Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!
iTrader: (0)
 
MarshCappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Marshfield
Posts: 2,608
Palins Alaska

Ok who's watching it and what do you think? I've been watching the last couple of episodes and it's pretty good IMO. What a beautiful place. I have to get out there someday. Mods, place this wherever as this could go in any direction. I find the commercial salmon fishery very interesting. Pretty cool.



"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:46 AM   #2
Raven
........
iTrader: (0)
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 22,761
Blog Entries: 1
she can have her self edited on film when she goofs up
(by hubby Todd)
there ain't no way to do that on live TV as a president

she won't interview with Katie Couric again !
because she asks just the right questions
that are way to smart for her to answer
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:38 AM   #3
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected
iTrader: (-9)
 
UserRemoved1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 12,647
I have seen it a few times and liked it. Absolutely stunning footage. Wish she'd leave her political comments out though. It seems to me a way to stuff it in the face of people who have ridiculed her with a backdrop of pretty scenery. Just based on the few comments I've seen.
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 32,686
Blog Entries: 1
Amazing place, minor Palin infomercial aside, stunning footage.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,285
It's about as absurdly contrived as any reality show and yes, the scenery is quite nice.

-spence
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #6
Swimmer
Retired Surfer
iTrader: (0)
 
Swimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Sunset Grill
Posts: 9,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's about as absurdly contrived as any reality show and yes, the scenery is quite nice.

-spence
Its better than watching the Kardashians!

Besides all the guys wanted to meet Mr. Palin, he is a GD legend up there.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:14 PM   #7
MrHunters
What was that!?!
iTrader: (0)
 
MrHunters's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East Kingston, NH
Posts: 3,105
I'd rather watch Alaska State Trooper show on NGC. You still get amazing footage and you don't have to listen to her cackle.
MrHunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #8
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus
iTrader: (0)
 
ProfessorM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lakeville Ma.
Posts: 14,538
Alaska is beautiful, she makes me want to puke.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #9
likwid
lobster = striper bait
iTrader: (0)
 
likwid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Popes Island Performing Arts Center
Posts: 5,869
Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshCappa View Post
Ok who's watching it and what do you think? I've been watching the last couple of episodes and it's pretty good IMO. What a beautiful place. I have to get out there someday. Mods, place this wherever as this could go in any direction. I find the commercial salmon fishery very interesting. Pretty cool.
If you find the salmon fishery interesting then buy Red Gold.

Screw Palin.

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:02 PM   #10
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy
iTrader: (0)
 
tattoobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Billerica, Ma.
Posts: 7,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
Alaska is beautiful, she makes me want to puke.
Thank you, I'm glad someone said it

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #11
niko
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: marshfield
Posts: 3,451
she needs to practice her casting.

my 1st wife didn't like me fishing so much
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #12
Jenn
Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Jenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: 4 hours from my favorite place
Posts: 5,305
I have been watching but must admit for someone who is so "outdoorsy" she seems very awkward in some situations thus far, which is a little disappointing. Other than that I watch because of the concept of the show which I like.....and yes Todd is the man!

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #13
likwid
lobster = striper bait
iTrader: (0)
 
likwid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Popes Island Performing Arts Center
Posts: 5,869
Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko View Post
she needs to practice her casting.
And shooting and everything else she claims to do.

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:13 PM   #14
Karl F
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Karl F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
Screw Palin.




not even with yours....
Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:56 AM   #15
chrisjoe13
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
chrisjoe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Harmony, Rhode Island
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHunters View Post
I'd rather watch Alaska State Trooper show on NGC. You still get amazing footage and you don't have to listen to her cackle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
Alaska is beautiful, she makes me want to puke.
These 2 posts sum it up for me.
chrisjoe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:07 AM   #16
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
Its better than watching the Kardashians!
I'd MUCH rather look at Kim Kardashian than Sarah Palin anyday.....Don't care about the Locale

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:21 AM   #17
Fly Rod
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Fly Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Gloucester Massachusetts
Posts: 2,678
The difference is, she is raking in 200 thou an episode. How long do you need to work to equal that, as she smiles making a deposit at the bank?

So far I have not watched an episode, I did want to see the halibut one tho.
Fly Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #18
vineyardblues
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
vineyardblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
Alaska is beautiful, she makes me want to puke.
Agree , BUT , Barney Frank makes her look like the Queen of England in my book
vineyardblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:30 PM   #19
Striper_Haven_03
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Striper_Haven_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 172
Any woman that shoots a .460 Weatherby Magnum on Alaskan Moose and Elk hunts is ok in my book, regardless of her political views. I consider that pretty "outdoorsy".
Striper_Haven_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:51 PM   #20
likwid
lobster = striper bait
iTrader: (0)
 
likwid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Popes Island Performing Arts Center
Posts: 5,869
Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl F View Post


not even with yours....
Booger's shiny head might plug that hole.

