Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-07-2022, 05:19 AM   #121
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Semen is not a human being.
Nor is a fetus
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-07-2022, 06:46 AM   #122
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Semen is not a human being.
just ignore him. it’s not worth engaging someone that deranged.
Old 05-07-2022, 07:06 AM   #123
wdmso

Texas governor says the state may contest a Supreme Court ruling on migrant education

Seem Abbot and other conservatives have heard the new song coming from the Supreme Court

You've got a friend in me ! And are going to flood the courts with their wish lists
Old 05-07-2022, 07:32 AM   #124
wdmso

Tennessee Gov. Lee Signs Law Restricting Abortion Pill Mail Delivery

Yet Tennessee does not require a license or permit to own or purchase a gun and does not require owners to register firearms.
Old 05-07-2022, 07:57 AM   #125
wdmso

Republicans put out a memo to their senators advising them on how to respond.

It says, in part, according to Axios, which obtained the memo:

"Expose the Democrats for the extreme views they hold. Joe Biden and the Democrats have extreme and radical views on abortion that are outside of the mainstream of most Americans."
I am guessing the radical view is allowing abortion at all.

Republicans hard at work lying
Old 05-07-2022, 08:23 AM   #126
Pete F.
Canceled

It has always been striking that the states most committed to ending abortion tend to invest the least in caring for expectant mothers and children after they are born.
Because it’s about control
Old 05-07-2022, 08:40 AM   #127
Pete F.
Canceled

As usual if you look into anything supported by the Republican Party you find it’s related to money
The shortage in the “domestic supply of infants” that Alito referred to prevents further growth in the billion plus private adoption industry.
White babies sell for more, so let’s get those uterus’s working
Old 05-07-2022, 09:20 AM   #128
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Republicans put out a memo to their senators advising them on how to respond.

It says, in part, according to Axios, which obtained the memo:

"Expose the Democrats for the extreme views they hold. Joe Biden and the Democrats have extreme and radical views on abortion that are outside of the mainstream of most Americans."
I am guessing the radical view is allowing abortion at all.

Republicans hard at work lying
wrong.

the radical view, is abortion late in pregnancy. americans don’t like that.

you’re correct that there’s not a big appetite to ban abortion. But most americans want some restrictions. Not die hard liberals though.

those are facts. Americans don’t want abortion banned, but they don’t want it unlimited, either

You posted a photo showing countries that ban abortion ( which is never going to happen here, and you failed to mention that naturally).

Dan Crenshaw posted a graphic yesterday, i have no idea if it’s correct, but it was a list of countries that allow elective late term abortions.

US
China
North Korea.

Now, you LOVE finding examples of individual republicans behaving horribly, and claiming all republicans are responsible for their actions. You constantly do that.

Will you apply that logic here? If you judge republicans by the company they keep, will you judge democrats the same way?
Old 05-07-2022, 10:13 AM   #129
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
wrong.

the radical view, is abortion late in pregnancy. americans don’t like that.

you’re correct that there’s not a big appetite to ban abortion. But most americans want some restrictions. Not die hard liberals though.

those are facts. Americans don’t want abortion banned, but they don’t want it unlimited, either

You posted a photo showing countries that ban abortion ( which is never going to happen here, and you failed to mention that naturally).

Dan Crenshaw posted a graphic yesterday, i have no idea if it’s correct, but it was a list of countries that allow elective late term abortions.

US
China
North Korea.

Now, you LOVE finding examples of individual republicans behaving horribly, and claiming all republicans are responsible for their actions. You constantly do that.

Will you apply that logic here? If you judge republicans by the company they keep, will you judge democrats the same way?

Keep making things up Jim it shows how committed you are to being a conservative

Late term for conservatives is 30 seconds after sex

Abortions late in pregnancy are rare but but conservatives what you to think otherwise.. shocking

Again facts aren’t your friend

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 1.3 percent of abortions were performed at or greater than 21 weeks of gestation in 2015. In contrast, 91.1 percent were performed at or before 13 weeks and 7.6 percent at 14 to 20 weeks.

But keep moving the goal posts

Last edited by wdmso; 05-07-2022 at 10:19 AM..
Old 05-07-2022, 10:49 AM   #130
Jim in CT

Quote:
Keep making things up Jim it shows how committed you are to being a conservative

Late term for conservatives is 30 seconds after sex

Abortions late in pregnancy are rare but but conservatives what you to think otherwise.. shocking

Again facts aren’t your friend

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 1.3 percent of abortions were performed at or greater than 21 weeks of gestation in 2015. In contrast, 91.1 percent were performed at or before 13 weeks and 7.6 percent at 14 to 20 weeks.

But keep moving the goal posts

what did i make up?

i never said late term abortions were common. i said liberals want them, and most americans don’t. i’m correct.

abortions after rape are also rare, but the left never stops talking about that.

Old 05-07-2022, 02:30 PM   #131
wdmso

Quote:
what did i make up?

i never said late term abortions were common. i said liberals want them, and most americans don’t. i’m correct.

abortions after rape are also rare, but the left never stops talking about that.

Most Americans are liberals Jim and not trying to control a person private life
Old 05-07-2022, 03:31 PM   #132
Jim in CT

Quote:
most people you know are liberals. most americans are in the center. and most americans don’t like
late term abortions

liberals want to control people
as much as conservatives, that’s what you’re saying?

high taxes, more laws, mask mandates, vaccine mandates, take more of my money, etc.
Old 05-07-2022, 04:54 PM   #133
wdmso

Quote:
most people you know are liberals. most americans are in the center. and most americans don’t like
late term abortions

liberals want to control people
as much as conservatives, that’s what you’re saying?

high taxes, more laws, mask mandates, vaccine mandates, take more of my money, etc.

Spoke like a true believer

The center is liberal in your mind and the minds of the the current GOP and the uninformed MAGA universe
Old 05-07-2022, 05:18 PM   #134
Jim in CT

Quote:
Spoke like a true believer

The center is liberal in your mind and the minds of the the current GOP and the uninformed MAGA universe
i said most americans are in the center, then you say i think the center is liberal. so you’re saying i think most americans are liberal.

and that’s kooky gibberish. you’re desperate.
Old 05-07-2022, 07:04 PM   #135
Pete F.
Canceled

When a Supreme Court Justice writes that abortion should be outlawed for the purpose of generating an increased “domestic supply of infants” to meet needs of parents seeking infants to adopt, we aren’t exaggerating by stating that they want you to be brood mares for the state.
Old 05-08-2022, 07:07 AM   #136
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
When a Supreme Court Justice writes that abortion should be outlawed for the purpose of generating an increased “domestic supply of infants” to meet needs of parents seeking infants to adopt, we aren’t exaggerating by stating that they want you to be brood mares for the state.
Americans travel to China and Russia to adopt kids and have been for decades

People don’t want addicted babies when abortion was legal ! you think parents are going to want them now from women were forced to carry the baby to term . Will little to no Prenatal Care…

Oh I forgot since Amy adopted everyone should adopt , and l seriously doubt Abortion is the reason it’s hard to adopt children in the US . Or there are no children see below

While technically no longer referred to as orphans, The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption pegs the number of children in U.S. foster care at a staggering 443,000, more than 123,000 of whom are considered to be waiting children available for adoption.

According to a report from the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation, “Children adopted privately from the U.S. are most likely to be white (50 percent); those adopted internationally are least likely to be white (19 percent). The majority of children adopted internationally are Asian (59 percent).”

I’ve said it before this is religious ruling not based on sound legal reasoning it’s just written to sound like one .. now the right loves activist judges
Old 05-08-2022, 07:22 AM   #137
Jim in CT

Quote:
Americans travel to China and Russia to adopt kids and have been for decades

People don’t want addicted babies when abortion was legal ! you think parents are going to want them now from women were forced to carry the baby to term . Will little to no Prenatal Care…

Oh I forgot since Amy adopted everyone should adopt , and l seriously doubt Abortion is the reason it’s hard to adopt children in the US . Or there are no children see below

While technically no longer referred to as orphans, The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption pegs the number of children in U.S. foster care at a staggering 443,000, more than 123,000 of whom are considered to be waiting children available for adoption.

