Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Meet & Greet Forum

Meet & Greet Forum S-B is an online Community dedicated to angling for Striped Bass. Come in, say hello and tell us a little bit about you. Thanks! Team Striped-Bass.com

Old 03-03-2016, 08:28 PM   #1
Yudi

Guessing I should check in here

New to this site. I am currently having a rod built by a former president of the CT surfcasters. I was checking out that site which brought me here.
Yudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:31 PM   #2
Guppy
User

Now you're in trouble ! LOL

WELCOME
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:35 PM   #3
Ian
Idiot

Hey Yudi,

Welcome to the site... you'll find a good group of guys here and a lot less BS than some other sites centered around SB fishing. Glad the CSA pointed you in this direction too... thats some good pedigree right there.

Are you in CT? Ever been to a CSA meeting? What are your goals as a member of this community?

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:26 AM   #4
Raven

welcome Yudi
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:38 AM   #5
Yudi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Hey Yudi,

Welcome to the site... you'll find a good group of guys here and a lot less BS than some other sites centered around SB fishing. Glad the CSA pointed you in this direction too... thats some good pedigree right there.

Are you in CT? Ever been to a CSA meeting? What are your goals as a member of this community?
Thanks Ian,

So, yes, one of the reasons for joining is all the BS on one of those other sites. The other is that of all the people I've learned the most from over time were/are CSA members. When I say learn, I do not mean people that just spout opinion or tell you that you cannot do this or you have to have that....I mean a real explanation of the scenario and how and why they have formed their opinion. I can learn from that and I still do.

I do live in CT. I'm in Tolland, work in E. Hartford, so pretty close to your home. I grew up in Madison (late 70's and 80's). I learned a lot from Pat Abate during those years (Dad too), he was a neighbor (of my fishing buddy and I was about a mile from him). We spent a lot of time down in his shop.

Toby Lapinski got me in touch with the rod builder I'm using. Toby has given me solid advice and helped me out quite a few times. The person I have building the rod has been excellent and very patient with me. I have learned a lot during this process. He is also a CSA member.

Last year at a certain point off of the CTR, I was out there with about 5 or 6 other guys. They all knew each other from the CSA.

So, I decided to look into the CSA. I cannot join through the site, for some reason I'm blocked from that, but I plan to attend at least some meetings and plan to join, while I'm at one of them. But the CSA site did lead me here.

So, what are my goals? Well, I have been fishing for bass for 30 or so years, but I find that no matter what... you are faced with new challenges every season and you never stop learning in this sport. That's really the biggest draw. Sure catching is great, but fishing is what draws me in...and if you want to keep getting better, then you best pay attention to the experiences of other knowledgeable fisherman.
Yudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:39 AM   #6
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yudi View Post
Thanks Ian,

So, yes, one of the reasons for joining is all the BS on one of those other sites. The other is that of all the people I've learned the most from over time were/are CSA members. When I say learn, I do not mean people that just spout opinion or tell you that you cannot do this or you have to have that....I mean a real explanation of the scenario and how and why they have formed their opinion. I can learn from that and I still do.

I do live in CT. I'm in Tolland, work in E. Hartford, so pretty close to your home. I grew up in Madison (late 70's and 80's). I learned a lot from Pat Abate during those years (Dad too), he was a neighbor (of my fishing buddy and I was about a mile from him). We spent a lot of time down in his shop.

Toby Lapinski got me in touch with the rod builder I'm using. Toby has given me solid advice and helped me out quite a few times. The person I have building the rod has been excellent and very patient with me. I have learned a lot during this process. He is also a CSA member.

Last year at a certain point off of the CTR, I was out there with about 5 or 6 other guys. They all knew each other from the CSA.

So, I decided to look into the CSA. I cannot join through the site, for some reason I'm blocked from that, but I plan to attend at least some meetings and plan to join, while I'm at one of them. But the CSA site did lead me here.

So, what are my goals? Well, I have been fishing for bass for 30 or so years, but I find that no matter what... you are faced with new challenges every season and you never stop learning in this sport. That's really the biggest draw. Sure catching is great, but fishing is what draws me in...and if you want to keep getting better, then you best pay attention to the experiences of other knowledgeable fisherman.
I like those goals! With that mindset you'd fit right into the CSA! Welcome aboard.

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote