Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 05-03-2007, 08:42 AM   #1
nightprowler
Jburt

apartment

My fiance and I are looking for a place in/around Tiverton to move in in aug; I will be commuting to woods hole and her to 'Gansett; any one know of anything or have any suggestions??
pm is fine
john or other mods if this isn't ok or should be in classifieds feel free to move/delete.
thanks,
Josh

nightprowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:33 AM   #2
BMEUPSCOTTY

Apartment Rental
TIVERTON: Off Stafford Rd. Private 2 bdrm, all new. Lg livingrm w/sliders to cement patio, lg yard. $895, electric included. 508-998-9211.

Start Date: 05/02/2007 End Date: 05/02/2007
Select Apartment Rental
TIVERTON: North. Quiet, 1 bdrm, 2nd floor, $600/month plus utilities. With water, view & parking. 401-635-2364.

Start Date: 04/18/2007 End Date: 05/02/2007
Select Apartment Rental
TIVERTON: Brand new, country apt, 1 bed. Appliances, w/d,walk in closet, hardwood floors, electric incl. $600. 401-624-9566.

Start Date: 05/02/2007 End Date: 05/30/2007
Select Apartment Rental
TIVERTON: 1 bedroom, large kitchen, dining rm, double living room, deck, bathroom with jacuzzi tub, 1 block from water, $925/mo. No pets. 401-230-0737

Start Date: 05/02/2007 End Date: 05/02/2007
Select Apartment Rental
TIVERTON: 2 bdrms, completely remodeled. Large backyard. No pets/no smoking. $1000 plus security. Tiverton 401-624-4965.

Start Date: 05/02/2007 End Date: 05/16/2007
Select Apartment Rental
TIVERTON: 1 bdrm apt $725 per month, located off Stafford Rd, 2 miles form Rte 24. New rugs, new paint, dishwasher, storage, off street parking. Nice grounds, some pets ok. Call Phoenix Property Management at 401-846-1990.

Start Date: 04/25/2007 End Date: 05/09/2007

TIVERTON: Stone Bridge area. 1 bdrm. Walk to beach, library, and Fort Barton hiking trails. Includes electric, central air, stove and refrigerator. Sorry no smokers or pets. $700/mo. 401-625-5524
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:46 AM   #3
spence

I'm assuming you don't have a small pile of cash? There are some interesting condo deals in town that can be had for a decent price.

-spence
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
nightprowler
Jburt

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'm assuming you don't have a small pile of cash? There are some interesting condo deals in town that can be had for a decent price.

-spence
That assumption is correct, its also probably only going to be for 2 years or so while she finishes up her PhD.
BMEUPSCOTTY, where were all those posted? thanks for the tips. I appreciate it.

Old 05-06-2007, 07:17 AM   #5
basswipe

Be wary of renting in the far north end.Mostly tenament style housing that are complete dumps.Anything in the Bay St. area is bad news.

Eastbay Classifieds link:

http://classifieds.eastbayri.com/res...mls=&acTst=Grr
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:42 AM   #6
nightprowler
Jburt

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
Be wary of renting in the far north end.Mostly tenament style housing that are complete dumps.Anything in the Bay St. area is bad news.

thanks for the heads up; we looked at a place over there both decided we didn't want to be in that area. when the potential landlord told us of the potentially contaminated soil, we knew it wasn't for us.
how about the riverside drive area? We were in a sweet condo over there, just not sure if it will still be available in august when i can get out of my lease.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:22 AM   #7
BMEUPSCOTTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post

Good advice. If you are North of Judson St. "waterview" means fuel storage tanks.

I think 3 of the 6 units at 136 Riverside are open right now if thats the building you are talking about. Riverside marine right down the street, decent baitshop. You and Spence would practically be neighbors.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:27 AM   #8
nightprowler
Jburt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMEUPSCOTTY View Post
Good advice. If you are North of Judson St. "waterview" means fuel storage tanks.

I think 3 of the 6 units at 136 Riverside are open right now if thats the building you are talking about. Riverside marine right down the street, decent baitshop. You and Spence would practically be neighbors.
Thats the place. They looked really nice and seemed like a good location. neither of us are familiar with the area at all though.
we aer keeping our fingers crossed that they stay open..

Old 05-06-2007, 08:56 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler View Post
how about the riverside drive area? We were in a sweet condo over there, just not sure if it will still be available in august when i can get out of my lease.
I'd wager there will still be availability in August. The owner has dumped a small fortune into rehabing that multi-family and they have been moving very slowly. He's got to be loosing money on the deal. We actually considered buying the building a few years ago with a friend and turning it into condos on our own.

Only con to the Riverside Drive area is that it's quirky and will be a bit of a mess over the next 5 years with the bridge project.

But it's a really neat neighborhood once you get into it. Being right on rt 24 is most excellent for business travel, and within an hour you can be anywhere from the Canal to Pt. Jude.

And yes, you'd be my neighbor

-spence
Old 05-31-2007, 02:33 PM   #10
nightprowler
Jburt

i checked out a place off stafford rd and one on hillside last night. supposed to be looking at another one on stafford rd, near the fall river line. how is that area? how about hillside rd by grinnel beach?
thanks guys, i appreciate the help

Old 05-31-2007, 07:08 PM   #11
BMEUPSCOTTY

That Hillside neighborhood is fine. You can smell the beans roasting at Coastal Roasters and the food cooking at the Stonebridge. The only thing I can see is a big construction project coming up on the school up the hill from there. Does it have a view? There's some pretty good ones around there.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:30 PM   #12
nightprowler
Jburt

there is an obstructed water view from the deck...a few houses in the way. Biggest downside to that place is no washer/dryer and not a lot of storage....no where to hang my waders and other gear!!

Old 05-31-2007, 07:36 PM   #13
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler View Post
i checked out a place off stafford rd and one on hillside last night. supposed to be looking at another one on stafford rd, near the fall river line. how is that area? how about hillside rd by grinnel beach?
thanks guys, i appreciate the help
Nothing wrong with Stafford road up there, but it's nothing exciting.

Hillside is all quirky Tiverton cottages but a nice little area. What's the rent like?

It all depends on what you're looking for.

-spence