Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Meet & Greet Forum

Meet & Greet Forum S-B is an online Community dedicated to angling for Striped Bass. Come in, say hello and tell us a little bit about you. Thanks! Team Striped-Bass.com

Old 08-05-2016, 06:56 AM   #1
albythereforyou

HELLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!

Hello!!!

It's almost that magical time of year when I close my eyes and see green crack flying all around my brain, in and out, here and gone!

I'm addicted, I have issues, those silly little things might have ruined my life

After a couple years of lurking, I figured I would finally join this site, seems like a really good group of guys here. Also with every passing year I find myself fishing further and further east for those fish with stripes, (unfortunately i live in western ct).

I enjoy the surf the most, with the sound and swells of mother nature singing and rocking me to sleep nightly. I got a wetsuit 2 years ago, and it was the best thing I've ever done for my surf casting. Besides every single pair of waders I've owned has leaked after 6 months anyway

I do have a kayak, and still fish out of it from time to time, i wouldn't mind getting out there in it...

I grew up flyfishing, so i still enjoy the flyrod for albies, and occasional bass.

I pretend to paint as well....

that's about all I got

tight lines all, hopefully this year for hardtails is half as good as last year

If you see someone alby hunting with a black dog by their side, say hi! Alby dog is very friendly! Alby dog licked em in 3 states last year, we are hoping for a repeat this year
albythereforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:17 AM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Outboards in town

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 10:00 AM   #3
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Sounds like a good time man.

My dogs would have nothing to do with rocks or fishing
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
chefchris401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #4
Guppy
User

Welcome Alby , good luck with your addiction, u are not alone
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:46 PM   #5
albythereforyou

Hi guys! I look forward to sharing some funny stories / and good pics. My addiction runs deep!

My dog seems to be good luck, I have yet to get skunked with her around! except for that one time she jumped off the rocks into the water after some albies exploding, she's a great pooch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Welcome Alby , good luck with your addiction, u are not alone
Ain't that the truth. I was lucky enough to catch my first alby years ago before I could even drive (I'm 35 now) my local fly shop took me under their wing when I was 13 or so, and by 15 I got lucky on some fabled rocks... Back then I met these two locals.....two great guys... and sure enough 20 years later my dog and I still see them, and we've enjoyed some great memories together!

something is wrong with us

I see a lot of really great fisherman and plug builders on this site!

Last edited by albythereforyou; 08-05-2016 at 04:11 PM..
Old 08-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #6
Nebe

Nice to see some new blood here. Welcome to the site !
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:22 PM   #7
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Nice to see some new blood here. Welcome to the site !
It sure is..

I have a buddy who keeps saying... "Something must be wrong with me, I love this chit"

Or at 2 in the morning, " I wonder what the sane people are doing"
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:58 PM   #8
albythereforyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
It sure is..

I have a buddy who keeps saying... "Something must be wrong with me, I love this chit"

Or at 2 in the morning, " I wonder what the sane people are doing"
this year was my first season bass fishing alone for the most part. I often asked myself why I was doing what I was doing, then I would look up to the sky and see a shooting star or two, and quickly realized why I love this chit, even with all those skunks roaming my woods

So hands down the funniest thing I saw last year alby fishing was 2 very over excited younger guys fishing. When I arrived at the scene, I see these 2 guys covered in blood, legs all torn up, look like they both fell hard, and they are chasing a "small" pod of fish blowing up. "Albies everywhere! Fish on!!" these 2 guys are having the time of their life. He hooks one right in front of me, and instantly brings it in, in about 15 seconds. "Yo bro get in there, I've caught over a dozen of em in the last 30 minutes!"

The look of disappointment when I said " you guys know those are frigate mackerel right, a real alby takes a little longer then 15 seconds to land"

it is amazing how much they look like baby albies though
Old 08-06-2016, 12:34 PM   #9
Raven

yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by albythereforyou View Post
with her around! except for that one time she jumped off the rocks into the water

i know that feeling

way back when it was the skipper inn on rt 6 in fairhaven, mass

my wife worked there see

we are walking with the small dog in the parking lot
and it decides to hop over the log (telephone pole) to
see what's on the other side .... a 15' drop into the ocean
i peer over and see her trying to desperately get onto a slimy rock
so now .... i had to climb down there to go save her butt
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:45 AM   #10
albythereforyou

After around 15 years in advertising, starting as a graphic designer, to art director, then to creative director.....

During the height of my "career", I went down to Times square to view my countless hours of long nights and hard work, and I could stand dead center among thousands of people, and see 3 different campaigns that were mine. 2 regional, 1 national, 3 different big blue chip clients anyone in ad land would die for...

I stopped a random person who was wearing my clients hat on his head, and said "Hey, nice hat! That's a pretty cool billboard they have over there"

"Don't f@cking talk to me"

And it hit me a ton of bricks. tens of thousands of people, and not a single person gives a rats ass about my work. The only thing I have inspired is my bank account, and really just my boss's bank account.

that was 2 years ago. last summer I quit my full time pay my bills job, to pursue what I really love to do....and at 35 I feel like quite the jackass for basically switching careers and starting over, but f#ck computers, I'm so sick of staring at these stupid things. my life was not meant to lived sitting in a dark office making stupid crap for stupid companies

a pic of my latest painting. I am a self taught painter, this is my 9th or 10th oil painting ever. My art education consisted of 4 high school art classes, and one life drawing class in college.

I hope my artwork inspires even one person to get off their ass and go fishing, that would mean more to me then anything else...

newbass.jpg

squidward darter about to get the bass of a lifetime!
Old 08-11-2016, 05:57 AM   #11
Nebe

Awesome painting !!!
There's something to be said for taking very few art classes- what comes from your ideas into the canvas is purely your expression. Classes pollute your style with other people's technique.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:07 AM   #12
albythereforyou

Thanks Nebe!
Old 08-11-2016, 06:18 PM   #13
Clammer

I quit a real good corporate job @ 36 to go commercial .full time ...........33 years later WTF was I thinking ....good luck

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:56 AM   #14
albythereforyou

thanks clammer! I need it!
Old 03-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #15
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Quote:
Originally Posted by albythereforyou View Post
After around 15 years in advertising, starting as a graphic designer, to art director, then to creative director.....

During the height of my "career", I went down to Times square to view my countless hours of long nights and hard work, and I could stand dead center among thousands of people, and see 3 different campaigns that were mine. 2 regional, 1 national, 3 different big blue chip clients anyone in ad land would die for...

I stopped a random person who was wearing my clients hat on his head, and said "Hey, nice hat! That's a pretty cool billboard they have over there"

"Don't f@cking talk to me"

And it hit me a ton of bricks. tens of thousands of people, and not a single person gives a rats ass about my work. The only thing I have inspired is my bank account, and really just my boss's bank account.

that was 2 years ago. last summer I quit my full time pay my bills job, to pursue what I really love to do....and at 35 I feel like quite the jackass for basically switching careers and starting over, but f#ck computers, I'm so sick of staring at these stupid things. my life was not meant to lived sitting in a dark office making stupid crap for stupid companies

a pic of my latest painting. I am a self taught painter, this is my 9th or 10th oil painting ever. My art education consisted of 4 high school art classes, and one life drawing class in college.

I hope my artwork inspires even one person to get off their ass and go fishing, that would mean more to me then anything else...

Attachment 63275

squidward darter about to get the bass of a lifetime!
Finally see your painting 2 years later!!!
Great stuff...would love to see more of your work...

......it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote