Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-25-2017, 02:37 PM   #1
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Right, but it was OK for Obama to grandstand on dead bodies in order to push his gun control agenda every time there was a tragedy . Bull#^&#^&#^&#^& double standard as usual
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Did you see me on here praising Obama's every speech? There are times when they went too far pushing that message, absolutely, although you could argue that is also a fairly pertinent time to discuss that topic.

Two wrongs don't make a right, can't any Trumpers admit that yup Trump gave a stupid speech at the BSA. Obama (yes I know it was videotaped) gave a nice, succinct speech on the positives and legacy of the BSA and wished them a great next 100 years. Trump couldn't even mention loyalty without saying 'we need more of that (wink wink Jeff Sessions)'

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 07-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
can't any Trumpers admit that yup Trump gave a stupid speech at the BSA.
Can't anybody admit that maybe he gave a decent speech, but said a few things that would have been better off left out.

By the way....not even close to being a "Trumper"

Was it more stupid to bring up politics at the scout jamboree, or to bring up blacks that were shot at the memorial service of 4 dallas officers that were killed?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-25-2017, 04:40 PM   #3
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Can't anybody admit that maybe he gave a decent speech, but said a few things that would have been better off left out.

Was it more stupid to bring up politics at the scout jamboree, or to bring up blacks that were shot at the memorial service of 4 dallas officers that were killed?
The point is that he can't help himself where if he is giving a good speech he needs to Veer off and start saying stupid stuff. When he reads from the teleprompter you can tell every time when he ad libs whether it's a word or two. He just cannot help himself. Comparing president Trump to any prior president and trying to defend his stupid speeches versus their stupid speeches would be a total waste of time.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:40 AM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The point is that he can't help himself where if he is giving a good speech he needs to Veer off and start saying stupid stuff. When he reads from the teleprompter you can tell every time when he ad libs whether it's a word or two. He just cannot help himself. Comparing president Trump to any prior president and trying to defend his stupid speeches versus their stupid speeches would be a total waste of time.
The point is that this is such a Non-story its ridiculous.

BSA spends it entire time trying to turn boys into fine young men and productive citizens, to be self reliant, and to make sound decisions based on an appreciation of a core set of values....

But Trump talks about politics in front of them and all of a sudden "They're only boys"

well, the "Boys" handled it in a very grownup fashion....which is more than I can say for a lot of other people losing their $hit over it this week.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:52 AM   #5
PaulS

Quote:
The point is that this is such a Non-story its ridiculous.After 8 years of hearing how Obama visited 57 states, pictures of him in mom jeans and outrage over how he would greet a foreign leader (and ever other petty, whiney thing the right could think of) it seems like commenting on our Pres. Trump's constant lying and continued crying about the loser in the last elections is off limits

BSA spends it entire time trying to turn boys into fine young men, productive citizens, self reliant, and to make sound decisions based on an appreciation of a core set of values....

But Trump talks about politics in front of them and all of a sudden "They're only boys" The point is he can't separate anything from politics. He constantly whines about Obama and Clinton.

well, the "Boys" handled it in a very grownup fashion....which is more than I can say for a lot of other people losing their $hit over it this week.
I can't recall you saying anyone was losing there $#^&#^&#^&#^& when the right here was posting petty, whiney, childish things about Pres. Obama (and I'm not talking about legitimate political complaints). - Do a search how much time was spent talking about how much golf he played or vac. he took.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:26 AM   #6
scottw

I'd make fun of Trump if he wore Mom jeans or said he visited 57 states

Obama and Clinton constantly blamed their predecessors for everything...it's become custom
Old 07-26-2017, 07:56 AM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I can't recall you saying anyone was losing there $#^&#^&#^&#^& when the right here was posting petty, whiney, childish things about Pres. Obama (and I'm not talking about legitimate political complaints).
I betcha I did....I'm an equal opportunity a$$hole

Quote:
The point is he can't separate anything from politics. He constantly whines about Obama and Clinton.
newsflash...he's a politician....that's all any of them talk about. And you do remember a certain president that spent years whining about what Bush left him, right.

Quote:
After 8 years of hearing how Obama visited 57 states, pictures of him in mom jeans and outrage over how he would greet a foreign leader (and ever other petty, whiney thing the right could think of) it seems like commenting on our Pres. Trump's constant lying and continued crying about the loser in the last elections is off limits
hmmmm....

Quote:
Two wrongs don't make a right'
I agree

Old 07-26-2017, 08:24 AM   #8
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
Think of it much like the Dems targeting legal immigrants as potential future voters.
You spelled "undocumented" wrong again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Did he hand out Trump youth knives ? ��
When I see stupid stuff like this I am reminded: A - I am glad I disaffiliate after each election, B: How Trump or some non-Dem will win in 2020.

Yesterday I saw someone yammering away how it was just like a Hitler Youth Rally. Dumb as Eff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Thats never going to happen .. they have amnesia what happen the previous 8 years...
You weren't around here for the Bush years (yes I know you were deployed during some of it). Bu#^&#^&#^&#^&ler (Eben)

Quote:
BSA spends it entire time trying to turn boys into fine young men and productive citizens, to be self reliant, and to make sound decisions based on an appreciation of a core set of values....

