Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-31-2019, 07:49 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

The great negotiator

In order to improve his chances of achieving what he claims is required Trump tweets his trigger words.

Such a skillful negotiator.

Next he’ll say he’d be glad to be the one to shut the government down, though he already had Mulvaney out spreading the word on the Sunday political shows.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
Jan 30
If the committee of Republicans and Democrats now meeting on Border Security is not discussing or contemplating a Wall or Physical Barrier, they are Wasting their time!

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
25m
Large sections of WALL have already been built with much more either under construction or ready to go. Renovation of existing WALLS is also a very big part of the plan to finally, after many decades, properly Secure Our Border. The Wall is getting done one way or the other!
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Lets just call them WALLS from now on and stop playing political games! A WALL is a WALL!

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-31-2019, 08:01 AM   #2
Jim in CT

An anti Trump post? Didn't see that coming.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:04 AM   #3
Sea Dangles

Thanks for exposing that PeteF.,good job!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-31-2019, 01:02 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

"Donald Trump lost the shutdown. He played a bad hand poorly and, in the end, settled for fewer concessions on border security than he would have received had he never pursued a shutdown in the first place. But Democrats painted themselves into their own corner. If Trump is savvy enough, he can exploit that and shatter the unity among congressional Democrats."

But he's already f'n it up

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/p...rder-security/

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-12-2019, 10:01 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

So how did the great negotiator do?
Looks to me like the two red balls on Pelosi’s necklace belonged to Trump
Old 02-12-2019, 10:43 PM   #6
Sea Dangles

Why are you thinking about his balls before bed PeteF.?
Old 02-13-2019, 07:34 AM   #7
PaulS

He is a master negotiator. Things aren't done yet. Remember he is playing 3 dimensional chess and everyone else is playing checkers.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:16 AM   #8
Jim in CT

as of right now, he sure didn’t get what he wanted. but she’s giving up a lot more than the $1 thatbwas in the original bill from congress. not a great success for trump at this point, no way to claim otherwise.

Paul, doesnit mean anything to you, that all the border patrol agents i’ve seen, including the man who led the entire border patrol under obama, say the wall will help?
Old 02-13-2019, 09:01 AM   #9
PaulS

Trump turned down more $ previously but he still doesn't understand his strengths and weaknesses - all important to be any type of negotiator - never mind a great negotiator. Hopefully Hannity and Coulter allow him to sign the deal. I understand that the border agents want a wall but they aren't seeing the big picture. Doesn't it mean anything to you that all the Reps along the border don't want the 1,000 mile border Trumps wants? How about that the vast majority of drugs are coming through the border checkpoints or that a bigger problem is people overstaying their visa? There are smarter ways to spend money than to blindly put $ into a wall when you can do other things w/that $.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:14 AM   #10
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

to blindly put $ into a wall

this is your problem
Old 02-13-2019, 09:23 AM   #11
PaulS

realist?
Old 02-13-2019, 09:24 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Paul, doesnit mean anything to you, that all the border patrol agents i’ve seen, including the man who led the entire border patrol under obama, say the wall will help?
Help is a pretty low bar for BILLIONS

Border Patrol position until Brandon Judd went to visit the White House

Walls and fences are temporary solutions that focus on the symptom (illegal immigration) rather than the problem (employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens).

Walls and fences are only a speed bump. People who want to come to the United States to obtain employment will continue to go over, under, and around the walls and fences that are constructed.

Walls and fences will undoubtedly result in an increase in fraudulent documents and smuggling through the Ports of Entry.

Walls and fences do not solve the issue of people entering the country legally and staying beyond the date they are required to leave the country, a problem which will undoubtedly increase as more walls and fences are constructed.

The NBPC position regarding walls and fences is not due to a concern of losing our jobs if fences and walls are built. On the contrary, the NBPC realizes that walls and fences require just as much manpower to protect them. Border Patrol Agents witness what happens to walls and fences when there are not enough Border Patrol agents to protect them.

Today Judd talks as though his membership is unified behind a border wall, touting a union survey. As The Washington Times reported:

The NBPC’s survey, of more than 600 agents in two of the Border Patrol’s busiest sectors, found … 89 percent of line agents say a “wall system in strategic locations is necessary to securing the border.” Just 7 percent disagreed.

But that language doesn’t distinguish between existing sections of wall and the wisdom of what Trump wants to build going forward. Most members of the Democratic caucus in Congress believe that a “wall system in strategic locations” is necessary—try to find a congressional Democrat to go on record calling for all walls and fencing to be torn down. The wording seems designed to get the highest possible rate of agreement, not to discern the actual position of union members on Trump’s wall.

The takeaway from all of this isn’t pro-wall or anti-wall. Neither the old language on the web site nor the new language from the dubious survey should shape one’s judgment of whether the wall is a good or bad idea.

Rather, it is a case study in the folly of treating the words of public-employee union officials as if they should carry weight in policy debates. Public-sector unions are biased by the labor interests of members and their political interests in forging strategic relationships with whoever is in power. Union officials do not tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Disinterested policy insight isn’t something they offer. And politicians who pretend otherwise are trying to mislead you.

Also not a single Representative in Congress on the Border supports a wall.
Along the 2,000-mile border with Mexico, which sprawls across four states and nine House districts, a single seat is held by a Republican: Representative Will Hurd of Texas.

And Mr. Hurd, a former undercover C.I.A. officer who barely won re-election in Texas’ 23rd District, the largest of the nine, has emerged as perhaps the most persistent critic in his party of President Trump’s wall.

Drawing upon his years undercover and his work in the private sector, Mr. Hurd has a starkly different vision for the southwestern border: fiber optic cables, sensors, radar, drones, increased staffing — but not the concrete or steel barrier that Mr. Trump has demanded before he reopens the government.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-13-2019, 10:43 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump turned down more $ previously but he still doesn't understand his strengths and weaknesses - all important to be any type of negotiator - never mind a great negotiator. Hopefully Hannity and Coulter allow him to sign the deal. I understand that the border agents want a wall but they aren't seeing the big picture. Doesn't it mean anything to you that all the Reps along the border don't want the 1,000 mile border Trumps wants? How about that the vast majority of drugs are coming through the border checkpoints or that a bigger problem is people overstaying their visa? There are smarter ways to spend money than to blindly put $ into a wall when you can do other things w/that $.
"I understand that the border agents want a wall but they aren't seeing the big picture"

Please explain this "big picture" which trumps the little picture presented by the actual subject matter experts.

"Doesn't it mean anything to you that all the Reps along the border don't want the 1,000 mile border Trumps wants?"

First, I have seen many representatives as well as Ted Cruz, endorse Trump's wall, so it's not anywhere near unanimous. Second, if cops on the scene say a wall will help, and politicians 2,000 miles away saw we don't, I give a lot more weight to what the little guy says. The border patrol agents aren't pandering to a base for votes, they are motivated by what they think is right. In my opinion, the democrats care more about denying Trump a victory, than they care about solving problems. These are the same jerks who sat at the SOTU and felt no need to celebrate our past and recent successes. Some of them (not all) are motivate by politics, not motivated to solve problems.

What is your response to that?

When agents on the scene say we need a wall and point to specific cases where walls have clearly worked, and the democrat reply is that walls are evil and racist, I know which side I believe and which side I'm laughing at.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:48 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Help is a pretty low bar for BILLIONS

Border Patrol position until Brandon Judd went to visit the White House

Walls and fences are temporary solutions that focus on the symptom (illegal immigration) rather than the problem (employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens).

Walls and fences are only a speed bump. People who want to come to the United States to obtain employment will continue to go over, under, and around the walls and fences that are constructed.

Walls and fences will undoubtedly result in an increase in fraudulent documents and smuggling through the Ports of Entry.

Walls and fences do not solve the issue of people entering the country legally and staying beyond the date they are required to leave the country, a problem which will undoubtedly increase as more walls and fences are constructed.

