Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-20-2022, 01:34 PM   #151
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you’re the one finding obscure nobodies and saying they represent the entire gop. that is, when you’re not making stuff up about the gop.

i was taking your page out of your book. and you mocked it, without realizing you were mocking yourself

70% don’t view MTG favorably. you left that out. is that how Polls work that's new

what % of democrats view AOC and ihan Omar favorably? you didn’t mention for some
reason. . didn't have to. I never claimed they WERE THE PARTY you did

if your gibberish is rational, how do you explain what happened in VA and NJ, how do you explain polling? back to reguration
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Marjorie Taylor Greene says she’s the GOP base, not the fringe. We’ll see in 2022.

PS you know this thread is about Ukraine Correct

Once upon a time, if a Russian dictator felt tempted by the weakness of a Democratic president to invade a European country, the conservative reaction would have been uniform and predictable. not any more

Here's another one

A Marine Corps veteran running for Senate in Ohio's GOP primary does not "really care what happens to Ukraine" and is "sick" of President Joe Biden focusing on defending Ukraine's border and not our own.

or How about this Guy

President Joe Biden has fueled this Russian-Ukraine crisis by canceling the Keystone XL Pipeline his first day in office and waiving sanctions on the Nord Stream 2 Pipeline, Putin's "lifeline," according to Sen. John Thune, R-S.D.

Someone should tell Thune the none of XL pipeline was even built under Trump But the Nord Stream 2 was and neither is even operational .... that what Fearmongering looks like

or Cruz Blasts Biden for Setting Stage to Russia's Threatened Invasion of Ukraine Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, on Sunday blamed President Joe Biden’s “weakness” for leaving Europe on the verge of war with Russia.

Cotton Decries Failure To Impose Sanctions To Deter Russian Invasion Of Ukraine now Cotton is siding with The Ukrainian president

I know Jim these are all obscure nobodies in the GOP
Old 02-20-2022, 01:41 PM   #152
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

Fact is, regardless of what reasons for it you conger up, Russia did not "make it into Poland" while Trump was POTUS. They weren't even threatening to.

seem you forgot your 1st post which I responded

This is an example of how you see "more clearly and understand exactly"--conjecture, postulation, speculation . . .

So why didn't Putin make it into Poland while Trump was POTUS?

my response

Because Trump was working on the 1 and 2 on list he gave Trump 3,4,5 and 6 never happened because he wasn't re elected

So clearly I never mentioned Poland or Poland being threatened ..

you Did
Old 02-20-2022, 02:33 PM   #153
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
seem you forgot your 1st post which I responded

This is an example of how you see "more clearly and understand exactly"--conjecture, postulation, speculation . . .

So why didn't Putin make it into Poland while Trump was POTUS?

my response

Because Trump was working on the 1 and 2 on list he gave Trump 3,4,5 and 6 never happened because he wasn't re elected

So clearly I never mentioned Poland or Poland being threatened ..

you Did
Seems like you forgot that my "first post" to which you responded was a response to Pete F's post "If Trump was still POTUS Putin would be in Poland by now. His tiny hands are all over this crisis in Ukraine."

So either you were responding to my question to Pete about why Putin did not make it into Poland while Trump was POTUS, or you just happened to throw in some unrelated personal opinion about something else which I didn't ask for nor care about.
Old 02-20-2022, 09:21 PM   #154
Pete F.
Canceled

Former top Trump Russia advisor Fiona Hill did NOT mince words: “There's no Team America for Trump. Not once did I see him do anything to put America first. Not once. Not for a single second."
Old 02-20-2022, 11:22 PM   #155
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Former top Trump Russia advisor Fiona Hill did NOT mince words: “There's no Team America for Trump. Not once did I see him do anything to put America first. Not once. Not for a single second."
You and Fiona have a lot in common.
Old 02-21-2022, 06:18 AM   #156
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You and Fiona have a lot in common.
Thank you

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-21-2022, 11:01 AM   #157
detbuch

Quote:
Thank you
Yup, you're both rabid anti-Trumpers and would tell any lie to destroy him. She was "central to both spreading the Steele Dossier and ginning up the first Trump impeachment"--one a hoax and the other just usual dirty politics. Richard Grenell said "DC newsrooms protected Fiona Hill and allowed her to tell lies to further her career. She’ll say anything to climb the ladder. I worked closely with her. She is a serial liar."
Old 02-21-2022, 12:50 PM   #158
Pete F.
Canceled

