Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-21-2016, 06:00 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
How about gun deaths ? I know how to stop that... Take away everyone's guns. Simple right? What's a little violation of your freedom?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Simple, yes. And as you said, it would be a violation of the Constitution.

Please tell me what is happening to you, in the name of national security, that is a violation of your constitutional rights? I'm all ears.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:33 AM   #2
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Simple, yes. And as you said, it would be a violation of the Constitution.

Please tell me what is happening to you, in the name of national security, that is a violation of your constitutional rights? I'm all ears.
Lets see. If I am not mistaken a warrant is needed to search my belongings in public. I'd say when I travel I loose that right to privacy.

If I was to buy a 1 way train ticket and had over 10K in cash in my possession, the government can search me and take that money "just because they suspect I'm a drug dealer". I'd say that is unconstitutional. I'm sure there's more but I need coffee
Old 04-21-2016, 07:21 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Lets see. If I am not mistaken a warrant is needed to search my belongings in public. I'd say when I travel I loose that right to privacy.

If I was to buy a 1 way train ticket and had over 10K in cash in my possession, the government can search me and take that money "just because they suspect I'm a drug dealer". I'd say that is unconstitutional. I'm sure there's more but I need coffee
"If I am not mistaken a warrant is needed to search my belongings in public"

Please show me where the constitution says that. (It's a trick question, the constitution doesn't say that, so you don't have that right). The Constitution says you have the protection against unlawful and unreasonable search. Our society has determined that when you get on a plane, you have no reasonable expectation of proivacy in what you carry on with you. You may not like that, but just because it ticks you off, doesn't mean your rights have been violated.

"the government can search me and take that money "just because they suspect I'm a drug dealer". I'd say that is unconstitutional"

I'm not sure they can do that wihtout just cause, and if it ever happens to you, you can find an ACLU lawyer who will sue on your behalf.

Sorry, you need to do a lot better than that.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:25 AM   #4
Fly Rod

Quote:

Is it unconstitutional, U buy a 2 way airline ticket your luggage would B searched and or a one way ticket...start jumping up & down in the airport and C where it gets U.....

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...