Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #31
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Hey Spence, I know I wasn't going to bother with responding to your drivel here, but I can't help myself. The boat is not a "charter boat", nor is it registered as such. You quoted a statement made by one of Kerry's spokespeople who had the facts wrong. So, in this case I guess you were the one "prejudging the situation". Maybe you should look into things before just assuming anything you read on the internet is the truth. Once again, Spence is wrong.
the unbelieveable arrogance that seems to permeate this particular class of politicians is really nauseating.....Kerry dismissive of any criticism....hey, Clintons...."feed a hungry child", and "the rich don't pay enough" and all of that... spending half a million on flowers for the multi-million dollar upcoming wedding, Obamas jetting everywhere living the highlife while America is in distress....make a list of the highranking dems, their rhetoric and their actions....they clearly have a very low opinion of the IQ of the average democrat....
Old 07-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #32
spence

Quote:
Hey Spence, I know I wasn't going to bother with responding to your drivel here, but I can't help myself. The boat is not a "charter boat", nor is it registered as such. You quoted a statement made by one of Kerry's spokespeople who had the facts wrong.
Do you have information that proves there's no intention to charter the boat?

Quote:
So, in this case I guess you were the one "prejudging the situation". Maybe you should look into things before just assuming anything you read on the internet is the truth. Once again, Spence is wrong.
You're forming conclusions without adding any new information.

The Kerry spokesperson is on record stating that is one reason the boat is in RI. Unless there's contradictory info that would stand as possible, and quite rational justification.

-spence
Old 07-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #33
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Do you have information that proves there's no intention to charter the boat?

You're forming conclusions without adding any new information.

The Kerry spokesperson is on record stating that is one reason the boat is in RI. Unless there's contradictory info that would stand as possible, and quite rational justification.

-spence
Funny that you believe the spokesman. Are all spokespeople truthful all of the time? I didn't think you were that naive, but I stand corrected.

Oh, by the way. They don't do charters out of Portsmouth. None of the boats there are used for charters. You can call yourself and get this information. It's simple enough for even you to do.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 07-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #34
spence

Quote:
Funny that you believe the spokesman. Are all spokespeople truthful all of the time? I didn't think you were that naive, but I stand corrected.

Oh, by the way. They don't do charters out of Portsmouth. None of the boats there are used for charters. You can call yourself and get this information. It's simple enough for even you to do.
How do you have to time to think up such crafty insults but none to research your arguments?

Give me a call and we can work on your prioritization skills.

And as for charter services out of Portsmouth...try Google.

-spence
Old 07-28-2010, 04:21 AM   #35
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

This guy is KILLING ME

Kerry Promises 'Prompt' Yacht Tax Payment - Politics News Story - WCVB Boston
Old 07-28-2010, 10:46 AM   #36
fishbones

Quote:
How do you have to time to think up such crafty insults but none to research your arguments?

Give me a call and we can work on your prioritization skills.

And as for charter services out of Portsmouth...try Google.

-spence
Your smarmyness never seems to diminish, even when you are undeniably wrong. It's kind of nice to see that not being able to fish hasn't changed you and just made you a grump.

I guess I have to be more specific with you, since you clearly can't figure out some things on your own. I did research my points here, which amounted to much more than "googling" charter services. I actually did one better and contacted the ship yard where the boat is berthed. I spoke to a lovely young woman who gave me the information I was requesting, which I then passed on to you.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 07-28-2010, 01:07 PM   #37
buckman

Quote:
It's kind of nice to see that not being able to fish hasn't changed you and just made you a grump.

Now I have been called all kinds of names here, and most of them by Spence, but this kind of personal attack can't take place here.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #38
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Now I have been called all kinds of names here, and most of them by Spence, but this kind of personal attack can't take place here.

Oops, I mis-typed. I started to write something else and left "just" in there. It's supposed to say that it hasn't changed Spence and made him a grump. He's deifintely not a grump. He's still an arrogant twit, but he's our arrogant twit.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #39
spence

Quote:
Your smarmyness never seems to diminish, even when you are undeniably wrong. It's kind of nice to see that not being able to fish hasn't changed you and just made you a grump.

I guess I have to be more specific with you, since you clearly can't figure out some things on your own. I did research my points here, which amounted to much more than "googling" charter services. I actually did one better and contacted the ship yard where the boat is berthed. I spoke to a lovely young woman who gave me the information I was requesting, which I then passed on to you.
Perhaps you're asking the wrong questions.

I passed along the info about a public statement that the boat was to be chartered, without stating from where it would be chartered as at the time I didn't have that information. But made the quite reasonable assumption that chartering a yacht from the island is quite possible.

That the boat company where the yacht is currently birthed is not going to charter the yacht isn't evidence of wrong doing as you seem to be accusing.

Also, there are Portsmouth based companies that do charter yachts like Kerry's.

You still haven't provided anything that supports the accusation and demonstrates intent or awareness of wrongdoing.

Keep trying.
-spence
Old 07-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #40
fishbones

Quote:
Perhaps you're asking the wrong questions.

I passed along the info about a public statement that the boat was to be chartered, without stating from where it would be chartered as at the time I didn't have that information. But made the quite reasonable assumption that chartering a yacht from the island is quite possible.
Actually, you said it was going to be chartered for "a good part of the year". There was nothing to indicate that except for a quip about maintenace and charter purposes. Nothing about how many charters it would be used for. You were wrong to assume. Reasonable, shmeasonable.

That the boat company where the yacht is currently birthed is not going to charter the yacht isn't evidence of wrong doing as you seem to be accusing.
Also, there are Portsmouth based companies that do charter yachts like Kerry's.
Again, it was simple to find the ship yard where the yacht was berthed and make a quick phone call. The closest location that they do charters is out of Maine, and they only charter boats that are berthed there. It doesn't matter what other boats are chartered out of Portsmouth. I guess it's only wrong doing if you consider lying while making an excuse for not paying half a million dollars in taxes wrong doing.

You still haven't provided anything that supports the accusation and demonstrates intent or awareness of wrongdoing.
The fact that it was discovered that the boat had been kept in Massachsetts waters within the 6 month time frame for paying taxes on it seems to me that there was some wrong doing. Oh, and the fact that once the story broke, Kerry was quick to say that he was going to pay what he owed to the state also indicates that he's only paying because he was caught.

Keep trying.
"Keep trying." Now that's just cute.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #41
spence

Quote:
Actually, you said it was going to be chartered for "a good part of the year". There was nothing to indicate that except for a quip about maintenace and charter purposes. Nothing about how many charters it would be used for. You were wrong to assume. Reasonable, shmeasonable.
Actually, what I said was that "it looks like" the boat is going to be chartered for a good part of a year. This is a reasonable assumption based on the spokesperson remark, business fundamentals (of leasing a yacht) and the fact that John Kerry doesn't actually own the boat. It's registered to a LLC based out of Pennsylvania, probably to provide liability protection to the Kerry's...again, basic business practices.

Quote:
Again, it was simple to find the ship yard where the yacht was berthed and make a quick phone call. The closest location that they do charters is out of Maine, and they only charter boats that are berthed there. It doesn't matter what other boats are chartered out of Portsmouth. I guess it's only wrong doing if you consider lying while making an excuse for not paying half a million dollars in taxes wrong doing.
You said "they don't do charters out of Portsmouth" without providing who "they" is. That that company the boat was bought from doesn't do charters from Portsmouth isn't really relevant as the Kerry spokesperson never alleged that the company who owns the current birth was managing the charters.

Quote:
The fact that it was discovered that the boat had been kept in Massachsetts waters within the 6 month time frame for paying taxes on it seems to me that there was some wrong doing.
I've read that the boat was "seen" in MA waters but never that it was "kept".

Quote:
Oh, and the fact that once the story broke, Kerry was quick to say that he was going to pay what he owed to the state also indicates that he's only paying because he was caught.
Or more likely that he's filthy rich and to him the 500K isn't worth the political damage done by accusations with no real merit, at least not yet.

Let's recap. The yacht is bought from a RI company in March (that's less than 6 months ago mind you). RI has no taxes on boats. The boat came with a warranty. As they intend to charter the boat they keep in in RI so the warranty service can be provided. The boat was seen in MA. It's actually owned by a legal entity in PA. MA can go after taxes if they think they boat is being used too much in MA.

That's about all we really know, but John Kerry is guilty of tax evasion.

-spence
Old 07-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #42
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
I like the fact that he commissions a New Zealand company to build his $7M yacht. So much for US jobs.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 07-29-2010, 12:38 PM   #43
fishbones

Quote:
Actually, what I said was that "it looks like" the boat is going to be chartered for a good part of a year. This is a reasonable assumption based on the spokesperson remark, business fundamentals (of leasing a yacht) and the fact that John Kerry doesn't actually own the boat. It's registered to a LLC based out of Pennsylvania, probably to provide liability protection to the Kerry's...again, basic business practices.

You said "they don't do charters out of Portsmouth" without providing who "they" is. That that company the boat was bought from doesn't do charters from Portsmouth isn't really relevant as the Kerry spokesperson never alleged that the company who owns the current birth was managing the charters.

I've read that the boat was "seen" in MA waters but never that it was "kept".

Or more likely that he's filthy rich and to him the 500K isn't worth the political damage done by accusations with no real merit, at least not yet.

Let's recap. The yacht is bought from a RI company in March (that's less than 6 months ago mind you). RI has no taxes on boats. The boat came with a warranty. As they intend to charter the boat they keep in in RI so the warranty service can be provided. The boat was seen in MA. It's actually owned by a legal entity in PA. MA can go after taxes if they think they boat is being used too much in MA.

That's about all we really know, but John Kerry is guilty of tax evasion.

-spence

Wow, I know you don't believe any of this, but do you really think anyone else reading it believes it?
Since RIJimmy is on hiatus, I'm going to quote him regarding your responses here.
Lame

Old 07-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #44
spence

Quote:
Wow, I know you don't believe any of this, but do you really think anyone else reading it believes it?
Since RIJimmy is on hiatus, I'm going to quote him regarding your responses here.
Lame
That was an artful response. I'm , so, wounded...

-spence