Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-12-2021, 07:19 AM   #31
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
right, pete and got traitors can determine through the internets who is a trumplican and damn their souls to hell for all eternity...it's a superpower!
Oh no trust me I’m just enjoying the fallout of Trumps final curtain call. As an avid golfer and knowing how hard Trump worked to win hosting one of golfs majors, I’m betting the PGA’s decision to pull its major championship from his course in 22 is going to hurt him more than loosing the election. He probably threw some clubs on hearing that decision.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:50 AM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump's planning to visit Alamo, Texas, on Tuesday because apparently he and his crack team of spinmeisters think it's smart stagecraft to associate themselves with catastrophic, deadly and failed last stands or he wants his followers to be able to say remember the Alamo.

Odds that the Trump team ends up holding this today at Alamo Rent a Car?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-12-2021, 11:02 AM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

Thousands of armed pro-Donald Trump extremists are plotting to surround the US Capitol ahead of President-elect Biden's inauguration, according to a member of Congress briefed.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-12-2021, 01:01 PM   #34
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Thousands of armed pro-Donald Trump extremists are plotting to surround the US Capitol ahead of President-elect Biden's inauguration, according to a member of Congress briefed.
You're an anti-Trump extremist. You, like anti-Trump media and politicians, are armed with rhetoric that incites pro-Trump extremists, and you surround this forum with it on a daily basis.
Old 01-12-2021, 02:13 PM   #35
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You're an anti-Trump extremist. You, like anti-Trump media and politicians, are armed with rhetoric that incites pro-Trump extremists, and you surround this forum with it on a daily basis.
Probably hundreds of thousands monitoring Pete's input on a striped bass fishing forum in New England, OMG Pete please don't you realize the implications.
Old 01-12-2021, 02:48 PM   #36
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Probably hundreds of thousands monitoring Pete's input on a striped bass fishing forum in New England, OMG Pete please don't you realize the implications.
You may have noticed that much of Pete's input is copying what is available to hundreds of thousands. He is one of those hundreds of thousands that help spread the anti-Trump virus to the more limited number he comes in contact with. That's how the virus grows.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:04 PM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I'm a Trump extremist. I, like Trump media and politicians, come armed with rhetoric that incites pro-Trump extremists, and surround this forum with it on a daily basis.
Fixed it for you

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-12-2021, 03:05 PM   #38
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
You may have noticed that much of Pete's input is copying what is available to hundreds of thousands. He is one of those hundreds of thousands that help spread the anti-Trump virus to the more limited number he comes in contact with. That's how the virus grows.
That's funny, you think the average American doesn't read, or understand the English language, can't filter real news from fake news? So your view is that America is made of mindless sponges, the left leaning mindless zombies absorbing only what the left leaning media puts out and the right leaning mindless idiots absorbing only the information Fox and the other conservation news (haha) outlets are putting out.

I judge a president by is words, his actions, his policies, promises made, promises broken, integrity, honesty, civility, treatment of Americans of all colors and walks of life and the respect or lack of it he shows his peers on both sides of the isles. I don't need to spread anything, Trump has done a banner job of spreading the word, not a lot of help has been required. You will defend him until the bitter end, never anything there for you, facts, events, statements made never seem to happen the way I and others see them. Your a more verbose version of SD, he makes his view simple in a sentence he has repeated a hundred times, you have enough posts for a novel.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:44 PM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Nothing to see, it was just a demonstration by law abiding citizens

U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin: There is a task force looking at "seditious and conspiracy" charges that carry a prison sentence of up to 20 years related to the Capitol attack. "You will be charged and you will be found."
Sherwin adds that as more information comes out about the attack, "people will be shocked by the egregious conduct that happened within the Capitol."

Probably another anti-Trumper just trying to make him look bad

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-12-2021, 03:59 PM   #40
PaulS

Quote:
Pete, can you watch what you post as you're trigger the pro-Trump extremists here.
Old 01-12-2021, 04:12 PM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Pete, can you watch what you post as you're trigger the pro-Trump extremists here.
I'll try not to trigger them, after all the attack on the Capitol was the fault of liberals, Antifa, Dems, RINOs, George Soros, etc.

Trump's Alamo speech was a wink-wink-nudge-nudge to domestic terrorists

Everyone can clearly see which words in a Trump speech are the ones in which he expresses what he wants to say and which he reads dead-eyed without enthusiasm off a script on his teleprompter like a hostage.

But he never says anything bad: "Nice country you have there, it would be a shame to have something happen to it"
Roy Cohn taught him well

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-12-2021, 04:23 PM   #42
Pete F.
Canceled

Now we find that the White House political director helped set the line-up for the "Save America" rally and march on the Ellipse on January 6.

Representative Mo Brooks: “Per my cell phone records, on Tuesday morning, January 5, I had a telephone call with Brian Jack, White House Political Director. He asked me to speak at the Trump rally the next day”

Only the best, most seditious people.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-12-2021, 04:55 PM   #43
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
That's funny, you think the average American doesn't read, or understand the English language, can't filter real news from fake news? So your view is that America is made of mindless sponges, the left leaning mindless zombies absorbing only what the left leaning media puts out and the right leaning mindless idiots absorbing only the information Fox and the other conservation news (haha) outlets are putting out.

