Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2016, 05:34 PM   #121
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
The fact is... China got the oil first.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I think you're missing the point. Oil is a commodity. China was willing to secure contracts because they had a different business plan. Chinese domestic production is shrinking yet they have demand. The US has both domestic production and demand along with a natural gas excess.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:43 PM   #122
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 20,109
Remember bush justified the war by saying "Iraq would pay for the war with their oil"?
What was that all about? I think something went on that we don't know about between bush and China and maybe how we couldn't pay off our debts to them. (Or something like that...). Tinfoil hat is on standby
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:55 PM   #123
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Remember bush justified the war by saying "Iraq would pay for the war with their oil"?
What was that all about? I think something went on that we don't know about between bush and China and maybe how we couldn't pay off our debts to them. (Or something like that...). Tinfoil hat is on standby
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I don't think Bush ever said that, it was Paul Wolfowitz who served under Donald Rumsfeld.

It's interesting that people will have seizures over Benghazi yet totally ignore strategic failures that are order of magnitude larger in scale.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:15 PM   #124
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't think Bush ever said that, it was Paul Wolfowitz who served under Donald Rumsfeld.

It's interesting that people will have seizures over Benghazi yet totally ignore strategic failures that are order of magnitude larger in scale.
If those strategic failures have been ignored, it is a wonder that we heard (and still hear, apparently) so much about them.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:47 PM   #125
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 20,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't think Bush ever said that, it was Paul Wolfowitz who served under Donald Rumsfeld.

It's interesting that people will have seizures over Benghazi yet totally ignore strategic failures that are order of magnitude larger in scale.
He did say that.. i have a photographic memory.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:54 PM   #126
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
He did say that.. i have a photographic memory.
Should be easy to find a quote then. I'm not saying the administration didn't promote it, but I don't think Bush ever said it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:14 PM   #127
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 20,109
I can vividly remember him standing behind the podium with that Alfred e Newman stare and big ears saying something along the lines of defending the wars cost and the fact that the Iraqi government would help pay for it wit their oil. I can't search for this with my iPhone but I'm certain. I remember wolfowitz saying this, Cheney said something as well and then Rumsfeld said that the war had nothing to do with oil. LOL.
THE FACT IS... The oil of Iraq was nationalized under saddam and not is is being ectraxted by foreign corporations.

I rest my case.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:55 AM   #128
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think you're missing the point. Oil is a commodity. China was willing to secure contracts because they had a different business plan. Chinese domestic production is shrinking yet they have demand. The US has both domestic production and demand along with a natural gas excess.
stop talking to Eben like he's 4 years old
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:56 AM   #129
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

THE FACT IS... The oil of Iraq was nationalized under saddam and not is is being ectraxted by foreign corporations.

I rest my case.


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
never mind....
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:58 AM   #130
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,513
Ted Cruz grilled on economics and his tax plan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=wDu2fWId8CA

He is head and shoulders above Trump in being able to handle interviews without dodging or filibustering. Maybe head and shoulders above all the other candidates of either party. It's a 40-50 minute interview, but well worth watching.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-16-2016 at 09:36 AM..
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:21 AM   #131
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 20,109
What scares me the most is that cruz will make decisions based on his religion over what might be best decided in a non biased point of view.
I see bloody wars in our future with Cruz at the wheel
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:26 AM   #132
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
What scares me the most is that cruz will make decisions based on his religion over what might be best decided in a non biased point of view.
I see bloody wars in our future with Cruz at the wheel
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I didn't see any evidence of what you fear in the video. It was a very rational proposal based on economics, not religion.

BTW, some of the bloodiest wars have been caused by the pseudo-religion of socialism.

Also, the vast majority of his political arguments don't involve religion. And it is amazing how you can call others bigots who point out Islam's incompatibility with our values and secular system of government, yet you have this fear of Christians who have had such a major part of founding and sustaining our secular society. Reagan was as much a Christian as Cruz is, but he didn't make decisions based on his religion. And, rather than starting bloody wars, he helped bring down one of the bloodiest regimes in world history.

I don't see much evidence that American Christian leaders have started wars because of religion. Our wars have been for other reasons.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-16-2016 at 09:46 AM..
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com