Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-04-2015, 12:03 PM   #91
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He just said today it could be. You're just looking for gripes.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You bet I am! Any red blooded American should be with what's going on with
our people being killed and terrorized and having a CIC who seems to care more about his legacy
than the thousands of our American people who have been killed
and are being killed by terrorists.

He hesitates and almost chokes before he can even say the word terror.
Meantime instead of planning a strategy he's off in France facing the MOST
IMPORTANT,issue, Global Warming. Holy Moses, cut me one break from the clouds youguys float on. Beyond all reason and reality.

Tell me why you and the rest of the Libs aren't ticked and griping too ????

" Choose Life "
Old 12-04-2015, 01:26 PM   #92
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Is this confirmed ?
It is reported that just before she left for the massacre, she made an online post stating her committment to ISIS.

And Obama, you gotta give him credit, concedes that it just migt be connected to Islamic jihad!

Atta boy, Columbo! Where did we find Obama anyway, Scotland Yard?

This pair killed 14 people in the office where the husband worked, killed some of the same people that threw him a baby shower recently. And they abandoned their 6 month old baby to that cause. You can't make stuff like this up, I dare you to try.

We don't win this by being nice. That's not how we beat the Japanese in WWII, and that's not how we're going to win this. If we don't bring these people to their knees pretty soon, one of them will get their hands on something at least as powerful as a dirty bomb.

They only have to get lucky once.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #93
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
We don't win this by being nice. That's not how we beat the Japanese in WWII, and that's not how we're going to win this. If we don't bring these people to their knees pretty soon, one of them will get their hands on something at least as powerful as a dirty bomb.

They only have to get lucky once.
Great, and sounds good in theory. She should have raised some red flags, and maybe his travel should have as well. The problem is, if he was on the 'watch list' many in the GOP argued against restricting guns for people on the watch list b/c the list might be wrong... how do we get past that mindset.

He was an American, who bought guns legally. How do we stop that by not being nice?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-04-2015, 03:11 PM   #94
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
He was an American, who bought guns legally. How do we stop that by not being nice?
He nor she did not buy the guns.....some have said in the past kiss and hug an ISIS and give them a job......Well he had a job

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 12-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #95
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
He nor she did not buy the guns
I haven't followed the news today, how did they get the guns then?

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-04-2015, 03:19 PM   #96
Fly Rod

Another person legally bought them he is what U would call a straw....FBI has him under surveillance.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:22 PM   #97
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Another person legally bought them he is what U would call a straw....FBI has him under surveillance.
Surveillance? if he is a legit straw buyer his ass should be in jail....

Bryan

Old 12-04-2015, 03:34 PM   #98
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Great, and sounds good in theory. She should have raised some red flags, and maybe his travel should have as well. The problem is, if he was on the 'watch list' many in the GOP argued against restricting guns for people on the watch list b/c the list might be wrong... how do we get past that mindset.

It is insane that anyone on the watchlist can buy a gun. If we stop that, and we should, that barely slows them down. we have an open border with Mexico. There will never be a shortage of guns. Never, ever, ever.

I'm no expert, and there are no easy solutions. But if the last 8 years have shown us anything, it's that we will not stop them by softening up as Obama has done.

I thnk I'm at the point where I wish this religion went away. Yes, 99% of them might be great, but 1% of 2 billion people is 20 million. Unless the 99% start exerting a whole lot more influence on the 1%...i don't know. I don't like where my thoughts are going, but I've seen enough blood at the hands of these people to have exhausted my patience.

For starters, I'd go back to pouring water up the noses of people we know for certain are involved. I'd cut of every cent of aid to every country that's stabbing us in the back on this. I'd get the doctor who helped us get Bin Laden out of prison, bring him here, give him his $25M reward, then tell the whole world that if you help us, we will treat you like a friend.

We know where the ISIS strongholds are. If I was in charge, those would be gone, smoldering, the sand would be glass for Nebe to work with. Start doing that, cut off aid to these countries, and let the 99% know that as soon as the 1% is completely routed, we will restore aid and help the 99% live better lives.

