Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-13-2020, 07:43 AM   #1
Jim in CT

liberals going after cop shows

Liberals, terrified that anyone might get the idea that not all cops are racist assassins, are going after all police shows on tv. it’s not enough for liberal snowflakes to simply not watch what they don’t happen to like, no one else must be allowed to watch those shows either. those shows must be cancelled.

one of the shows being targeted is Paw Patrol, a children’s cartoon which portrays talking dogs who do good deeds. Paw Patrol.

When liberal beliefs are so utterly thoughtless and flimsy that they are threatened by Paw Patrol, it’s time for liberal snowflakes to grow a pair and re think their beliefs.

Paw Patrol!
Old 06-13-2020, 07:56 AM   #2
spence

And like a moth to a flame, Jim bows to the trolls once again.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-13-2020, 08:14 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
And like a moth to a flame, Jim bows to the trolls once again.
are liberals not demanding that cop
shows be taken off the air? is that a lie?

you guys, and i use that term very loosely, cannot handle the existence of competing ideas. you just can’t. how many times have i asked you an obvious question that made you go hide?

here, let’s try..:which calamity does far more damage to the black community- police
brutality, or urban violence? and which one gets all the media attention? and if the one that does more damage isn’t the one that gets all the media attention, why is that?

have fun with that, cupcake.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:24 AM   #4
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you guys, and i use that term very loosely
Classy

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:29 AM   #5
spence

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...podcast-police

Since Jim craves alternate ideas here is some very rational perspective.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:18 AM   #6
detbuch

Quote:

I can't think of many (if any) TV entertainment programs that don't distort reality. Same for movies. I guess that's the basic attraction of "entertainment." It transports us out of the hum-drum or dispiriting portions of "reality" that fills much of our lives.

I love the Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns. Applying your article's standards to them would be reason to discard them.

Sure, Cops is portrayed as "reality," but so are other TV "reality" shows which also distort "reality." For that matter, TV "news" programs are intentionally slanted to favor some preferred reality--and they go on and on, seemingly forever.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:03 AM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

The most egregious of the Law Enforcement Cancel Culture of the left, surely is Live PD.

Not sure how many of you watched it but it gave a pretty unvarnished look at what actually happened, in real time (well, few minute delay) , by cops in the field.

It showed the good, the bad, the ugly, and the beautiful of Law Enforcement and the Community. And now it has been lost as tribute at the alter of allowed thought.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-13-2020, 11:26 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Classy
sorry, if we’re at a point where kids cartoons are threatening to liberals, then I’m being polite.

here’s an idea, if you don’t like a show, don’t watch it. this is fascism, it’s the dictionary definition of fascism.

why can’t liberals
just not watch? why do the shows have to get cancelled? can you answer that?
Old 06-13-2020, 11:27 AM   #9
Jim in CT

one usually watches television to get away from reality. this is why there aren’t a lot of shows that show people toiling away at work all day and cutting the lawns on the weekend. entertainment is usually an escape from reality.

this is news to liberals?
Old 06-13-2020, 11:29 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:

it’s a tv show. who cares?
Old 06-13-2020, 12:17 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:

like wdmso, you won’t answer my question. why?
Old 06-13-2020, 12:58 PM   #12
PaulS

Quote:
Classy
Stick around. If you think Trump goes low you should see a few people on this site.
Old 06-13-2020, 02:16 PM   #13
wdmso

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/di...-get-canceled/

Jim like all the other's unwilling to research anything .. but love spreading falsehoods ... and liberals are the snowflakes .... thats funny.

And canceling a Cop show making money off police and others and who only airs the juicy encounters.. seems they did some soul searching
Old 06-13-2020, 02:32 PM   #14
wdmso

Quote:
like wdmso, you won’t answer my question. why?
i did answer your question but as always if you dont like the response ,, youll keep insisting it wasnt answered ..

Fyi LEGO are removing all police Legos

And its not true.. unless your a Trump supporter. Their the only one's sharing this info on FB or Twitter
Old 06-13-2020, 03:28 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
i did answer your question but as always if you dont like the response ,, youll keep insisting it wasnt answered ..

Fyi LEGO are removing all police Legos

And its not true.. unless your a Trump supporter. Their the only one's sharing this info on FB or Twitter
you did NOT answer. i asked which caused more harm to blacks. you said they are two different things. that’s nit an answer. why can’t you just answer? everyone knows what the answer is, we
just want to see if you can say it out loud.
Old 06-13-2020, 04:53 PM   #16
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
sorry, if we’re at a point where kids cartoons are threatening to liberals, then I’m being polite.

here’s an idea, if you don’t like a show, don’t watch it. this is fascism, it’s the dictionary definition of fascism.

why can’t liberals
just not watch? why do the shows have to get cancelled? can you answer that?
This isn’t anywhere near close to the point you made which I replied to

Old 06-13-2020, 05:00 PM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
you did NOT answer. i asked which caused more harm to blacks. you said they are two different things. that’s nit an answer. why can’t you just answer? everyone knows what the answer is, we
just want to see if you can say it out loud.

Just like i said you didn't like the answer..