The NBPC position regarding walls and fences is not due to a concern of losing our jobs if fences and walls are built. On the contrary, the NBPC realizes that walls and fences require just as much manpower to protect them. Border Patrol Agents witness what happens to walls and fences when there are not enough Border Patrol agents to protect them.

Today Judd talks as though his membership is unified behind a border wall, touting a union survey. As The Washington Times reported:

The NBPC’s survey, of more than 600 agents in two of the Border Patrol’s busiest sectors, found … 89 percent of line agents say a “wall system in strategic locations is necessary to securing the border.” Just 7 percent disagreed.

But that language doesn’t distinguish between existing sections of wall and the wisdom of what Trump wants to build going forward. Most members of the Democratic caucus in Congress believe that a “wall system in strategic locations” is necessary—try to find a congressional Democrat to go on record calling for all walls and fencing to be torn down. The wording seems designed to get the highest possible rate of agreement, not to discern the actual position of union members on Trump’s wall.

The takeaway from all of this isn’t pro-wall or anti-wall. Neither the old language on the web site nor the new language from the dubious survey should shape one’s judgment of whether the wall is a good or bad idea.

Rather, it is a case study in the folly of treating the words of public-employee union officials as if they should carry weight in policy debates. Public-sector unions are biased by the labor interests of members and their political interests in forging strategic relationships with whoever is in power. Union officials do not tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Disinterested policy insight isn’t something they offer. And politicians who pretend otherwise are trying to mislead you.

Along the 2,000-mile border with Mexico, which sprawls across four states and nine House districts, a single seat is held by a Republican: Representative Will Hurd of Texas.

And Mr. Hurd, a former undercover C.I.A. officer who barely won re-election in Texas’ 23rd District, the largest of the nine, has emerged as perhaps the most persistent critic in his party of President Trump’s wall.

Drawing upon his years undercover and his work in the private sector, Mr. Hurd has a starkly different vision for the southwestern border: fiber optic cables, sensors, radar, drones, increased staffing — but not the concrete or steel barrier that Mr. Trump has demanded before he reopens the government.
"Help is a pretty low bar for BILLIONS"

It's a rounding error in our budget. Doctors without borders claim that two thirds of the women who attempt illegal crossings, get sexually assaulted. That's not worth 5 billion? Obama's "stimulus" plan cost hundreds of billions, I don't know anyone who got a cent from that.

You are setting the world record for responding to something no one has ever said. I never said that 100% of border patrol folks support the wall. But most I have heard, do. That's why Fox has border patrol agents and executives explaining why the wall will help, while the other networks have liberal politicians on saying the wall is racist. I haven't seen a lot of border patrol agents on CNN or MSNBC. There's a reason for that.

Can you go through one thread, without responding to something that no one ever said?
Old 02-13-2019, 10:49 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
There was a woman on Fox last night, a US Congresswoman from Texas (not sure where), who was all for the wall. As is Ted Cruz, one of two US Senators from Texas.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:18 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"Help is a pretty low bar for BILLIONS"

It's a rounding error in our budget. Doctors without borders claim that two thirds of the women who attempt illegal crossings, get sexually assaulted. That's not worth 5 billion? Obama's "stimulus" plan cost hundreds of billions, I don't know anyone who got a cent from that.

You are setting the world record for responding to something no one has ever said. I never said that 100% of border patrol folks support the wall. But most I have heard, do. That's why Fox has border patrol agents and executives explaining why the wall will help, while the other networks have liberal politicians on saying the wall is racist. I haven't seen a lot of border patrol agents on CNN or MSNBC. There's a reason for that.

Can you go through one thread, without responding to something that no one ever said?
Rounding errors got us to a record deficit, budgets are controlled either by ensuring creep does not occur or by chopping off whole parts. This is a massive increase with no proven benefit. Now, true to form, you'll spout some rhetoric about how I shouldn't care because whatabout.
Where did I say you said every border patrol folk is for the wall, I gave you some reasoning for why this might not be a valid reason to jump on this train.
Why does not a single representative from any district on the entire Mexican border support a WALL?