And if we have terrorists in custody who aren't ansewring our questions when we ask nicely...well, I would set up a CIA interrogation school that would teach waterboarding on the first day, and instruction in electroshock and fingernail removal before graduation, then I'd turn 'em loose.

every single war we've ever fought, has been horrible and ugly, and that's when we fight enemies that abide by the Geneva Convention. If we want to win this one, we're going to have to do things we've never had to do before. I don't like that one bit, but we didn't create that scenario. But if the choices are burying more innocent people, or torturing/slaughtering those who orchestrate the attacks...if those are the 2 choices, I know where I stand now, regardless of collateral damage. I'm just done, tired of seeing the grieving innocents.

Is there a Muslim country that is stable within its borders, and at peace with its neighbors? Any Muslim countries where Christians, women, and homosexuals live happy lives?

It's my understanding that one of the California victims was a Christian living in the Middle East, who came here to escape religious persecution. For her to come all the way here and still die at their hands...I just can't comprehend it.

And forget about the Syrian refugees, at least the Muslim ones. I presume the female killer made it through the vetting process, correct? Well, if so, guess what? It doesn't work. Bomb the ISIS strongholds into the Stone Age, and giveth erefugees a safe place within their own countries.

I may feel very differently in a month. This is how I feel now. I do not think this religion has any place in the civilized world.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:37 PM   #99
Jim in CT

Quote:
He nor she did not buy the guns.....some have said in the past kiss and hug an ISIS and give them a job......Well he had a job
Correct, that horse's ass in the State Department, Marie Harff, has said that we need a "nuanced" apprach that involves jobs. Well, guess what? This guy had a great job. The company recently threw a baby shower for this psycho, and some of their victims were the same exact people who planned his baby shower. This guy had a baby for God's sake, but his hatred for Americans trumped his feelings for his baby. That's so un-natural to me, as to be something other than human.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:57 PM   #100
spence

Quote:
It is reported that just before she left for the massacre, she made an online post stating her committment to ISIS.

And Obama, you gotta give him credit, concedes that it just migt be connected to Islamic jihad!
I love it, now you want to hold Obama retroactively responsible for comments made before information is public.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:34 PM   #101
buckman

Quote:
I love it, now you want to hold Obama retroactively responsible for comments made before information is public.
I agree Spence . Obama rarely attends security meetings and gets most of his Intel from the news .
Old 12-04-2015, 05:41 PM   #102
Jim in CT

Quote:
Does he, or doesn't he, have access to info that's not made public yet?

When he said it was "possibly" terrorism, everyone knew it was almost certainly terrorism. People don't leave work angry, an come back with pipe bombs. Yet he still clung to the possibility (hope) that it was just a disgruntled worker.

Even if he only has access to what's on the news, you said he still hasn't called the Ft Hood shooting, terrorism. We all know what it was. He's an incompetent, in-over-his-head, horse's ass, and his legacy is circling the drain. I'm sorry if that makes you come un-glued, but that's his fault, not mine.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:28 PM   #103
spence

Quote:
Even if he only has access to what's on the news, you said he still hasn't called the Ft Hood shooting, terrorism.
That's not what I said, I said the incident wasn't classified as terrorism under federal law. He was convicted of murder.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:42 PM   #104
Fly Rod

Spence....I do not hold him responsible...the info was public, he is dragging his ass about this...he just does not want to admit it is isis provoked.

Spence U should apply for the daily news conference job....UUU love to protect this guy

Old 12-04-2015, 09:05 PM   #105
Fly Rod

The white house lights went dark around 4 PM your president does not want to discuss it....look for him tomorrow if he comes out from hiding...do not B surprised if he comes tomorrow with this attack is work connected.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:26 PM   #106
Nebe

Hope and Change. Hope and Change.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:04 AM   #107
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Hope for Change, Hope for Change....
Old 12-05-2015, 07:24 PM   #108
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Has he gone to San Bernardino to console the victims and
thank our law enforcement for their superb work, yet?

" Choose Life "
Old 12-06-2015, 07:28 AM   #109
Fly Rod

More gun laws will not work.....any and all laws go aganist the legal carries....there RRRR no laws for those that pocess illega guns....Spence do not come on and tell us they were purchased legally....In california buying and transfering a gun with out legal written transfer is illegal....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cal...gCK?li=BBnb7Kz

Old 12-06-2015, 07:34 AM   #110
buckman

Quote:
More gun laws will not work.....any and all laws go aganist the legal carries....there RRRR no laws for those that pocess illega guns....Spence do not come on and tell us they were purchased legally....In california buying and transfering a gun with out legal written transfer is illegal....

