Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-12-2009, 07:05 AM   #31
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokinwet View Post
Fishbones - I don't remember quoting you...just read the thread.
Have I read the entire 647 page HR 1 version of the Stimulus Bill...no...and I seriously doubt anyone on here has either. I am however familiar with many provisions of the bill including some pretty involved reporting requirements for the reasons I stated above. Obviously there are differing opinions on this but do you seriously think that democrats don't recognize the illegal immigration problem..or that this is "about people not wanting to find out how bad the undocumented worker problem really is." That's a quote BTW.
Sorry, it's hard to tell who you're referring to sometimes. You talk about the 2nd Amendment in one sentence and then in another you are clearly referring to me when mentioning what I wrote about the SF Gate being a liberal paper.

Also, I'm not sure what why you are asking me about the Democrats recognizing the problem. In no post, have I written or inferred that this had anything to do with the Dems. You first mentioned that it was a "political statement", not me. I don't let party affiliation decide what my opinion is on issues.

The undocumented workers problem is going to be a big deal in the next few years. Maybe there are some people who don't want to start digging and find out it's much worse than what people think. That's just my opinion. And thanks for pointing out to me what a quote is.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 03-12-2009, 08:02 AM   #32
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

This such a dumb argument.
The purpose of the stimulus bill - help American workers
If there is a chance that some of the money may be used to help illegal immigrants and NOT go to American workers, it should be STOPPED.
These is so much bull%$%$%$%$ in that bill, give me a break that this slow progress down,

I have NO DOUBTS that this provision was taken out purely for the Dems to pander to the illegal immigrant population which they will push for amnesty. Once again, screw hard working Americans to buy votes from the needy.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 03-13-2009, 07:28 AM   #33
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
This such a dumb argument.
The purpose of the stimulus bill - help American workers
No, the purpose of the stimulus bill is to help the American economy. If it were only to help the workers we might as just use all the money to hire more government staff.

This sounds like you're advocating the redistribution of taxpayer funds in some USA only trickle up scheme.

-spence
Old 03-13-2009, 07:47 AM   #34
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This sounds like you're advocating the redistribution of taxpayer funds in some USA only trickle up scheme.

-spence
are you kidding me? yes, usa only to work legally in this country. Sound like Im advocating THE LAW!!!!!!!!

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all