Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-22-2015, 02:03 PM   #1
buckman

And we need more gun laws??

The guy that supplied the gun used by the Boston Marathon bombers to kill an MIT cop has been sentenced to time served !!
That's right, 17 months jail time !!
He had admitted that he lent them the gun because they wanted to rob students , but did not know about the bombing plans .
This kid should be rotting in jail for the rest of his life and I would bet I speak for every NRA member .
Old 12-22-2015, 04:51 PM   #2
ecduzitgood
time to go

This seems like a time when laws should have teeth. How can a gun owner not be held responsible (extreme punishment required) if they give a person who cannot legally have a gun a gun and allow it out of their immediate supervision.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-22-2015, 04:58 PM   #3
spence

I don't think you can say from this instance the laws don't have teeth. They reduced his sentence because he gave them a ton of information to secure the death penalty for Tsarnaev.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:17 PM   #4
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't think you can say from this instance the laws don't have teeth. They reduced his sentence because he gave them a ton of information to secure the death penalty for Tsarnaev.
That's the problem with gun laws, they are always pleaded out. Even when a criminal is convicted they are put back on the street . The NRA has been asking for current commonsense, gun laws to be enforced , and mandatory sentencing but those convicted of gun crimes . Does this make sense to you?
I'm not a professional prosecutor but on the face I would say the two terrorist could've been convicted without his testimony . This kid gave them a firearm knowing a felony was going to be committed with it . The prosecutors just took the easy route . Pretty sure your tone might change if one of your family members had been killed . That seems to be that way with liberals
Old 12-22-2015, 05:21 PM   #5
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
This seems like a time when laws should have teeth. How can a gun owner not be held responsible (extreme punishment required) if they give a person who cannot legally have a gun a gun and allow it out of their immediate supervision.
It was worse than that, he knew they were going to commit a felony with this firearm . He admitted they wanted to borrow it to rob students.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:31 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
That's the problem with gun laws, they are always pleaded out. Even when a criminal is convicted they are put back on the street . The NRA has been asking for current commonsense, gun laws to be enforced , and mandatory sentencing but those convicted of gun crimes . Does this make sense to you?
I'm not a professional prosecutor but on the face I would say the two terrorist could've been convicted without his testimony . This kid gave them a firearm knowing a felony was going to be committed with it . The prosecutors just took the easy route . Pretty sure your tone might change if one of your family members had been killed . That seems to be that way with liberals
I think there was concern he would gain sympathy by saying his brother was the ringleader and he was just being dragged along. The information by Silva specifically countered this defense. This was a high profile case and I think the prosecutors wanted to ensure the death penalty...because the family members wanted accountability.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:41 PM   #7
buckman

Quote:
I think there was concern he would gain sympathy by saying his brother was the ringleader and he was just being dragged along. The information by Silva specifically countered this defense. This was a high profile case and I think the prosecutors wanted to ensure the death penalty...because the family members wanted accountability.
I would buy that as plausible except for the fact that he said he knew nothing about the bombings or the intentions.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:45 AM   #8
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
It was worse than that, he knew they were going to commit a felony with this firearm . He admitted they wanted to borrow it to rob students.
That's a good point.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:36 AM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

The judicial system is basically "Let's Make a Deal"
Old 12-23-2015, 07:38 AM   #10
Raven

I believe it will return to him ten fold
Old 12-23-2015, 08:38 AM   #11
spence

Quote:
I would buy that as plausible except for the fact that he said he knew nothing about the bombings or the intentions.
Well, the testimony was directly in context of his dealing with the younger brother to acquire the handgun. He certainly could have learned enough about their relationship to form an opinion based on those dynamics without knowing about the plot.

Flip side is the prosecution fails to get the death penalty and you'd be beotching about that now and most likely blaming Obama.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:41 AM   #12
buckman

Quote:
Well, the testimony was directly in context of his dealing with the younger brother to acquire the handgun. He certainly could have learned enough about their relationship to form an opinion based on those dynamics without knowing about the plot.

Flip side is the prosecution fails to get the death penalty and you'd be beotching about that now and most likely blaming Obama.
I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure "opinions" are not allowed in court.
If this kid knew more , then you're not making his extremely light sentence any more palatable .
Old 12-23-2015, 09:05 AM   #13
spence

Quote:
I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure "opinions" are not allowed in court.
If this kid knew more , then you're not making his extremely light sentence any more palatable .
I said he could have seen enough to form an opinion. You testify to the facts in the case, doesn't mean the person doesn't have an individual perspective...it just has to be relevant to the evidence.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:34 AM   #14
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
The judicial system is basically "Let's Make a Deal"
kind of like our current Administration

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:40 AM   #15
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
This kid should be rotting in jail for the rest of his life and I would bet I speak for every NRA member .
yes

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:46 AM   #16
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

They should have said to this punk "testify and your sentence will be reduced to 30 years instead of life in prison"

this isn't simply a gun law thing, its an accomplice to murder

Oh well, glad the liberals got their way this time, they won't when Trump is elected! LOL!
Old 12-23-2015, 10:49 AM   #17
tysdad115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockport24 View Post
They should have said to this punk "testify and your sentence will be reduced to 30 years instead of life in prison"

this isn't simply a gun law thing, its an accomplice to murder

Oh well, glad the liberals got their way this time, they won't when Trump is elected! LOL!
You expected anything else in this state? The court system is second only to the govt in liberal trash. No worries, he apologized and is working on turning his life around.
I'm sure us guys would get the same results if we provided a firearm with the serial numbers filed off to terrorists. Nothing to see here move along.

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:08 AM   #18
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

Let's all have a huge laugh together when this guy is in the news again because he was arrested for some horrible crime!
Old 12-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #19
buckman

I wonder how the police feel about 17 months served for providing the illegal gun, illegally, that murdered a police officer . This infuriates me
Old 12-23-2015, 11:20 AM   #20
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdad115 View Post
You expected anything else in this state? The court system is second only to the govt in liberal trash. No worries, he apologized and is working on turning his life around.
I'm sure us guys would get the same results if we provided a firearm with the serial numbers filed off to terrorists. Nothing to see here move along.
you got a lotta hate there. Do you have an EAP at work? Maybe you should talk to someone.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:27 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
you got a lotta hate there. Do you have an EAP at work? Maybe you should talk to someone.
Can't make him wrong, so label him a hatemonger. Check.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:14 PM   #22
tysdad115

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I talk to the voices in my head, they hate everyone too.

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:27 PM   #23
tysdad115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The first amendment is only ok with them if you're agreeing with them , otherwise they label to whatever fits their current agenda.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:36 PM   #24
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Talk to your priest if calling people liberal trash is hateful.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:18 PM   #25
ecduzitgood
time to go

6 dead and no guns..maybe if they had a gun some or all of them would be alive today and the animals who did this would be off the streets.

http://news.yahoo.com/latest-2-child...134819902.html

Police say they believe six people found dead inside a Chicago home were killed in a "targeted incident," though they're still trying to determine a possible motive. Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi (goo-lee-EHL'-mee) said Friday night the killings could have occurred during a robbery or a domestic incident.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:18 PM   #26
detbuch

If this guy had bashed in the woman's head with a blunt object, he wouldn't have been threatened with the loss of his job:

http://deadlinedetroit.com/articles/...d#.Vr49KUv2Y5s