Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-05-2016, 07:13 PM   #91
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So can you inform us of all the significant cases where "peasants" were prosecuted for unintentional mishandling of intelligence information?
You don't need to show intent. She showed gross negligence.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-05-2016, 07:57 PM   #92
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Huh? Legally speaking this story is dead.
Huh?
The FBI stated it was illegal but legally speaking the story is dead , HUH?

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:04 PM   #93
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I just listened to the FBI briefing. The director said explicitly, that they found dozens of emails that were flagged as classified (or something like that) at the time she sent them to her personal server. Again, I'm not expert on these things, but doesn't that mean she lied? Hasn't her defense been all along, that she sent nothing that was classified at the time it was sent?

Yes it shows she has a nose bigger than Pinocchio, and this is the person half of our country wants as POTUS

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:05 PM   #94
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
That's not how the law works.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:10 PM   #95
Jim in CT

Quote:
Not necessarily, you could easily pass along an email thread containing classified information without even knowing it.

I've read that one "should have known" incident was discussing a public NYT article about drone strikes simply because the drone program was classified. Big whoop...

I'm glad they did the detailed investigationand that they found no evidence of intentional wrongdoing or cover up...conspiracy theories be dammed. You should also put the FBI comments on context of the IG report calling out lax information handling at State well before Clinton.

Fundamentally there's not a lot of new info here aside from the fact that the issue isn't worthy of prosecution...
You are completely out of your gourd. She said that 0 emails were flagged as classified or higher, when she sent. There were over 100. The FBI director said no reasonable person could have failed to know they were being reckless. She's a pathological liar.

But when you won't concede she lied about the sniper attack, I guess denying that she lied here is nothing.

The FBI has concluded that she was extremely careless with the handling of sensitive information.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:13 PM   #96
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Because I like you I'll give you a mulligan. This is your oppy to bring some game...do it!
John Deutsch
Sandy Berger

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-05-2016, 08:36 PM   #97
buckman

Quote:
Yes it is
Old 07-05-2016, 09:14 PM   #98
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
This is a quote from the FBI director today....

"Our investigation looked at whether there is evidence classified information was improperly stored or transmitted on that personal system, in violation of a federal statute making it a felony to mishandle classified information either intentionally or in a grossly negligent way, or a second statute making it a misdemeanor to knowingly remove classified information from appropriate systems or storage facilities."

What part of "violation of a federal statute making it a felony to mishandle classified information.....in a grossly negligent way" don't you understand????

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-06-2016, 04:14 AM   #99
wdmso

As I suspected Some are unable to accept she didn't commit a crime and is not going to jail and this saddens them .. for me the issues has never been what she and her people did wasn't stupid or irresponsible and I dont disagree with those who feel that way .. My argument has always against the Jail time crowd like birthers no mater the evidence it's in their heads

I only hope that those who hate Hillary would put the same effort looking into the Donald and his Trustworthiness experience his knowledge of world politics his Maybe Crimes and temperament to be POTUS.. and have the same frank conversation ..just an idea
Old 07-06-2016, 06:53 AM   #100
DZ

Quote:
So can you inform us of all the significant cases where "peasants" were prosecuted for unintentional mishandling of intelligence information?
Spence - believe me as I have worked in this field all my working life. I've known plenty of examples where a silly mistake with classified information even with no "intent" has resulted in loss of job, security clearance, and those involved can never pass a background check again for government work. My guess is someone in Hillary's state dept office will be the fall guy and lose their job to protect her. I mean how can a potential POTUS not pass a background check?

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:10 AM   #101
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
As I suspected Some are unable to accept she didn't commit a crime and is not going to jail
That's not what the FBI determined at all however it does sadden me that she won't be going to jail ....for this crime at least .
I'm holding out hope that karma and justice eventually catch up to her .
Question ... Does it sadden you that she lied through her teeth ?
Old 07-06-2016, 07:23 AM   #102
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
As I suspected Some are unable to accept she didn't commit a crime and is not going to jail and this saddens them .. for me the issues has never been what she and her people did wasn't stupid or irresponsible and I dont disagree with those who feel that way .. My argument has always against the Jail time crowd like birthers no mater the evidence it's in their heads

I only hope that those who hate Hillary would put the same effort looking into the Donald and his Trustworthiness experience his knowledge of world politics his Maybe Crimes and temperament to be POTUS.. and have the same frank conversation ..just an idea

Comey said she broke laws and the laws she broke are felonies, he said he did not have something that was prosecutable.

BTW - a lot of us that think Hillary is unfit to be president feel Trump is unfit to be president. So get off your high horse.

Last edited by JohnR; 07-06-2016 at 08:36 AM..

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-06-2016, 07:34 AM   #103
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Comey said she broke laws and the laws she broke are felonies, he said he did not have something that was prosecutable.

BTW - a lot of us that think Hillary is unfit to be president feet Trump is unfit to be president. So get off your high horse.
And isn't the FBI basically making the case she lied under oath ?
Old 07-06-2016, 07:36 AM   #104
detbuch

Quote:

Most of the anti-Hillary posters also believed that she would not be indicted, so that was accepted beforehand. Comay didn't say she didn't commit a crime. He said, essentially, that the evidence wasn't strong enough to successfully prosecute. The reason for that could be political as well as evidential since the Justice Dept. would have to prosecute. What he did say about what she did is very damning. For those of us who don't believe her, and Comay pointed out her obvious lies in the matter, the evidence he presented did show she violated the statute. But recommending indictment then having her acquitted by the Justice Dept. would not make the FBI look good.