According to a report from the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation, “Children adopted privately from the U.S. are most likely to be white (50 percent); those adopted internationally are least likely to be white (19 percent). The majority of children adopted internationally are Asian (59 percent).”

I’ve said it before this is religious ruling not based on sound legal reasoning it’s just written to sound like one .. now the right loves activist judges

you’re saying that the reason americans go overseas to adopt, ISN’T because there aren’t enough babies here. It’s because the babies here, are “addicted” and are therefore of lower quality than babies that can be gotten elsewhere?

You will say anything?regardless of how made up it is, to advocate for liberalism.

There’s a years-long waiting list to adopt babies here. And there no large number of babies that go into orphanages or foster.

babies get adopted.

You don’t know anyone who has tried to adopt a baby, who you can ask, who can tell you how wrong you are?

You’re also obviously saying that women who have abortions are all irresponsible drug addicts who are such deadbeats that they can’t prevent their babies from being born addicted. You’re casting people
who get abortion, in a very very negative light. Your pals in the left wouldn’t care for that characterization.

“Americans only go overseas to adopt, because the quality of babies is superior to what’s available here.”

Congratulations, that’s really brilliant.

And if more babies are born here that need some help, i’ll gladly pay higher taxes to give them what they need.

dave thomas data is probably correct, there are a huge number of KIDS in foster care desperate to be adopted. But they aren’t babies. They are older children.

Older children, sadly, have a hard time getting adopted. Babies do not. those kids in foster care didn’t enter foster care as babies and stay there for years if they were available for adoption.

you say this was a religious decision. Prove it. I’ve asked you 5 times to tell us where in the draft opinion, Alito was wrong on the law?

Just because you don’t like the decision, doesn’t mean it was incorrectly decided based in the law.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-08-2022 at 08:01 AM..
Old 05-08-2022, 05:22 PM   #138
wdmso

Jim all but one of the 4 people I know who adopted babies went to China or Russia and all are white working class .. I also know one who’s a nurse and adopts Aka crack babies she has foster cared for

And they couldn’t afford a baby period . In the USA

you say this was a religious decision. Prove it

So now Jim you are a believer in evidence ? It’s odd you supported the questioning and the election laws being changed .. said it was a good thing

Based solely on Trumps lies and peoples lack of Trust in Voting Aka manufactured by the GOP and promoted via the minority .

So now people question the rational of the overturning of Roe . And how religious feelings seem to supersede 50 years of it being law , only since the newest 3 justices got on stage ,while the Majority of Americans feel the right to an abortion should remain ..

Your response is prove it because you agree with the ruling, is the same reason you supported the voter law changes! because you agreed with the rational not the evidence ..

The tyranny of the minority y

Old 05-08-2022, 06:53 PM   #139
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim all but one of the 4 people I know who adopted babies went to China or Russia and all are white working class .. I also know one who’s a nurse and adopts Aka crack babies she has foster cared for

And they couldn’t afford a baby period . In the USA

you say this was a religious decision. Prove it

So now Jim you are a believer in evidence ? It’s odd you supported the questioning and the election laws being changed .. said it was a good thing

Based solely on Trumps lies and peoples lack of Trust in Voting Aka manufactured by the GOP and promoted via the minority .

So now people question the rational of the overturning of Roe . And how religious feelings seem to supersede 50 years of it being law , only since the newest 3 justices got on stage ,while the Majority of Americans feel the right to an abortion should remain ..

Your response is prove it because you agree with the ruling, is the same reason you supported the voter law changes! because you agreed with the rational not the evidence ..

The tyranny of the minority y

ok first you said babies in the usa didn’t get adopted because they were defective. Now you’re saying babes don’t get adopted in the usa because they’re too expensive.

which is it?

it’s very difficult to get a baby here. There are t enough of them. Maybe less abortions helps with that.

you’re correct they’re expensive. But there’s still a long waiting list for babies.

the demand for babies far outweighs the supply. that’s why people go offshore, which is also stupidly expensive.

you keep
saying the decision to reverse is wrong, or based on religion instead of the law. but you ofer zilch for support.

i’ve asked at least 5 times for you to back up your accusations. you got nothing.

Ruth bader ginsburg has said the scotus handles Roe incorrectly, that they went too far.

We get you don’t like it. But unfortunately for you, your wishes aren’t a basis for SCOTUS to make rulings, only the constitution.

what’s the minority doing? it’s going to the states, where we all get to decide. that’s the definition of a democratic republic.

9 unelected lawyers making huge decisions, that’s the tyranny of the minority.

Old 05-08-2022, 07:51 PM   #140
Jim in CT

MSNBC host argues for
abortion, because adoption “not always a safe route for black and brown babies.”

that’s what she said. is abortion a safer route for them?

Brilliant.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbcs...n-black-babies
Old 05-08-2022, 08:31 PM   #141
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
ARE YOU #^&#^&#^&#^&ING SERIOUS,
“LIBERALS ARE NOT TRYING TO CONTROL A PERSONS LIFE”. ??????

THOSE COCKSUCKERS LOCKED DOWN THE COUNTRY THE LAST 2 YEARS WITH A BULL#^&#^&#^&#^& VIRUS, PUT THOUSANDS OF RESTAURANTS & OTHER BUSINESSES OUT OF BUSINESS IN THE PROCESS, MANDATED USELESS #^&#^&#^&#^&ING MASKS, MANDATING USELESS VACCINES & BOOSTER SHOTS & FIRED THOUSANDS OF NURSES, POLICE & FIREMEN IF THE DIDNT GET THE SHOT
YA…. LIBERALS ARE NOT TRYING TO CONTROL A PERSONS LIFE
ITS A #^&#^&#^&#^&ING SHAME YOUR MOTHER WASNT AS BIG A SUPPORTER OF ABORTIONS AS YOU APPEAR TO BE.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 05-08-2022, 08:57 PM   #142
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Old 05-08-2022, 09:02 PM   #143
Pete F.
Canceled

A million Americans died from what you call bull#^&#^&#^&#^&
That’s one out of every 330
The biggest killer of cops and firemen in history is Covid
In South Florida in particular, 33 law enforcement officers have lost their lives in the line of duty during the past 2 years. Three were killed by gunfire, one died in a car crash, one died due to an injury, and 28 died from COVID-19.
Old 05-08-2022, 09:21 PM   #144
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
A million Americans died from what you call bull#^&#^&#^&#^&
That’s one out of every 330
The biggest killer of cops and firemen in history is Covid
In South Florida in particular, 33 law enforcement officers have lost their lives in the line of duty during the past 2 years. Three were killed by gunfire, one died in a car crash, one died due to an injury, and 28 died from COVID-19.

You go on & keep believing all that.
Millions as you say died from Covid.
Year in year out….. how many die from the flu ???
All of a sudden everyone dies of Covid but none of the flu ?

I’ll bet you get a hard on every time you pull into a gas station & pay $4-$5 for a gallon of gas or $6+ for diesel

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 05-08-2022, 09:25 PM   #145
detbuch

Quote:
Nor is a fetus
For the past two years, we have been told that we must follow the science. Much of the discussion about whether a fetus is a human being is not purely scientific. The following is a brief "biological" synopsis of when a human being starts becoming a human being.

A fetus does not all of a sudden become a human being only after it leaves its mother's body. A human being does not start becoming human or a "being" only after it is pulled from the mother's body. A human being doesn't switch from being non-human to being human only after it is no longer in the womb.

A human being starts becoming human at fertilization in a woman's fallopian tube creating a zygote.

The zygote is a biological "being." It is human by virtue of its human DNA--the same DNA that the "born" baby and developing adult that derives from a zygote will have for its entire life. (Not the same genetic code as the mother, but a unique DNA).

The zygote is an organism of the human species (Homo Sapiens). It is a human organism. It is alive--a living human organism. An organism is a "being." The zygote is therefor a living human being. It is the same organism as the grown adult, but at an earlier stage of life.

The next step in the stages of human life is the zygote developing into an embryo. The next is the embryo becoming a fetus. The next stage, as we all know, is being "born"--detached from the mother's body--a baby with the same distinct DNA as the zygote which was the first stage of its existence as a human being. A baby that is nearly exactly the same human organism that was in its mother's body before it was removed and "born."

From the "baby" stage, the human being keeps developing into childhood, adolescence, stages of adulthood until the mid twenties when the human body stops developing and begins a long path into senescence.

At no stage, other than DNA, does the human body remain exactly the same. It constantly changes from beginning to end. To claim that some midpoint time in a life is the point at which that life becomes human is not biologically scientific. It begins as a living human from conception (fertilization) and stays so until death.

Some biological (rather than philosophical, religious, ethicl, political) perspective articles:

https://secularprolife.org/2017/08/a...12fe0fdf4d5e51

https://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/a...7b2deb2f31c899

https://lozierinstitute.org/a-scient...n-life-begins/

https://www.mccl.org/post/2017/12/20...nborn-children

To be clear, I am not taking an absolute political, legal, or religious stand on abortion. But whatever arguments are made pro or con should at least consider whether a fetus is a human being, or not. A scientifically neutral definition can ground a basis for which legalities, moralities, values, ethics, philosophies can have at it.
Old 05-09-2022, 06:57 AM   #146
Pete F.
Canceled

Other than the religious, the other question is "when is it ok to impose involuntary servitude and dispense with any claim to bodily autonomy?"

The answer to that is essentially never. If the state can discard an individual's bodily autonomy, no other rights will survive.
No person though is entitled to another person's organs without their consent. Most parents give their lives to save their child. The government can't mandate you do so though. I'm not entitled to my genetic match's kidney even though I'll die without it.
A fetus, even if it was a human life, has no inherent right to live off the flesh of its parent. A parent may allow a fetus to live off its flesh, but the fetus doesn't have an inherent right to do so.
Old 05-09-2022, 07:26 AM   #147
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
ARE YOU #^&#^&#^&#^&ING SERIOUS,
“LIBERALS ARE NOT TRYING TO CONTROL A PERSONS LIFE”. ??????

THOSE COCKSUCKERS LOCKED DOWN THE COUNTRY THE LAST 2 YEARS WITH A BULL#^&#^&#^&#^& VIRUS, PUT THOUSANDS OF RESTAURANTS & OTHER BUSINESSES OUT OF BUSINESS IN THE PROCESS, MANDATED USELESS #^&#^&#^&#^&ING MASKS, MANDATING USELESS VACCINES & BOOSTER SHOTS & FIRED THOUSANDS OF NURSES, POLICE & FIREMEN IF THE DIDNT GET THE SHOT
YA…. LIBERALS ARE NOT TRYING TO CONTROL A PERSONS LIFE
ITS A #^&#^&#^&#^&ING SHAME YOUR MOTHER WASNT AS BIG A SUPPORTER OF ABORTIONS AS YOU APPEAR TO BE.

Need a tissue ? You sound like a Snowflake .. and of course other things ….
Old 05-09-2022, 07:29 AM   #148
Jim in CT

Quote:
Need a tissue ? You sound like a Snowflake .. and of course other things ….
it’s laughable to say that conservatives are the ones that want more government control. on some specific issues, yes. in general, obviously not.
Old 05-09-2022, 07:32 AM   #149
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
You go on & keep believing all that.
Millions as you say died from Covid.
Year in year out….. how many die from the flu ???
All of a sudden everyone dies of Covid but none of the flu ?

I’ll bet you get a hard on every time you pull into a gas station & pay $4-$5 for a gallon of gas or $6+ for diesel
53 thousand die from the flu years on avg in the US

And the global market sets oil and gas prices !

Wow you’re wicked smart and so well informed….
Old 05-09-2022, 07:33 AM   #150
wdmso

Quote:
it’s laughable to say that conservatives are the ones that want more government control. on some specific issues, yes. in general, obviously not.

Yes Jim seems the things they want to control tend to involve individual freedoms and not to expand them but to limit them .. unless it’s a gun

And all those nurse firemen and police who didn’t get the shot . And I know a few they had a choice the same choice you find acceptable with women who want an abortion

MOVE to a state that allows it ..