Nope. Didn't say any of that stuff. I just responded to what you said. Nothing more. No need to get extreme about it.

I judge a president by is words, his actions, his policies, promises made, promises broken, integrity, honesty, civility, treatment of Americans of all colors and walks of life and the respect or lack of it he shows his peers on both sides of the isles.

That's a nice yardstick. One that most politicians of late don't live up to. I like most of Trump's policies. I think he is as, or more, honest than the likes of Joe Biden. Or Adam Schiff. Or Nancy Pelosi. Or Chuck Schumer. Or Kamala Harris. Or a lot of others. And Trump seems to be quite civil and respectful to those who are that way toward him. Haven't noticed him treating people of different colors badly (in spite of fabricated accusations that he does). And he seems to have kept more promises than most politicians.

I judge critics by how honest and insightful they are. Those who constantly have to make up false narratives, misrepresent, lie, and continue the lie when proven wrong, have no credence with me. And those who just say stuff and don't engage in rational discussion don't impress me.

I don't need to spread anything,

I agree. But you do. We all do.

Trump has done a banner job of spreading the word, not a lot of help has been required. You will defend him until the bitter end, never anything there for you, facts, events, statements made never seem to happen the way I and others see them.

I have always been willing to debate those things. And I don't agree with everything Trump says or does. I've mentioned a few disagreements, such as his naivete in believing he could persuade Kim Jong Un to give up nukes, or Xi Jinping of actually having fair trade with us. But you and Pete and others do enough debunking and ridicule of Trump that I don't need to add any.

And as I've mentioned, when you have said things I agree with, you won't know that I did because I felt no need to chip in and say anything.

Have you ever agreed with me?

Your a more verbose version of SD, he makes his view simple in a sentence he has repeated a hundred times, you have enough posts for a novel.
I am honored to be compared to SD and his more effortless cutting to the point. I have even mentioned that he probably has the right idea, along with Scott, to pointedly minimize. Sometimes I do. And it is fun. But, for some probably ignorant reason, I seem to think I need to get really serious, and have detailed discussions that expose lies and truths. Haplessly thinking that it will lead to a better, truer, understanding. Instead, it usually leads to understanding that most folks are more interested in their comfortably secured opinions. Most folks prefer to just say what they believe and leave it at that.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:03 PM   #44
detbuch

Quote:
Nothing to see, it was just a demonstration by law abiding citizens

It was mostly peaceful.

U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin: There is a task force looking at "seditious and conspiracy" charges that carry a prison sentence of up to 20 years related to the Capitol attack. "You will be charged and you will be found."
Sherwin adds that as more information comes out about the attack, "people will be shocked by the egregious conduct that happened within the Capitol."

Sounds about good and right. I mostly agree.

Probably another anti-Trumper just trying to make him look bad
Sounds like someone doing his job. Hope that's all it is. Never can tell what these deep-staters are up to.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:04 PM   #45
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Oops. Didn't mean to trigger a response from you. Sorry.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:06 PM   #46
detbuch

Quote:
I'll try not to trigger them, after all the attack on the Capitol was the fault of liberals, Antifa, Dems, RINOs, George Soros, etc.

Trump's Alamo speech was a wink-wink-nudge-nudge to domestic terrorists

Everyone can clearly see which words in a Trump speech are the ones in which he expresses what he wants to say and which he reads dead-eyed without enthusiasm off a script on his teleprompter like a hostage.

But he never says anything bad: "Nice country you have there, it would be a shame to have something happen to it"
Roy Cohn taught him well
Boy . . . there's a whole lot of opinion there. Good thing you didn't back it up. Might have triggered a whole lot of deep and apparently useless discussion.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:06 PM   #47
PaulS

Quote:
Oops. Didn't mean to trigger a response from you. Sorry.
I'm not triggered as you can tell by my continued ignoring most posters in this forum. Don't think we can say the same about you and a few others.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:25 PM   #48
detbuch

Quote:
Now we find that the White House political director helped set the line-up for the "Save America" rally and march on the Ellipse on January 6.

Representative Mo Brooks: “Per my cell phone records, on Tuesday morning, January 5, I had a telephone call with Brian Jack, White House Political Director. He asked me to speak at the Trump rally the next day”

Only the best, most seditious people.
Oh, my. Seditious people. Better round them up. Or at least keep them off of our really honest, objective, fair, and even handed social platforms. We all know certain speech should not be allowed. It might trigger. Well . . . actually all speech does. But the speech we think might do bad triggering needs to be canceled. Speech that triggers anti-Trumpers is good speech and shouldn't be banned. And friendly constructive speech by the CCP and Iranian Mullahs spreading lies about America would actually trigger good things throughout the world and be especially good for us, so should not be deplatformed.

"Democracy dies in darkness" is so true, but it thrives when the darkness is the cancelling of pro-Trumpist speech--or even scary pro-American nationalist speech--or actual Trump speech. Cancelling those opinions is true democracy.