Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-12-2022, 03:03 PM   #1
Jim in CT

In December, Biden said 6.8% inflation was "the peak"

Now 3 months later, inflation is at +8.5%.

He can't get one right by accident at this point.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:33 PM   #2
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Ya but no mean tweets, kids are learning about sex and deciding on which sex to be by 4/5th grade and the border is wide open with millions of migrants coming in (funny how covid & vaccination not an issue for them while nurse & cops getting fired for refusing)

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-12-2022, 05:20 PM   #3
Jim in CT

no mean tweets. it’s far preferable to have a president who calls a reporter a stupid sob for asking an obvious question.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-12-2022, 06:44 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Now 3 months later, inflation is at +8.5%.

He can't get one right by accident at this point.
IT APPEARS THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA HAS DECIDED TO MOVE ON FROM THE GINNI THOMAS STORY. THE WIFE OF A SUPREME COURT JUSTICE HELPED ORGANIZE A DEADLY COUP AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT? NO BIG DEAL! LET’S KEEP TALKING ABOUT GAS PRICES!

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-12-2022, 07:16 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
IT APPEARS THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA HAS DECIDED TO MOVE ON FROM THE GINNI THOMAS STORY.
Right. Because even the mainstream media isn’t as deranged as you are.
Old 04-12-2022, 07:19 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Right. Because even the mainstream media isn’t as deranged as you are.
Because blah blah is more important than THE WIFE OF A SUPREME COURT JUSTICE HELPED ORGANIZE A DEADLY COUP AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT? NO BIG DEAL! LET’S KEEP TALKING ABOUT GAS PRICES!

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-12-2022, 07:22 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Because blah blah is more important than THE WIFE OF A SUPREME COURT JUSTICE HELPED ORGANIZE A DEADLY COUP AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT? NO BIG DEAL! LET’S KEEP TALKING ABOUT GAS PRICES!
a deadly coup where capital police invited them in.

tell me more.

oh, how i’m looking forward to november.

the left controls the federal government. if she indeed helped organize a deadly coup, she’d be in federal prison.
Old 04-12-2022, 07:47 PM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Old 04-12-2022, 07:51 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
a deadly coup where capital police invited them in.

tell me more.

oh, how i’m looking forward to november.

the left controls the federal government. if she indeed helped organize a deadly coup, she’d be in federal prison.
Sure Jim, you been huffing with Jr????
Ya think the Justice system works like that?
Accusation and imprisonment?
Perhaps a civics lesson would help?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-12-2022, 08:55 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
a deadly coup where capital police invited them in
Jim, I know you are a bit tender with insults but this one of the most idiotic things ever poster here. It’s like you, Pete and Wdmso had a super baby to try and blow up the Internet.
Old 04-12-2022, 09:15 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim, I know you are a bit tender with insults but this one of the most idiotic things ever poster here. It’s like you, Pete and Wdmso had a super baby to try and blow up the Internet.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:17 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
please tell me if you fail to see capital police letting protesters into the capital, on this video.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:18 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
anything else, madam? or did i straighten you out enough.
Old 04-13-2022, 12:51 AM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Yes, inflation is high. That’s why Dems proposed measures to cut costs, like capping insulin prices and suspending the gas tax and all of the elements of BBB (from child care to lower drug prices). Republicans blocked all of it.

They wail about problems, offer zero solutions.
As Senator Stabenow said: "There was $7 trillion in new debt just from the four years of Trump and 2.6 million jobs lost during the Trump years. But when Senator McConnell and Republican leaders come to this podium, all they do is complain that we're not cleaning up their mess fast enough."
Old 04-13-2022, 05:50 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yes, inflation is high. That’s why Dems proposed measures to cut costs, like capping insulin prices and suspending the gas tax and all of the elements of BBB (from child care to lower drug prices). Republicans blocked all of it.

