Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Paul, I am an active Tea Partier. Tea bagger is insulting and offensive as you know. That's fine if you want to play that way, just don't expect any better from me.
Your one of the most offensive persons in this forum. I've pointed it out before.

Call any woman dogs lately?
Old 02-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Muslims don't like dogs, I can't see Jim throwing Obama that bone.

-spence
Old 02-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Your one of the most offensive persons in this forum. I've pointed it out before.

I called Maddow a half-beast (I wouldn't call her a dog, that would be an insult to dogs, my favorite animal) after, and only after, she repeatedly referred to Tea Partiers as tea-bagging racists on the air. There is literally zero evidence to back that up (we got Martin Luther King's niece to speak at our largest gathering), but Maddow knows it's a lot easier to call me a racist than it is to show her audience (all 12 of them) that I'm wrong..

I'm the most civil person you will ever meet, at first. I offer that civility until you spit it back in my face, which you have also repeatedly done. Paul, I coach my kids t-ball team, and no one is more dedicated to making sure they have fun. Until he died 2 weeks ago, my golden retriever and I visited hospice patients every Sunday evening for 10 years. I love people, and care deeeply about them, and I bet I give more time and money to charity than most here. However, i will not sit by like a toilet with teh seat up, and let the real hate mongers crap all over me. I always play fair at first. But throw a few cheap elbows at me, and you won't like the outcome.

Spence, I have never, ever, implied Obama is a Muslim. I have said, multiple times, I wish he were. I learned a lot more about Islam when I was in Iraq than you will ever know, and let me tell you, it can be beautiful. I wish Obama were Muslim, because that would be a lot easier for me to accept than his lifelong devotion to Black Liberation Theology, which is based on hate and racism.

Spence, you can keep trying to paint me as an irrational extremist. I'm the most rational person I know, I'm a mathematician at heart, which means the foundation of my thought process is gathering irrefutable fact, and then figuring out the most likely explanation for those facts. That's how I solve every single problem I confront, every single one. Objectively and open-mindedly, with a little bit of Catholic compassion thrown in for good measure.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 02-29-2012 at 08:32 AM..
Old 02-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

I'm the most civil person you will ever meet, at first. I offer that civility until you spit it back in my face, which you have also repeatedly done. Paul, I coach my kids t-ball team, and no one is more dedicated to making sure they have fun. Until he died 2 weeks ago, my golden retriever and I visited hospice patients every Sunday evening for 10 years. I love people, and care deeeply about them, and I bet I give more time and money to charity than most here. However, i will not sit by like a toilet with teh seat up, and let the real hate mongers crap all over me. I always play fair at first. But throw a few cheap elbows at me, and you won't like the outcome.
Yup, like most of the conservatives I know, when it comes to charity,
walk the walk, not just lip service.

" Choose Life "
Old 02-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Yup, like most of the conservatives I know, when it comes to charity,
walk the walk, not just lip service.
When you have the time, google a study/book called "Who Really Cares", which is the definitive statistical study on who are the most charitable types of people.

Turns out, conservatives give more time to charity, more money to charity, and donate more blood, than liberals. Even though conservatives have, on average, less wealth than liberals do! Which makes sense, as conservatism i sstrong in the rural South, liberalism is strong among the sophisticated swells.

Liberals like to donate someone else's money to charity. not their own....

Here's a summary of the data. Sppence will tell us not to believe it, since it is presented by that right-wing media outlet, ABC.

Who Gives and Who Doesn't? - ABC News