Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-31-2018, 03:54 PM   #61
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Taxation is theft
So is not paying your debts and obligations. (National debt)

So is not paying your employees a living wage and they have to rely on food stamps, yet you are a billionaire.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-31-2018, 03:56 PM   #62
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
have you read it?
Thats the key who's read it ...who alone wrote it and why and who has been promoting it all in an attempt to discredit the FBI and the muller investigation... seems obvious to even the casual observer

In early 2017, he was criticized for bias in a congressional investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections.[3][4] On April 6, 2017, he temporarily stepped aside from leading that investigation while the Office of Congressional Ethics investigates charges that he improperly disclosed classified information to the public, but he remains committee chairman for other purposes. Nunes has denied the allegations.[5][6] The Office of Congressional Ethics later cleared Nunes of allegations that he disclosed classified information to the public.[7][6] His attacks on the FBI and the investigation by independent counsel Robert Mueller have created concerns about GOP efforts to halt the investigation and to protect Trump from any allegations against him.[8]

But now he generates his own memo .... amazing
Old 01-31-2018, 04:08 PM   #63
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
And what would be wrong with that?
You don’t put out a fire by pouring fuel on it.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:10 PM   #64
Pete F.
Canceled

What worries me is we have saved everybody from having to pay for Obamacare and have not even tried to fix the medical cost conundrum, are trillions in debt and now we need to build a wall to keep out immigrants and add to our roughly 5000 nuclear weapons because somebody else with bad hair has 10. Other than the Russians nobody has 10% of what we do currently. Look and see how many nukes the Chinese have, latest estimate I see is 260, probably plenty to F the world up.
Think about how this works. If I am a very rich man my illnesses might kill me but can never bankrupt me, even if i self insure. And as a rich man, I own stock in the companies that provide insurance, drugs and healthcare and make the profit I deserve(hey just because you don't have any capital its not my fault) I don't think I should have to help anyone else. But I need protection for the things I have and my way of life so i need you to fight for me for a pittance and finance my war machine. Oh by the way I make a lot more money from the military by supplying the armaments that you need to protect me.
Think about when you were a kid, who owned the store on the corner, the gas station, the butcher, the baker, the hardware store, etc. they lived in the community and made some money. Who owns those places now and where does the money go? I bet the manager in the convenience store you get coffee at makes a bit over minimum wage and your money goes to corporate america, not your neighbor and fellow local taxpayer.
So much for the top 10% and I assume the rest of you are with me in the bottom 90% of Americans.
What I want is to work together to control costs to a reasonable limit for Healthcare, Infrastructure, Military and other needs. Maybe that makes me a liberal, but I kinda think it makes me a reasonable person. Rant over

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-31-2018, 04:17 PM   #65
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Thats the key who's read it ...

But now he generates his own memo .... amazing

which you've not read but wrote

... Nunes memo is nothing more than running interference for the potus ..

is this a Nebelike prediction or "fact" ?
Old 01-31-2018, 04:18 PM   #66
Nebe

Oh my god Pete, you sound like a commie pinko snowflake!
Old 01-31-2018, 04:30 PM   #67
detbuch

Quote:
Is that a good thing?
Old 01-31-2018, 04:45 PM   #68
spence

Quote:
which you've not read but wrote

... Nunes memo is nothing more than running interference for the potus ..

is this a Nebelike prediction or "fact" ?
Based on everything I've seen the Nunes memo is nothing more than a stunt, possibly coordinated with the White House.

The is the worst kind of political malpractice at the expense of the FBI.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:54 PM   #69
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Based on everything I've seen the Nunes memo is nothing more than a stunt, possibly coordinated with the White House.

YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING
Old 01-31-2018, 04:58 PM   #70
spence

Quote:
A lot of very credible people have. Look at the drama around this and it's pretty clear what this is all about.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:54 PM   #71
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Actually I just read Ron Paul’s tweets and they are better than the path we’ve been on the past twenty years But I can see a little control

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-01-2018, 09:16 AM   #72
wdmso

Quote:

FBI itself which complained of "material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo's accuracy".

or in layman's terms complete BS
Old 02-01-2018, 09:18 AM   #73
Nebe

Quote:
FBI itself which complained of "material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo's accuracy".

ALTERNATIVE FACTS
Old 02-01-2018, 09:32 AM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:

"Based on everything I've seen the Nunes memo is nothing more than a stun"

Given that all the "news" you see is from MSNBC and Al-Jazeera, I'm not surprised.

"The is the worst kind of political malpractice at the expense of the FBI"

Not at the expense of the entire FBI. At the expense of a small number of high-level people who are likely political appointees with a political agenda.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:33 AM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
A lot of very credible people have. Look at the drama around this and it's pretty clear what this is all about.
"A lot of very credible people have"

And some of those credible people are saying there's a scandal there.

"Look at the drama around this and it's pretty clear what this is all about"

If the memo is, as you would say, a nothingburger, why is the left so desperate to prevent it from coming out?
Old 02-01-2018, 09:59 AM   #76
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
If the memo is, as you would say, a nothingburger, why is the left so desperate to prevent it from coming out?
Jim, Trump's Republican appointed FBI Director doesn't want it released.

Sounds like it reveals highly classified methods and per the FBI's statement... “As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.”

What I found even more interesting is that the FISA request in question wasn't even new. Carter Page had been under investigation for some time as a suspected Russian stooge. This FISA request was simply to renew the surveillance order.

This is a stunt intended to undermine the FBI.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:05 AM   #77
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sounds like it reveals highly classified methods
Well then get Hillary on it, she'll get that chit out to the known free world in no time.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-01-2018, 10:11 AM   #78
PaulS

and the Repub. are claiming that the reason for the FISA request was the Steele document but it makes no difference what caused the FBI requested it. It is just more noise. Pathetic.

Don't forget that the Repub. appointed FBI Director didn't only say concerns, he said "grave concerns".

Why not release the Dems. memo? The Repubs. will stop at nothing to protect Trump - even tear down our institutions.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:14 AM   #79
Jim in CT

I watched some of the speech again, and the democrats' reactions (mostly sitting there scowling, looking angry and sullen).

I have a LOT of issues with Trump. But I will say this, I have never seen anyone better, at making his opponents look stupid. There are times when Trump is the one who looks ugly, no doubt. But more often than not, he makes laughing stocks out of his adversaries, which makes them hate him more, and he loves it.

He praises a little boy for setting motion an effort to put thousands of American flags on the graves of deceased vets, and there are the Democrats, sitting there looking angry. He praises black unemployment being low, and there are the democrats, including the congressional black caucus, looking pissed.

You watch that, and unless you are a committed liberal, you ask yourself...what do these people stand for, and who do they represent? I think their entire political identity and agenda can be reduced to this...they hate Trump. And that's it. That's all they have. They have gone all-in on hating Trump, all their eggs are in that basket.

It may be enough to take back the house. Or it may blow up in their faces. If their entire political strategy is to say "I hate the guy who helped increase the size of your paycheck", America might not give a rat's azz.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:16 AM   #80
PaulS

Quote:

Sounds like it reveals highly classified methods
Why would the Repub. care? They hardly uttered peep when
Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting. It jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State. They defended the outing of a US spy - Plame.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:48 AM   #81
DZ

It comes down to this: Is it better to release it and expose possible agency corruption at the highest levels? Or is it better to not release it by keeping it classified and just sweep it under the rug?

IMO if you sweep this under the rug it's akin to letting the potential Russian collusion with Trump campaign slide from the beginning as that was also classified at one time. Basically the same thing as the current memo in question potentially shows Russian collusion possibly financed by the Democratic Party.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:49 AM   #82
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
and the Repub. are claiming that the reason for the FISA request was the Steele document but it makes no difference what caused the FBI requested it.
Well no, the FISA request has to be thoroughly justified for a Judge to sign it. If the Steele document was the only basis for the request it would have never been approved from what I understand.

It's also unclear how Nunes even got the FISA request to begin with and there's suspicion now there was coordination with the White House in its creation.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:50 AM   #83
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
Basically the same thing as the current memo in question potentially shows Russian collusion possibly financed by the Democratic Party.
Come on...really DZ?
Old 02-01-2018, 11:03 AM   #84
Nebe

Lol.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:14 AM   #85
DZ

Quote:
Come on...really DZ?
Dossier - correct?

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:16 AM   #86
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well no, the FISA request has to be thoroughly justified for a Judge to sign it. If the Steele document was the only basis for the request it would have never been approved from what I understand.

It's also unclear how Nunes even got the FISA request to begin with and there's suspicion now there was coordination with the White House in its creation.
"FISA request has to be thoroughly justified for a Judge to sign it"

First, can you tell us how you know what the standards are for FISA requests to be granted? I thought they were secret.

Second, it's possible that a knowingly false request could be presented to a judge, in order to meet the burden. No one is saying the judge didn't grant it, perhaps he granted it based on knowingly false information.

I'm not following this that closely. Sean Hannity is saying that Hilary's campaign paid for a dossier of lies to be put together which was presented to a FISA judge, for the purposes of spying on Trump. I wouldn't bet a nickel that's true. But I am curious. But it's impossible to know what's true.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:20 AM   #87
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
It comes down to this: Is it better to release it and expose possible agency corruption at the highest levels? Or is it better to not release it by keeping it classified and just sweep it under the rug?

IMO if you sweep this under the rug it's akin to letting the potential Russian collusion with Trump campaign slide from the beginning as that was also classified at one time. Basically the same thing as the current memo in question potentially shows Russian collusion possibly financed by the Democratic Party.
How did the Dems. collude w/the Russians?

If you are in favor of releasing it bc you don't want it swept under the rug why not release the Dem. memo then? Read what the FBI director said. "we have grave concerns with material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy". What exactly is the FBI director saying with that statement.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:26 AM   #88
PaulS

Quote:
I think we are in somewhat agreement. It is my understanding that if they used the Steele doc. in any way they still would have to provide other evidence.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:26 AM   #89
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot
Taxation is theft

Quote:
So is not paying your debts and obligations. (National debt)

So that would be double theft. Taxation and, as has been the case with the federal government for over 70 years, not paying its national debt. All it does is pay the interest as the debt keeps getting larger.

So is not paying your employees a living wage and they have to rely on food stamps, yet you are a billionaire.
So you're against food stamps?
Old 02-01-2018, 11:29 AM   #90
detbuch

Quote:

The FBI has been very good at leaking "facts." It can leak the "material omissions" if it wants to correct the record.