Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Muzik

Muzik Muzik Forums - by popular request...

Old 04-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #61
Jenn

I dont know if it was the best SHOW I have ever been to but the one I had the most fun at (believe it or not I am not even a major fan of theirs either but...)

Back when Six flags was Riverside and Riverside had a Speedway I saw the Beach Boys play right in the middle of the Speedway on a hot humid summer night. The cars, the music, the hot asphalt down by the river......what a blast!

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:50 PM   #62
emgred
Curmudgeon

Don't know how I missed this thread.

The best, hands down, was one of my first.

November 1969 - Madison Square Garden

BB King
Ike and Tina (ended their set with a really long version of "Proud Mary" with Joplin joining in.)

And "The Greatest Rock & Roll Band in the world" The Rolling Stones

I've seen a lot of top acts in big arenas since, but none tops Jagger's performance of that night.

I'd rather be fishing!
emgred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:51 PM   #63
BasicPatrick
M.S.B.A.

Location: I live in the Villiage of Hyannis in the Town of Barnstable in the Commonwealth of MA
Send a message via AIM to BasicPatrick Send a message via Yahoo to BasicPatrick
I have to agree with Professor M that there are things my memory just will not recall but then again, there are things that I just will never forget as well. I am grateful that life had me work on landsdowne street then later to work clubs from Boston to Somerville. I also knew a lot of people in the radio business as well. I got to see many many bands and have seens some great performances.

My personal favorite live band is BS and The E Street Band which I have seen thirty something times. I'll never forget Bruce bringing Peter Wolf on stage to lead the crowd in a sing along of Dirty Water during the second Fenway Show. The more recent shows have not been as good as the legendary shows of the Darkness on the Edge of Town tour.

I saw a Queen's Command Performance at Wembley Stadium in London when on a "bender" with my cousin...Pink Floyd, Dark Side of The Moon...cover to cover, complete with exploding cesna....incredible show and I was but an out of control teenager and remember only so much.

I grew up in Allston and saw Aerosmith at Molly's and remember us local kids being let into the basement of the Jim Did It Sign Company to watch the Cars practice. I knew Terry and Dale Bozio of Missing Persons and met a lot more performers working at a few clubs in Somerville (Johnny Dees, Somerville Theatre, etc etc.)

I have seen Prince on a few occasions and for musical ability that little man is way above average. His guitar work stands right there with any on Larry's list and he platys just as hard...Dance music my arse.

Back in the Day Earth Wind & Fire was just off the hook at a club show and there is something special about the right mix of hallucinogenics and a ticket to see Parliament Funkadelic with whatever special guest they had lined up that week. I also fondly remember the Halloween party at the Hot Tin Roof...Entrain was building their local reputation and knew how to work a crowd.

So many shows...no wonder I go to Narcotics Anonymous Meetings!!!!!

Boston, Bad Company, Kiss and many more at the Cape Cod Colleseum.

"It is impossible to complain and to achieve at the same time"--Basic Patrick (on a good day)

BasicPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #64
striprman
Wishin' for fishin'

I had alot of fun getting stomped in the pit when Green Day played at the Worcester Centrum about 13 years ago. That was the most "active" show I ever went to.
Jeff Beck about 9-10 years ago.
Zep at the gardens 2 times.
Yes, Stones

Mahavishnu was interesting
too many to remember
I like Jeff Beck

striprman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:58 AM   #65
mekcotuit

Bette Midler - lots of times, starting with 1973 and her Clams on the Half Shell Revue at the Orpheum - love her and she goes for a good 2hours non stop.......

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau
mekcotuit is offline   Reply With Quote