But Trump talks about politics in front of them and all of a sudden "They're only boys"

Yeh, an organization that turns kids into better kids. Some people see good leaders and citizens in the making. Others see Nazis, Hitler Youth, and molding killers.

I know a few kids, ahem, young men and future leaders, down there now. Some never would have voted for Trump if of age, some might have. But they will all treat their guests appropriately, regardless if the guest was Trump or Obama.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-26-2017, 09:10 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:

Quote:

Two wrongs don't make a right'

I agree

:
yeah....but three?
Old 07-31-2017, 09:02 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
I can't recall you saying anyone was losing there $#^&#^&#^&#^& when the right here was posting petty, whiney, childish things about Pres. Obama (and I'm not talking about legitimate political complaints). - Do a search how much time was spent talking about how much golf he played or vac. he took.
Paul, I often pointed out the mistakes that Obama made, but with the 57 states thing, I usually commented that anyone will say stupid things when a camera is in front of them 24/7 for years at a time. The reason why I commonly pointed out Obama's meaningless gaffes, was because 95% of the left claimed he was this walks-on-water Messiah, an orator so brilliant that people fainted at his rallies, and how great it was to have a genius in there after 8 years of Bush the village idiot. I did it to show the hypocrisy.

Almost nobody on the left could ever bring themselves to criticize Obama, it was very much like a cult. And people who did criticize him, were accused of racism constantly. On the flip side, tons of people on the right regularly criticize Trump.

Of course there are kooks and blind ideologues on both sides. However, I see way more intellectual honesty on the right. Aside from Sean Hannity, I see very few mindless robots on the right who defend everything he does (except those in his inner circle, obviously).

I think Trump is a reptile in terms of his personal moral compass. But I'd vote for him in a second against Hilary, and probably against any Democrat at this point.

The furor over this speech, shows exactly how predictable, thoughtless, fanatical and close-minded the left is. Trump is living rent-free in all of your heads, and he loves it. You couldn't be doing more to feed his ego.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:30 AM   #11
DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Trump is living rent-free in all of your heads, and he loves it. You couldn't be doing more to feed his ego.
Great line.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:48 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
The point is that he can't help himself where if he is giving a good speech he needs to Veer off and start saying stupid stuff. .
You're right, he can't. No one is denying that. The majority of people who voted for him, seem to be willing to admit his many flaws. That's the difference between this president and the former.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:45 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:

GREAT posts TDF.

Much of Trump's speech was awesome, great stuff directed at the scouts. I heard him telling them to find their passion, and never stop pursuing it. Those were great words.

It would be nice if he could leave the political jabs, and self-congratulations, out of a speech to kids. But that's not who he is.

But to suggest that one needs to "look hard" to find anything positive, appropriate, or non-political in that speech, is absurd.

Some of these Trump haters are going to have a long, long four years.

I think he is morally disgusting. Some of hi speech reflected that. Some of hi speech, as TDF posted, was great. Some of you can't acknowledege that. Which makes you irrational.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:10 PM   #14
wdmso

Quote:

can't any Trumpers admit that yup Trump gave a stupid speech at the BSA. '
Thats never going to happen .. they have amnesia what happen the previous 8 years... some how in 2016 they expect the rules have changed and and feel the POTUS is above reproach and none of his issues are real they are made up by the Deep state and the fake media .

and they believe it all of it . without question

The Trump administration is proposing to completely repeal Obama-era standards governing hydraulic fracturing on federal land.

Trump administration moves closer to undoing overtime pay rule

so much for standing up for and helping the little guy
Old 07-25-2017, 06:40 PM   #15
buckman

Quote:
Thats never going to happen .. they have amnesia what happen the previous 8 years... some how in 2016 they expect the rules have changed and and feel the POTUS is above reproach and none of his issues are real they are made up by the Deep state and the fake media .

The Trump administration is proposing to completely repeal Obama-era standards governing hydraulic fracturing on federal land.

Trump administration moves closer to undoing overtime pay rule

so much for standing up for and helping the little guy
Do you follow "Occupy Democrats " on FB by chance ?
Old 07-26-2017, 06:29 AM   #16
scottw

Quote:

.. they have amnesia what happen the previous 8 years... some how in 2016 they expect the rules have changed and and feel the POTUS is above reproach and none of his issues are real they are made up by the Deep state and the fake media .

this is a great example of "fake news"
Old 07-25-2017, 06:38 PM   #17
buckman

Quote:
Did you see me on here praising Obama's every speech? There are times when they went too far pushing that message, absolutely, although you could argue that is also a fairly pertinent time to discuss that topic.

Two wrongs don't make a right, can't any Trumpers admit that yup Trump gave a stupid speech at the BSA. Obama (yes I know it was videotaped) gave a nice, succinct speech on the positives and legacy of the BSA and wished them a great next 100 years. Trump couldn't even mention loyalty without saying 'we need more of that (wink wink Jeff Sessions)'
I'm still trying to get over the initial shock that the left is now concerned about the Boy Scouts 😂