Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-21-2018, 11:11 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Ford's demands are out

Dr Ford's attorneys have submitted their list of demands to the Senate, demands that must be met if she agrees to testify. Some are absolutely reasonable (there must be adequate security).

Some are laughable, absurd, asinine. Ford says that Kavanaugh must testify first. Then she will testify.

In other words, Ford is demanding that Kavanaugh NOT BE ALLOWED to respond, under oath, to the specifics of her allegation. She is demanding that Kavanaugh not be allowed to confront his accuser, not even to confront her accusation. She expects him to testify, without knowing the details of her accusation. How do you defend yourself against an accusation, without knowing the specifics of what you've been accused of?

Are these people insane?

Earth to Professor Ford, you aren't the one who dictates these protocals. They probably made the list asinine enough to ensure that the Senate refuses, then they can go on the attack, saying that the Judiciary committee didn't care enough about Dr Ford to agree to her simple demands.

Another demand, that she and Kavanaugh each only be allowed to speak for the same exact amount of time? How does that make any sense?
Old 09-21-2018, 11:39 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Maybe they got advice from Rudy Giuliani.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2018, 11:46 AM   #3
Nebe

I’ve got my popcorn ready.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-21-2018, 11:47 AM   #4
spence

It's pretty impressive to see how Ford's attorney is out maneuvering the Republican Senators.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:58 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's pretty impressive to see how Ford's attorney is out maneuvering the Republican Senators.
oh yes, they really have grassley on the ropes!

you are precious.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:59 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I’ve got my popcorn ready.
he probably gets confirmed next week, then we’ll see how
much the voters hold the gop accountable for rushing, and how much they hold the democrats responsible for this farce.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:02 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Meanwhile feinstein, who started all of this, is backpedaling, making sure we all know that she isn’t saying the accusation is truthful.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:14 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Rumour is the Republicans have made a counter offer.
Maybe she is a great negotiator also

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2018, 12:37 PM   #9
PaulS

if you have an actual hearing instead of a charade you wouldn't have these problems.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:27 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
if you have an actual hearing instead of a charade you wouldn't have these problems.
Charade, huh? The Republicans are trying to get Ford to testify, they even agreed to fly to CA and do it on her home. Not good enough.

The accuser cannot remember WHAT YEAR the assault took place, or at what location. That's the charade.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:15 PM   #11
PaulS

Yes, it is a charade when the FBI can investigate (like they did with A Hill) but the Pres. won't ask them too. Looks like McConnell is waiting for the "hearing" to make his mind up (HAHAHAHA)

"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell clearly doesn’t think the sexual assault allegations against Judge Brett Kavanaugh will be anything more than a stumbling block on his path to confirmation to the Supreme Court.

“President Trump has nominated a stunningly successful individual. You’ve watched the fight. You’ve watched the tactics, but here’s what I want to tell you: in the very near future Judge Kavanaugh will be on the United States Supreme Court,” the Kentucky Republican said."
Old 09-21-2018, 02:19 PM   #12
wdmso

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
The radical left lawyers want the FBI to get involved NOW. Why didn’t someone call the FBI 36 years ago?

I want dates and times

Trump always helpful the GOP has a stoic History with sexual assault and how they view rape
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DnoZN52V4AAmyMZ.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	65581  
Old 09-21-2018, 02:30 PM   #13
Jim in CT

paul, isnit also a charade when a us senator, a leading candidate for the democratic presidential nomination, says that he’s Spartacus?
Old 09-21-2018, 02:43 PM   #14
PaulS

But I thought you Republicans are so much better than the Democrats. And what does that have to do with the hearing being a charade?
Old 09-21-2018, 03:19 PM   #15
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
But I thought you Republicans are so much better than the Democrats. And what does that have to do with the hearing being a charade?
Lol
Old 09-21-2018, 03:19 PM   #16
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
paul, isnit also a charade when a us senator, a leading candidate for the democratic presidential nomination, says that he’s Spartacus?
So you're more concerned with a little dramatization over the Republicans impeding the job of the judicial committee?
Old 09-21-2018, 03:36 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
So you're more concerned with a little dramatization over the Republicans impeding the job of the judicial committee?
feinstein held onto the letter for weeks, the democrats leaked her name to the media, the gop has postponed twice to accommodate Ford, any of that wrong?
Old 09-21-2018, 03:48 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Women who attended Christine Blasey Ford's high school have delivered a letter in support of her to senators as she faces scrutiny over her accusation that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted when they were teens.

Organizers say more than 1,000 women from the school signed the letter. The women say they believe Ford, calling her accusation "all too consistent with stories we heard and lived" while going to the Holton-Arms School in Bethesda, Maryland.

Some of the women who signed the letter delivered it personally Thursday to Sen. Shelley Moore Capito, a West Virginia Republican who also graduated from the Holton-Arms School.

Alumna Alexis Goldstein says word of the letter spread through social media and personal networks. She describes Ford as courageous.

Kavanaugh has denied Ford's accusation.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2018, 04:53 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Women who attended Christine Blasey Ford's high school have delivered a letter in support of her to senators as she faces scrutiny over her accusation that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted when they were teens.

Organizers say more than 1,000 women from the school signed the letter. The women say they believe Ford, calling her accusation "all too consistent with stories we heard and lived" while going to the Holton-Arms School in Bethesda, Maryland.

Some of the women who signed the letter delivered it personally Thursday to Sen. Shelley Moore Capito, a West Virginia Republican who also graduated from the Holton-Arms School.

Alumna Alexis Goldstein says word of the letter spread through social media and personal networks. She describes Ford as courageous.

Kavanaugh has denied Ford's accusation.
consistent with stories about kavanaugh? if not, bfd.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:34 PM   #20
spence

I love it, just draw things out and let trump tweet and republican lawmakers say stupid things.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:53 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump shows his empathy again stating if she had endured such an assault, she surely would have reported it to police or her parents. Either he is just clueless, or as I suspect, he doesn’t fing care; it’s all about getting his man seated. Having first hand experience I know women and men (just ask the Catholic Church) who suffer sexual assaults routinely don’t tell anyone. You think his comments about what happened at school stayed in school might be telling?
Old 09-21-2018, 05:59 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Does anyone think this will affect the midterms?
To whose benefit?
Old 09-22-2018, 05:26 AM   #23
fishbones

Quote:
In what universe?

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 09-22-2018, 06:55 AM   #24
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
The radical left lawyers want the FBI to get involved NOW. Why didn’t someone call the FBI 36 years ago?

I want dates and times

Trump always helpful the GOP has a stoic History with sexual assault and how they view rape
OccupyDemocrats, Infowars, and Russian Bot / Agitprop are the unsuitable material to put on here.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-22-2018, 07:54 AM   #25
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
OccupyDemocrats, Infowars, and Russian Bot / Agitprop are the unsuitable material to put on here.
All statement in the meme are factual just because the meme had a OccupyDemocrats, dosen't change that but i found one with out an occupy democrats tag .

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/personal-foul/

I do do my due diligence
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpeg
Views:	448
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	65582  

Last edited by wdmso; 09-22-2018 at 08:03 AM..
Old 09-22-2018, 11:07 AM   #26
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
All statement in the meme are factual just because the meme had a OccupyDemocrats, dosen't change that but i found one with out an occupy democrats tag .

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/personal-foul/

I do do my due diligence
It’s one thing for people to think you are an idiot but another thing entirely to prove it by posting stuff like that.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 09-22-2018, 11:09 AM   #27
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

The bar is low, Wayne. Shall we do comparison's on stupid things Dem politicians have said regarding this?

Ya know, OccupyDems, Infowars and Russian Bots, like a stopped clock, can still be occasionally correct. Does not make them right, or good and fair arbiters of truth and justice.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-22-2018, 12:32 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Does anyone think this will affect the midterms?
To whose benefit?
that is the million dollar question. we will know in a few weeks.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:45 PM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
It’s one thing for people to think you are an idiot but another thing entirely to prove it by posting stuff like that.
Sadly none of it bothers you .... that in itself is telling
Old 09-22-2018, 02:49 PM   #30
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
The bar is low, Wayne. Shall we do comparison's on stupid things Dem politicians have said regarding this?

Ya know, OccupyDems, Infowars and Russian Bots, like a stopped clock, can still be occasionally correct. Does not make them right, or good and fair arbiters of truth and justice.

why not if has been spoken it fair to show the comparison . my post had zero to do with OccupyDems, Infowars and Russian Bots, or their credibility

just pointing out what the right has had to say on the issue of Rape and sexual assault .. which happen to be factual