Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-15-2021, 02:01 PM   #91
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Be very afraid, better put a mirror over your computer so you can see the illegals coming.

There are no nuanced, grownup solutions in Chicken Little Carlson’s head. Just like a bad remake of TFG, there are good guys and bad guys and spikes and monsters and killer alligators and moats around castles.
But it works for the base, create an enemy, vilify them and the base lines up for battle
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Actually, you didn't point out how anything Tucker said was wrong. You just threw some nasty sarcastic shade at him. That's all you got. Fakery.
Old 07-15-2021, 02:21 PM   #92
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Actually, you didn't point out how anything Tucker said was wrong. You just threw some nasty sarcastic shade at him. That's all you got. Fakery.
You think everyone should believe the Swanson Heir, all you got is a bunch of talking heads on YouTube

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-15-2021, 02:56 PM   #93
detbuch

Quote:
You think everyone should believe the Swanson Heir, all you got is a bunch of talking heads on YouTube
They say good stuff that you can't deal with. So you talk, talk, talk. Like a talking head.
Old 07-16-2021, 02:37 PM   #94
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
They say good stuff that you can't deal with. So you talk, talk, talk. Like a talking head.
Actually they say a bunch of stuff that fits your narrative.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-16-2021, 04:28 PM   #95
detbuch

Quote:
Actually they say a bunch of stuff that fits your narrative.
What narrative?
Old 07-17-2021, 11:50 AM   #96
detbuch

Analysis: Biden’s Policies to Drive 1.7 Million Illegal Immigrants to US in 2021
BY TOM OZIMEK July 17, 2021 Updated: July 17, 2021

A new analysis by Steven Kopits, head of Princeton Policy Advisors, a think tank, projects that immigration officials could encounter nearly 1.7 million people seeking to enter the United States illegally by the end of 2021, with Kopits blaming the Biden administration’s “open border” policies.

The analysis comes after federal immigration officials announced that they had apprehended 188,829 people illegally crossing the southwest border in June, up from 180,034 in May. The figure includes more than 15,000 unaccompanied minors, over 55,000 family units, and over 117,000 single adults.

“The only way to achieve such stratospheric numbers is by a deliberate policy of holding the border open,” Kopits wrote in the analysis.

“In all but two of the last twenty-one years, June apprehensions were below May apprehensions,” Kopits wrote. “The case is just the opposite this year, suggesting that extraordinary factors—like an open border—are stimulating continued and counter-seasonal flows of illegal immigration.”

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

In the analysis, Kopits assumes the number of apprehensions will taper off in the balance of the year, similar to what happened several decades ago, although he notes that “apprehensions are showing no signs of doing so at the moment.”

“Our forecast for the balance of [calendar year] 2021 assumes a decrease in apprehensions following the precedent of 2000,” Kopits wrote. “In such an event, apprehensions at the U.S. southwest border would total 1,581,000 for [fiscal year] 2021 and 1,690,000 for calendar year 2021. The fiscal year figure would be the third worst in the historical record, and for the calendar year, the absolute worst in the historical record by nearly 100,000.”

While the number of illegal immigrants who were detected by Border Patrol but evaded capture isn’t released, Border Patrol Chief Raul Ortiz said on June 24 that the number had exceeded 250,000 so far this fiscal year. The number who are not detected and not captured is impossible to estimate.

Since taking office, President Joe Biden has reversed a number of border and asylum policies implemented by the Trump administration, including overturning the Migrant Protection Protocols, which required asylum seekers to wait in Mexico while their claims were processed. Biden has also proposed an immigration bill that would provide a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants living in the United States.

Republicans have blamed Biden’s rollback of Trump-era policies for fueling the border surge, arguing that stricter rules around border security and asylum admissions serve to deter would be illegal immigrants from trying to enter the United States.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/analys...rce=pushengage

Last edited by detbuch; 07-17-2021 at 12:33 PM..
Old 10-08-2021, 05:39 PM   #97
detbuch

Old 10-08-2021, 07:12 PM   #98
Pete F.
Canceled

Be very afraid
Old 10-08-2021, 07:52 PM   #99
detbuch

Quote:
Be very afraid
The truth can be scary. But avoiding it is scarier.
Old 10-08-2021, 08:11 PM   #100
Pete F.
Canceled

Just remember when you’re dead, you’re a dead peckerhead
Old 10-08-2021, 08:42 PM   #101
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Just remember when you’re dead, you’re a dead peckerhead
Ahhhh, keeping it classy as always

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-25-2022, 10:34 PM   #102
detbuch

Ukraine's border is more important than ours. Ukraine's national sovereignty is more important than ours. It is more important to protect Ukraine's border than it is to protect ours:
Old 01-26-2022, 08:52 AM   #103
wdmso

Quote:
Ukraine's border is more important than ours. Ukraine's national sovereignty is more important than ours. It is more important to protect Ukraine's border than it is to protect ours:
Coffee kool aid this morning

Tucker Carlson What a roll model
Old 01-26-2022, 09:01 AM   #104
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Do we have a problem at our southern border? Has it gotten worse since Biden took over?

The southern states will get to voice their opinion on this, in November.
Old 01-26-2022, 11:22 AM   #105
detbuch

Quote:

So you go to media broadcasters for your "roll" modeling? That was actually a fortuitous typo or misspelling. Most legacy media do roll their audience with biased opinions and disinformation.

Tucker does seem to be more equitable than other legacy media commentators. He makes a very revealing comparison of Biden Administration views on Ukraine's border and the U.S. border.

Of course, your response is your usual avoid the message and attack the messenger.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:00 PM   #106
scottw

Quote:
:

good grief...first kid out of the spelling bee
Old 01-26-2022, 02:32 PM   #107
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Old 01-26-2022, 02:59 PM   #108
wdmso

Quote:
So you go to media broadcasters for your "roll" modeling? That was actually a fortuitous typo or misspelling. Most legacy media do roll their audience with biased opinions and disinformation.

Tucker does seem to be more equitable than other legacy media commentators. He makes a very revealing comparison of Biden Administration views on Ukraine's border and the U.S. border.

Of course, your response is your usual avoid the message and attack the messenger.
So what's the message exactly we are being invaded by mexicans

its the same old story people like you on the Right crying

Carlson, the most watched host on Rupert Murdoch’s Fox News, spent all week hosting his show from Budapest and promoting Hungary as a model for America’s future.

like I said Roll model you and your pals can support him over dinner at the Golden Corral All You Can Eat we like Strongmen Buffet
Old 01-26-2022, 03:08 PM   #109
Jim in CT

Quote:

Carlson, the most watched host on Rupert Murdoch’s Fox News, spent all week hosting his show from Budapest and promoting Hungary as a model for America’s future.

like I said Roll model you and your pals can support him over dinner at the Golden Corral All You Can Eat we like Strongmen Buffet
you see no issue at all, with letting in millions of immigrants, and we don’t know who they are, during a pandemic?

they don’t put enormous financial
strain on schools, hospitals, police and fire?

huge amounts of drugs don’t come
in through the southern border?
Old 01-26-2022, 03:11 PM   #110
Jim in CT

Quote:

federal agents near El Paso say they’ve seen a 4,000% increase in fentanyl seizures over the last three years.

four thousand percent.

that’s not a big deal to you?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1272676
Old 01-26-2022, 03:31 PM   #111
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you see no issue at all, with letting in millions of immigrants, and we don’t know who they are, during a pandemic?

can you even try to be honest who is letting in who ? you act as if there is no one on the border

they don’t put enormous financial
strain on schools, hospitals, police and fire? No jim they dont why again do repeat baseless talking points

Jim your characterization of immigrants, as people who drain public resources, is not backed by the data. not surprising

huge amounts of drugs don’t come
in through the southern border? Jim Drugs have always flowed from the southern Border and not a single administration has stemmed the Tide .. As long as Americans wish to Use Illegal Drugs they will still cross basic economics if there's a demand someone will supply

It's All about Image for the GOP and Conservatives! they love selling this image that they are For GOD Country and Family.. it's just a scam

what they actually they are afraid of the other , Voter Turnout ..and afraid of Change...
Old 01-26-2022, 03:32 PM   #112
Jim in CT

Quote:
It's All about Image for the GOP and Conservatives! they love selling this image that they are For GOD Country and Family.. it's just a scam

what they actually they are afraid of the other , Voter Turnout ..and afraid of Change...
how can you say that millions of
illegals ( who dont pay taxes, but whose kids need to go to school, who need subsidized housing and healthcare) arent a financial strain?
Old 01-26-2022, 03:32 PM   #113
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Try going to Canada unvaccinated and see how that works out

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-26-2022, 03:34 PM   #114
Jim in CT

wdmso - drugs have always flowed i. from the southern border.

i posted a story about federal agents who say fentanyl seizures are up 4,000% in the last three years

now i know it’s sort of a requirement that liberals stink at math, but do you grasp what a 4,000% increase means? it means things are way worse now.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:51 PM   #115
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Try going to Canada unvaccinated and see how that works out
EXACTLY. Or Australia.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:51 PM   #116
wdmso

Quote:
federal agents near El Paso say they’ve seen a 4,000% increase in fentanyl seizures over the last three years.

four thousand percent.

why is that Jim why would there be a 4000% increase because AMERICAN want their Drugs ..

I worked in a detox for 20 plus years users Hate what Heroin or Oxy has done to them and their families But they love getting High More
every addict will tell you that..

PS Jim how are they increase in fentanyl seizures if were just letting people In?

our border is like playing Red rover the problem always is the mexicans side (Cartels ) anticipate seizures and flood the Border with shipments ..

But many Americans have no Idea of the size of the southern border or that Each day, more than 1 million people and about $1.7 billion in commerce are processed through official ports of entry or Two-way trade in goods between Mexico and the United States has increased from $81.4 billion in 1993 — the year before the North American Free Trade Agreement took effect — to $557.6 billion in 2017. Mexico has remained the United States’ second-largest export market since 1995, with exports totaling $242 billion in 2017.

Many Americans a just uninformed and its why GOP messaging remains Simplistic at best that's why

Republicans overwhelmingly favor the construction of a wall along the U.S.-Mexican border. But Republicans who live closer to the border are less likely to support the wall than are those who live farther away.

Because they understand how it works

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...exico-matters/
Old 01-26-2022, 03:53 PM   #117
Jim in CT

Quote:

You are right, part of the reason the GOP opposes illegal immigration, is that it helps them politically.

DO you deny that part of the reason that Democrats are OK with illegal immigration, is seeking political advantage? The democrats want to turn TX blue.

But as always with you, it's only bad when republicans do it.

massive illegal immigration also reduces wages. supply and demand. it hurts poor americans.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-26-2022 at 04:18 PM..
Old 01-26-2022, 05:59 PM   #118
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

four thousand percent.

Sounds like drug imports increased during the Trump administration

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-26-2022, 06:24 PM   #119
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

“ In 2018, the Border Patrol in the El Paso sector found just one pound of fentanyl outside ports of entry. In 2019, two pounds. In 2020, nine.

During the 2021 fiscal year, agents have found 41 pounds so far”
Old 01-26-2022, 07:02 PM   #120
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
“ In 2018, the Border Patrol in the El Paso sector found just one pound of fentanyl outside ports of entry. In 2019, two pounds. In 2020, nine.

During the 2021 fiscal year, agents have found 41 pounds so far”
clearly all Trumps fault.