It really is simply , just ban illegal guns and remove them from the streets 😂
Old 12-06-2015, 09:43 AM   #111
spence

Quote:

The handguns were bought legally, the assault rifles were bought legally, transferred illegally and modified illegally. A few points...

- Selling a gun that's easily modifiable to make it more lethal should raise a red flag.

- State laws that can be circumvented by crossing a line points to a federal solution.

- Gun control is a long-term strategy. At the least we should be able to study the issue and the NRA won't even allow it.

I'm all for responsible gun ownership but what we have today is just short of a free for all. I'd note that the Paris attackers had to go to great lengths to get their weapons. They were defunct AK47s from Eastern Europe, repaired somewhere, smuggled though Belgium and into Paris.

In the US you just go to your local Wal-Mart.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:02 AM   #112
scottw

Quote:
The handguns were bought legally, the assault rifles were bought legally, transferred illegally and modified illegally. A few points...

- Selling a gun that's easily modifiable to make it more lethal should raise a red flag.

- State laws that can be circumvented by crossing a line points to a federal solution.

- Gun control is a long-term strategy. At the least we should be able to study the issue and the NRA won't even allow it.

I'm all for responsible gun ownership but what we have today is just short of a free for all. I'd note that the Paris attackers had to go to great lengths to get their weapons. They were defunct AK47s from Eastern Europe, repaired somewhere, smuggled though Belgium and into Paris.

that's some impressive nonsense
Old 12-06-2015, 10:07 AM   #113
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

A few points...

Quote:
Most guns are easily modifiable. You can print a gun today.

Quote:
The only way to federally solve is a confiscation and that attempt will end the current government.

Quote:
I would like to see some study done. I do not trust the Gun Control people to do the study. I do not trust someone that states "Gun Control Is A Long Term Strategy"

Quote:
You (and others) want to define and dictate what is responsible ownership is.

Quote:
This is so full of crap.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-06-2015, 11:01 AM   #114
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Most guns are easily modifiable. You can print a gun today.
It would be pretty easy to design a firearm such that it's difficult to make more lethal. As for additive manufacturing, why bother if you can just hit your local shop?

Quote:
The only way to federally solve is a confiscation and that attempt will end the current government.
No that's not the only way. You can enforce laws, provide incentives for reclamation and create stronger regulations that protect the rights of responsible gun owners.

Quote:
I would like to see some study done. I do not trust the Gun Control people to do the study. I do not trust someone that states "Gun Control Is A Long Term Strategy"
Sorry to throw down the common sense remarks. Perhaps randomly fluctuating regulations would be easier to sustain and understand.

Quote:
You (and others) want to define and dictate what is responsible ownership is.
I think if you could get the NRA to stop brainwashing their members and politicians people would find common ground pretty easily.
Quote:
This is so full of crap.
Oops, my bad. I see Wal-Mart stopped selling assault rifles in August
Old 12-06-2015, 04:50 PM   #115
tysdad115

More laws will actually make criminals follow the laws they don't follow now?? I just can't get my head up my ass to see liberal logic..
Old 12-06-2015, 05:24 PM   #116
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdad115 View Post
More laws will actually make criminals follow the laws they don't follow now?? I just can't get my head up my ass to see liberal logic..
Isn't fascism great ? Get everyone scared senseless and then start taking away their rights. Maybe we will do away with search warrants soon and let police search our houses at their whim
Old 12-06-2015, 06:14 PM   #117
tysdad115

Quote:
Isn't fascism great ? Get everyone scared senseless and then start taking away their rights. Maybe we will do away with search warrants soon and let police search our houses at their whim
No way that will happen. What will it take to get these idiots to realize that more laws aren't the answer.

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:46 PM   #118
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdad115 View Post
No way that will happen. What will it take to get these idiots to realize that more laws aren't the answer.
They realize it but what you have to realize is that what they want is more power. More power to tax, more power to rule your life, more power to get away with more tomorrow from opertunities to capitalize off of today.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:59 PM   #119
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Quote:
They realize it but what you have to realize is that what they want is more power. More power to tax, more power to rule your life, more power to get away with more tomorrow from opertunities to capitalize off of today.
Check, unfortunately the sheeple don't understand how the ruling class operates..

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 12-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #120
tysdad115

Those who would allow that and prefer that deserve to suffer the consequences.