They wail about problems, offer zero solutions.
As Senator Stabenow said: "There was $7 trillion in new debt just from the four years of Trump and 2.6 million jobs lost during the Trump years. But when Senator McConnell and Republican leaders come to this podium, all they do is complain that we're not cleaning up their mess fast enough."
“yes inflation is high”.

thanks for the scoop.

the dems also pumped trillions into the economy, that’s a big contributor to inflation, and republicans aren’t innocent in that either! republicans also spent way too much. but biden took it to another level.

“suspending the gas tax”

almost meaningless in the face of this inflation.

BBB would have made it worse. you don’t solve inflation with massive new government spending.

pete, nothing is free. if you don’t pay for it, someone else is.
Old 04-13-2022, 06:05 AM   #16
wdmso

Inflation or Scamfaltion 11lb Ham listed price 48.29 cents sale price 10.89 ..

Soaring petrol prices send US inflation to 40-year high
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61083104

Inflation rates were already rising before Russia's invasion of Ukraine as many global economies reopened following the lifting of Covid restrictions. However, prices appear to be accelerating at a time when wage growth is struggling to keep up.

Conservatives from covid experts to no economy experts .. to bad they were truth telling experts
Old 04-13-2022, 06:11 AM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
please tell me if you fail to see capital police letting protesters into the capital, on this video.

And if on Q jim thinks that 4 cops are going to stand up to a mob who just beat their way into the building.. for their own safety they were ordered dont engage the crowd ..

Jim Ive been in prison riots if it can be isolated is isolated if we were outnumbered . we leave the are and re group and return in force like what happened on Jan 6th... there was no invitation
Old 04-13-2022, 06:18 AM   #18
wdmso

Quote:
“yes inflation is high”.

thanks for the scoop.

the dems also pumped trillions into the economy, that’s a big contributor to inflation, and republicans aren’t innocent in that either! republicans also spent way too much. but biden took it to another level.

Again what actual happened

Biden administration didn’t realize when it passed that stimulus back in March was all of the ways in which the pandemic was going to still be disrupting our lives nearly a year later, and the ways in which that made it harder for the economy to absorb that $1.9 trillion that was pouring into it — and as a result, how those two things would come together to cause inflation.

And guess what it is still affecting the global Markets ... Shanghai lockdown drags on, fears grow for global trade“China’s worst COVID outbreak may lead to delays and higher prices, which could stall recovery and further add to global inflation,”

yet the Gullible American Is convinced its somehow just an american problem caused by the POTUS ...

Last edited by wdmso; 04-13-2022 at 06:23 AM..
Old 04-13-2022, 06:54 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again what actual happened

Biden administration didn’t realize when it passed that stimulus back in March was all of the ways in which the pandemic was going to still be disrupting our lives nearly a year later, and the ways in which that made it harder for the economy to absorb that $1.9 trillion that was pouring into it — and as a result, how those two things would come together to cause inflation.

And guess what it is still affecting the global Markets ... Shanghai lockdown drags on, fears grow for global trade“China’s worst COVID outbreak may lead to delays and higher prices, which could stall recovery and further add to global inflation,”

yet the Gullible American Is convinced its somehow just an american problem caused by the POTUS ...
i didn’t say there weren’t reasons for any of the spending. but trump and biden pumped a huge volume of dollars into the economy.

if you ever read an economics book, chapter 1 would explain why the value of anything ( like
dollars) will decrease when you massively increase the supply.

as to covid stimulus….why send big fat checks to people
who weren’t impacted in any way whatsoever? many, many people
didn’t miss a single paycheck due to covid, yet they got multiple huge payouts from the feds. why? cops, firemen, teachers, plenty of white collar workers didn’t miss a single paycheck. but they got covid money from trump and biden. stupid.

not just an american problem
caused only by potus. but caused by the last few presidents to a meaningful degree. Biden isn’t 100% at fault but he’s not 100% innocent either.

the fed also waited way too long to hike rates. they absolutely blew it.

and even if Biden was innocent, it happened on his watch, as the subprime mortgage crisis blew up on bush’s watch, and we all know you blamed bush even though he didn’t do anything to cause it.

trump didn’t cause covid, but it happened on his watch so he paid a price.

that may not be fair, but it’s the way it is, and it happens to democrats and republicans

a shellacking is coming unless something drastic happens,, and it may well happen. if the election were today, the gop retakes the house by a big margin .

talking about sexual lifestyle choices to 5 year olds, is not what the democrats need right now. they’re just not reacting to peoples needs, they’re to obsessed with liberal ideology.

they can save themselves, but not by making the borders more wide open, ignoring crime, and blaming putin for inflation. americans remember prices soaring long before russia invaded ukraine. americans know they’re being lied to all day by biden and the media.
Old 04-13-2022, 06:56 AM   #20
Jim in CT

wayne, how about listing some issues in which you agree with the right?

you call me a zealot. aren’t you the zealot, since there’s not a single, solitary issue on which you agree with republicans?

my posts go both ways. every single poet you’ve ever made, comes from the same
exact political
direction.
Old 04-13-2022, 09:40 AM   #21
wdmso

Quote:
wayne, how about listing some issues in which you agree with the right?

you call me a zealot. aren’t you the zealot, since there’s not a single, solitary issue on which you agree with republicans?

my posts go both ways. every single poet you’ve ever made, comes from the same
exact political
direction.
Jim if you didn't post nonsense i wouldn't need to post .. current nonsense talking about sexual lifestyle choices to 5 year olds, is not what the democrats need right now its only happening in your head

Andny moderate republicans are considered Rinos by those in charge of your party ..

America 1st is a campaign slogan they dont care about Americans
Old 04-13-2022, 10:00 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim if you didn't post nonsense i wouldn't need to post .. current nonsense talking about sexual lifestyle choices to 5 year olds, is not what the democrats need right now its only happening in your head

Andny moderate republicans are considered Rinos by those in charge of your party ..

America 1st is a campaign slogan they dont care about Americans
"current nonsense talking about sexual lifestyle choices to 5 year olds, is not what the democrats need right now its only happening in your head "

OK, you say I'm fabricating the notion that these conversations are happening in public elementary schools?

NJ public schools requiring 2nd graders to learn about sexual identity (7 year-olds):

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...arming-parents

Washington and Oregon discuss sexual expression to 5 year-olds in kindergarten:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/was...express-gender

Maryland instructing kindergarten teachers to discuss sexual identity:

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/...indergarteners

Look, if a majority of citizens want this stuff taught to these kids, then it should happen. That's how democracy works. But I don't think many people think it's a good idea, and for sure no one wants any resources wasted on it right now, when violent crime is surging (or is that all in my head too?).

"Andny moderate republicans are considered Rinos by those in charge of your party .."

Trump was a moderate Republican. He championed criminal justice reform, which the left has been begging for, for decades. I hated that he did that, I don't think high-level drug dealers should be treated as non violent criminals. He also created a pilot program for creating economic opportunity zones in some urban areas, that's more of a traditional liberal idea...

One thing that GOP leaders no longer want are republicans who think we should intervene in every single global conflict. Liz Cheney i sin that camp. I wouldn't call her a RINO, but she's what you'd call a neocon I guess. Those have been pushed aside by Trump, and in my opinion that's a good thing.

"America 1st is a campaign slogan they dont care about Americans"

That's more nonsensical than anything I've veer posted here. Why do so many Republicans donate money and time to charity if they don't care about Americans?
Old 04-13-2022, 02:14 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim if you didn't post nonsense i wouldn't need to post .. current nonsense talking about sexual lifestyle choices to 5 year olds, is not what the democrats need right now its only happening in your head :
You say it's only happening in my head.

I post links showing it's happening in at least 4 states.

No response from you.

Tells us everything we need to know.