Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 09-11-2021, 04:37 AM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Remember

I can remember the day like it was yesterday. I was working in my home office, came in for a cup of coffee and the TV was still on, so I sat down to have a break and never left that couch for the rest of the day. Had tears in my eyes when the towers came down. So said that the people that risked their lives to save others are now denied health care for lasting impacts due to their heroism that day.

Remember and honor those who served.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 07:23 AM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Same. I am sitting a few feet from where I was that morning when the 2nd plane hit, 10 month old son on my shoulder.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 08:37 AM   #3
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I was just starting to pack up my belongings, after ending a relationship the day before... As the world stopped, so did extricating myself from there. It was not pretty. By 0930, I had confirmed that my sister and BIL's business partner had been on Flight 11....

The deep blue color of the cloudless sky that morning has not been matched since, at least in my mind.

Two days later, after loading my stuff into a storage unit, I drove off towards NYC, with the intention of volunteering in the "rescue" operation. At the NY state border I was stopped by New York State Police and told to turn around and go home. Who knows? If I had been able to follow through, I too might well have come down with one of the multiple cancers or diseases that have taken a majority (?) of the workers who combed through the aftermath.....

Strange to think about what ifs....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 09:12 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

I was at work. We were doing renovations and additions to a technical center.
Started hearing some talk about a plane crash.
There was a TV in the school, at the time I first saw it there was only one tower hit. Then saw the other plane hit. Got worse from there.
We had a worker cut a finger off with a portaband that day, site was half hour from Dartmouth.
He ended up in Albany because Dartmouth was a designated mass disaster hospital. Good news is he still has the finger on his hand.
I remember the clear skies till flights started again.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 09:57 AM   #5
beamie

I was on my ship
The same ship I’m on now as I write
We had departed Guam for Saipan 120 miles away.
Had gone to bed at 2200. Went to the engine room at 0345 to start my
Watch
We were drifting. I said to the second engineer we are here already?? He said haven’t you heard. No what. The world trade centers are on the ground.
Didn’t get back into port for 7 weeks.
Surreal day for sure.
beamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 10:09 AM   #6
spence

Was in a facility that designed spy satellites for the US Gov running a software training class. I didn’t have clearance so they let me in through a back door with no handle into a makeshift area with flashing blue strobes to mark my presence. Given the nature of the work they evacuated immediately. I remember asking if we should continue the next day, response was given what just happened it’s needed more than ever.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 10:49 AM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Maybe this belongs on the political forum, but let’s not forget I think 15 of those motherfers were trained in and came from Saudi Arabia and then after we let a let of nations beat feet and fly home.
Old 09-11-2021, 04:14 PM   #8
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Maybe this belongs on the political forum, but let’s not forget I think 15 of those motherfers were trained in and came from Saudi Arabia and then after we let a let of nations beat feet and fly home.
Well, it's not politics, it's historical fact.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 04:28 PM   #9
wdmso

In the yard putting up a Deck for the pool. I remember the wife saying a plane hit one of the twin towers . I told her it happens a U.S bomber did the same to the Empire State Building or Sears building she paused and said no it was a passenger jet and a 2nd one flew into the other tower ..45 mins later got the call from the company 1st sgt pack you gear and report ASAP ..
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 04:51 PM   #10
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
Well, it's not politics, it's historical fact.
Saudi Arabia on Wednesday issued a preemptive statement of innocence in advance of the expected release this week of previously declassified documents related to the U.S. government's investigation in the Sept. 11 attacks and expressed indignation that accusations persist of its connection to the hijackers.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:16 PM   #11
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

Landlocked fishing the West Branch of the Penobscot, staying at Prays Big Eddy. The generator on my coleman went so I drove into Millinocket to the general store and it was abuzz with talk of an attack on the WTC. Had radio and cell reception in town and made calls to son and GF.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 08:10 PM   #12
Clammer

watched all I could this week & today ..it hurt & angered me to see it

but I felt those brave people deserved it , to be remembered

and hear the stories ,, But also I got really pissed like even now

get the fu ckin planes & drop the biggest there is all over there.............. WTF they don,t value life ><

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 04:43 AM   #13
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Todd: Hello… Operator…listen to me…I can’t speak very loud. – This is an emergency. I’m a passenger on a United flight to San Francisco.. We have a situation here….Our plane has been hijacked…..can you understand me?

Lisa: (exhaling a deep breath to herself) I understand… Can the hijackers see you talking on the phone?

Todd: No

Lisa: Can you tell me how many hijackers are on the plane?

Todd: There are three that we know of.

Lisa: Can you see any weapons? What kind of weapons do they have?

Todd: Yes…. they don’t have guns….they have knives – they took over the plane with knives.

Lisa: Do you mean…like steak knives?

Todd: No, these are razor knives…like box cutters.

Lisa: Can you tell what country these people are from?

Todd: No…..I don’t know. They sound like they’re from the mid-east.

Lisa: Have they said what they want?

Todd: Someone announced from the cockpit that there was a bomb on board. He said he was the captain and to stay in our seats and stay quiet.
He said that they were meeting these men’s demands and returning to the airport… It was very broken English, and… I’m telling you…it sounded fake!

Lisa: Ok sir, please give me your name.

Todd: My name is Todd Beamer.

Lisa: Ok Todd….my name is Lisa…Do you know your flight number? If you can’t remember, it’s on your ticket.

Todd: It’s United Flight 93.

Lisa: Now Todd, can you try to tell me exactly what happened?

Todd: Two of the hijackers were sitting in first class near the cockpit. A third one was sitting near the back of the coach section. The two up. front got into the cockpit somehow; there was shouting. The third hijacker said he had a bomb. It looks like a bomb. He’s got it tied to his waist with a red belt of some kind.

Lisa: So is the door to the cockpit open?

Todd: No, the hijackers shut it behind them.

Lisa: Has anyone been injured?

Todd: Yes, ..they…they killed one passenger sitting in first class. There’s been lots of shouting. We don’t know if the pilots are dead or alive. A flight attendant told me that the pilot and copilot had been forced from the cockpit and may have been wounded.

Lisa: Where is the 3rd hijacker now Todd?

Todd: He’s near the back of the plane. They forced most of the passengers into first class. There are fourteen of us here in the back. Five are flight attendants. He hasn’t noticed that I slipped into this pantry to get the phone. The guy with the bomb ordered us to sit on the floor in the rear of the plane……….oh Jesus.. Help!

Lisa: Todd….are you ok? Tell me what’s happening!

Todd: Hello…..We’re going down….I think we’re going to crash……Wait – wait a minute. No, we’re leveling off….we’re ok. I think we may be turning around…..That’s it – we changed directions. Do you hear me….we’re flying east again.

Lisa: Ok Todd…. What’s going on with the other passengers?

Todd: Everyone is… really scared. A few passengers with cell phones have made calls to relatives. A guy, Jeremy, was talking to his wife just before the hijacking started. She told him that hijackers had crashed two planes into the World Trade Center……Lisa is that true??

Lisa: Todd…..I have to tell you the truth…..it’s very bad. The World Trade Center is gone. Both of the towers have been destroyed.

Todd: Oh God —help us!

Lisa: A third plane was taken over by terrorists. It crashed into the Pentagon in Washington DC. Our country is under attack….and I’m afraid that your plane may be part of their plan.

Todd: Oh dear God. Dear God…….Lisa, will you do something for me?

Lisa: I’ll try….if I can….Yes.

Todd: I want you to call my wife and my kids for me and tell them what’s happened. Promise me you’ll call..

Lisa: I promise – I’ll call.

Todd: Our home number is 201 353-1073…….You have the same name as my wife…Lisa….We’ve been married for 10 years. She’s pregnant with our 3rd child. Tell her that I love her…….(choking up)..I’ll always love her..(clearing throat) We have two boys.. David, he’s 3 and Andrew, he’s 1…..Tell them……(choking) tell them that their daddy loves them and that he is so proud of them. (clearing throat again) Our baby is due January 12th…..I saw an ultra sound…..it was great….we still don’t know if it’s a girl or a boy………Lisa?

Lisa: (barely able to speak) I’ll tell them, I promise Todd.

Todd: I’m going back to the group—if I can get back I will…

Lisa: Todd, leave this line open…are you still there?……

Lisa: (dials the phone..) Hello, FBI, my name is Lisa Jefferson, I’m a telephone supervisor for GTE. I need to report a terrorist hijacking of a United Airlines Flight 93….Yes I’ll hold.

