mean isn't it in the constitution that we have rights to over throw our govronment.. well if people are this mad then why don't they start a petition or writing letters or something? or am i just all out of proportion?

Wasajigifying -[ was - a - jig-i-fy-ing] - the concept of not knowing what the hell your saying.

My Photography Page!
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:53 AM   #8
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Yup

I think for those trailers to be distributed they have to have property to put them on, which go to the basis of the problem. Why hasn't the devasted areas at the very least been cleaned of debris. All those downed houses and apartment buildings should be bulldozed and piled in dumpstrucks and taken to someplace to be destroyed. The land should be swept clean. I don't understand how anyone could get any sense of things until everything is cleaned up. Of the 330 perwson missing many had to be swept out to sea no dounbt. Any disaster like this a certain percentage go unfound. There has to be a tremendous rodent problem because of all the debris left laying where it came to rest. Most of the inhabitants of the affected areas must not have had any insurance, because that would have paid for cleanup of thier property just as after a fire. Regardless of whether they have insurance or not though the feds or the state should help out the people whose homes were destroyed by cleaning them up, so they have a plot of land to put a trailer on thats sitting nearby doing no good whatsoever to anyone.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:29 PM   #9
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer
I think for those trailers to be distributed they have to have property to put them on, which go to the basis of the problem. Why hasn't the devasted areas at the very least been cleaned of debris. All those downed houses and apartment buildings should be bulldozed and piled in dumpstrucks and taken to someplace to be destroyed. The land should be swept clean. I don't understand how anyone could get any sense of things until everything is cleaned up. Of the 330 perwson missing many had to be swept out to sea no dounbt. Any disaster like this a certain percentage go unfound. There has to be a tremendous rodent problem because of all the debris left laying where it came to rest. Most of the inhabitants of the affected areas must not have had any insurance, because that would have paid for cleanup of thier property just as after a fire. Regardless of whether they have insurance or not though the feds or the state should help out the people whose homes were destroyed by cleaning them up, so they have a plot of land to put a trailer on thats sitting nearby doing no good whatsoever to anyone.
The problem is many homeowners dont want thier houses ripped down until they can go through and collect thier stuff. hence some of the problems with bulldozing the entire mess. Its not as easy as it all seems. The money is there...congress gave how many billions of $$ to NO? Its how it gets spent is the problem. Who gets the money and how its spent is the issue, not wether we sent enough.
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:35 PM   #10
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

People are, in fact, returning home to find their dead loved ones in a decomposed state! That is horrible! It is believed that many of the missing are in fact in their homes......this is stated by the Fire Dept! They know where they are, and believe they are there but there is no funds to execute the work through normal channels....so why doesn't the government send some of the National Guard down there, let them earn the money they are paid and use the training they have been given to get it done? Oh...I forgot....they are all in Iraq!

Old 02-20-2006, 12:41 PM   #11
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish
People are, in fact, returning home to find their dead loved ones in a decomposed state! That is horrible! It is believed that many of the missing are in fact in their homes......this is stated by the Fire Dept! They know where they are, and believe they are there but there is no funds to execute the work through normal channels....so why doesn't the government send some of the National Guard down there, let them earn the money they are paid and use the training they have been given to get it done? Oh...I forgot....they are all in Iraq!
Remember, when the rescue workers searched through homes right after the hurricane they marked every home with spray paint to mark wether a body was inside or if it was all clear. Well alot of these homes got marked the wrong way or boddies were not found in the homes when in fact they were in there. Thus people returning to homes and finding bodies.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:48 PM   #12
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Report was alot of the homes have yet to be searched for the reasons I have given....they know which sections need to be searched but do not have the dough to pay to do it!

Old 02-20-2006, 01:39 PM   #13
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish
Report was alot of the homes have yet to be searched for the reasons I have given....they know which sections need to be searched but do not have the dough to pay to do it!
Do you have a link to where you found that? I just dont buy that. I meen people would just up and volunteer if they KNEW where the bodies are. I just find it hard to believe no one will do it, and there is no $$ for it. Post a link please so i can read it
Old 02-20-2006, 03:31 PM   #14
DRUMCORPFAN
nightstalker

i believe the mobile homes that fema purchased for 26million cannot be used because of there own rule regarding them being used in a flood plain. ( new orleans )
DRUMCORPFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 03:33 PM   #15
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Overtime issues

Ya, Bigfish is right on the mark. I just looked up something and the reason no more looking is going on is that they ran out of do re mi for the overtime.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:14 PM   #16
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Was in the Patriot Ledger a few days ago....look up Associated Press?