The anti-Hilary posters all have, looked negatively into the Donald's reputation, but a choice has to be made. Hillary already has a political resume which is one of failed policies and a rigid temperament to stick to and defend those policies, which should be enough to say no to her.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:45 AM   #105
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

For those of us who don't believe her, and Comay pointed out her obvious lies in the matter, the evidence he presented did show she violated the statute. But recommending indictment then having her acquitted by the Justice Dept. would not make the FBI look good.

better to have tried and failed, then not having tried at all.

Now they look worse to people like me who are not asleep

Old 07-06-2016, 08:52 AM   #106
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
What part of "violation of a federal statute making it a felony to mishandle classified information.....in a grossly negligent way" don't you understand????
He didn't say that was the finding, that was the initial inquiry...which they found didn't have sufficient evidence to prosecute.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:57 AM   #107
spence

Quote:
John Deutsch
Sandy Berger
Deutsch? Nothing happened, he's still in good standing.

Berger? There you have intentional theft of classified material, lying about the theft and destruction of the documents. And for all that he got a slap on the wrist.

Swing, and a miss...
Old 07-06-2016, 10:47 AM   #108
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
This is not what Comey said.

Quote:
"In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here."
i.e. the felony standard for gross negligence was not met.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:52 AM   #109
buckman

Quote:
This is not what Comey said.

i.e. the felony standard for gross negligence was not met.
Extreme carelessness !!
That is the definition of gross negligence .
Old 07-06-2016, 10:54 AM   #110
spence

Quote:
He did not, specifically he said there was evidence of "potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information."

That's not the same thing as saying Clinton committed a felony.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:00 AM   #111
fishbones

Quote:
Deutsch? Nothing happened, he's still in good standing...
Nothing happened? He lost his security clearance, which was unprecedented for someone in his position. And he was negotiating a plea deal with prosecutors at the time he was pardoned by President Clinton. By the way, no one from the CIA was consulted or informed that he was going to be pardoned on Clintons last day in office. I certainly wouldn't say he's in good standing.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 07-06-2016, 11:20 AM   #112
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
He didn't say that was the finding, that was the initial inquiry...which they found didn't have sufficient evidence to prosecute.
He stated that classified material WAS found on her server....

So SOMEONE is guilty of intentionally or negligently mis-handling classified material.

So who is it???

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-06-2016, 11:45 AM   #113
Jim in CT

Now her camp is saying they may keep lynch as ag? If that's true, Hilary has tons of contempt for all of us. Is she that brazen?
Old 07-06-2016, 12:08 PM   #114
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
Spence - believe me as I have worked in this field all my working life. I've known plenty of examples where a silly mistake with classified information even with no "intent" has resulted in loss of job, security clearance, and those involved can never pass a background check again for government work. My guess is someone in Hillary's state dept office will be the fall guy and lose their job to protect her. I mean how can a potential POTUS not pass a background check?
and

I would venture to say she would not be able to pass a Top Secret Clearance Test at this point and how can you elect a candidate for President that doesn't have one?

" Choose Life "
Old 07-06-2016, 12:12 PM   #115
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
He stated that classified material WAS found on her server....

So SOMEONE is guilty of intentionally or negligently mis-handling classified material.

So who is it???
Considering the IG report showed a history of sloppy information handling well before Clinton, the amount of classified information was fairly low, there isn't any malicious intent and that it doesn't appear anything bad is known to happen as a result...I doubt we'll ever know.

It's not like they're going to go make an example of people when the policies have already been tightened up.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:21 PM   #116
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
I'm note sure that's such a clean cut decision. Executives are often given more wiggle room on matters like this out of respect for the weight and complexities of their responsibilities...and in this case responsibilities born out of public service rather than shareholders.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:09 PM   #117
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Now her camp is saying they may keep lynch as ag? If that's true, Hilary has tons of contempt for all of us. Is she that brazen?
It's called a bribe .
If Hillary gets in she will nominate Obama and then Lynch for SCJ
Old 07-06-2016, 01:11 PM   #118
buckman

Quote:
I'm note sure that's such a clean cut decision. Executives are often given more wiggle room on matters like this out of respect for the weight and complexities of their responsibilities...and in this case responsibilities born out of public service rather than shareholders.
"Public Service " lmao
Yea she only got mega mega wealthy off her " public service "
Old 07-06-2016, 01:11 PM   #119
DZ

Quote:
So you agree that would be a double standard?

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:03 PM   #120
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Nothing happened? He lost his security clearance, which was unprecedented for someone in his position. And he was negotiating a plea deal with prosecutors at the time he was pardoned by President Clinton. By the way, no one from the CIA was consulted or informed that he was going to be pardoned on Clintons last day in office. I certainly wouldn't say he's in good standing.
It looks like it was temporarily Suspended and he got it back. His case does appear to be a bit different though, Deutsch was routinely using non-classified systems to knowingly process large volumes of classified information. It was intentional, not a small volume of classified information spilling into an unclassified system which from what I understand is quite common.