Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-15-2016, 08:16 AM   #61
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
This is surreal. We keep asking why the id process is more burdensome for blacks, and you will not answer. You dodge. You re-direct. You insult. But you cannot answer the question directly.This is sureal - As I said (and I'll repeat again) we have already discussed this exact same issue previously.

Colin Powell? Now that his emails were hacked, we really know what he thinks of Hilary (ambitious, full of hubris) and her pervert husband (still di*king bimbos in his home!!!).yes,he does and he thinks Trump is a clown.

Of course, some racists were birthers. That doesn't mean questioning his birth, was necessarily racist. Some of them weren't racist, just paranoid or stupid or uninformed.

Anyway, one final time...please tell us why it's harder for blacks to get this id, than whites.See above
See above and earlier post.

What about the point that the reason the laws were passed is to prevent minorities from voting.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:23 AM   #62
PaulS

Quote:
"Have I mentioned Racism in my posts "

Are you feeling OK? Seriously, are you OK? Because you have said a couple of times lately, that "Republicans have no use for minorities. "So you think my saying that is saying they are racist?

"It's crazy to think the Birther movement didn't have any racism involved w/it"

Ah, but you didn't say there was "some" racism.Actually I think you need to go back and read what I wrote I never mentioned racism 1 way or the other. I repeated what the person you hold up to show the Repubs. appeal to minorities said about the birher movement. You said the movement itself was racist. Pls. point out where I said that. Two very different things. I don't think liberals even notice anymore, when they accuse conservatives of racism. It's like breathing to them (and you) now. You don't even notice when you are doing it anymore.
Can you pls. point out where I accused conservatives of racism?
Old 09-15-2016, 08:25 AM   #63
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The many, many racist signs which were so prevelant early on.
were any of those signs being held by elected officials?

there are kooks and a-holes in all walks of life.....just because some racist nut cases show up in support of something doesn't make that initial thing racist.

I asked how does asking somebody for a birth certificate or proof of citizenship meet the definition of racism.

was it racist for people to ask for Ted Cruz's proof?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-15-2016, 08:26 AM   #64
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

was it racist for people to ask for Ted Cruz's proof?
and John McCain
Old 09-15-2016, 08:27 AM   #65
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Re structuring voting precincts, closing polling areas in urban areas could be used as an example.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
if you can find one that is not controlled by democrats
Old 09-15-2016, 08:45 AM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
See above and earlier post.

What about the point that the reason the laws were passed is to prevent minorities from voting.
"This is sureal - As I said (and I'll repeat again) we have already discussed this exact same issue previously. "

OK. Let's pretend that I am as dumb as you think I am, and that I can't recall the previous discussion. Because my recollection, is that previous discussion was a lot like this one - many requests for clarification on why the id burden is higher for blacks, with zero actual reasons provided by you and Spence. Please provide actual examples of why blacks, by virtue of their skin color, have a harder time getting that id.

"he (Powell)thinks Trump is a clown. "

here's the thing. I agree with Powell that Trump is a clown. Do you agree with Powell, that Hilary is prone to hubris, and that her husband is a pervert who could spit into a petri dish and start a whole new civilization?

""So you think my saying that is saying they are racist?"

Umm, yes. If you say Republicans have no use for minorities, that is saying they are racist. You are saying that the GOP has derogatory opinions of people based on skin color. Last time I checked, that's the textbook definition of racism.

"I never mentioned racism 1 way or the other. I repeated what the person you hold up to show the Repubs. appeal to minorities said about the birher movement"

OK, so if you use Colin Powell's accusations of racism, to suggest that racism exists, that's not you mentioning racism.

Cue the Twilight Zone music...
Old 09-15-2016, 08:46 AM   #67
PaulS

Quote:
I asked how does asking somebody for a birth certificate or proof of citizenship meet the definition of racism.
Why don't you ask someone who claimed it meet the defintion of racism?
Old 09-15-2016, 08:53 AM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:
Can you pls. point out where I accused conservatives of racism?
Do you have a concussion?

You said that the GOP has no use for minorities.

Here are some other things you said on this thread, these are exact quotes...

"you can't tell me that those Repub. Legisl. put those restrictions in for any other reason than to keep minorities from being able to vote"

"Funny you mention Colin Powell - he just said the whole Birther movement was racist. "

"The many, many racist signs which were so prevelant early on. "

90% of your posts accuse conservatives of racism. The other 10% of your posts, consist of you stubbornly saying that you never accused anyone of racism.

