Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-10-2019, 11:27 AM   #1
wdmso

And what they did was treason."

Mr Trump described the investigation by former FBI director Robert Mueller as "an attempted coup".

Attorney General William Barr meanwhile told lawmakers he believes the Trump campaign was spied on by the FBI.

yep sounds like he want to be a strongman like his strongmen buddies around the world
Old 04-10-2019, 12:15 PM   #2
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Mr Trump described the investigation by former FBI director Robert Mueller as "an attempted coup".

Attorney General William Barr meanwhile told lawmakers he believes the Trump campaign was spied on by the FBI.

yep sounds like he want to be a strongman like his strongmen buddies around the world
So there is no possibility that Barr is right?
Old 04-10-2019, 01:29 PM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

If the FBI had reason to believe there was collusion and there was corrodination between Russia and the Trump campaign, then there would be justification.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-10-2019, 01:58 PM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So there is no possibility that Barr is right?

you mean the Barr that prior to even getting the AG job

argued that the special counsel, Robert Mueller, should not be allowed to demand answers from the president about possible obstruction of justice.

or the Barr When asked in a hearing has the white house seen Mullers report (refused to Answer )

"I feel an obligation to make sure government power is not abused," Barr said. "I think that is one of the principal roles of the attorney general." His boss told him to investigate )no abuse of power there ) but looking into the russians is now a bad thing oh how far republicans have fallen when they think their biggest Threat is from within our own Government ....

US intelligence officials have previously said they were spying on the Russians, not the Trump campaign.

Seems Kraft and Trump have the same issue they both just happened to be there .... now crying it was a set up...

Last edited by wdmso; 04-10-2019 at 02:06 PM..
Old 04-10-2019, 02:17 PM   #5
Sea Dangles

What is this pattern you have linked between Kraft and Trump that suddenly draws your ire?
Old 04-10-2019, 02:26 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
If the FBI had reason to believe there was collusion and there was corrodination between Russia and the Trump campaign, then there would be justification.
"Reason to believe" must be hard evidence. If an investigation is needed in order to find evidence, then, in the first place, there is no "reason to believe, and the search for evidence is a search for a "reason to believe."

And if the investigation concludes that "The evidence does not establish that the President was involved in an underlying crime related to Russian election interference", then their actually was no evidence in the first place that would lead to a "reason to believe," unless one just wanted to believe it, or wanted to make it appear so.

It appears that the investigation was inspired by allegations rather than hard evidence. And it appears that suspicious and illicit methods were used to "spy" on the Trump administration.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:29 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
you mean the Barr that prior to even getting the AG job

argued that the special counsel, Robert Mueller, should not be allowed to demand answers from the president about possible obstruction of justice.

or the Barr When asked in a hearing has the white house seen Mullers report (refused to Answer )

"I feel an obligation to make sure government power is not abused," Barr said. "I think that is one of the principal roles of the attorney general." His boss told him to investigate )no abuse of power there ) but looking into the russians is now a bad thing oh how far republicans have fallen when they think their biggest Threat is from within our own Government ....

US intelligence officials have previously said they were spying on the Russians, not the Trump campaign.

Seems Kraft and Trump have the same issue they both just happened to be there .... now crying it was a set up...
So you don't believe there is a possibility that Barr is right?
Old 04-10-2019, 02:32 PM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Courts already ruled on this, Barr’s statements seem more political in nature, which is what people were concerned about after seeing his letter which was basically an application for the job.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:38 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
Courts already ruled on this, Barr’s statements seem more political in nature, which is what people were concerned about after seeing his letter which was basically an application for the job.
So you don't believe their is a possibility that Barr is right?
Old 04-10-2019, 02:58 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:

we know for a fact the trump campaign ( carter page) was spies on by the fbi. we know that a big justification for the spying, was the garbage dossier paid for bybteam hilary. we know that top DOJ and FBI officials didn’t want trump
to win.

