Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Does Obama Hate New Yorkers?

Just sayin'
Remember terrible ole GWB and Katrina?

Isolated NYC borough says help is slow after Sandy - Yahoo! News

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
Nebe

He might, but I clearly remember you educating us that it's a local and state responsability.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
He might, but I clearly remember you educating us that it's a local and state responsability.
at least you learned something from me!

Old 11-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

I lost power during Irene for 5 1/2 days, and never uttered a peep. The people in Hoboken are ready to start an insurection.

Ya know, this is going to be Bushes fault!

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 11-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I assume any minute now their will be international outcry on how this could possibly happen in a rich country like america.
Maybe its like Benghazi and we dont know enough to put our soliders in harms way? Are their drones over Staten Island?

Old 11-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
Ya know, this is going to be Bushes fault!
Do you have any links to people saying that?
Old 11-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #7
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Do you have any links to people saying that?
it is called sarcasm.
Can you respond to the initial post?

Bush was crucified for "his" handling of Katrina. How is Sandy going? How can people miles from our most populous city be without gas, water, food, power?
Shouldnt the same criticism ( and hatred) targeted at GWB be targeted at Obama?
Or are people more educated and rational now to understand (like us sane people did) that the handling of this type of disaster are complicated and some areas outside of anyone's control?

Old 11-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #8
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Nearly eight in 10 likely voters say the president has done an “excellent” or “good” job dealing with what’s been labeled a “super storm.” Almost as many give positive reviews to the federal government’s response generally. Even two-thirds of those who support Republican Mitt Romney in next week’s presidential election say Obama is doing well in this area.

perhaps if the media was screaming about help for the people in NYC or Jersey and we had some hollywood types lambasting the president publicly Obamas approval would not be so high? Nah, no bias here......

its good to know Obama has it covered, maybe he'll recieve the national award of heroism for his efforts....

Garbage is piling up, a stench hangs in the air and mud-caked mattresses and couches line the streets. Residents are sifting through the remains of their homes, searching for anything that can be salvaged.

"We have hundreds of people in shelters," said James Molinaro, the borough's president. "Many of them, when the shelters close, have nowhere to go because their homes are destroyed. These are not homeless people. They're homeless now."

Molinaro complained the American Red Cross "is nowhere to be found" — and some residents questioned what they called the lack of a response by government disaster relief

Old 11-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
it is called sarcasm.
Can you respond to the initial post?

Bush was crucified for "his" handling of Katrina. How is Sandy going? How can people miles from our most populous city be without gas, water, food, power?
Shouldnt the same criticism ( and hatred) targeted at GWB be targeted at Obama?
Or are people more educated and rational now to understand (like us sane people did) that the handling of this type of disaster are complicated and some areas outside of anyone's control?
Then a lot of sarcastic people on this site.

If Pres. Obama could do more and doesn't, he needs to be held to the same standard as anyone held Pres. Bush. Wasn't Pres. Bush not even aware of the levies being breached for a long period of time?
Old 11-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #10
surfflyfish

Back in Irene i was without power for 2 days and the October freeze for 10 days. never complaint,i was prepared,had plenty of firewood and plenty of food to get around.no gas stations were open either.we just had to wait no matter what,we did patiently and we were back on track.Yes there were times that we get desperate and so forth,but what can we do?basically nothing.
Chris Christie told everyone to get out and if you stay is on you".
Not sure the future of jersey which is a place i truly love to visit and hang around, it will take quite a while to get back on track.
But for goodness sake,if you see a train coming,get out of the way.

If You are looking for your next Real Estate Sale or Purchase-Contact me.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #11
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Show me the make up of those 10 people surveyed !
I'll bet $ it's scewed in favor to dems, just like all these polls saying Obama leading !

Quote:
Nearly eight in 10 likely voters say the president has done an “excellent” or “good” job dealing with what’s been labeled a “super storm.” Almost as many give positive reviews to the federal government’s response generally. Even two-thirds of those who support Republican Mitt Romney in next week’s presidential election say Obama is doing well in this area.

perhaps if the media was screaming about help for the people in NYC or Jersey and we had some hollywood types lambasting the president publicly Obamas approval would not be so high? Nah, no bias here......

its good to know Obama has it covered, maybe he'll recieve the national award of heroism for his efforts....

Garbage is piling up, a stench hangs in the air and mud-caked mattresses and couches line the streets. Residents are sifting through the remains of their homes, searching for anything that can be salvaged.

"We have hundreds of people in shelters," said James Molinaro, the borough's president. "Many of them, when the shelters close, have nowhere to go because their homes are destroyed. These are not homeless people. They're homeless now."

Molinaro complained the American Red Cross "is nowhere to be found" — and some residents questioned what they called the lack of a response by government disaster relief

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 11-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #12
surfflyfish

Quote:

Good Post, Red Cross and National Guard is there, the area and the damage is so big, they can't be seen and everyone want to be helped at once.
Lets have it clear here, we talking about an area that has the equivalent of about 6-7 states population condensed in one small area,correct me total people affected 22 million jersey and NY combine?Just overwhelming for everyone downthere who is helping and those who got messed up by this storm.

If You are looking for your next Real Estate Sale or Purchase-Contact me.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #13
Piscator

Any countries sending us aid?

Waiting for Hugo Chavez and "the good people of Venezuela" to send a ship of oil any day now…….

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 11-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #14
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfflyfish View Post
Good Post, Red Cross and National Guard is there, the area and the damage is so big, they can't be seen and everyone want to be helped at once.
Lets have it clear here, we talking about an area that has the equivalent of about 6-7 states population condensed in one small area,correct me total people affected 22 million jersey and NY combine?Just overwhelming for everyone downthere who is helping and those who got messed up by this storm.
Agree. The impact is so massive. There are people in Cleveland still without power. Most of the grid workers in that area were proactivly sent East prior to the storm to help. Hard to play Monday morning quarterback with the scope of this magnitude.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 11-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #15
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
Any countries sending us aid?

Waiting for Hugo Chavez and "the good people of Venezuela" to send a ship of oil any day now…….
Didn't Iran offer aid?
Old 11-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #16
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Nearly eight in 10 likely voters say the president has done an “excellent” or “good” job dealing with what’s been labeled a “super storm.
Ask the same people again tomorrow and see what they say, it will be a different story, trust me.
No gas for upto 60 miles away to run generators etc.
Obama pulls the same stuff, spends a few hours in Brigantine NJ
promises the world then pulls a Bengazi, off to campaighing. Talk about
BS 'rs.

Bloomberg is worried about running the Marathon on Sunday. WTH
He should cancel it and ask the in shape runners to volunteer and go
help out in the neighborhoods. Politicians all the same, they all need to
be fired or be judged on their performance before recieveing their pay.

" Choose Life "
Old 11-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #17
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Didn't Iran offer aid?
Yes I'm sure $$$ are flooding in from the foreign countries we have supported
and saved for decades too.

" Choose Life "
Old 11-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #18
Raider Ronnie

According to some reports I've read and heard on talk radio that past 2days utility trucks from some southern states went north to NY & NJ only to be turned away and told their help was not wanted.
I thought Obama said he was cutting all the red tape to get relief & help.
Well guess what, those southern utility companies are NON Union !
So much for cutting the red tape !
You ask me another 4 days of this and those typical democratic states will turn on Obama or not not care about getting to the polls.
How they going to get there to vote with no gas for their cars or no trains running ?

QUOTE=justplugit;967084]Ask the same people again tomorrow and see what they say, it will be a different story, trust me.
No gas for upto 60 miles away to run generators etc.
Obama pulls the same stuff, spends a few hours in Brigantine NJ
promises the world then pulls a Bengazi, off to campaighing. Talk about
BS 'rs.

Bloomberg is worried about running the Marathon on Sunday. WTH
He should cancel it and ask the in shape runners to volunteer and go
help out in the neighborhoods. Politicians all the same, they all need to
be fired or be judged on their performance before recieveing their pay.[/QUOTE]

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 11-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #19
Redsoxticket

The positive of the marathon is that it will bring money to the city and inspire people to donate to the victims of Sandy thru commercials during the event.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #20
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Yes I'm sure $$$ are flooding in from the foreign countries we have supported
and saved for decades too.
Maybe some of those Haitians we helped can skip a few meals and send us their gruel?
Old 11-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #21
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Quote:
Then a lot of sarcastic people on this site.

If Pres. Obama could do more and doesn't, he needs to be held to the same standard as anyone held Pres. Bush. Wasn't Pres. Bush not even aware of the levies being breached for a long period of time?
That won't be determined until AFTER the election. Would have had a better gov (fed/state) response evaluation if Sandy hit 2 weeks previous, there really is a short window until election day now.

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #22
striperman36
Old Guy

Hurricane Sandy Gas Shortage: Dry Pumps Could Last For Days

where's the oil!!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #23
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
According to some reports I've read and heard on talk radio that past 2days utility trucks from some southern states went north to NY & NJ only to be turned away and told their help was not wanted.
those southern utility companies are NON Union !
So much for cutting the red tape !
If this turns out to be true, it's a complete disgrace and the Union making that call should be ashamed of themselves

Old 11-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #24
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxticket View Post
The positive of the marathon is that it will bring money to the city and inspire people to donate to the victims of Sandy thru commercials during the event.
The positive doesn't outweigh the negative. There are people that need serious help, Staten Island is a war zone. Marathon should be cancelled, no question about it. 30,000 people planned to run? Seriously? It's common sense to cancel the thing. They will be handing out water to a runner from "who knows where" when people a few miles away are without water for days. My brother in law has been training for it for a while and is disappointed but he isn't going. He doesn't think it right. He has no clue how he would get down and then back anyway. Why take all those Police and other volunteer resources off the relief effort and have them at a Marathon?

What’s more important…………………….

Old 11-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #25
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
The positive doesn't outweigh the negative. There are people that need serious help, Staten Island is a war zone. Marathon should be cancelled, no question about it. 30,000 people planned to run? Seriously? It's common sense to cancel the thing. They will be handing out water to a runner from "who knows where" when people a few miles away are without water for days. My brother in law has been training for it for a while and is disappointed but he isn't going. He doesn't think it right. He has no clue how he would get down and then back anyway. Why take all those Police and other volunteer resources off the relief effort and have them at a Marathon?

What’s more important…………………….
Geez, Bloomberg must read this site, they just cancelled the New York Marathon. I know it sucks but it is the right thing to do.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #26
Raider Ronnie

Trucks from Alabama for one.
Google it.
I think even the local channels are covering it.

QUOTE=Piscator;967146]If this turns out to be true, it's a complete disgrace and the Union making that call should be ashamed of themselves[/QUOTE]

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 11-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #27
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Maybe some of those Haitians we helped can skip a few meals and send us their gruel?
Great example.

How about those bad selfish capitalistic corporations having sent in millions to help out already without being asked?

" Choose Life "
Old 11-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #28
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Gotta luv how Christie used Obama and put him on the hook to
help his State.

" Choose Life "
Old 11-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #29
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by striperman36 View Post
There's a train of tankers headed east on 80 and west on 95 into NJ/NY right now. (Just came out of PA via 80/95)

There's HUNDREDS of tree trucks and pole trucks going towards NY/NJ from both directions along with having seen probably 30-40 trucks with telephone poles in CT headed towards NY.

There's barges and tankers parked outside around Ambrose Light because half the terminals in NY are either stacked up already or damaged beyond receiving fuel.

Pretty sure we saw a riot at a gas station in NJ.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 11-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #30
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

FEMA out of water until Monday. This morning they were interviewing
people on Staten Island saying the FEMA people weren't helping the
people but riding around in their veichles taking notes.
Meantime one of the churches in the city was pleading for volunteers
to deliver food and water.

" Choose Life "