Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-26-2019, 11:18 AM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Schiff is a deplorable

Disgusting how an elected official, chair of the committee, unabashedly attempts to bait and put words into the mouth of Maguire...…

I think they must not have anything

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:41 AM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Disgusting how an elected official, chair of the committee, unabashedly attempts to bait and put words into the mouth of Maguire...…
He can come off a bit slimy at times, but trying to understand if the DNI was in any way part of the cover up isn't deplorable it's his job.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:53 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

He can come off a bit slimy at times,
yeah...just a little
Old 09-26-2019, 11:56 AM   #4
spence

It was great watching Nunes basically like, I give up.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:09 PM   #5
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Well he sure PO'd Trump! Did you hear him when he got off Air Force One? Pissssed. Hope he starts in on Pelosi and Warren finances too.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:19 PM   #6
wdmso

Amazing to see adults who have seen past presidents.. make excuses for the current one again and again... it very disturbing.. how about America 1st. Not Trump above country..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-26-2019, 12:28 PM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Wayne, I dare you to find a post where I put any politician above country.… I called out Schiff for a horrible display and his personal attack on a man who has served this country throughout his career. (Schiff did try to back away from that personal attack in closing.) But the hearing was a waste of taxpayer dollars. If they are trying to keep powder dry for closing arguments, they could at least have a credible legislator doing the opening for them. As for Trump,... the man and his MO disgust me. His agenda however has a lot of points with merit. That is putting country first! I would welcome EITHER party to put forward a worthy candidate to consider, for the good of the country.

Old 09-26-2019, 01:04 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Pick a side

Acting DNI Maguire: “I think the whistleblower did the right thing. I think he followed the law every step of the way.”

President Trump on Whistleblower sources: “You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart with spies and treason, right?"

Which is it?
Old 09-26-2019, 01:20 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Well he sure PO'd Trump! Did you hear him when he got off Air Force One? Pissssed. Hope he starts in on Pelosi and Warren finances too.
Trump knows the next step is to unmask the whistle blower, get the full IG report and start calling witnesses to testify. Remember the IG did an investigation into the allegations.

Then watch for Republicans to start flipping.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:28 PM   #10
scottw

Quote:
Trump knows the next step is to unmask the whistle blower, get the full IG report and start calling witnesses to testify. Remember the IG did an investigation into the allegations.

Then watch for Republicans to start flipping.
Yes. Let’s watch.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:32 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump seems like a very happy old man looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!
Old 09-26-2019, 03:01 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
I called out Schiff for a horrible display and his personal attack on a man who has served this country throughout his career.
I watched a lot of it and didn't see Schiff making personal attacks. He pushed him at times but what did he say that was personal?
Old 09-26-2019, 03:03 PM   #13
scottw

Schiff should resign in shame after that performance
Old 09-26-2019, 03:07 PM   #14
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Seemed pretty decent performance wise. His only big gaff was referring to a line in his opening statement as parody.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:08 PM   #15
scottw

Quote:
Seemed pretty decent performance wise. His only big gaff was referring to a line in his opening statement as parody.
it was shameful and he's shameless
Old 09-26-2019, 03:41 PM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
You mean it’s similar (but in my mind far less disrespectful) than the way Trump treated McCain? But you defend a Trump as your party demands it.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:58 PM   #17
scottw

apples and oranges
Old 09-26-2019, 04:31 PM   #18
spence

Guys, keep this up and Pete's going to start posting endless video of House Republican douchbaggery during Obama. And there's a lot of footage.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:17 PM   #19
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
apples and oranges
“I called out Schiff for a horrible display and his personal attack on a man who has served this country throughout his career.”

What Ross found objectionable and he commented on above, pales in comparison to how Trump treated McCain, who also served his country throughout his career. To that complaint Trump is far worse in so many ways, cross him or speak ill of him during or after service and he could care less about military service or political service.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:22 PM   #20
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Want to talk about deplorable, Trump suggests the people who spoke to and the whistle blower should be treated as spies and further wished it could be as severe a sentence as was the norm in the past. Speak out and he will not only go on a campaign to smear you, he has no elevated it to threatening lives.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:29 PM   #21
spence

Funny how a thread about a person's behavior contains no mention of said behavior.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:31 PM   #22
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Want to talk about deplorable, Trump suggests the people who spoke to and the whistle blower should be treated as spies and further wished it could be as severe a sentence as was the norm in the past. Speak out and he will not only go on a campaign to smear you, he has no elevated it to threatening lives.
Maybe he likes what Bill Weld said about punishment for treason.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:33 PM   #23
detbuch

Quote:
Funny how a thread about a person's behavior contains no mention of said behavior.
Scott pointed out that Schiff's behavior was shameless. And you said it's a bit slimy.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:35 PM   #24
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
As for Trump,... the man and his MO disgust me.
In response to Got Stripers above
In or out of context. Your choice...

Old 09-26-2019, 05:45 PM   #25
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Threatening and ruining people's lives, or worse, is just another chapter in the playbook for those doing business in NY as well as much of the one percenter class. No way you can get there without stepping on and squashing some people along the way....

Furthermore, Trump was quoted saying "what we used to do with spies and traitors", when he wasn't even remotely a part of the "we"...

Old 09-26-2019, 05:49 PM   #26
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Scott pointed out that Schiff's behavior was shameless. And you said it's a bit slimy.
Incorrect, I said he can come off a bit slimey at times. I didn’t say he was slimey today.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:52 PM   #27
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Incorrect, I said he can come off a bit slimey at times. I didn’t say he was slimey today.
Your original statement inferred that you agreed. Now you want to quantify your statement?

Old 09-26-2019, 06:29 PM   #28
spence

Quote:
Your original statement inferred that you agreed. Now you want to quantify your statement?
No. Can you quantify your initial accusation?
Old 09-26-2019, 09:21 PM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
Wayne, I dare you to find a post where I put any politician above country.… I called out Schiff for a horrible display and his personal attack on a man who has served this country throughout his career. (Schiff did try to back away from that personal attack in closing.) But the hearing was a waste of taxpayer dollars. If they are trying to keep powder dry for closing arguments, they could at least have a credible legislator doing the opening for them. As for Trump,... the man and his MO disgust me. His agenda however has a lot of points with merit. That is putting country first! I would welcome EITHER party to put forward a worthy candidate to consider, for the good of the country.
Just saying its not what you say its whats not said what shiff did deserves a thread .. but Trumps current behavior not so much see all other threads thread responses

Last edited by wdmso; 09-26-2019 at 11:08 PM..
Old 09-26-2019, 10:45 PM   #30
Sea Dangles

TDS