Goodwin: Hello, this is Agent Goodwin.. I understand you have a hijacking situation?

Lisa: Yes sir, I’ve been talking with a passenger, a Todd Beamer, on Flight 93 who managed to get to an air phone unnoticed.

Goodwin: Where did this flight originate, and what was its destination?

Lisa: The flight left Newark New Jersey at 8 A.M. departing for San Francisco. The hijackers took over the plane shortly after takeoff, and several minutes later the plane changed course – it is now flying east.

Goodwin: Ms. Jefferson…I need to talk to someone aboard that plane. Can you get me thru to the planes phone?

Lisa: I still have that line open sir, I can patch you through on a conference call…hold a mo…..

Todd: Hello Lisa, Lisa are you there?

Lisa: Yes, I’m here. Todd, I made a call to the FBI, Agent Goodwin is on the line and will be talking to you as well.

Todd: The others all know that this isn’t your normal hijacking. Jeremy called his wife again on his cell phone. She told him more about the World Trade Center and all.

Goodwin: Hello Todd. This is Agent Goodwin with the FBI. We have been monitoring your flight. Your plane is on a course for Washington, DC. These terrorists sent two planes into the World Trade Center and one plane into the Pentagon. Our best guess is that they plan to fly your plane into either the White House or the United States Capital Building.

Todd: I understand…hold on……I’ll…….I’ll be back..

Lisa: Mr. Goodwin, how much time do they have before they get to Washington?

Goodwin: Not long ma’am. They changed course over Cleveland; they’re approaching Pittsburgh now. Washington may be twenty minutes away.

Todd: (breathing a little heavier) The plane seems to be changing directions just a little. It’s getting pretty rough up here. The plane is flying real erratic….We’re not going to make it out of here. Listen to me….I want you to hear this….I have talked with the others….we have decided we would not be pawns in these hijackers suicidal plot.

Lisa: Todd, what are you going to do?

Todd: We’ve hatched a plan. Four of us are going to rush the hijacker with the bomb. After we take him out, we’ll break into the cockpit. A stewardess is getting some boiling water to throw on the hijackers at the controls. We’ll get them….and we’ll take them out. Lisa, …..will you do one last thing for me?

Lisa: Yes…What is it?

Todd: Would you pray with me?

They pray: Our father which art in Heaven

Hallowed be thy name,

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done

on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread,

And forgive us our trespasses

As we forgive our trespassers,

And lead us not into temptation

But deliver us from evil

For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory

Forever…..Amen

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want…

He makes me to lie down in green pastures

He leads me beside the still waters

He restores my soul

He leads me in paths of righteousness

for His name’s sake

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

I will fear no evil, for thou art with me…..

Todd: (softer) God help me…Jesus help me….(clears throat and louder)

Are you guys ready?……..

Let’s Roll……………………
Old 09-12-2021, 05:34 PM   #14
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Todd: Hello… Operator…listen to me…I can’t speak very loud. – This is an emergency. I’m a passenger on a United flight to San Francisco.. We have a situation here….Our plane has been hijacked…..can you understand me?

Lisa: (exhaling a deep breath to herself) I understand… Can the hijackers see you talking on the phone?

Todd: No

Lisa: Can you tell me how many hijackers are on the plane?

Todd: There are three that we know of.

Lisa: Can you see any weapons? What kind of weapons do they have?

Todd: Yes…. they don’t have guns….they have knives – they took over the plane with knives.

Lisa: Do you mean…like steak knives?

Todd: No, these are razor knives…like box cutters.

Lisa: Can you tell what country these people are from?

Todd: No…..I don’t know. They sound like they’re from the mid-east.

Lisa: Have they said what they want?

Todd: Someone announced from the cockpit that there was a bomb on board. He said he was the captain and to stay in our seats and stay quiet.
He said that they were meeting these men’s demands and returning to the airport… It was very broken English, and… I’m telling you…it sounded fake!

Lisa: Ok sir, please give me your name.

Todd: My name is Todd Beamer.

Lisa: Ok Todd….my name is Lisa…Do you know your flight number? If you can’t remember, it’s on your ticket.

Todd: It’s United Flight 93.

Lisa: Now Todd, can you try to tell me exactly what happened?

Todd: Two of the hijackers were sitting in first class near the cockpit. A third one was sitting near the back of the coach section. The two up. front got into the cockpit somehow; there was shouting. The third hijacker said he had a bomb. It looks like a bomb. He’s got it tied to his waist with a red belt of some kind.

Lisa: So is the door to the cockpit open?

Todd: No, the hijackers shut it behind them.

Lisa: Has anyone been injured?

Todd: Yes, ..they…they killed one passenger sitting in first class. There’s been lots of shouting. We don’t know if the pilots are dead or alive. A flight attendant told me that the pilot and copilot had been forced from the cockpit and may have been wounded.

Lisa: Where is the 3rd hijacker now Todd?

Todd: He’s near the back of the plane. They forced most of the passengers into first class. There are fourteen of us here in the back. Five are flight attendants. He hasn’t noticed that I slipped into this pantry to get the phone. The guy with the bomb ordered us to sit on the floor in the rear of the plane……….oh Jesus.. Help!

Lisa: Todd….are you ok? Tell me what’s happening!

Todd: Hello…..We’re going down….I think we’re going to crash……Wait – wait a minute. No, we’re leveling off….we’re ok. I think we may be turning around…..That’s it – we changed directions. Do you hear me….we’re flying east again.

Lisa: Ok Todd…. What’s going on with the other passengers?

Todd: Everyone is… really scared. A few passengers with cell phones have made calls to relatives. A guy, Jeremy, was talking to his wife just before the hijacking started. She told him that hijackers had crashed two planes into the World Trade Center……Lisa is that true??

Lisa: Todd…..I have to tell you the truth…..it’s very bad. The World Trade Center is gone. Both of the towers have been destroyed.

Todd: Oh God —help us!

Lisa: A third plane was taken over by terrorists. It crashed into the Pentagon in Washington DC. Our country is under attack….and I’m afraid that your plane may be part of their plan.

Todd: Oh dear God. Dear God…….Lisa, will you do something for me?

Lisa: I’ll try….if I can….Yes.

Todd: I want you to call my wife and my kids for me and tell them what’s happened. Promise me you’ll call..

Lisa: I promise – I’ll call.

Todd: Our home number is 201 353-1073…….You have the same name as my wife…Lisa….We’ve been married for 10 years. She’s pregnant with our 3rd child. Tell her that I love her…….(choking up)..I’ll always love her..(clearing throat) We have two boys.. David, he’s 3 and Andrew, he’s 1…..Tell them……(choking) tell them that their daddy loves them and that he is so proud of them. (clearing throat again) Our baby is due January 12th…..I saw an ultra sound…..it was great….we still don’t know if it’s a girl or a boy………Lisa?

Lisa: (barely able to speak) I’ll tell them, I promise Todd.

Todd: I’m going back to the group—if I can get back I will…

Lisa: Todd, leave this line open…are you still there?……

Lisa: (dials the phone..) Hello, FBI, my name is Lisa Jefferson, I’m a telephone supervisor for GTE. I need to report a terrorist hijacking of a United Airlines Flight 93….Yes I’ll hold.

Goodwin: Hello, this is Agent Goodwin.. I understand you have a hijacking situation?

Lisa: Yes sir, I’ve been talking with a passenger, a Todd Beamer, on Flight 93 who managed to get to an air phone unnoticed.

Goodwin: Where did this flight originate, and what was its destination?

Lisa: The flight left Newark New Jersey at 8 A.M. departing for San Francisco. The hijackers took over the plane shortly after takeoff, and several minutes later the plane changed course – it is now flying east.

Goodwin: Ms. Jefferson…I need to talk to someone aboard that plane. Can you get me thru to the planes phone?

Lisa: I still have that line open sir, I can patch you through on a conference call…hold a mo…..

Todd: Hello Lisa, Lisa are you there?

Lisa: Yes, I’m here. Todd, I made a call to the FBI, Agent Goodwin is on the line and will be talking to you as well.

Todd: The others all know that this isn’t your normal hijacking. Jeremy called his wife again on his cell phone. She told him more about the World Trade Center and all.

Goodwin: Hello Todd. This is Agent Goodwin with the FBI. We have been monitoring your flight. Your plane is on a course for Washington, DC. These terrorists sent two planes into the World Trade Center and one plane into the Pentagon. Our best guess is that they plan to fly your plane into either the White House or the United States Capital Building.

Todd: I understand…hold on……I’ll…….I’ll be back..

Lisa: Mr. Goodwin, how much time do they have before they get to Washington?

Goodwin: Not long ma’am. They changed course over Cleveland; they’re approaching Pittsburgh now. Washington may be twenty minutes away.

Todd: (breathing a little heavier) The plane seems to be changing directions just a little. It’s getting pretty rough up here. The plane is flying real erratic….We’re not going to make it out of here. Listen to me….I want you to hear this….I have talked with the others….we have decided we would not be pawns in these hijackers suicidal plot.

Lisa: Todd, what are you going to do?

Todd: We’ve hatched a plan. Four of us are going to rush the hijacker with the bomb. After we take him out, we’ll break into the cockpit. A stewardess is getting some boiling water to throw on the hijackers at the controls. We’ll get them….and we’ll take them out. Lisa, …..will you do one last thing for me?

Lisa: Yes…What is it?

Todd: Would you pray with me?

They pray: Our father which art in Heaven

Hallowed be thy name,

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done

on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread,

And forgive us our trespasses

As we forgive our trespassers,

And lead us not into temptation

But deliver us from evil

For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory

Forever…..Amen

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want…

He makes me to lie down in green pastures

He leads me beside the still waters

He restores my soul

He leads me in paths of righteousness

for His name’s sake

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

I will fear no evil, for thou art with me…..

Todd: (softer) God help me…Jesus help me….(clears throat and louder)

Are you guys ready?……..

Let’s Roll……………………

According to the show that’s been on HBO the past week they say that story is not true and the plane was shot down.
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 06:23 PM   #15
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

RR buying into conspiracy theories OMG say it isn’t so hehe
Old 09-12-2021, 06:41 PM   #16
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Didn’t say I believed it or not just reporting what the documentary stated. I be.I eve it was directed by Spike Lee
Old 09-13-2021, 05:02 AM   #17
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
According to the show that’s been on HBO the past week they say that story is not true and the plane was shot down.
I first heard that in 2001 from multiple people in the airline industry whose training included the study of crash sites.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 12:26 PM   #18
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I first heard that in 2001 from multiple people in the airline industry whose training included the study of crash sites.
I totally believe it. Down a plane full of civilians , or let it crash into a building to multiply the death by 10x?? I’d down the plane.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 01:24 PM   #19
Raider Ronnie

It was also mentioned that the terrorist took down all methods of communications and that once you get to a certain elevation cell phones don’t work.
Ever notice how clear the phone calls are from the passengers to their family 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
How high was that plane flying when those calls were made 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Old 09-13-2021, 01:26 PM   #20
Raider Ronnie

Quote:

I’ll be you believe Jeffrey Epstein killed himself 🤡
Old 09-13-2021, 04:17 PM   #21
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
It was also mentioned that the terrorist took down all methods of communications and that once you get to a certain elevation cell phones don’t work.
Ever notice how clear the phone calls are from the passengers to their family 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
It took off from Newark IIRC, and was hijacked over Ohio. So it was well over 30,000' when hijacked. It may have started descending, but seeing as how it came down in western PA, probably not a lot.

If you want to know whether it came down in one piece after losing control when Beamer and his fellow passengers struggled over the controls, or was shot down, research the debris field. Planes shot out of the sky by a missile or missiles scatter parts along their path until the impact.

One thing I'm sure of: if the plane wasn't shot down then, it would have been later. No way was it going to enter the airspace over DC.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 04:42 PM   #22
spence

Quote:
Probably under 10,000 feet to get any real signal. I've flown hundreds and hundreds of times though and you'd be surprised at how high you can be and your phone starts ringing if you didn't turn it off. Text messages can be a bit higher. It's not just altitude but weather, solar activity can have an impact.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:50 AM   #23
BMEUPSCOTTY

FWIW, I've seen that transcript bouncing around this week.. I also watched a video on YT where the lady claimed she did not tell Todd B about the other already crashed planes.. it really doesn't matter, I am not a conspiracy nutjob. But yeah
https://youtu.be/H-viMzr2nac
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote