Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-17-2018, 06:46 PM   #61
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
more reason to not vote for Democrats and their liberal policy, and more reason to vote for more liberties and freedoms and free market
The people saying they're promoting your liberties and freedom are robbing you...just saying.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:13 PM   #62
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The people saying they're promoting your liberties and freedom are robbing you...just saying.
That's in the archives, right?
Old 03-18-2018, 02:10 PM   #63
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
They all lie, let's ban liars

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:56 PM   #64
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
They all lie, let's ban liars
That's why I liked Obama, he was probably one of the most honest presidents in a while.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:08 PM   #65
scottw

Quote:
That's why I liked Obama, he was probably one of the most honest presidents in a while.
no....you just lapped up his BS
Old 03-18-2018, 03:33 PM   #66
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
no....you just lapped up his BS
Honest guy, family man with a great wife and great kids, went to church...there's a lot to respect.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:23 PM   #67
detbuch

Quote:
Honest guy, family man with a great wife and great kids, went to church...there's a lot to respect.
Honest guy=family man with a great wife and great kids, went to church
Old 03-18-2018, 05:08 PM   #68
scottw

hard to figure who he worships more..Well Intentioned Hillary or Honest Obe
Old 03-18-2018, 11:42 PM   #69
detbuch

Quote:
Your position isn't supported by the facts. CRA loans actually have had a much lower default rate historically. I think this was discussed years ago on this very site.
"Historically" is not the point. In a moment of spare time, I delved into the archives to see if the President's new economic advisor had an opinion about the CRA's effect on the great recession. Larry Kudlow, (very respected, not fired from his job) said this little tidbit:

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/28/are-...-villains.html
Old 03-19-2018, 12:16 AM   #70
detbuch

Quote:
I see your reference is a financial gossip blogger who was fired from businessinsider shortly after the piece was authored.

Touche indeed
Oh, and I decided to check "the archives" to confirm your post about Carney being fired "shortly after the piece was authored." Turns out that it was not shortly after the piece was authored, but 9 months later and had nothing to do with "the piece."

His firing was a surprise move and was motivated not by his article on the effect of the CRA on the housing crises of 2008, but "The general consensus seems to be that Carney is out because he, Blodget, and publisher Julie Hansen could not agree on how to cover and present stories. Blodget pushed for clicks through sensational headlines and features, like galleries, while Carney preferred focusing on breaking stories and in-depth reporting." Sounds like Carney was the more reputable reporter on the magazine, and those firing him were the sleazy ones--http://www.adweek.com/digital/john-carney-fired-from-business-insider/

And Carney did well professionally after leaving BI. As of 2013, "John Carney is a senior editor at CNBC.com, covering Wall Street, hedge funds, financial regulation and other business news. Prior to joining CNBC.com, John was the editor of Clusterstock.com and DealBreaker.com." So he is not a gossip hack, but is a credible financial analyst.

So you tried to twist the story to make it sound like Carney was some incompetent gossip columnist who lost his job because he wrote a fallacious, fake news, story.

Seems like you're the faker. A rather sleazy trick to make the article by Carney that I posted to be stupid and not worth refuting. That you didn't have to refute anything he said--probably because you couldn't. I've read the leftist attempt by the Center For American Progress to acquit the CRA of any fault in the 2008 financial crisis, and Carney, in the article that you could not refute, rebutted that sort of whitewashing of the CRA, point by point.

Last edited by detbuch; 03-19-2018 at 12:33 AM..
Old 03-20-2018, 07:20 AM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
That was some church he went to, boy. You could just feel the love and tolerance oozing out of Rev Wright's sermons.

Obama seems devoted to his family, gotta give him that...Great wife? You say so...
Old 03-20-2018, 07:48 AM   #72
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
That was some church he went to, boy. You could just feel the love and tolerance oozing out of Rev Wright's sermons.

Obama seems devoted to his family, gotta give him that...Great wife? You say so...
Perhaps you should do a comparison between Reverend Wright and Donald Trump, but you probably have not read any of his sermons.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-20-2018, 07:59 AM   #73
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Perhaps you should do a comparison between Reverend Wright and Donald Trump, but you probably have not read any of his sermons.
I have said a thousand times I don't like Trump's lack of morals. Trump is a sleazy jerk. Wright is a forming at the mouth, howling at he moon, lunatic and bigot.

No one claims that Trump is their spiritual advisor. Rev Wright is a deranged bigot, and not surprisingly, Obama claimed he was his spiritual advisor.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:00 AM   #74
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Oh, and I decided to check "the archives" to confirm your post about Carney being fired "shortly after the piece was authored." Turns out that it was not shortly after the piece was authored, but 9 months later and had nothing to do with "the piece."
In the span of a career 9 months is pretty short and fired is fired.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:53 AM   #75
detbuch

Quote:
In the span of a career 9 months is pretty short and fired is fired.
You structured you rhetoric to imply that Carney's firing was due to the article on the CRA. 9 months is a long time to fire someone over writing a fallacious article. And the reason for the firing was not even due to the article.

Actually, your post was fallacious, misleading, and a sleazy trick.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:40 AM   #76
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I have said a thousand times I don't like Trump's lack of morals. Trump is a sleazy jerk. Wright is a forming at the mouth, howling at he moon, lunatic and bigot.

No one claims that Trump is their spiritual advisor. Rev Wright is a deranged bigot, and not surprisingly, Obama claimed he was his spiritual advisor.
"The government gives them [African Americans] the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."

• After September 11, 2001, he said: "We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back into our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost."

• "It just came to me within the past few weeks, y'all, why so many folks are hating on Barack Obama. He doesn't fit the model. He ain't white, he ain't rich, and he ain't privileged. Hillary fits the mold. Europeans fit the mold, Giuliani fits the mold. Rich white men fit the mold. Hillary never had a cab whiz past her and not pick her up because her skin was the wrong colour. Hillary never had to worry about being pulled over in her car as a black man driving in the wrong… I am sick of Negroes who just do not get it. Hillary was not a black boy raised in a single parent home, Barack was. Barack knows what it means to be a black man living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary can never know that. Hillary ain't never been called a nigger. Hillary has never had her people defined as non-persons."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-20-2018, 12:25 PM   #77
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
"The government gives them [African Americans] the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."

• After September 11, 2001, he said: "We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back into our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost."

• "It just came to me within the past few weeks, y'all, why so many folks are hating on Barack Obama. He doesn't fit the model. He ain't white, he ain't rich, and he ain't privileged. Hillary fits the mold. Europeans fit the mold, Giuliani fits the mold. Rich white men fit the mold. Hillary never had a cab whiz past her and not pick her up because her skin was the wrong colour. Hillary never had to worry about being pulled over in her car as a black man driving in the wrong… I am sick of Negroes who just do not get it. Hillary was not a black boy raised in a single parent home, Barack was. Barack knows what it means to be a black man living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary can never know that. Hillary ain't never been called a nigger. Hillary has never had her people defined as non-persons."
Sounds like the comments of an ignorant, demented, racist.