Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 04-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #31
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Talking to someone smarter than i they said that they will make them mpeg4 files not mp3's which is what ipods use. Must be some proprietary type thing only for ipods. I would guess if you burned them onto a cd they would not play in a cd player

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #32
Clogston29
xxx

you have to export them to a cd, or create a cd (i forget the terminology they use)

you can't just copy the files onto a cd from the itunes folder on your computer

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Clogston29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #33
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

SK I see that and I guess you can import them as mp3 if you wish. What that means I have no idea what I want. There are lots of options on how to import them but it all looks Slovakian to me. I hate being so gd stupid when it comes to computer stuff. I am not sure what the hell I want. I am going to get my out of work friend to stop by and school me on some of this lingo.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
Old 04-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #34
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogston29 View Post
you have to export them to a cd, or create a cd (i forget the terminology they use)

you can't just copy the files onto a cd from the itunes folder on your computer
So you have to convert back to MP3 first before you burn a cd to be played on a regular cd player. I guess what I am asking is how should I save all this music i am going to put on my hard drive. The i tunes must have converted all my limewire stuff to their mp4 styles as I am pretty sure all the limewire stuff is mp3's.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #35
CaptMike

Does anyone hace experience with getting an IPOD fixed? Mine decided to stop working yesterday and I was wondering how much of an ordeal it would be to get it fixed.
CaptMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #36
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Thank you Mark all very helpful.

Sorry Capt. Mike. If mine breaks I am throwing it in the trash and buying a transistor radio.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #37
The Iceman 6
Here fishy fishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post
Does anyone hace experience with getting an IPOD fixed? Mine decided to stop working yesterday and I was wondering how much of an ordeal it would be to get it fixed.
Depends on the iPOD error message. What does it say? Usually holding menu then select and/or play button simultaneously for 10 seconds should work if it's a "basic problem" as mentioed prev. by C-29. Also, let the power drain and plug back into ITurnes, it will try and reset itself. Do a search on the net as there are tons of help websites and help message boards will come up. I was able to fix it when folder message came up (I since forgot how), when Bad Smiley Face came up I knew that wasn't good. I checked out several message boards and worked and worked the problem to no avail. I go to one message board and I"m reading all the responses and I can't believe it. They tell you to hold the iPOD over 2/3 feet over a hard surface and drop the thing, wouldn't you know it - it freakin' worked but eventually it went. So I make an appointment (appointment only) in downtown SoHo with the Apple Genius bar. The Genius does his magic and comes back and goes sorry it's shot and your warranty expired 2 months ago. U wanna buy a new one? I go (shouting) "I'm NOT leaving here until you fix my ******* iPOD or replace it, this is ******* 3rd one, what the ****." Downtown SOHO store was SILENT. So I keep my rant going until somebody pulls me aside and goes, "just calm down we'll replace it for free." I walked into that store telling myself whatever it takes! Just like anything else they all go but I "love" my iPOD and would buy another one. I have the 60 gigs with 11,000 songs on it.

Professor M - just import as Mp3, you'll be an expert in month. I"ll be asking you questions.

Ice
The Iceman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #38
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

You may be asking but I doubt I will be answering. Thanks.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #39
hummy22

just make sure that everytime you decide to disconnect that you do it properly or it can corrupt your database....not one of the lessons learned that you would want to experience.
hummy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:11 AM   #40
CaptMike

So I went to the apple store yesterday. I was there for a total of 5 minutes, they said I had a "defective hard drive" (I'm not sure if he meant me or the IPOD) and gave me a new one. I was pretty happy all in all.
CaptMike is offline   Reply With Quote