Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-30-2018, 08:49 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Who has the broken brain? She won a primary for the Congressional district that includes Brooklyn and you are comparing it to a national response like the tea party. Oh man, Jim...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
She thinks that if I take a second job, unemployment goes down. She said the Jews invaded Palestine. he thinks that there is such a thing as "free" college. Forgive me, I don't think she should be writing federal law.

I did not compare one primary result to the national tea party creation. I compared the fact that the DNC is sending her to fundraisers all over the country, to the GOP tea party response. She is THE hottest rising star on the left right now, and it's a joke.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
She thinks that if I take a second job, unemployment goes down. She said the Jews invaded Palestine. he thinks that there is such a thing as "free" college. Forgive me, I don't think she should be writing federal law.

I did not compare one primary result to the national tea party creation. I compared the fact that the DNC is sending her to fundraisers all over the country, to the GOP tea party response. She is THE hottest rising star on the left right now, and it's a joke.
10 jobs are available only 5 people work those 10 jobs 2 jobs each p

the rate of unemployment of those 10 jobs is reported as Zero

Same 10 Jobs same 5 people only working 1 of the 10 whats reported ??? it has an effect most likely statistically insignificant..

kinda of like your argument Warren pay equals higher cost to students most likely statistically insignificant. you were selling ..... but her Ideas crazy ok
Old 07-30-2018, 09:23 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Same 10 Jobs same 5 people only working 1 of the 10 whats reported ??? it has an effect most likely statistically insignificant..

kinda of like your argument Warren pay equals higher cost to students most likely statistically insignificant. you were selling ..... but her Ideas crazy ok
The number of jobs isn't an ingredient of the unemployment calculation. Unemployment is, roughly speaking...

the number of people looking for work who are not employed...

divided by...

the number of people working, plus (I think) the number of people looking but not working.

If everyone who works takes a second job, that doesn't change the unemployment percentage. because no one is now working, who was previously unemployed.

unemployment decreases, when someone who wasn't working yesterday, gets a job today.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:25 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:

kinda of like your argument Warren pay equals higher cost to students most likely statistically insignificant.
If one professor is making huge money for not much work, that doesn't add much cost to tuition. If lots of them make huge money, that is a huge driver of cost.

I never said Warren is the only one. She's just the only one hypocritical enough to demand huge money for almost no work, and simultaneously crying about how hard it is for kids to afford to college.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:26 AM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

you couldn't possibly be more wrong.

https://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm

What are the basic concepts of employment and unemployment?

The basic concepts involved in identifying the employed and unemployed are quite simple:

People with jobs are employed.

People who are jobless, looking for a job, and available for work are unemployed.

The labor force is made up of the employed and the unemployed.

People who are neither employed nor unemployed are not in the labor force.

Is there only one official definition of unemployment?

There is only one official definition of unemployment—people who are jobless, actively seeking work, and available to take a job, as discussed above. The official unemployment rate for the nation is the number of unemployed as a percentage of the labor force (the sum of the employed and unemployed).

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."