Why is it that almost exclusively if you look at a Trump political operative, Grenell for example, you find connections to Eastern European Oligarchs?
And they fail to comply with FARA requirements.
Just like Manafort and Gates, we still don’t know what Manafort was hiding.
Old 02-21-2022, 01:07 PM   #159
detbuch

Quote:
Why is it that almost exclusively if you look at a Trump political operative, Grenell for example, you find connections to Eastern European Oligarchs?
And they fail to comply with FARA requirements.
Just like Manafort and Gates, we still don’t know what Manafort was hiding.
why do you "almost exclusively" resort to innuendo?
Old 02-21-2022, 01:39 PM   #160
wdmso

The Kremlin says President Putin has decided to recognise the independence of two breakaway areas of Ukraine controlled by Russian-backed separatists.

Yep But Biden Nato and the world is fear mongering
Old 02-21-2022, 02:03 PM   #161
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
why do you "almost exclusively" resort to innuendo?
No, Manafort and Gates both were paid by Deripaska and Deripaska loaned Manafort 10M.
How did Manafort repay that?
Grenell was paid by Vladimir Plahotniuc, a sanctioned Oligarch.
As Putin said Americans are easy, I can buy all I need and he did.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-21-2022, 03:10 PM   #162
detbuch

Quote:
No, Manafort and Gates both were paid by Deripaska and Deripaska loaned Manafort 10M.
How did Manafort repay that?
Grenell was paid by Vladimir Plahotniuc, a sanctioned Oligarch.
As Putin said Americans are easy, I can buy all I need and he did.
What was illegal?
Old 02-21-2022, 03:18 PM   #163
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
What was illegal?
Both Manafort and Gates were convicted.

What did Manafort not talk about?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-21-2022, 03:22 PM   #164
Pete F.
Canceled

Meanwhile the dictator that Trump admired, is annexing portions of Ukraine.
Funny how the Devin Nunes lead Trump social media app times out perfectly with Putin potentially invading Ukraine. It’s almost like they all share the same info.
Old 02-21-2022, 03:39 PM   #165
detbuch

Quote:
Both Manafort and Gates were convicted.

What did Manafort not talk about?
What about Grenell? You threw Grenell into the mix after I quoted what he said about Fiona Hill--"Why is it that almost exclusively if you look at a Trump political operative, Grenell for example". There seemed to be some innuendo there about Grenell, perhaps, not being good as a reference.
Old 02-21-2022, 03:54 PM   #166
detbuch

Quote:
Meanwhile the dictator that Trump admired, is annexing portions of Ukraine.
Funny how the Devin Nunes lead Trump social media app times out perfectly with Putin potentially invading Ukraine. It’s almost like they all share the same info.
More innuendo?
Old 02-21-2022, 04:26 PM   #167
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
What about Grenell? You threw Grenell into the mix after I quoted what he said about Fiona Hill--"Why is it that almost exclusively if you look at a Trump political operative, Grenell for example". There seemed to be some innuendo there about Grenell, perhaps, not being good as a reference.
Grenell is tangled up with Rudy, Toensing and that crowd.

“During the situation that was going on with the Firtash case, Victoria [Toensing] called Ric Grenell...

“She basically asked him, if he sees any pressure coming from DOJ to extradite Firtash, if he could let us know. She told me he said he would.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-21-2022, 04:29 PM   #168
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
More innuendo?
So what info did Trump remove from the White House and bring to the very secure Mar a Lago?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-21-2022, 05:25 PM   #169
detbuch

Quote:
Grenell is tangled up with Rudy, Toensing and that crowd.

“During the situation that was going on with the Firtash case, Victoria [Toensing] called Ric Grenell...

“She basically asked him, if he sees any pressure coming from DOJ to extradite Firtash, if he could let us know. She told me he said he would.”
Must be something there . . . eh? Did that "crowd" create or push the spread of the steele "Dossier?
Old 02-21-2022, 05:29 PM   #170
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The Kremlin says President Putin has decided to recognise the independence of two breakaway areas of Ukraine controlled by Russian-backed separatists.

Yep But Biden Nato and the world is fear mongering
See post #24 of this thread.
Old 02-21-2022, 05:59 PM   #171
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Must be something there . . . eh? Did that "crowd" create or push the spread of the steele "Dossier?
There was no Russian Collusion except for the Don Jr Trump Tower Meeting, Sessions meeting with the Russian Amb, Manafort sharing polling data with a Russian agent, the troll farms, the Facebook ads paid in rubles, the Clinton emails released through Wikileaks coordinated by Roger Stone.

RUSSIAN Oligarch Oleg DERIPASKA Pays Back MITCH

- Dec 2018: McConnell pushed to lift sanctions on Deripaska, Putin ally

- May 2019: Rusal (Deripaska) invests $200 million in Kentucky aluminum plant, McConnell's state

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-21-2022, 06:08 PM   #172
detbuch

Quote:
There was no Russian Collusion except for the Don Jr Trump Tower Meeting, Sessions meeting with the Russian Amb, Manafort sharing polling data with a Russian agent, the troll farms, the Facebook ads paid in rubles, the Clinton emails released through Wikileaks coordinated by Roger Stone.

RUSSIAN Oligarch Oleg DERIPASKA Pays Back MITCH

- Dec 2018: McConnell pushed to lift sanctions on Deripaska, Putin ally

- May 2019: Rusal (Deripaska) invests $200 million in Kentucky aluminum plant, McConnell's state
Ah . . . so that "crowd" did not push the spread of the Steele "Dossier."
Old 02-21-2022, 06:53 PM   #173
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Ah . . . so that "crowd" did not push the spread of the Steele "Dossier."
Did Steele make the Trumpkins claim they didn’t need banks, they got all the money they need from Russia?
Did Steele get Deripaska to forgive millions in loans to Manafort?
Did Steele meet with the Trumpkins in Trump Tower to get dirt on Hillary, British-born Goldstone adds in the exchange of 3 June 2016: “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr Trump.”
Seventeen minutes later, Trump Jr welcomes this with the reply: “If it’s what you say, I love it, especially later in the summer.”
In a later email, Goldstone describes the Russian lawyer they are due to meet, Natalia Veselnitskaya, as a “Russian government attorney”.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-21-2022, 07:52 PM   #174
Pete F.
Canceled

No need to watch Putin. Tucker Carlson will translate it all into Republican tonight.
Old 02-21-2022, 08:09 PM   #175
detbuch

Quote:
Did Steele make the Trumpkins claim they didn’t need banks, they got all the money they need from Russia?
Did Steele get Deripaska to forgive millions in loans to Manafort?
Did Steele meet with the Trumpkins in Trump Tower to get dirt on Hillary, British-born Goldstone adds in the exchange of 3 June 2016: “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr Trump.”
Seventeen minutes later, Trump Jr welcomes this with the reply: “If it’s what you say, I love it, especially later in the summer.”
In a later email, Goldstone describes the Russian lawyer they are due to meet, Natalia Veselnitskaya, as a “Russian government attorney”.
Steele enabled the FBI to get an illegal FISA warrant that enabled a huge expensive ugly racist, sexist, homophobic hoax which threatened our Democracy and that Putin and Xi no doubt enjoyed.
Old 02-21-2022, 09:45 PM   #176
Pete F.
Canceled

As Putin invades, his spokesperson issued a statement: “Ukraine is not even a democracy .. Ukraine is a corrupt, Eastern European autocracy that has spent millions of dollars lobbying politicians in Washington and made the Biden family rich.”
Old 02-21-2022, 09:55 PM   #177
Pete F.
Canceled

It's just so obvious to anyone paying attention. Putin was getting what he wanted from Trump and expecting even more. For example, last night on Russia's state TV they acknowledged: "Trump gave us a 4-year reprieve."
Old 02-21-2022, 10:00 PM   #178
detbuch

Quote:
It's just so obvious to anyone paying attention. Putin was getting what he wanted from Trump and expecting even more. For example, last night on Russia's state TV they acknowledged: "Trump gave us a 4-year reprieve."
It's just so obvious to anyone paying attention, Russia did not invade Ukraine while Trump was POTUS.
Old 02-22-2022, 03:05 AM   #179
Pete F.
Canceled

Russia continues to occupy Ukraine
Trump was Putin's fan and beneficiary. Putin was never our good friend.
Words matter. It's a Putin crisis, not a Ukraine crisis. There are no separatists; they are Russian occupation forces. There is no Russian president; there is a dictator with nukes who wants the world to dance to his tune. Words matter, but they have never stopped a dictator.
Old 02-22-2022, 04:11 AM   #180
scottw

I wonder if wayne is following putin on truth social...I'm sure we'll get updates