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #21
stiff tip
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
stiff tip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: cape cod when my meds r workin right
Posts: 1,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl F View Post


not even with yours....
hay i,d take a poke at her, than i,d teach her how to use the fly pole
stiff tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:51 PM   #22
robc22
zziplex lover
iTrader: (0)
 
robc22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: upper cape cod, MA
Posts: 855
Must be nice.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
Alaska is beautiful, she makes me want to puke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoobob View Post
Thank you, I'm glad someone said it
Must be nice to afford a life style where you can walk out your front door, down to your dock and board a float plane for a fishing trip.......I'm lucky to get my favorite casting rock one out of twenty trips down to the canal.............

Lobster Troll #1
robc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #23
The Iceman 6
Here fishy fishy
iTrader: (0)
 
The Iceman 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Whoville
Posts: 2,266
2nd Alaskan State Troopers.
The Iceman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #24
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish
iTrader: (1)
 
RIJIMMY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 8,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by robc22 View Post
Must be nice to afford a life style where you can walk out your front door, down to your dock and board a float plane for a fishing trip.......I'm lucky to get my favorite casting rock one out of twenty trips down to the canal.............
its not nice, its called work and sacrifice. Nothing was given to her. Check the media and the above posts, most cant stand her.
How many VP candidates vanished into nothingness? She took her chances and now can reap the rewards. Never hold someones success against them

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #25
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus
iTrader: (0)
 
ProfessorM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lakeville Ma.
Posts: 14,538
the only reason she is reaping anything is she is a fairly good looking female. If she was an ugly old bat no one would care.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:08 AM   #26
robc22
zziplex lover
iTrader: (0)
 
robc22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: upper cape cod, MA
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
its not nice, its called work and sacrifice. Nothing was given to her. Check the media and the above posts, most cant stand her.
How many VP candidates vanished into nothingness? She took her chances and now can reap the rewards. Never hold someones success against them
where did I say I was?????

Lobster Troll #1
robc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #27
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish
iTrader: (1)
 
RIJIMMY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 8,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
the only reason she is reaping anything is she is a fairly good looking female. If she was an ugly old bat no one would care.
come on Paul, everywhere I look in the stores this year is Susan Boyle.....

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #28
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
Alaska is beautiful, she makes me want to puke.
What is it about her that makes you want to puke? The fact that she loves the outdoors, or the fact that she loves her husband and kids, or the fact that she had the compassion to give birth to a baby with Downs, or the fact that she raised her son to love his country enough to serve in the Army, or do you hate the fact that she had enough integrity to expose political corruption even in her own party?

Or is it her politics you hate? Do you hate the fact that she thinks unborn babies have the right to live, or the fact the she wants to kill terrorists, or the fact that she believes in low taxes, or the fact that she wants to keep the feds out of your face as much as possible?

Maybe you buy into the notion that she's stupid, because she has said some dumb things on camera? Well, Obama has been caught on film saying there are 57 states in the US, and that Europe is a country...but he gets a pass. And Joe Biden has put his foot in his mouth enough times to keep the writers at Saturday Night Live busy for the next decade.

I am a conservative who would never vote for Gov Palin in a primary, IO have my reasons. But all the personal hatred ticks me off. Unlike most politicians, she was not born rich. From humble beginnings, she became the best governor in the entire country (based on the fact that she had the highest approval ratings of any governor). As governor, she lowered taxes, balanced the budget, and did all that without hurting her state's economy. That sounds pretty good to me. Maybe you know politicians who have done better?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #29
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
the only reason she is reaping anything is she is a fairly good looking female. If she was an ugly old bat no one would care.
Professor, the woman came from very modest beginnings. She exposed significant political corruption in her own party, got elected governor, and had the highest approval ratings of any governor in the country. She did amazing things for Alaska's economy.

Before the smear campaign, the people of Alaska loved her...her approval ratings were about double what Obama's are now. Maybe she wasn't Omama's classmate at Harvard. But somewhere along the way, she (unlike Obama) learned a few things, like the fact that you can't spend what you don't have, and that you can't make terrorists like us, so we need to kill them.

How about the fact that she freely chose to give birth to a baby with Downs, knowing all the challenges that brings? Does she get any points with you for that?

And yes, she is hot. Anyone who makes conservatism sexy, in addition to being obviously superior to liberalism, is OK in my book.

Professor, do yourself a favor, and turn off MSNBC for 5 minutes.

When I was in Alaska, I saw alot of cars with this bumper sticker. "Alaska...Coldest state, hottest governor".

And everyone should see Alaska. I have video of my wife and I salmon fishing with brown bears in the water behind her, pulling salmon out of the water (Katmai Nat'l Park). It's a spectacular place.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #30
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus
iTrader: (0)
 
ProfessorM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lakeville Ma.
Posts: 14,538
Yeah that about seems it up, she is not alone in my makes me want to puke list though, pretty much all politicians make me feel that way. Glad you enjoy following politics, me I'd rather watch grass grow.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com