Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-05-2022, 09:19 AM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Meanwhile in Tennessee

Tennessee Republicans are advancing a bill that creates a separate, privileged class of marriage for heterosexual couples, acting as a loophole to the Supreme Court’s legalization of gay marriage. The bill would also legalize child marriage by eliminating age requirements.
Because you’re not molesting a 10 year old if you’re married
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-05-2022, 09:25 AM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i’m aware maher hates republicans and foxnews. that doesn’t mean he’s wrong, when he attacks the left for burying a story i. order to help biden get elected.

a lot of reliable liberals are scared for november. are you going to claim you aren’t aware of that?

chuck todd is losing his marbles over what he sees coming.
Nate Silver just reported that Democrats are INCHES away from expanding their Senate majority from coast to coast.
--WINNING by 1 in Ohio
-- WINNING by 4 in Wisconsin
-- WINNING by 7 in New Hampshire
-- WINNING by 9 in Arizona

WINNING by 9 in the ultimate swing state of Pennsylvania

The Republican vote against $35 insulin gifted Dems a brilliant campaign message: What medical necessity will R's put out of reach next?

Sunsetting Social Security and Medicare?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-05-2022, 11:08 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Nate Silver just reported that Democrats are INCHES away from expanding their Senate majority from coast to coast.
--WINNING by 1 in Ohio
-- WINNING by 4 in Wisconsin
-- WINNING by 7 in New Hampshire
-- WINNING by 9 in Arizona

WINNING by 9 in the ultimate swing state of Pennsylvania

The Republican vote against $35 insulin gifted Dems a brilliant campaign message: What medical necessity will R's put out of reach next?

Sunsetting Social Security and Medicare?
yup, a blue wave is on the way for sure!!! all signs point to it.

i don’t see huge gop gains in the senate. it’s not a favorable rotation for the gop. way more republicans up.

what did silver say about the house? you forgot to mention that for some reason.
Old 04-05-2022, 11:10 AM   #34
Jim in CT

funny, back on march 2 Silvwr predicted the gop would take the senate.

https://emorywheel.com/fivethirtyeig...t-emory-event/
Old 04-05-2022, 11:13 AM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

Why is the “everyone who disagrees with me is a pedophile” message working better there?
Or does the base think they’ll be all set with child marriages?
Old 04-05-2022, 11:16 AM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
funny, back on march 2 Silvwr predicted the gop would take the senate.

https://emorywheel.com/fivethirtyeig...t-emory-event/
Things change when you say things like
Captain Venmo Matt Gaetz voted against capping insulin prices for people who have diabetes b/c he believes, “people should just lose weight."

Once again, MAGA proves they don't understand SCIENCE & must be the loudest & most ignorant in the room.

But the base loves it

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-05-2022, 11:27 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Meanwhile in Tennessee

Tennessee Republicans are advancing a bill that creates a separate, privileged class of marriage for heterosexual couples, acting as a loophole to the Supreme Court’s legalization of gay marriage. The bill would also legalize child marriage by eliminating age requirements.
Because you’re not molesting a 10 year old if you’re married
meanwhile in Palm Springs, they want to give $900 a month to anyone who identifies as gay, trans, non binary etc…

is that discriminatory pete?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...nder-residents
Old 04-05-2022, 11:57 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
meanwhile in Palm Springs, they want to give $900 a month to anyone who identifies as gay, trans, non binary etc…

is that discriminatory pete?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...nder-residents
Feel free to file suit if you feel discriminated against or are you worried that 200K budget won’t cover you?

Or is this your kind of guy?

Robert Foster, a Mississippi Republican businessman who ran for governor in 2019, says he wants supporters of transgender rights "to be lined up against (a) wall before a firing squad to be sent to an early judgment."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-05-2022, 12:15 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Feel free to file suit if you feel discriminated against or are you worried that 200K budget won’t cover you?

Or is this your kind of guy?

Robert Foster, a Mississippi Republican businessman who ran for governor in 2019, says he wants supporters of transgender rights "to be lined up against (a) wall before a firing squad to be sent to an early judgment."
Then you can also feel free to sue TN for what they're doing.

