Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-11-2022, 10:38 AM   #91
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
How did I lie?
Quite simply, in Jim’s world everything is black and white and all truth is known by Jim, therefore if you disagree you are lying.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-11-2022, 10:45 AM   #92
Jim in CT

Quote:
How did I lie?
you implied that the threats against the FBI are from the right ( a very logical assumption, obviously) but deny that BLM/antifa thugs are left wing extremists. Ridiculous.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:47 AM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Quite simply, in Jim’s world everything is black and white and all truth is known by Jim, therefore if you disagree you are lying.
no, you could fill the oceans with what i don’t know.

What i do know, is that if you assume people making threats against the. FBI are right wing nuts, but deny that BLM/antifa thugs are left wing nuts, then you’re an unserious, partisan hack.

Pete, we can’t all be as tolerant of
differing opinions as you clearly are. Right?
Old 08-11-2022, 10:48 AM   #94
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Tough week for the orange man, FBI raid and then having to sit for eight hours and take the fifth 440 times, I’m sure his team is working on some new catchy hat slogans because you can never have enough clever ways to cash grab from the faithful fools.
I saw a picture of him with a new red hat, had a 5 on it.

Realize Trump would like to know who revealed the documents and their locations. However, he does not want anyone to know details of the warrant because that would kill the current fundraising campaign.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-11-2022, 10:56 AM   #95
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
no, you could fill the oceans with what i don’t know.

What i do know, is that if you assume people making threats against the. FBI are right wing nuts, but deny that BLM/antifa thugs are left wing nuts, then you’re an unserious, partisan hack.

Pete, we can’t all be as tolerant of
differing opinions as you clearly are. Right?
Silly victim,

Trumpists were explicit: “‘Civil War 2.0 just kicked off,’ one user wrote on Twitter, with another adding, ‘One step closer to a kinetic civil war.’ Others said they were ready to take part: ‘I already bought my ammo.’” Steve Bannon, who was pardoned for bilking Trump supporters who thought they were building a wall, declared that “This is war” and called the FBI the “Gestapo.”

Trump is a sick soul who cannot imagine a world in which people act on principle or think about the welfare of others. While in power, Trump wanted to use the FBI to punish his political opponents (“Lock her up”) and reward his friends (“Go easy on Michael Flynn”). He projects his own corrupt motives onto others and assumes that the FBI investigation is nothing but a Democratic power grab. It would be pathetic if he had not dragged an entire political party into the fever swamps with him.

This experiment in self-government requires a minimum amount of social trust to succeed. With every tweet that spreads cynicism and lies, with every call to arms that welcomes civil conflict, Trumpist Republicans are poisoning the nation they so ostentatiously claim to love.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-11-2022, 11:40 AM   #96
Pete F.
Canceled

Attack on the FBI building in Cincinnati:
Interstate I71 North is shut down after suspect drove toward Waynesville Ohio. Unconfirmed reports say he’s now firing at police from a corn field.

Meanwhile Marjorie Taylor Greene released an ad for her new line of “enemy of the state” t-shirts and hats targeting the FBI.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:49 AM   #97
PaulS

Quote:
you implied that the threats against the FBI are from the right ( a very logical assumption, obviously) but deny that BLM/antifa thugs are left wing extremists. Ridiculous.
I did no such thing.

Quote:
How do you know it was all Dems? BC a lot of them were Black?
I asked 2 questions.

So you're a scummy liar.
Old 08-11-2022, 12:15 PM   #98
Jim in CT

Quote:
I did no such thing.

I asked 2 questions.

So you're a scummy liar.
Right. You followed the reference to the FBI threats with a reference to Hilary saying that half of the countrys republicans are deplorable, and that was just a coincidence. Sure Paul.

If you want to deny that BLM and Antifa are left-leaning, it's a free country.
Old 08-11-2022, 12:23 PM   #99
Jim in CT

Quote:
Attack on the FBI building in Cincinnati:
Interstate I71 North is shut down after suspect drove toward Waynesville Ohio. Unconfirmed reports say he’s now firing at police from a corn field.

Meanwhile Marjorie Taylor Greene released an ad for her new line of “enemy of the state” t-shirts and hats targeting the FBI.

that violence is disgusting. i can readily admit that.

but when pro abortion groups release the names and addresses of the school that judge amy barrett’s kids attend,,you’re silent.

when the left publishes judges home addresses, and someone shows up to kill one of them,,you have nothing to say.

because it’s ok when the left does it.
Old 08-11-2022, 12:45 PM   #100
PaulS

Quote:
Right. You followed the reference to the FBI threats with a reference to Hilary saying that half of the countrys republicans are deplorable, and that was just a coincidence. Sure Paul.

BC Wray used the same word

If you want to deny that BLM and Antifa are left-leaning, it's a free country.
I'm sure BLM is but doubt antifa cares about any political group other than being anti facist.
Old 08-11-2022, 12:50 PM   #101
Jim in CT

Quote:
I'm sure BLM is but doubt antifa cares about any political group other than being anti facist.
yes because nothing says “I’m anti fascist” quite like wearing a black ski mask and beating to a pulp those who disagree with me.

Antifa isn’t liberal, even though they’re anti trump and anti police. Whatever you say.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 08-11-2022 at 01:02 PM..
Old 08-11-2022, 01:14 PM   #102
PaulS

Quote:
yes because nothing says “I’m anti fascist” quite like wearing a black ski mask and beating to a pulp those who disagree with me.

Antifa isn’t liberal, even though they’re anti trump and anti police. Whatever you say.
Somehow being anti trump or anti police means their liberal
Old 08-11-2022, 01:19 PM   #103
Jim in CT

Quote:
Somehow being anti trump or anti police means their liberal
well, i don’t see conservative people saying police are a bunch of racist assassins. That comes pretty much from one direction , the left. Ask Al Sharpton. And it may be news to you, republicans tend to like trump. so being anti trump and anti cop, is indicative of a liberal. in the case of being anti cop, it also strongly implies one is very, very stupid. because the data could not be more clear, that what the left is saying about cops, is bullsh*t.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 08-11-2022 at 01:24 PM..
Old 08-11-2022, 01:28 PM   #104
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Sorry Jim your the stupid one who for some crazed right of the road mindset, thinks anyone left of center or liberal is anti cop or thinks cops are racist. Now had you said most left of center, some right of center and all liberals, think there are a lot of racists hiding behind badges, well then I’d agree with you.
Old 08-11-2022, 01:32 PM   #105
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sorry Jim your the stupid one who for some crazed right of the road mindset, thinks anyone left of center or liberal is anti cop or thinks cops are racist. Now had you said most left of center, some right of center and all liberals, think there are a lot of racists hiding behind badges, well then I’d agree with you.
i never ever said that everyone on the left is anti cop.

I said that if you’re anti trump AND anti cop, you’re almost certainly a liberal. And i stand by that.

Not all liberals hate cops. But most people who hate cops are liberal.

That’s crazy? Really? show me some data that shows i’m way off.

You responded to something i never even came close to saying. But i’m crazy.
Old 08-11-2022, 04:02 PM   #106
scottw

Quote:

your the stupid one
this is gold....belongs on a tee shirt
Old 08-11-2022, 04:02 PM   #107
Pete F.
Canceled

Plot Thickens. Per a grand jury subpoena, national security docs were seized from Mar-a-Lago back in June. So looks like this week's raid seized docs that were hidden in June, after someone in Trump's inner circle dropped a dime. Things are heating up.
Old 08-11-2022, 04:13 PM   #108
scottw

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	product-images_colors_5-2-oz-100-pro-weight-cotton-preshrunk-11730-royal-heather.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	69090  
Old 08-11-2022, 04:16 PM   #109
scottw

Quote:
Plot Thickens. Per a grand jury subpoena, national security docs were seized from Mar-a-Lago back in June. So looks like this week's raid seized docs that were hidden in June, after someone in Trump's inner circle dropped a dime. Things are heating up.
your fantasy narratives usually disappoint you....there have been many
Old 08-11-2022, 08:41 PM   #110
Nebe

So when trump is exposed for attempting to sell nuclear weapons information to Saudi Arabia, do you think he will get the death penalty?
Old 08-11-2022, 08:55 PM   #111
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
So when trump is exposed for attempting to sell nuclear weapons information to Saudi Arabia, do you think he will get the death penalty?
Definitely…he should get two death penalties actually…one for peeing on Russian hookers and one for selling nuclear weapons to other countries…might not be enough punishment to satisfy Pete though
Old 08-11-2022, 09:02 PM   #112
Nebe

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news...ashington-post
Old 08-11-2022, 09:02 PM   #113
Nebe

My jaw just about hit the floor…
Old 08-11-2022, 09:39 PM   #114
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Some people are concerned about why the Saudis gave his son in law Jared 2 BILLION dollars.
Some people were also concerned that Jaredvcouldn’t get a security clearance.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-11-2022, 09:52 PM   #115
Pete F.
Canceled

What’s Trump going to do now that Garland has called his bluff?

"I would just LOVE to release it all but my lawyers tell me I just can't until the tax department has finished the audit" Oops, sorry wrong scandal!
Old 08-11-2022, 10:20 PM   #116
Pete F.
Canceled

“Surely, Donald Trump stealing nuclear secrets will be enough to break away Republicans from him.”

if you haven’t learned this lesson now you never will.

The man could eat a live baby on national television and not a single Republican voter would give a #^&#^&#^&#^&, a fetus, ehh maybe.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:47 AM   #117
Pete F.
Canceled

FLASHBACK (FEBRUARY 2019): "Whistleblowers Raise Grave Concerns with Trump Administration’s Efforts to Transfer Sensitive Nuclear Technology to Saudi Arabia"
Old 08-12-2022, 07:50 AM   #118
Nebe

Quote:
What’s Trump going to do now that Garland has called his bluff?

I don’t know. Let’s ask Raider Ronnie what he thinks …
Old 08-12-2022, 08:24 AM   #119
wdmso

Armed man who tried to breach FBI's Cincinnati office killed following police standoff

And of course the GOP leadership will deny they had any influence in his actions even with their statements all in print.

The Republican response to the search also sought to instill fear in ordinary people by suggesting that they too could be targeted by federal agents.

again without evidence, much less justification — that maybe the agents planted evidence as they combed through Mar-a-Lago. Because, it seems, any opponent of Trump’s must be cast in the most nefarious terms possible.

The Department of Justice has reached an intolerable state of weaponized politicization," said McCarthy.

FBI's Trump Informants Are Traitors, Marjorie Taylor Greene Says

Little Marco. After todays raid on Mar A Lago what do you think the left plans to use those 87,000 new IRS agents for?

It’s all lies fear and division from those who wish to cash in on the incident

And nothing about what if . what Trump did was in fact illegal which has a high probability.. we know their response just more lies
Old 08-12-2022, 08:50 AM   #120
Pete F.
Canceled

Between Hillary emailing risotto recipes from a private server and Trump selling our nuclear secrets, neither side seems to care much about protecting important information.