WTF does this statement relate to in this thread prior to it
"Paul, doesnit mean anything to you, that all the border patrol agents i’ve seen, including the man who led the entire border patrol under obama, say the wall will help"

You didn't start the thread and you don't control the direction, though you certainly want to make sure all agree with you or else.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-13-2019, 11:45 AM   #17
detbuch

Quote:
. . . Walls and fences are temporary solutions that focus on the symptom (illegal immigration) rather than the problem (employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens).

"temporary SOLUTIONS . . ." Hey let's not do anything that isn't permanent . . . you know . . . like all the permanent stuff the government always does. Wait . . . nothing is permanent . . . right? There are no absolutes. Change is normal. Change is good. Hope and change.

Walls and fences are only a speed bump.

Speed bumps work. But, alas, they are only those bugaboo "temporary solutions that focus on the symptom rather than the problem".

People who want to come to the United States to obtain employment will continue to go over, under, and around the walls and fences that are constructed.

See there . . . the temporary SOLUTION just ain't no good. It might stop or slow down a lot of folks. But it won't stop all of them. It ain't a perfect solution. We need an all encompassing perfect and immediate solution or none at all.

Walls and fences will undoubtedly (even though they don't work) result in an increase in fraudulent documents and smuggling through the Ports of Entry.

Exactly. Even Ports of Entry don't work. You can't even stop illegals there. What's the point of a "Port of Entry"? It's supposed to identify fraudulent documents and stop smuggling. What's the point of a wall that funnels illegals to Points of Entry. We could eliminate them and save lots of money.

There you have it. We better not solve the issue of people entering illegally because it will increase the problem of them coming legally.

Yup. We'll need more border agents. That's obviously a bad thing. Not part of a permanent all encompassing perfect solution. I thought Mr. Trump also said we need more border agents . . . but he's a liar.

. . . Rather, it is a case study in the folly of treating the words of public-employee union officials as if they should carry weight in policy debates. Public-sector unions are biased by the labor interests of members and their political interests in forging strategic relationships with whoever is in power. Union officials do not tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Disinterested policy insight isn’t something they offer. And politicians who pretend otherwise are trying to mislead you.

No doubt about it . . . Union officials are liars . . . can't go by their claim that a wall would help.

Unlike union officials, Congress people tell the truth. They are not self-interested nor politically motivated as are union officials.

No doubt those Democrat Representatives are not politically motivated.

There we go. Mr. Hurd has the total and perfect answer. Mr. Trump should jump the wall thing and latch onto the fiber optics solution. I'm sure Ms. Pelosi and Mr. Schumer will support Mr. Trump on this perfect all-encompassing solution. And it will, somehow, not aggravate the legals-who-overstay problem which a wall would do. And I thought that Mr. Trump said that other stuff, like the drones and fiber optics would be part of an overall solution. But, anyway, he's a liar.

And, unlike a wall, this fiber optics and stuff solution will not just "focus on the symptom (illegal immigration) rather" it will focus on "the problem (employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens)"
. . . right?
Old 02-13-2019, 12:04 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Rounding errors got us to a record deficit, budgets are controlled either by ensuring creep does not occur or by chopping off whole parts. This is a massive increase with no proven benefit. Now, true to form, you'll spout some rhetoric about how I shouldn't care because whatabout.
Where did I say you said every border patrol folk is for the wall, I gave you some reasoning for why this might not be a valid reason to jump on this train.
Why does not a single representative from any district on the entire Mexican border support a WALL?

"Paul, doesnit mean anything to you, that all the border patrol agents i’ve seen, including the man who led the entire border patrol under obama, say the wall will help"

You didn't start the thread and you don't control the direction, though you certainly want to make sure all agree with you or else.
"Rounding errors got us to a record deficit,"

Fine, so if your issue is the money, would you be OK with the wall if we funded it by cutting 5B in waste from elsewhere in the budget?

"This is a massive increase with no proven benefit."

We know exactly what the benefit was, where previous walls were put up - San Diego, El Paso, Yuma. Sure there is some speculation, but most federal spending is done without a guarantee of an exact, tangible benefit. We aren't a bank lending money. We spend much on social programs which we hope helps people.

If you reject public policy that doesn't have a "proven benefit", you must also reject climate change programs, as those proposed benefits are far, far from "proven".

You walked into that one.

"Why does not a single representative from any district on the entire Mexican border support a WALL?"

Ted Cruz does, he represents the entire state. Maybe the ones you are referring to, care more about politics than they care about solving problems.

When the right points to actual, irrefutable benefits that have been realized in places that built the walls, and the left 's best response(and they supported walls in 2013) now says that walls are racist and don't work, the argument is over. The left isn't even trying to make any kind of rational argument. A wall isn't racist. Not when Trump says he wants to increase legal immigration.

"you don't control the direction, though you certainly want to make sure all agree with you or else"

Wrong. I know I can't persuade the Kool Aid drinkers, I'm just pointing out the absurdity of the arguments.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:31 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"Rounding errors got us to a record deficit,"

Fine, so if your issue is the money, would you be OK with the wall if we funded it by cutting 5B in waste from elsewhere in the budget?

"This is a massive increase with no proven benefit."

The populated areas already have walls

We know exactly what the benefit was, where previous walls were put up - San Diego, El Paso, Yuma. You forgot San Antonio, ask Trump Sure there is some speculation, but most federal spending is done without a guarantee of an exact, tangible benefit. We aren't a bank lending money. We spend much on social programs which we hope helps people.

If you reject public policy that doesn't have a "proven benefit", you must also reject climate change programs, as those proposed benefits are far, far from "proven".

You walked into that one. You walked into that one, since the reason that you claimed repeatedly that climate change is not to be worried about is because it is not proven.

"Why does not a single representative from any district on the entire Mexican border support a WALL?"

Ted Cruz does, he represents the entire state. Maybe the ones you are referring to, care more about politics than they care about solving problems. So you think that the representatives who have the closest relationships to their constituents care more about politics than the effect on the people they represent?

When the right points to actual, irrefutable benefits that have been realized in places that built the walls, and the left 's best response(and they supported walls in 2013) now says that walls are racist and don't work, the argument is over. The left isn't even trying to make any kind of rational argument. A wall isn't racist. Not when Trump says he wants to increase legal immigration.
That is the biggest lie he has ever put out, you really need to look into that one.

"you don't control the direction, though you certainly want to make sure all agree with you or else"

Wrong. I know I can't persuade the Kool Aid drinkers, I'm just pointing out the absurdity of the arguments.
You forgot this.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-13-2019, 01:42 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
You forgot this.
"The populated areas already have walls"

If that's true, why do so many agents, including the guy Obama picked to run the Border Patrol, as well as democrats before Trump was elected, all say that a wall will help?

"You forgot San Antonio, ask Trump "

Please explain...

"since the reason that you claimed repeatedly that climate change is not to be worried about is because it is not proven."

WRONG. We have the statistics in places like San Diego and El Paso and Yuma before and after the wall. We have actual, real, empirical evidence with walls. With climate change it's speculation, and we know that nothing they have predicted so far, has actually happened. So their speculation abilities are suspect. So they have to lose some credibility for being so wrong, so often.

"So you think that the representatives who have the closest relationships to their constituents care more about politics than the effect on the people they represent?"

Quite possibly. I don't trust politicians as a rule. And anyone who says something as stupid as "barriers don't work", especially when that person said the opposite the day before Trump got elected, has zero credibility.

"That is the biggest lie he has ever put out, you really need to look into that one."

Wow, you know Trump was lying when he said he wants more legal immigration. How might you know that?

As to the statement you don't understand. There is a man, can't recall his name, who was picked by Obama to head the border patrol. Trump fired him. So as you'd expect, this man has said he likes Obama and doesn't like Trump. But he says the wall will be a big help. This is the man Obama selected to head the Border Patrol, so maybe he knows something about this.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:06 PM   #21
DZ

Something is definitely up with DOD budgets. We've been on a "no spend" /cut budget order since the new year. Be interesting to see what is happening.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:14 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Show me a populated area without a barrier
Crime went up after they built the wall in elpaso
Trump said the wall in San Antonio cut crime, there’s no wall in San Antonio it’s 100 miles from the border
The right wing of the Republican Party will never let him pass increased immigration and it’s a total about face for him from last spring
Old 02-13-2019, 02:28 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump said the wall in San Antonio cut crime, there’s no wall in San Antonio it’s 100 miles from the border
The right wing of the Republican Party will never let him pass increased immigration and it’s a total about face for him from last spring
was it white collar crime that went up
in El Paso? or illegal crossings, or crimes committed by illegals.

you’re all over the place. first you said walls work where there are people, but all those areas have walls. then you said walls don’t work. then you said they are too expensive.

the notion that barriers aren’t helpful at keeping people
on one side
from getting to the other side, is absurd.

if all areas that would
benefit from the wall already have walls, it would
make sense not to expand. but that’s not what Pelosi and Schumer have said, they are saying walls don’t work. and that they’re racist to boot. and according to Beto Oroarke, walls are also murderers.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:30 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
show me some data to suggest that republicans won’t let him increase legal immigration, especially if it’s accompanied by a decrease in the number of illegals. the
moderates control
the gop, not the extremists. its the democrats who are run by zealots.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:48 PM   #25
PaulS

Quote:
the
moderates control
the gop, not the extremists. its the democrats who are run by zealots.
That is the funniest statement I have read today. Reagon would never be elected w/today's Repbu party.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:52 PM   #26
scottw

Quote:
Reagon would never be elected w/today's Repbu party.
that's the dumbest thing I've read today.....
Old 02-13-2019, 03:31 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
was it white collar crime that went up
in El Paso? or illegal crossings, or crimes committed by illegals.

CRIME.

you’re all over the place. first you said walls work where there are people, but all those areas have walls. then you said walls don’t work. then you said they are too expensive.

the notion that barriers aren’t helpful at keeping people
on one side
from getting to the other side, is absurd.

if all areas that would
benefit from the wall already have walls, it would
make sense not to expand. but that’s not what Pelosi and Schumer have said, they are saying walls don’t work. and that they’re racist to boot. and according to Beto Oroarke, walls are also murderers.
No, I'm not all over the place.
Pelosi and Schumer said MORE walls don't work.
You can only cite anecdotal evidence that walls work, that Trump says they do or that agents say it will help.
Arrests of Illegals crossing the southern border dropped from 1.6 MILLION in 2000 to roughly 400 THOUSAND last year.

The drop in illegal crossings has minimal relationship with barriers of any kind, and far more to do with economic and societal conditions.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-13-2019, 04:49 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
That is the funniest statement I have read today. .
Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell, compared to Pelosi and Schumer? And Trump is barely a conservative.

We have our zealots in the GOP, they don't run the party.

Look at who the nominees are on the democratic side right now, all trying to out-left each other.

Maybe it was a funny statement. For damn sure it's true.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:47 PM   #29
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
that's the dumbest thing I've read today.....
I usually say that multiple times when I read your posts.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:48 PM   #30
PaulS

Quote:
Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell, compared to Pelosi and Schumer? And Trump is barely a conservative.

We have our zealots in the GOP, they don't run the party.

Look at who the nominees are on the democratic side right now, all trying to out-left each other.

Maybe it was a funny statement. For damn sure it's true.
Look at the number of people in the freedom caucus versus the number of socialist. I would agree with you if some of the things that those few socialists are proposing get passed into law.

Last edited by PaulS; 02-13-2019 at 06:00 PM..