Why is it valid for you to complain about discrimination based on sexual orientation, but not me? I'm curious.
Old 04-05-2022, 01:20 PM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

Now you’re equating liberals 200K in spending with Republicans in Tennessee legalizing pedophilia
Okay, it’s pretty obvious where you’re at
Old 04-05-2022, 01:38 PM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
Now you’re equating liberals 200K in spending with Republicans in Tennessee legalizing pedophilia
Okay, it’s pretty obvious where you’re at
Nope. You also complained about this...

"Tennessee Republicans are advancing a bill that creates a separate, privileged class of marriage for heterosexual couples,"

You complained that the GOP was discriminating against gays on the basis of sexual orientation.

I complained that CA is discriminating against heterosexuals on the basis of sexual orientation, and you won't comment on it.

"it’s pretty obvious where you’re at"

It's more obvious where you're "at", and it's a sad place where you deny and pathologically lie about every single little thing that doesn't favor the left.

You can't even be honest about what you posted a couple of hours ago.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:19 PM   #42
PaulS

Quote:

obama’s IRS was targeting conservatives when he was potus.

That is a not a complete or totally true statement. The IRS unit that reviews 501(c)(4) applications had been using the names of organizations as an initial filter to try to decide who was likely to be involved in inappropriate political activity. The IRS had flagged not just political sounding names but names that signaled a conservative orientation, including tea party, patriot, 9/12, etc. And that is what the Rs ran with. What was ignored is that the unit was also looking for words like occupy, progressive, etc.

The IRS used political sounding names but it did not do so on a partisan basis. And then they stopped using those search terms. There was later a report from the inspector general which said there was no political bias from the IRS but the gov apologized for using the search terms.

Obama had zero part in anything.
Old 04-05-2022, 03:02 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
That is a not a complete or totally true statement. The IRS unit that reviews 501(c)(4) applications had been using the names of organizations as an initial filter to try to decide who was likely to be involved in inappropriate political activity. The IRS had flagged not just political sounding names but names that signaled a conservative orientation, including tea party, patriot, 9/12, etc. And that is what the Rs ran with. What was ignored is that the unit was also looking for words like occupy, progressive, etc.

The IRS used political sounding names but it did not do so on a partisan basis. And then they stopped using those search terms. There was later a report from the inspector general which said there was no political bias from the IRS but the gov apologized for using the search terms.

Obama had zero part in anything.
in which “inappropriate political activity”, means conservative activity.

no evidence whatsoever obama played a direct role. i didn’t say that he did. but why do you suppose those people at the IRS felt, that at a time when obama
was potus, it was a good idea to target conservatives?

when you’re an executive, the people who work for you, are an extension of your policy.

is there any evidence that progressive groups got unfavorable treatment from the IRS, just for being progressive? i didn’t hear about any.

the point was whether or not conservatives are ever unfairly targeted for being conservative. that was one example. Brett Kavanaugh would be another pretty solid example.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-05-2022 at 03:09 PM..
Old 04-05-2022, 03:33 PM   #44
PaulS

Quote:
in which “inappropriate political activity”, means conservative activity.wrong. they looked at both

no evidence whatsoever obama played a direct role. i didn’t say that he did. but why do you suppose those people at the IRS felt, that at a time when obama
was potus, it was a good idea to target conservatives? but they didn't "target conservatives"

when you’re an executive, the people who work for you, are an extension of your policy.

is there any evidence that progressive groups got unfavorable treatment from the IRS, just for being progressive? i didn’t hear about any.They did. There were more conserv. leaning org. filing though.

the point was whether or not conservatives are ever unfairly targeted for being conservative. that was one example. Brett Kavanaugh would be another pretty solid example.
But they weren't being unfairly targeted any more or less than liberal ones.

The problem was that the IRS was starved for $ and took shortcuts bc of staffing/$ issues
Old 04-06-2022, 04:10 AM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Nope. You also complained about this...

"Tennessee Republicans are advancing a bill that creates a separate, privileged class of marriage for heterosexual couples,"

You complained that the GOP was discriminating against gays on the basis of sexual orientation.

I complained that CA is discriminating against heterosexuals on the basis of sexual orientation, and you won't comment on it.

"it’s pretty obvious where you’re at"

It's more obvious where you're "at", and it's a sad place where you deny and pathologically lie about every single little thing that doesn't favor the left.

You can't even be honest about what you posted a couple of hours ago.
I was told Roe was settled law. Now it’s pretty clear Roe is gone. I was told that LGBTQ rights were settled law, now I see Republicans attacking them ferociously. It’s hard not to see where this is going.

