Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 12-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
Sgt Striper

SSI...Fork you Mr President!!

Just got a letter from Social Security about an increase in my handicapped daughters SSI payment. She is getting a $47 a month raise...but they are also raising her "income" $37 and deducting it from the monthly payment. The income is that she lives with us and we pay ALL her living expenses. But if you are a drug addicted, food stamp, section 8 pos you get full benefits!!

"The lips stand out because she wants to suck on your Pikie."....Mike Laptew
Van Staal Service/Repair Technician
Sgt Striper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
tysdad115

The whole system is bad Lou. It's disheartening to see people that need it get put down time after time but those who mooch off the system and have no desire to be anything to society are constantly rewarded.

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdad115 View Post
The whole system is bad Lou. It's disheartening to see people that need it get put down time after time but those who mooch off the system and have no desire to be anything to society are constantly rewarded.
X2, honesty is secondary, it's a shame
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
Sgt Striper

Quote:
Exactly!! Come from another country, go to college with financial aid, become a "Community Organizer" marry a lawyer who doesn't practice law and become the friggin President

Old 12-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Redsoxticket

If your daughter were to pay rent in your home she will receive more income from SSI and/or SSDI.

Edit Just realized that your daughter may be younger then about 18yrs which would not apply.

Last edited by Redsoxticket; 12-12-2012 at 03:24 PM..
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Form a non-profit. Thats the way to go.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Quote:
perfectly put andy

Lou sorry to hear about that, its bs.

love the fact some low life with 5 kids, gets more support and has an easier time getting it than those that really need it.

My wifey works with a girl who has 3 baby daddies, 7 kids and is 29 years old, she pays $50 a month for rent, has sweet house much nicer and bigger than most people I know its a section 8 house, gets a hefty check monthly for the kids, food stamps, health care, etc,gets child support from 1 of the guys, the other two are locked up, and drives a brand new bmw suv, she works 12 hours a week, her minimum requirement to get assistance.

yet here you are doing what you can to provide a better life for your daughter and family and getting the shaft.

STORMR Pro Staff Member
chefchris401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #8
Mr. Sandman

Don't get me going on food stamps, it drives me crazy.

I am all for helping out people that are hungry, esp kids. But the fraud is off the charts. You can not have a program that has no enforcement.
I told you about girl returning a shopping cart of coffee she bought with food stamps to cvs for cash refund....and the guy who bought Alaskan King crab legs with food stamps and got into a fight with the teller who said you should not be buying this with those. He said you should not embarrass me like this and I can buy anything I want. IMO FS should only be for whole foods (not ultra processed items or expensive luxury items.) Lobster is a no-go. Ground Chuck is OK, Corn is OK, Carrots are OK, spuds are OK, Pasta is OK caviar is NOT OK...you get the idea.
There is an entire black market that buys food stamps for cash. And the worst part is the Obama administration judges the success of this program by the increasing number of people that are on it!!! WTF is wrong with that thinking??? I see it the complete opposite.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #9
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
Don't get me going on food stamps, it drives me crazy.

IMO FS should only be for whole foods (not ultra processed items or expensive luxury items.) Lobster is a no-go. Ground Chuck is OK, Corn is OK, Carrots are OK, spuds are OK, Pasta is OK caviar is NOT OK...you get the idea.
With almost half the country on Uncle Scam's dole, they should just remove the food stamp program completely and Uncle Scam should open up some "Assistance Markets". These markets stock items just like you described above, without stocking candy, cigarettes, king crab, or kobe beef.

Don't like pork? "Sorry, that's the only meat we have in stock today." Maybe then people will be motivated to get off the dole.
Quote:
There is an entire black market that buys food stamps for cash. And the worst part is the Obama administration judges the success of this program by the increasing number of people that are on it!!! WTF is wrong with that thinking??? I see it the complete opposite.
If your blood isn't boiling already, check this government-sponsored website out:
Benefits.gov - Your Path to Government Benefits
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #10
Sgt Striper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefchris401 View Post
perfectly put andy

Lou sorry to hear about that, its bs.

love the fact some low life with 5 kids, gets more support and has an easier time getting it than those that really need it.

My wifey works with a girl who has 3 baby daddies, 7 kids and is 29 years old, she pays $50 a month for rent, has sweet house much nicer and bigger than most people I know its a section 8 house, gets a hefty check monthly for the kids, food stamps, health care, etc,gets child support from 1 of the guys, the other two are locked up, and drives a brand new bmw suv, she works 12 hours a week, her minimum requirement to get assistance.

yet here you are doing what you can to provide a better life for your daughter and family and getting the shaft.
You just described the population of Atlantic City! As I sit here at my p/t job watching a monitor, a crack ho on the corner, got to watch the parking lot so that the little thrown out of school JD's don't steal a car to bring back to the sect 8 ( shoot em up, driveby, drug dealing) housing the next block over! I hate to say it but I was wishing Sandy would have taken the whole dump out to sea.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
smac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Striper View Post
Just got a letter from Social Security about an increase in my handicapped daughters SSI payment. She is getting a $47 a month raise...but they are also raising her "income" $37 and deducting it from the monthly payment. The income is that she lives with us and we pay ALL her living expenses. But if you are a drug addicted, food stamp, section 8 pos you get full benefits!!
That really suck s to hear. Also to add to the pain, if your a convicted felon serving life , you also get a free sex change and hair removal.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #12
FishermanTim

The political machine, depending in which state you reside, is geared to buy the votes of the poorest and lowest common denominator.
Once they buy them, they primary job is to keep them content with plenty of OUR money and benefits.

I always get angry and enraged when I hear any POS welfare cheating jack-hole complaining that they aren't getting enough, or can't get top shelf products on foodstamps. These same lowlife scum are the ones that are parading around with their "united nations" spawn (a.k.a. whose daddy is yours?) and driving LUXURY vehicles that most legitimate working citizens couldn't afford (unless the state and government were paying for them).

The system needs a complete overhaul and the powers that be need to be removed, by force if necessary, and made to account for their gross mishandling of OUR resources.

(OUR means legal taxpaying citizens)
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote