Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Boat Fishing & Boating

Boat Fishing & Boating A new forum at Striped-Bass.com for those fishing from boats and for boating in general

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2021, 06:35 AM   #16
Linesider82

I finally had a weekend day without work or baseball, so we hit the CT river yesterday morning at 3AM. There was a ton of sticks and logs which made the dark run to get to where we wanted to be for daybreak a tedious exercise. I managed to not see one about 30" long by the width of a half dollar.... Which really isn't a big deal however it got stuck between the OB and the stern. At a 20 mph plane it was pulling a significant amount water into the boat over the stern. So after finding that we had much better time because our first encounter with the water was "where's all this water from" and had no idea the stick was the culprit.

Got my buddy Jon on his best bass to date at 24# and my buddy Evan on his best Northern Pike at 35 inches. Caught a bunch of schoolies too and the show on the water was fun to watch with bass blitzing herring into the air only to get picked off by bald eagles.

I'll put up a pic or two when I get to the computer.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Linesider82; 05-17-2021 at 09:38 AM..
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote