Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-01-2017, 10:02 AM   #1
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

So Yesterday.....

Trump signs an Executive order to provide more funding to HBCUs (Historically Black Universities Colleges and Universities)....that racist bastard

Trump signs executive order on black colleges

and he Signed two bills to provide more job opportunities for women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) fields.....such a misogynist too.

Trump signs laws to promote women in STEM

Yet all we got to read about on CNN yesterday was how savage Kellyanne Conway is for putting her feet on the sofa in the Oval Office and how Trump eats a well done steak w/ ketchup.

There's some "Hard Hitting" journalism there....and you wonder why he hates them.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-01-2017, 10:15 AM   #2
Jim in CT

GREAT post. He's also a xenophobe (despite being married to a foreigner), and an anti-Semite (despite the fact that his daughter Ivanka is a Jew).

The press is bonkers. They will never give him a fair shake.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:20 AM   #3
Jim in CT

And a prediction TDF. Joe Manchin, the democrat senator from WV, will switch to the GOP before his re-election bid in 2018. For the few moderates left in that party, the current freak show has no place for them. If Trump can accomplish 75% of the things he promised last night, nothing can stop him from getting re-elected.

Watching Nancy Pelosi and Rosa DeLauro and Richard Blumenthal last night, was like watching the 'Cantina scene' in the first Star Wars movie.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:44 AM   #4
DZ

Can you imagine what it would be like to be an Atlanta Falcon fan being forced to watch a rerun of the Super Bowl? I bet it would be pretty close to what happened on the left side of the isle at Trumps address last night.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:13 AM   #5
PaulS

I saw it in that liberal rag the NY Times

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...-colleges.html

How much more funding will actually go to them?

Do you think he "hates them" bc they call out his constant lying?
Old 03-01-2017, 11:21 AM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Is the NY Times CNN?

and it kills you to admit he had a good day for himself yesterday.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:23 AM   #7
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Is the NY Times CNN?
Did I claim that?
and it kills you to admit he had a good day for himself yesterday.
You mean bc he stuck to his script and tried not to insult anyone? The bar is set so low with him that he gives somewhat of a normal speach and he gets praised for his temperament.

So again how much "more funding" is there bc I know you like to go through posts with a fine tooth comb?
Old 03-01-2017, 11:29 AM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

You've officially become a 3 year old....congratulations.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:35 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You mean bc he stuck to his script and tried not to insult anyone? The bar is set so low with him that he gives somewhat of a normal speach and he gets praised for his temperament.

So again how much "more funding" is there bc I know you like to go through posts with a fine tooth comb?
"You mean bc he stuck to his script and tried not to insult anyone? "

Well that puts him ahead of his predecessor, who stuck to the script and managed to insult lots of people.

A CNN poll shows 57% of the people they surveyed, feel more optimistic because of the speech. He hit a home run.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:44 AM   #10
PaulS

Quote:
You've officially become a 3 year old....congratulations.
Go back and look at your responses to my posts and you'll see who is the 3 year old here. You would have been all over that "more funding" comment.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:59 AM   #11
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Well considering the OP was about how CNN ignores the good he did and you came back with a NY Time article....posted with all the snarkiness you so detest..... So I pointed out the Times wasn't CNN....

and I should have posted "Help provide funds" instead of "provide funds"....

There...happy?

Would you like your Gold Star, Cookie and a nap now.... (oooohh that was snarky)

Old 03-01-2017, 12:12 PM   #12
PaulS

Quote:
Wel
There...happy? Frankly, I could care less but since you seemed to have gotten a kick out of doing that the last few months I thought I would do the same.

Would you like your Gold Star, Cookie and a nap now.... (oooohh that was snarky)
Good one.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:24 PM   #13
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Dems showed no class whatsoever last night and the no shows
lacked patriotism. What do they even stand for anymore. except big government?

" Choose Life "
Old 03-01-2017, 12:26 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Paul, Trump often comes across as a jerk. But it's getting to the point, where everyone in the media, is treating Trump the way Sean Hannity treated Obama (nothing but bashing the bad stuff, ignoring anything good).

It's one thing when one guy on one network is so nakedly biased. Today, everyone at ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and MSNBC looks exactly as silly as Sean Hannity looked for the last 8 years.

The media, and most of the Democratic machine, look exactly that biased right now. After that speech last night, there is a risk in trying to make the guy look like a cross between Hitler and Bozo the Clown.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:46 PM   #15
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Dems showed no class whatsoever last night and the no shows
lacked patriotism. What do they even stand for anymore. except big government?
Is it any different than when the Rep. don't stand for the Dem President or when they yell out "you lie"?

Stick around and respond.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:53 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Is it any different than when the Rep. don't stand for the Dem President or when they yell out "you lie"?

Stick around and respond.
Here is the difference. When that republican yelled "you lie", he was crucified on every TV station the next day, including Foxnews. But the dems can boo Trump (for having the temerity to want an advocacy group for victims of immigrant crime), and no one says anything.

That double standard, is a big reason why Trump got elected. And if your side fails to address that, they may not come back from exile for a long, long time.

All those giddy female Dems, all dressed in white like it was a college sorority initiation, cracking up while they gave Trump the thumbs down. If that's what your side thinks the people want from their elected representatives, they may be in for a real shellacking in 2018.

If Trump follows through on a few of those promises, and they have the desired effect, the Democrats will be done. We have a guy in the oval office, who admittedly displays way too much a**-holery, but he has no interest whatsoever, in being told that something is a good idea but will take 9 years because of the system.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:18 PM   #17
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Here is the difference. When that republican yelled "you lie", he was crucified on every TV station the next day, including Foxnews. But the dems can boo Trump (for having the temerity to want an advocacy group for victims of immigrant crime), and no one says anything.

That double standard, is a big reason why Trump got elected. And if your side fails to address that, they may not come back from exile for a long, long time.
Too bad you responded bc Justplugit has a habit of posting and not coming back to defend his statements. I don't view it as the same and both Dems and Rep. have booed Pres. speaches for years.

How about this for double standards:

How many times here have heard about Obama's golf and yet when Trump plays more golf than Obama this site is silent.

How many times here have heard about Obama's executive orders and yet when Trump is on track to have far more than Obama this site is silent.

How many times here have heard about Obama's lies and yet when Trump seemingly lies almost every day and far more than Obama this site is silent.

We heard about Obama's use of a telepromoter many times, yet nothing on Trump.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:32 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Too bad you responded bc Justplugit has a habit of posting and not coming back to defend his statements. I don't view it as the same and both Dems and Rep. have booed Pres. speaches for years.

How about this for double standards:

How many times here have heard about Obama's golf and yet when Trump plays more golf than Obama this site is silent.

How many times here have heard about Obama's executive orders and yet when Trump is on track to have far more than Obama this site is silent.

How many times here have heard about Obama's lies and yet when Trump seemingly lies almost every day and far more than Obama this site is silent.

We heard about Obama's use of a telepromoter many times, yet nothing on Trump.
"I don't view it as the same "

I am sure you don't.

"How many times here have heard about Obama's golf and yet when Trump plays more golf than Obama this site is silent."

I never complained about the golf, except when he did it when Americans were killed. Has Trump played a lot of golf since being elected? You can heap a lot of fair criticism at Trump, but not many people say he goofs off on the job. Again, you appear very desperate to find a way to criticize him.

"How many times here have heard about Obama's executive orders and yet when Trump is on track to have far more than Obama this site is silent."

That's fair. But 'on track' isn't the same as having signed more.

"How many times here have heard about Obama's lies and yet when Trump seemingly lies almost every day and far more than Obama this site is silent."

"The site" is silent on Trump's lies. So you, Nebe, WDMSO, even me, we haven't said anything critical of Trump. Nope, not at all.

Does he lie "more" than Obama? You love pointing out who lies more. It's not something that can be quantified easily, it's not like seeing who is taller, Paul.

"We heard about Obama's use of a teleprompter many times, yet nothing on Trump"

Trump hasn't used the teleprompter much. The only times I pointed out Obama's teleprompter, was to poke fun at how awful he was, when not using the teleprompter.

I answered your points. As to my question about the booing, all I get is "it's not the same". Right, right.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:36 PM   #19
Sea Dangles

Paul,you seem to be a big fan of tit for tat.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-01-2017, 01:47 PM   #20
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Paul,you seem to be a big fan of tit for tat.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim mentioned a double standard and I was pointing out some double standards that I see here.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:48 PM   #21
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I answered your points. As to my question about the booing, all I get is "it's not the same". Right, right.
I think yelling out "you lie" is much, much, much worse than booing.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:55 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
They were booing the fact that he set up an advocacy group for victims of immigrant crime.

So that's modern liberalism - let men pee in the girls' room, and the notion that victims of immigrant crime aren't really "victims" because their assailants belong to a sympathetic group.

If that platform doesn't help you win blue collar voters in Ohio, the nothing will.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:57 PM   #23
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
is it worse than not standing/applauding when a standing ovation for the widow of a fallen soldier is going on?

Old 03-01-2017, 02:20 PM   #24
PaulS

Quote:
is it worse than not standing/applauding when a standing ovation for the widow of a fallen soldier is going on?
I did not see that as I was changing the chanel to a game so I cannot specifically comment. I did see her sitting and crying and then a min. later saw her standing and crying. But if somone did not stand for her, they certainly should have.

I do know Trump said something about how successful the mission was and in my opinion that was bc some people said the mission wasn't a success bc the seal died, they didn't get much intel, and some kids where killed. So could it have when he said the mission was a success?
Old 03-01-2017, 02:58 PM   #25
PaulS

http://www.snopes.com/democrats-stand-seal-widow/
Old 03-01-2017, 03:17 PM   #26
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Watch the video...you can clearly see Bernie sanders and others sit down in the middle of it.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:34 PM   #27
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
I don't remember having Rep No Shows for Obama's State of the Union or any other of Obama's Congressional Addresses. If so they would be just as unpatriotic. "You Lie" was one individual. Did you see Pelosie's face last night? That said it all for the Dems.

" Choose Life "
Old 03-01-2017, 03:39 PM   #28
PaulS

Quote:
So they did infact stand and applaud.

Quote:
Watch the video...you can clearly see Bernie sanders and others sit down in the middle of it.
Yes at 1:32 Bernie sat down - and at least 1general stopped clapping also. Then a sec. later there where more/louder clapping so we have no way of knowing if Bernie stood back up.

Couldn't he have thought the clapping was over?

Last edited by PaulS; 03-01-2017 at 03:49 PM..
Old 03-01-2017, 03:41 PM   #29
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
That would not only be unpatriotic but shameful.

" Choose Life "
Old 03-01-2017, 03:53 PM   #30
wdmso

Quote:
Trump signs an Executive order to provide more funding to HBCUs (Historically Black Universities Colleges and Universities)....that racist bastard

Trump signs executive order on black colleges

and he Signed two bills to provide more job opportunities for women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) fields.....such a misogynist too.

Trump signs laws to promote women in STEM

Yet all we got to read about on CNN yesterday was how savage Kellyanne Conway is for putting her feet on the sofa in the Oval Office and how Trump eats a well done steak w/ ketchup.

There's some "Hard Hitting" journalism there....and you wonder why he hates them.
Wow its sad that you needed to post such stories in an attempt to defend Trump ..

you should be outraged that it took so long to find anything he's done as a positive..

But signing a bill passed by congress is his Job its not special

and another exec order ...

and 1 coherent speech is not a Sea change

But he'll take credit for the stock market going up Great optimism for future of U.S. business, AND JOBS, with the DOW having an 11th straight record close. Big tax & regulation cuts coming!

will he do the same when it corrects it's self.. seeing he hasn't passed a thing through congress