No comment on your fake paw patrol
Old 06-13-2020, 07:09 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Just like i said you didn't like the answer..

No comment on your fake paw patrol
Jim: which causes more harm to blacks, police brutality or urban violence?

WDMSO; those are two different things.

That's answering what I asked? My question already established they were two different things, I asked you to rank them, which necessarily means they are different.

I asked 6 or 7 times. You can't ow won't ansswer, Spence is MIA. It's amazing what sa simple question does to you guys. Why do you cling tto beliefs that cannoy withstand an obvious question?

Careful you don't run into any Paw Patrol episodes, they can be rough.
Old 06-13-2020, 07:13 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
This isn’t anywhere near close to the point you made which I replied to
The point I made was that liberals today are turning into a bunch of fascist, thumb-s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g babies who cannot tolerate the existance of differing ideas. They are cancelling cop shows on TV. Why do liberals demand this Why can't liberals just not watch? Why do those shows have to be taken off the air?

Look at what happened in Seattle. That's not embarassing?

All cops are bad, cry to defund the police, and if you don't get exactly that in 24 hours, take over a city's dontown.

I asked a very, very simple and obvious qustion comparing police brtality to urban violence. Can't get an answer.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:20 PM   #20
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
The point I made was that liberals today are turning into a bunch of fascist, thumb-s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g babies who cannot tolerate the existance of differing ideas. They are cancelling cop shows on TV. Why do liberals demand this Why can't liberals just not watch? Why do those shows have to be taken off the air?

Look at what happened in Seattle. That's not embarassing?

All cops are bad, cry to defund the police, and if you don't get exactly that in 24 hours, take over a city's dontown.

I asked a very, very simple and obvious qustion comparing police brtality to urban violence. Can't get an answer.
You’re the one calling people names...

Old 06-14-2020, 04:03 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
You’re the one calling people names...
right, the liberals aren’t doing that. or it's ok when they do it.

same question to you, which is more destructive to the black community, police brutality ( 9 unarmed blacks killed by cops in the whole country in 2019), or urban violence (18 blacks
murdered in chicago on one day recently, May 31). which does more overall damage, and which gets all the media attention and focus?

spence and wdmso choose not to answer. because the answer doesn’t help their
narrative. which means they don’t care about answers, they care about the narrative.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:22 AM   #22
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
right, the liberals aren’t doing that. or it's ok when they do it.

same question to you, which is more destructive to the black community, police brutality ( 9 unarmed blacks killed by cops in the whole country in 2019), or urban violence (18 blacks
murdered in chicago on one day recently, May 31). which does more overall damage, and which gets all the media attention and focus?

spence and wdmso choose not to answer. because the answer doesn’t help their
narrative. which means they don’t care about answers, they care about the narrative.
Police brutality

Old 06-14-2020, 07:04 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Police brutality
based on what?

i give you credit for answering, although it’s an absurdly wrong answer.

in 2018, there were 7,400 black homicide victims.

i know math isn’t a strong suit for liberals, so here is a lesson.

9 < 7,400.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:17 AM   #24
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
based on what?

i give you credit for answering, although it’s an absurdly wrong answer.

in 2018, there were 7,400 black homicide victims.

i know math isn’t a strong suit for liberals, so here is a lesson.

9 < 7,400.

Before you dissect my point with in-line commentary and try to somehow prove it wrong, imagine for a second that I might be right. Imagine that simply saying, “you’re right, this is complex” might be a massive step forward for the way ideas are shared on this site. Imagine that not trying to argue this point might be ok.

The point has been made over and over: You’re comparing apples to oranges.

This isn’t a debate about “black homicide victims”, it’s about a law enforcement system (not just police) that is under scrutiny for failing to regard human life the same way for people of color as it does for white people.

That doesn’t mean every person of color who dies has to be unjustified, or at the hands of law enforcement, or even at the hands of a white person. It just means that if there is evidence of a system that unfairly victimizes people of color, people dying as a result of that system adds fuel to the fire. Incarceration, brutality and harassment is one thing, but when people die, you can’t take that back. You can’t apologize.

It’s ok to support the point I made above AND have regard for the lives of everyone else on the planet. It’s OK to support the point I made above and believe that repairing inner city communities still needs to happen. It’s even OK to support the point I made above and disagree with every other word that has come out my my keyboard on this site ever.

But when you disagree with that point, and pick it apart, it makes you look like a hypocrite when you choose the next moment to bash someone on here for being a liberal sissy thumb suc-k-er for having their own opinion and believing in something. Freedom of opinion goes both ways.

Regard for human life should too.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:27 AM   #25
detbuch

Quote:
Before you dissect my point with in-line commentary and try to somehow prove it wrong, imagine for a second that I might be right. Imagine that simply saying, “you’re right, this is complex” might be a massive step forward for the way ideas are shared on this site. Imagine that not trying to argue this point might be ok.

The point has been made over and over: You’re comparing apples to oranges.

This isn’t a debate about “black homicide victims”, it’s about a law enforcement system (not just police) that is under scrutiny for failing to regard human life the same way for people of color as it does for white people.

That doesn’t mean every person of color who dies has to be unjustified, or at the hands of law enforcement, or even at the hands of a white person. It just means that if there is evidence of a system that unfairly victimizes people of color, people dying as a result of that system adds fuel to the fire. Incarceration, brutality and harassment is one thing, but when people die, you can’t take that back. You can’t apologize.

It’s ok to support the point I made above AND have regard for the lives of everyone else on the planet. It’s OK to support the point I made above and believe that repairing inner city communities still needs to happen. It’s even OK to support the point I made above and disagree with every other word that has come out my my keyboard on this site ever.

But when you disagree with that point, and pick it apart, it makes you look like a hypocrite when you choose the next moment to bash someone on here for being a liberal sissy thumb suc-k-er for having their own opinion and believing in something. Freedom of opinion goes both ways.

Regard for human life should too.
I don't think Jim disagrees with you. I believe he actually invited you to have the conversation you desire. He asked you "based on what"?

He gave evidence to support his belief. It's your turn to give evidence to support your belief.
Old 06-14-2020, 09:15 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Ian, not commentary. Facts. Hard facts, with zero ambiguity.

i didn’t say it’s “about homicide.”. your side is saying it’s about black lives matter. a notion i agree with.

if you want to improve black lives, it seems to me youd address the issues that adversely impact black lives the most. but that’s not what we do. we limit ourselves to looking at issues that pay political dividends to democrats.

this is complete, total, bullsh*t. you want to improve the black experience, first and foremost, you address fatherlessness. social science is very clear, that’s the driver of poverty, that’s the driver of incomplete education, that’s the driver of boys acting out, that’s the driver of dangerous run ins with the police, that’s the driver of incarceration. and liberalism has made it much worse. Liberals know this, and that’s why they ignore it:
Old 06-14-2020, 04:29 PM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
Ian, not commentary. Facts. Hard facts, with zero ambiguity.

i didn’t say it’s “about homicide.”. your side is saying it’s about black lives matter. a notion i agree with.

if you want to improve black lives, it seems to me youd address the issues that adversely impact black lives the most. but that’s not what we do. we limit ourselves to looking at issues that pay political dividends to democrats.

this is complete, total, bullsh*t. you want to improve the black experience, first and foremost, you address fatherlessness. social science is very clear, that’s the driver of poverty, that’s the driver of incomplete education, that’s the driver of boys acting out, that’s the driver of dangerous run ins with the police, that’s the driver of incarceration. and liberalism has made it much worse. Liberals know this, and that’s why they ignore it:

Jim very simple question how many conservative POTUS have their been how many Republican Governors in how many different states ? To declare some how liberalism is the cause of Blacks problems. Because the issues affect all blacks in all states regardless of who's in charge .. is a comical assertion and shows your truly disconnected with history and the situation as a whole for a vast amount of blacks in Americans

Your zip. Code alone can predict your future ..

Jim and every thing you mentioned has been spoken about for decades .. and it's not coming for the right ... there once was a thing called The ACA or Obamacare for some which targeted giving those disadvantage blacks nd others health care and what party has been trying to gut it from day 1 .... not liberals. Who cuts money from lunch programs or wick or snap benfits not liberals..

Unlike you Iam not suggesting its conservatism is to blame but clearly their more eager to blame liberals ,, while watching the train wreck doing nothing
Old 06-15-2020, 06:45 AM   #28
scottw

this is how "police brutality" happens in many cases I believe...who escalated? was this "racist" cops?

the biggest reason they want cop shows off tv is because it frequently shows how much restraint and composure most cops have dealing with the public

https://youtu.be/hnRuWcgflaE

if I point a weapon at a cop... I expect to get shot...but that's just me I guess....if I get pulled over and I'm an uncooperative a-hole.....I don't expect to be treated well, certainly don't expect the benefit of the doubt

Last edited by scottw; 06-15-2020 at 06:50 AM..
Old 06-15-2020, 07:07 AM   #29
JohnR

There are a lot of problems by race and by economic class. SOME of this is where you live and a lot of those places have been Dem run for decades. It is not absolutely, though.

Minorities do just fine, on average, when they are professionals somewhere in society, getting education, with little difference between being white or not (education, biz, medical, military). Racial bias DOES have something to do with the difference. It is not fair, there IS a gap, and we need to do more to correct that.

Poor white people from the projects or trailer park, have the deck stacked against them too. They also get stuck in the cycle.

Last edited by JohnR; 06-15-2020 at 08:31 AM..

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-15-2020, 08:35 AM   #30
JohnR

NYC Contact Tracers hired by de Blasio’s trace campaign not checking if people attended demonstrations

Over the two last weeks, Mayor Bill de Blasio and others have voiced concerns that packed police brutality protests across the city could trigger a new wave of COVID-19 infections.

Whether or not that’s the case, however, remains unknown — and de Blasio’s team won’t be directly trying to find out.

The hundreds of contact tracing workers hired by the city under de Blasio’s new “test and trace” campaign have been instructed not to ask anyone who’s tested positive for COVID-19 whether they recently attended a demonstration, City Hall confirmed to THE CITY.

https://www.thecity.nyc/coronavirus/...rs-of-new-wave

Apocalypse is Coming: