Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-18-2019, 07:47 PM   #61
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I agree, but until we see it 'in writing', it remains mostly based on Cohen's comments right now. It seems to be well sourced right now. I don't think anyone in Congress will act before it is laid bare in front of them.
Seems like it is not documented after all

Similar to that unverified dossier

And it drags on more and more
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:52 PM   #62
Jim in CT

Mueller's office issued a statement, saying that the Buzzfeed report that Trump ordered Cohen to lie, is false. Sorry Spence. according to Mueller, this is fake news. not al news bashing trump is fake. but some is. because the media, like
others, cares more about bringing him down than about the truth.

if mueller’s camp is correct, which they ought to know.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-18-2019 at 08:02 PM..
Old 01-18-2019, 08:26 PM   #63
Jim in CT

CNN said this
morning that the buzzfeed story is “100 percent true”.

but russia!!!
Old 01-18-2019, 08:29 PM   #64
Jim in CT

and Ronan Farrow is saying he had the story also, and refused to run it, because he found serious issues with the supposed sources. but it was good enough for buzzfeed and CNN.

but trump is lying when he complains of fake news.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:53 PM   #65
wdmso

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1160036]and Ronan Farrow is saying he had the story also, and refused to run it, because he found serious issues with the supposed sources. but it was good enough for buzzfeed and CNN.

[size=1][i]Posted from my iPhone/Mobile

All coverage I heard or read clearly stated the story had not been coberated by other sources

Yes trump is lying about fake news .?

And your making fake claims that CNN said the buzz feed story is 100% true

This may be the smoking gun in the Russia investigation is this your 100%
Old 01-18-2019, 09:10 PM   #66
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Mueller's office issued a statement, saying that the Buzzfeed report that Trump ordered Cohen to lie, is false. Sorry Spence. according to Mueller, this is fake news. not al news bashing trump is fake. but some is. because the media, like

Now you believe Muller . And TRuth ..... until now it's been a witch hunt and fake
Old 01-18-2019, 09:22 PM   #67
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=wdmso;1160038]
Quote:
and Ronan Farrow is saying he had the story also, and refused to run it, because he found serious issues with the supposed sources. but it was good enough for buzzfeed and CNN.

[size=1][i]Posted from my iPhone/Mobile

All coverage I heard or read clearly stated the story had not been coberated by other sources

Yes trump is lying about fake news .?

And your making fake claims that CNN said the buzz feed story is 100% true

This may be the smoking gun in the Russia investigation is this your 100%
cnn mornings show said
it was 100 percent true.

this isn’t fake news?
Old 01-19-2019, 02:17 AM   #68
spence

Quote:

It doesn’t mean it’s fake, more likely just confused. Remember there are multiple investigations. The leaks may have come from the Southern District of NY investigation and not the Mueller investigation which doesn’t have any history of leaking.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:51 AM   #69
scottw

Mueller's office issued a statement, saying that the Buzzfeed report that Trump ordered Cohen to lie, is false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

It doesn’t mean it’s fake

Old 01-19-2019, 04:40 AM   #70
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Seems like it is not documented after all

Similar to that unverified dossier
Seems like a lot of the dossier has actually been verified and even the author said it was 70 to 90 percent correct.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:41 AM   #71
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Mueller's office issued a statement, saying that the Buzzfeed report that Trump ordered Cohen to lie, is false
No, if you’d bother to read that’s not what the Mueller investigation statement said.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:56 AM   #72
scottw

Quote:
Seems like a lot of the dossier has actually been verified and even the author said it was 70 to 90 percent correct.
this is hilarious on so many levels....
Old 01-19-2019, 07:30 AM   #73
Jim in CT

Spence, it doesn’t mean it’s fake i guess. it does mean that buzzfeed and cnn cares
more about smearing trump than they cared about getting it right. they don’t like him, and instead of working to beat him fairly in the next election, they’re endlessly smearing him.

CNN is reporting today that Trump started the Chicago fire, and framed Mrs O’Learys cow.

this is all a joke. and i’m in favor of investigating the guy, but as often happens with the left, this is deranged, and contrary to the principles we were founded on. the media
isn’t looking for truth, they have already decided the desired outcome.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:32 AM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is hilarious on so many levels....
that really is
something. so they got the weather that day correct, so what if they fabricated what happened.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:42 AM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Now you believe Muller . And TRuth ..... until now it's been a witch hunt and fake
oh man you’re
precious. has
Mueller ever said
Anything that people
widely didn’t believe? you’re suggesting Mueller is
lying to protect Trump? nah you’re not biased!!

what evidence could
youmpoasibly have, that buzzfeed is correct and mueller is lying? Just because you WANT that to be true, doesn’t make it true. i know how sad you are. hang in there.

oh and Roman Farrow is also lying to make Trump look good?

you are bonkers.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:45 AM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:
It doesn’t mean it’s fake, more likely just confused. Remember there are multiple investigations. The leaks may have come from the Southern District of NY investigation and not the Mueller investigation which doesn’t have any history of leaking.
how is your explanation “more likely “ than the
notion that buzzfeed got conned by a dishonest source? what do you know, which makes that more likely? please share?

i know how hot and bothered you were at the possibilities here, and now you have to take a cold
shower. i’m sorry.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:30 AM   #77
wdmso

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1160040]
Quote:

cnn mornings show said
it was 100 percent true.

this isn’t fake news?

So if you find your needle in 1 haystack .. it’s true. Like you can keep your doctor statement you present as a lie Constantly. Even though millions kept their doctor

Did Bush’s lie when he said no new taxes ? I suggest no because at that time he ment it.. then events changed

Also Miller’s Team did not say the story was not true or false. That it was not accurate now why would they frame it those Terms?
Old 01-19-2019, 08:46 AM   #78
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=wdmso;1160051]
Quote:

So if you find your needle in 1 haystack .. it’s true. Like you can keep your doctor statement you present as a lie Constantly. Even though millions kept their doctor

Did Bush’s lie when he said no new taxes ? I suggest no because at that time he ment it.. then events changed

Also Miller’s Team did not say the story was not true or false. That it was not accurate now why would they frame it those Terms?
i don’t think obama lies about keeping your doctor, i think he was just wrong. i think he believed it when he said it.

you really don’t know how to make an argument. it doesn’t matter how many were able to keep their doctor...all that matters, is whether or not a
meaningful number we’re unable to keep their doctor. it’s like the wall, you think you can prove the wall doesn’t work by stating that it won’t stop everyone, when no one has ever said it will stop everyone.

you are correct that muellers statement leaves some questions unanswered. but roman farrow, a diehard liberal, refused to run the story because he doubted the sources. so it’s not just the mueller statement.

the press is, in effect, attempting a coup. they hate trump, they can’t bear to wait until the next fair election, so they decided to do everything they can to get him booted. obviously he’s not an innocent bystander, there’s smoke there that needs a fair investigation. but there’s also plenty of smoke with hilary, and the media would
not be doing this, not to this extent, if she had won.

the media isn’t seeking truth. they are seeking a way to get rid of trump. it’s not supposed to work that way. the country needs, really needs especially with a guy like trump, a free and fair and honest press. not one that attacks his wife’s wardrobe or christmas decorations.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:10 AM   #79
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

If the story is false, shame on them for fanning the flames, it’s not like the fires of desent needed more fuel. We aren’t going to get all the truth until mueller is ready to report his findings.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:13 AM   #80
Slipknot
Super Moderator

What this guy is pointing out - is exactly why the Democrats are raising holy hell about the shutdown. They realize a good portion of their voting base just lost their jobs.

Sooner or later a lot of these Federal employees are going to HAVE TO go find other jobs just to keep going. The Nightly News references this every single night when it constantly finds a new family that "only has a week of savings".

Trump must have heard somebody say "starve the beast" - and actually figured out what it meant.

https://tteclod.wordpress.com/2019/0...he-resistance/
Old 01-19-2019, 09:44 AM   #81
Nebe

Quote:
What this guy is pointing out - is exactly why the Democrats are raising holy hell about the shutdown. They realize a good portion of their voting base just lost their jobs.

Sooner or later a lot of these Federal employees are going to HAVE TO go find other jobs just to keep going. The Nightly News references this every single night when it constantly finds a new family that "only has a week of savings".

Trump must have heard somebody say "starve the beast" - and actually figured out what it meant.

He’s just draining the swamp.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:49 AM   #82
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
If the story is false, shame on them for fanning the flames, it’s not like the fires of desent needed more fuel. We aren’t going to get all the truth until mueller is ready to report his findings.
Ronan Farrow wouldn't run it. He's a diehard liberal.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:09 AM   #83
wdmso

Quote:

Just another anti Government rant ,,, willing to destroy working Americans ... cloaked in the Argument of Saving America or MAGA
Old 01-19-2019, 10:18 AM   #84
wdmso

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1160054]
Quote:

the media isn’t seeking truth. they are seeking a way to get rid of trump. it’s not supposed to work that way. the country needs, really needs especially with a guy like trump, a free and fair and honest press. not one that attacks his wife’s wardrobe or christmas decorations.

Its amazing you start of sounding reasonable .. than you end with the above nonsense

And ignore all Trumps Actions and complain when reported you have confused Traditional media with internet bloggers and sites claiming to be Journalists (which are just click bait sites )

and no one ever said a bad word about Michelle Obama

Fox News Calls Michelle “Obama’s Baby Mama”...
Old 01-19-2019, 10:23 AM   #85
spence

Quote:
This isn’t what he said. You should reread.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:08 PM   #86
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=wdmso;1160063]
Quote:

Its amazing you start of sounding reasonable .. than you end with the above nonsense

And ignore all Trumps Actions and complain when reported you have confused Traditional media with internet bloggers and sites claiming to be Journalists (which are just click bait sites )

and no one ever said a bad word about Michelle Obama

Fox News Calls Michelle “Obama’s Baby Mama”...
the media attacked her wardrobe and xmas decorations. foxnews us one station that in a good night has 3 million viewers. that’s one percent of the population.

who on foxnews said that about michelle obama? which host?
Old 01-19-2019, 12:16 PM   #87
Jim in CT

Quote:
This isn’t what he said. You should reread.
farrow found doubts as to whether or not there was evidence trump
ordered the
lying.

i can read . you should stop acting like every anti trump rumor is a cure for ED.

https://masscentral.com/ronan-farrow...zfeeds-coffin/
Old 01-19-2019, 12:25 PM   #88
Nebe

Mueller might be saying something isn’t factually correct when in fact it’s very close to being correct.
#lockthemup
Old 01-19-2019, 12:33 PM   #89
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Mueller might be saying something isn’t factually correct when in fact it’s very close to being correct.
#lockthemup
maybe. and maybe the media can go back to reporting the news. you know, stuff that actually happened.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:37 PM   #90
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
#lockthemup
I think it’s more simple than that, Mueller’s office is just saying the leak didn’t come from his investigation.