Busy day for the GQP:

- 63 Republicans vote no to supporting NATO
- TN GOP proposes “Marry Little Kids” bill
- Tom Cotton calls Ketanji Brown Jackson a Nazi
- OH pushes Don’t Say Gay/Race bill
- GOP to host CPAC with Orban in Hungary
- Oklahoma GOP passes total abortion ban

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-06-2022, 05:18 AM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
I was told Roe was settled law. Now it’s pretty clear Roe is gone. I was told that LGBTQ rights were settled law, now I see Republicans attacking them ferociously. It’s hard not to see where this is going.

Busy day for the GQP:

- 63 Republicans vote no to supporting NATO
- TN GOP proposes “Marry Little Kids” bill
- Tom Cotton calls Ketanji Brown Jackson a Nazi
- OH pushes Don’t Say Gay/Race bill
- GOP to host CPAC with Orban in Hungary
- Oklahoma GOP passes total abortion ban
there was a time ( thanks to democrats) hat slavery was settled law. There was a time ( also thanks to democrats) that segregation was settled law. There was a time when prohibition was settled law. There was a time when gay marriage prohibition was settled law.

from where do you get the idea, that laws can never be overturned?

roe isn’t even close to gone. and even if it were, that just means states get to decide. liberal states will always allow abortion, so the worst case scenario is that women in red states need to go to a blue state. that’s the worst it can ever get. and we’re nowhere near that today.

And Cotton did not come close to calling her a nazi. check your facts, liar.
Old 04-06-2022, 06:17 AM   #47
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
there was a time ( thanks to democrats) hat slavery was settled law. There was a time ( also thanks to democrats) that segregation was settled law. There was a time when prohibition was settled law. There was a time when gay marriage prohibition was settled law.

from where do you get the idea, that laws can never be overturned?

roe isn’t even close to gone. and even if it were, that just means states get to decide. liberal states will always allow abortion, so the worst case scenario is that women in red states need to go to a blue state. that’s the worst it can ever get. and we’re nowhere near that today.

And Cotton did not come close to calling her a nazi. check your facts, liar.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-06-2022, 06:28 AM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
i am aware of the clip. saying a lawyer would defend nazis, isn’t the same thing as saying she’s a nazi. it’s not even close.

pete, is every lawyer who has ever defended a murderer, also a murderer? is the lawyer a murderer?

Its hard to tell if you’re kidding, lying, stupid, or crazy. but it’s one of those.

lawyers defend people all
day, every day. that doesn’t mean the lawyers “are” what they defend.
Old 04-06-2022, 06:30 AM   #49
Jim in CT

and pete, OK didn’t vote on a total abortion ban. it voted on a ban of abortions that weren’t necessary to save a pregnant woman in an emergency. it voted to ban voluntary abortions.

What’s the longest you can go without lying? you’re a lot like trump
in this regard.

you’re totally unhinged.
Old 04-06-2022, 07:03 AM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
and pete, OK didn’t vote on a total abortion ban. it voted on a ban of abortions that weren’t necessary to save a pregnant woman in an emergency. it voted to ban voluntary abortions.

What’s the longest you can go without lying? you’re a lot like trump
in this regard.

you’re totally unhinged.
Not rape or incest, how else would you get more Okies

The bill would criminalise performing an abortion in almost all cases, except where it could "save the life of a pregnant woman in a medical emergency".

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-06-2022, 07:19 AM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Not rape or incest, how else would you get more Okies

The bill would criminalise performing an abortion in almost all cases, except where it could "save the life of a pregnant woman in a medical emergency".
you said it was a total ban. you lied.

you said Cotton called the judge a Nazi. you lied. to support your claim, you posted a video where Cotton didn’t call her a Nazi.

off to a good start today.

as to rape/incest. if you believe that the baby is a human being at conception, then the circumstances surrounding the conception don’t change the status of the baby. i’m not saying i agree with that, but it’s a consistent principle.

Old 04-06-2022, 10:39 AM   #52
wdmso

Quote:

you said Cotton called the judge a Nazi. you lied. to support your claim, you posted a video where Cotton didn’t call her a Nazi.

as to rape/incest. if you believe that the baby is a human being at conception, then the circumstances surrounding the conception don’t change the status of the baby. i’m not saying i agree with that, but it’s a consistent principle.