there’s no smoking gun. there’s some disturbing stuff there. alan dershowitz hayes trump, hates him, but called this an attempted coup.

democrats aren’t known for accepting defeat like adults.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
So you don't believe their is a possibility that Barr is right?
When we see the FULL report and get his taxes and follow the money, then the investigation may prove more then justified.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:55 PM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
When we see the FULL report and get his taxes and follow the money, then the investigation may prove more then justified.
And maybe it will prove nothing that you want it to prove. Do you believe there is no possibility that Barr is right?
Old 04-11-2019, 05:58 AM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
What is this pattern you have linked between Kraft and Trump that suddenly draws your ire?
Just seems like an ironic coincidence
Old 04-11-2019, 06:13 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
of course that’s true.

but what if the whole point was that DOJ and FBI officials didn’t like Trump, and really didn’t want him to be President, so they used the mighty power of their positions to go attack him? What if that’s what happened?

Do you remember when Trump claimed his campaign was being bugged, and everybody laughed at him and called him crazy? I do.
Did a single one of those people
apologize?

No. Because orange man b-a-a-a-d (bleating like sheep).
Old 04-11-2019, 06:15 AM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
So you don't believe there is a possibility that Barr is right?
nope the man said Trump couldn't be charged with the crime of obstruction concluded that the special counsel’s evidence was “not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense.”

only congress can deem high crimes and misdemeanors

Attorney General William Barr meanwhile said he believes US authorities did spy on the Trump campaign.

He did not provide evidence for his claims. see that a ot with this administration

then this Attorney General Bill Barr told Congress he's looking into the origins of the Russia investigation. He told members he has no evidence of wrongdoing but some "unanswered questions."

they need to make up their minds
Old 04-11-2019, 10:15 AM   #16
detbuch

Quote:
nope the man said Trump couldn't be charged with the crime of obstruction

He didn't say "couldn't". BTW, if no crime has been established, how can anyone be charged? Charged for something that has not been proven to exist? There was not the required evidence to establish obstruction. If obstruction is not established, how can someone be charged with it?

concluded that the special counsel’s evidence was “not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense.”

Neither did Mueller say that the evidence was "sufficient". Mueller left it up to the DOJ to conclude if it was, and both Barr and Rosenstein (not a Trump partisan) concluded that it was not.

Only Congress can impeach a President. The Mueller investigation did not have the authority to impeach. It determined if there was sufficient evidence to indict on criminal charges. Sufficient evidence was not found. Congress can impeach regardless of what the investigation found or didn't find. Your mixing apples and oranges.

Attorney General William Barr meanwhile said he believes US authorities did spy on the Trump campaign.

He did not provide evidence for his claims. see that a ot with this administration

Why should he? That was not a venue for an investigation. Are you saying that he should have started the investigation right then and there while he was supposed to be testifying on funding?

then this Attorney General Bill Barr told Congress he's looking into the origins of the Russia investigation. He told members he has no evidence of wrongdoing but some "unanswered questions."

Isn't that exactly how the Mueller investigation began? We were told from the beginning that there was no evidence of Trump conspiring with Russia. But there were allegations that needed to be investigated.

I suppose an investigation will help "them" to make up their minds. Apparently, you have made up your mind before the investigation happens and concludes. See that a lot with you.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
nope the man said Trump couldn't be charged with the crime of obstruction concluded that the special counsel’s evidence was “not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense.”

you’re saying there’s no evidence the trump campaign was spied on? it’s public record that Carter paige was spied on. the primary justification for the wiretaps, is the garbage Steele dossier.

Rep Schiff said today that he think we shouldn’t investigate the claim of inappropriate spying. Funny, I’m so old i can remember when he was in favor of special investigations.

i was all in favor of investigating trump, i said so all along. i’m also in favor of determining if the justice dept went on a political witch hunt, in an attempt to overturn a fair election whose outcome they didn’t like. if they did nothing wrong, the investigation will show that. if they did what has been alleged, that means they attempted a coup. i’d think you’d care if that happened.
Old 04-11-2019, 02:09 PM   #18
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you’re saying there’s no evidence the trump campaign was spied on? it’s public record that Carter paige was spied on. the primary justification for the wiretaps, is the garbage Steele dossier.

Rep Schiff said today that he think we shouldn’t investigate the claim of inappropriate spying. Funny, I’m so old i can remember when he was in favor of special investigations.

i was all in favor of investigating trump, i said so all along. i’m also in favor of determining if the justice dept went on a political witch hunt, in an attempt to overturn a fair election whose outcome they didn’t like. if they did nothing wrong, the investigation will show that. if they did what has been alleged, that means they attempted a coup. i’d think you’d care if that happened.
If the FBI are watching a Russian or Russian and you meet with said Russian or Russians was the FBI spying on You? It's that basic
Old 04-11-2019, 02:21 PM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
If the FBI are watching a Russian or Russian and you meet with said Russian or Russians was the FBI spying on You? It's that basic
What Russian were the FBI watching and why?
Old 04-11-2019, 03:22 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
That's true. But what you either are unaware of, or are pretending to be unaware of, is what happened with Carter Page, an American citizen on whom the FBI got a FISA warrant. The application for the warrant (you need probable cause) was the garbage Steele dossier.

So if the FBI had reasonable grounds to spy on Carter Page, and release his name so the networks could say he was a spy, I'm fine with that (though he hasn't been charged with anything). If the FBI made up the probable cause because they didn't want Trump to be President, that's something else.

It's important enough to investigate. I guess you disagree. We see texts from DOJ and FBI officials suggesting that they really, really didn't want Trump to win, and these people did not recuse themselves from the investigations. Of course that's not proof they did anything wrong. But it doesn't look good when the people investigating Trump and Hilary, are so openly hostile to Trump.

But in any event, not only did the Russia probe turn up no charges from the guy (Mueller) who everyone said would have the last word, it did trigger Barr to investigate those who shrieked about Russia collusion. Funny how that worked out, almost ironic in a way?

Noting sweeter, and I mean NOTHING, than watching someone get hoisted by their own petard.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:12 AM   #21
wdmso

Quote:
That's true. But what you either are unaware of, or are pretending to be unaware of, is what happened with Carter Page, an American citizen on whom the FBI got a FISA warrant. The application for the warrant (you need probable cause) was the garbage Steele dossier.

So if the FBI had reasonable grounds to spy on Carter Page, and release his name so the networks could say he was a spy, I'm fine with that (though he hasn't been charged with anything). If the FBI made up the probable cause because they didn't want Trump to be President, that's something else.

It's important enough to investigate. I guess you disagree. We see texts from DOJ and FBI officials suggesting that they really, really didn't want Trump to win, and these people did not recuse themselves from the investigations. Of course that's not proof they did anything wrong. But it doesn't look good when the people investigating Trump and Hilary, are so openly hostile to Trump.

But in any event, not only did the Russia probe turn up no charges from the guy (Mueller) who everyone said would have the last word, it did trigger Barr to investigate those who shrieked about Russia collusion. Funny how that worked out, almost ironic in a way?

Noting sweeter, and I mean NOTHING, than watching someone get hoisted by their own petard.
And he was charged with nothing and you still have no issues with trump's people hanging out with Russians because the didn't get Trump... like I have said captain of the ship.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:13 AM   #22
wdmso

Quote:

And he was charged with nothing and you still have no issues with trump's people hanging out with Russians because the didn't get Trump... like I have said captain of the ship.

But bengiza was Hillary's fault??
Old 04-12-2019, 07:42 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
you dodged my entire point. wdmso, when time
and time again you can’t reapind to what i’m saying, what does that suggest to you?

we investigated the issue of trump using with russia, at least three separate investigations, turned up nothing.

it’s now time
to investigate whether or not the DOJ and FBI attempted a coup, because they disliked Trump. Because i am politically fair, i am
in the enviable
position of saying i support both investigations and i’m happy to accept the consequences of each.

the political zealots on the left loved the investigation of trump, but don’t want an investigation of the DOJ and FBI. it therefore seems that their desire for justice, is selective and politically motivated.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-12-2019 at 07:47 AM..
Old 04-12-2019, 07:46 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
But bengiza was Hillary's fault??

while she was second state, every western nation, plus the red cross, pulled
out of benghazi because it was no longer safe. The americans were told to stay. in addition, we know that ambassador stevens
mad multiple requests for additional
security which were denied.

you deny she has some responsibility for those circumstances?
Old 04-12-2019, 12:09 PM   #25
Jim in CT

the fbi also used an undercover agent to
infiltrate the Trump campaign. if they did this in good faith, fine. if they did this because a few people
at the top
wanted Hilary to win, that’s a serious problem.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:30 PM   #26
wdmso

Quote:
while she was second state, every western nation, plus the red cross, pulled
out of benghazi because it was no longer safe. The americans were told to stay. in addition, we know that ambassador stevens
mad multiple requests for additional
security which were denied.

you deny she has some responsibility for those circumstances?
none.. request are just that request it funny you see that as fault but dont see trump and his people in the same Light

the ambassador is the man in charge and felt he was safe hundreds of miles from the main embassy. his call
Old 04-12-2019, 12:35 PM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
you dodged my entire point. wdmso, when time
and time again you can’t reapind to what i’m saying, what does that suggest to you?

we investigated the issue of trump using with russia, at least three separate investigations, turned up nothing.

it’s now time
to investigate whether or not the DOJ and FBI attempted a coup, because they disliked Trump. Because i am politically fair, i am
in the enviable
position of saying i support both investigations and i’m happy to accept the consequences of each.

the political zealots on the left loved the investigation of trump, but don’t want an investigation of the DOJ and FBI. it therefore seems that their desire for justice, is selective and politically motivated.
typical conservative lets run down the rabbit hole and investigate whether or not the DOJ and FBI attempted a coup, because they disliked Trump.

that's the line from trump since elected discredit all agencies for holding him and his people accountable ...

conspiracies is all your side has the muller investigation has convictions
Old 04-12-2019, 01:19 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
none.. request are just that request it funny you see that as fault but dont see trump and his people in the same Light

the ambassador is the man in charge and felt he was safe hundreds of miles from the main embassy. his call
wow. the ambassador made
multiple requests for extra security, so clearly he did NOT feel he was safe there.

You are a challenging person to debate with. You say it’s his fault for feeling safe, when we know for a fact he requested additional security.

can you please provide an example of me not holding trump and his people in the same light? or was that an unsubstantiated insult because you can’t reapond to what i’m saying?
Old 04-12-2019, 01:27 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
typical conservative lets run down the rabbit hole and investigate whether or not the DOJ and FBI attempted a coup, because they disliked Trump.

that's the line from trump since elected discredit all agencies for holding him and his people accountable ...

conspiracies is all your side has the muller investigation has convictions
i see! so it was legitimate to investigate trump/russia three times in two years. but asking whether or not the DOJ was motivated by politics, is going down a rabbit hole.

i’m in favor of both investigations, to getmto the truth. you only favor investigating trump, and oppose investigating those who called to investigate trump.

so who, between you and me, is consistent? and who is the hypocrite? i favored investigating trump, and said many times that he should
be impeached if he committed an impeachable offense.

why are you afraid of
making sure the DOJ acted appropriately?
Old 04-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #30
DZ

Quote:

Do you have any idea how many politicians hang with Russian nationals? Just about everyone in Washington has a connection with a Russian. You make it sound unusual. It's well known that many Russian diplomats can also be intell gatherers - never the less diplomats serve a purpose in government and pols from both sides work with them on various issues.

Now if Barr decides to investigate if there was Dem collusion into falsely framing the Trump administration and the investigation proves they did - would you support indicting those involved? Simple answer will suffice - yes or no?

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.