George Bush - saved a million lives in Africa, promoted many blacks to very high profile positions (but he was called a racist by your side)

John McCain - adopted an orphaned girl from Bangladesh (the New York Times published a front page story, totally false, that he fathered the girl with a mistress). Read that again. Adopting an orphan from Bangladesh, is one of the finest expressions of love a human being can contemplate. And instead of giving him credit for that, it was used as a club against him.

Mitt Romney - has a black grandson. For that, the family was ridiculed by a black host at MSNBC who has her own program and is paid a king's ransom, that's how highly she is thought of.

If these GOP leaders are racists, they really stink at being racist. They need to take some lessons on how to really be racist.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:53 AM   #69
PaulS

Quote:
OK. Let's pretend that I am as dumb as you think I am, and that I can't recall the previous discussion. Because my recollection, is that previous discussion was a lot like this one - many requests for clarification on why the id burden is higher for blacks, with zero actual reasons provided by you and Spence. Please provide actual examples of why blacks, by virtue of their skin color, have a harder time getting that id.
I made you an offer earlier - if I show you a link where we discussed the EXACT SAME THING, you agree that anytime you bring up the EXACT SAME THING that has been discussed previously and someone provides a link, you refrain from posting in that thread.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:57 AM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
For Gods sake man, you said those id laws were put in, specifically to suppress black voter turnout.

So now you are claiming, that suppressing black votes, is not racist?
Old 09-15-2016, 08:59 AM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
I made you an offer earlier - if I show you a link where we discussed the EXACT SAME THING, you agree that anytime you bring up the EXACT SAME THING that has been discussed previously and someone provides a link, you refrain from posting in that thread.
No.

I'm not interested in re-examining another link, where we kept asking the question, and you kept dodging.

So just tell us why voter id laws are more burdensome for blacks than they are for whites.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:06 AM   #72
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I did...

Quote:
However, since you brought it up. - It's crazy to think the Birther movement didn't have any racism involved w/it.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:19 AM   #73
PaulS

Quote:
No.

I'm not interested in re-examining another link, where we kept asking the question, and you kept dodging.

So just tell us why voter id laws are more burdensome for blacks than they are for whites.
And I'm not interesting in discussing the same thing over and over and over with you.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:23 AM   #74
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
This is surreal. We keep asking why the id process is more burdensome for blacks, and you will not answer. You dodge. You re-direct. You insult. But you cannot answer the question directly.

Colin Powell? Now that his emails were hacked, we really know what he thinks of Hilary (ambitious, full of hubris) and her pervert husband (still di*king bimbos in his home!!!).

Of course, some racists were birthers. That doesn't mean questioning his birth, was necessarily racist. Some of them weren't racist, just paranoid or stupid or uninformed.

Anyway, one final time...please tell us why it's harder for blacks to get this id, than whites.
Dog Whistles. If one makes everything a dog whistle and condition people to yelp, you can ignore parsing at a deeper level.

Dog Whistle: Asking for birth certificate is racist
Dog Whistle: Strong Border security is racist
Dog Whistle: Illegal immigration is racist
Dog Whistle: Requiring people proving eligibility to vote is racist.

We have some of the most lax border security, citizenship, and voting laws in the world, yet they are still racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Use the brain Luke!
Quote:
Use Common Sense, Jar Jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Re structuring voting precincts, closing polling areas in urban areas could be used as an example.
Personally I don't think that blacks are suppressed from voting
I would think if you apply the same rules for everyone that would not be racist. Punish the ones that violate that. As for Gerrymandering - that is a game the Dems play better than Rs. I guess that is why in a blue state we only hear it happening in Red states

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-15-2016, 09:26 AM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
And I'm not interesting in discussing the same thing over and over and over with you.
In which, a "discussion" is when you accuse everyone who disagrees with you of racism, and then refuse to explain why they are racists.

We get it, Paul, we get it.

Tell the million Africans who are alive today thanks to George Bush, that he has no use for them. Tell John McCain's daughter that he has no use for her. Tell Mitt Romney's grandson that his grandpa has no use for him.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:26 AM   #76
PaulS

Quote:
I did...
You have bad reading comprehension.

You said "I asked how does asking somebody for a birth certificate or proof of citizenship meet the definition of racism."

and I said "Why don't you ask someone who claimed it meet the defintion of racism?"

and you quoted me as saying "However, since you brought it up. - It's crazy to think the Birther movement didn't have any racism involved w/it."

Aren't they 2 different things? I never said that asking for a birth certificate or a proof of citizenship met the definition of racism. I'm sure when President Obama first ran for Senate or was put on the foreign relations committeed he was asked for his birth certificate.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:34 AM   #77
PaulS

Quote:
In which, a "discussion" is when you accuse everyone who disagrees with you of racism, and then refuse to explain why they are racists.
I must of missed that post.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:49 AM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:
I must of missed that post.
Republicans have no use for minorities.

Did you not say that? Or is that somehow different, from saying they are racist?
Old 09-15-2016, 09:54 AM   #79
PaulS

Quote:
Republicans have no use for minorities.

Did you not say that? Or is that somehow different, from saying they are racist?
Do the Dems. have any use of Evangelicals?

Keep blowing that racism whistle.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:58 AM   #80
Jim in CT

Quote:
Do the Dems. have any use of Evangelicals?

Keep blowing that racism whistle.
Paul, if you say that the GOP has no use for minorities, how is that different from calling them racist?
Old 09-15-2016, 10:34 AM   #81
scottw

Quote:

Have I mentioned Racism in my posts?
nearly every post in this thread

it's amusing...keep going...you're on record pace
Old 09-15-2016, 10:34 AM   #82
PaulS

Quote:
Paul, if you say that the GOP has no use for minorities, how is that different from calling them racist?
In my view it is totally different. You can think you can get elected w/o appealling to a certain group of people. Doesn't make you a racist to not appeal to them.

Had the Republican's gotten some immigration reform done, they prob. would be polling better and prob. in the lead now.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:36 AM   #83
scottw

Quote:
In my view it is totally different. You can think you can get elected w/o appealling to a certain group of people. Doesn't make you a racist to not appeal to them.

Had the Republican's gotten some immigration reform done, they prob. would be polling better and prob. in the lead now.
boom!

that's a very odd sentence
Old 09-15-2016, 10:36 AM   #84
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
You have bad reading comprehension.

You said "I asked how does asking somebody for a birth certificate or proof of citizenship meet the definition of racism."

and I said "Why don't you ask someone who claimed it meet the defintion of racism?"

and you quoted me as saying "However, since you brought it up. - It's crazy to think the Birther movement didn't have any racism involved w/it."

Aren't they 2 different things? I never said that asking for a birth certificate or a proof of citizenship met the definition of racism. I'm sure when President Obama first ran for Senate or was put on the foreign relations committeed he was asked for his birth certificate.
Sooooo....Basically, you got nuthin'

Old 09-15-2016, 10:38 AM   #85
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
nearly every post in this thread

it's amusing...keep going...you're on record pace
Actually your snarkiness is amusing. I'll get back to you when I need some customer service
Old 09-15-2016, 10:38 AM   #86
PaulS

Quote:
Sooooo....Basically, you got nuthin'
noooooo, basically you can't read.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:50 AM   #87
scottw

Quote:
Actually your snarkiness is amusing. I'll get back to you when I need some customer service
glad you approve and find amusement....you know that I love you
Old 09-15-2016, 10:57 AM   #88
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
glad you approve and find amusement....you know that I love you
Thank you and I love you too
Old 09-15-2016, 11:08 AM   #89
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
noooooo, basically you can't read.
Well, which is it? Can I not read or do I have bad reading comprehension?

Aren't they 2 different things?

Old 09-15-2016, 11:13 AM   #90
Jim in CT

Quote:

There is a world of difference between...

(1) the GOP thinking they can win without the black vote, and
(2) the GOP introducing voting laws that are specifically designed to suppress the black vote.

#1 is not racist. You specifically accused the GOP, of #2. Trying to deny US citizens their constitutional rights based on skin color, could not be more racist.

"Had the Republican's gotten some immigration reform done, they prob. would be polling better and prob. in the lead now"

Not sure who you mean by "Republicans". Nationwide, the GOP currently controls both houses of Congress, and a huge majority of governorships and state legislatures.

If you are talking about just this one presidential election, if you think the GOP is way behind, then you haven't looked at polling that reflects Hilary's "pneumonia", or her deplorables comment. The most recent polling has Trump surging. CNN, which has all but endorsed Hilary in this election for God's sake, has him ahead in Ohio and Florida.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...nal-polls.html

Perhaps when your first instinct is to lie every single time you hit a bump in the road, and to describe almost 25% of the country you wish to lead as deplorable (half of Trump's supporters), that has ramifications.

Trying to follow your logic on this thread, is like following my dog's foot prints in new-fallen snow, and trying to find the logic in the path he followed. A real head-scratcher in either case.

For God's sakes, why did my side nominate this jerk? If we nominated anyone else, she would have written her concession speech by now. She couldn't beat Nixon right now.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-15-2016 at 11:53 AM..