Can’t compete with Jim’s logic

Tom Cotton Says Jackson Has 'Interest in Helping Terrorists,' Such as Nazis

So what was his meaning ? She’s a Nazi Sympathizer

Yet Jim claimed Jackson just by defending people as a lawyer. Agrees with them

And I love we’ll there an exception for the life of the mother so there’s not a total ban

Like I said disingenuous
Old 04-06-2022, 11:26 AM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

You think that anyone would risk the exposure to a felony charge?
That these political laws currently being proposed by Trumplicans are designed to do any less than that?

Senator Tom Cotton says Ketanji Brown Jackson would defend Nazis.

Nonsense. Why would she ever want to defend him?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-06-2022, 12:04 PM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Can’t compete with Jim’s logic

Tom Cotton Says Jackson Has 'Interest in Helping Terrorists,' Such as Nazis

So what was his meaning ? She’s a Nazi Sympathizer

Yet Jim claimed Jackson just by defending people as a lawyer. Agrees with them

And I love we’ll there an exception for the life of the mother so there’s not a total ban

Like I said disingenuous
Cotton said she might defend them
as a lawyer. lawyers defend bad people all the time.

you’re lying too. sign of desperation because even you sense what’s coming.

if the ban still allows for abortion, please explain how it’s a total ban.

it’s impossible having an adult conversation with you.

a total ban, means no abortions whatsoever.

i called it exactly what it was, a ban on abortions except in cases where the moms life was in danger

pete lied and called it a total ban

but i’m being disingenuous.

gotcha.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:00 PM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim, you’re projecting again.
Pretty typical for a Trumplican

As Republicans accuse others of being “groomers,” new details are surfacing about Congressman John Rose (R-TN), who met his now-wife in his 40s while she was an underage teenager. He paid her with a scholarship that she says “made everything possible” and then married her.

Well within the norm…..
Old 04-06-2022, 01:06 PM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim, you’re projecting again.
Pretty typical for a Trumplican

As Republicans accuse others of being “groomers,” new details are surfacing about Congressman John Rose (R-TN), who met his now-wife in his 40s while she was an underage teenager. He paid her with a scholarship that she says “made everything possible” and then married her.

Well within the norm…..
what did i project, exactly?

you lied about the OK bill. And you lied about what Senator Cotton said.

yes, every single republican is a pervert

Pete, any 12 year old
knows that the only reason you distort republican behavior so crazily, is that you are terrified at the thought of having an honest and accurate discussion of what each side believes and does. you know you can’t win an honest discussion, so you frame it by painting both sides in an absurd extreme fashion- liberals are saints who walk on water, republicans are monsters who can’t do a single thing well. There are no facts to support that, but you so desperately want us to believe it

NO ONE who is secure and comfortable in their beliefs, needs to demonize everyone who disagrees with them on anything, the way you do

It’s clearly, obviously, a defense
mechanism.

Bitch slapped.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-06-2022 at 01:12 PM..
Old 04-06-2022, 02:31 PM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
What Cotton was ticked off about, was her volunteering on multiple occasions to defend the Guantanimo Bay terrorists, and accuse the US soldiers of war crimes. She sought these cases out. I didn't know that before. It's not much of a leap to say that if you'd defend murdering terrorists, you MIGHT (Cotton said "might", which you conveniently left out) defend Nazis.

Does saying we're the bad guys and the terrorists are the real victims, mean she shouldn't be on SCOTUS? Maybe. Unlike you, I have no problem calling out jerk son my side. I have no huge issue with Cotton despising this woman based on that.

She's a radical liberal. That doesn't mean she'd be incapable of setting her personal beliefs aside and decide cases based just on the law, but radicals are risky to give a lifetime appointment to.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:44 PM   #58
spence

Quote:
What Cotton was ticked off about, was her volunteering on multiple occasions to defend the Guantanimo Bay terrorists, and accuse the US soldiers of war crimes. She sought these cases out. I didn't know that before.
Probably because it’s not true.
Old 04-06-2022, 06:42 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
funny the reporter he said that to, didn’t tell him he was wrong.
Old 04-06-2022, 07:16 PM   #60
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He thinks she’s a radical liberal he loves using radicalized terms of the far right

And he thinks public defender’s volunteer

Her brother was an US Army infantry man in Iraq. At the same Time

Ps US soldiers did comment war crimes. Trump pardoned them