Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #16
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishaholic18 View Post
"Grade: Use Grade 1 or 2 tiles for floors. Grade 3 tiles are suitable only for walls.
PEI Wear Rating: Use floor tiles with a PEI wear rating of III, IV or IV+."

The tile I'm looking at is Grade 1 with a PEI rating of IV which seems like it will be fine for floor use. BTW I have about 30+ tile jobs under my belt and have never had an issue using ceramic on floors. I'm just always concerned with buying HD sh!t...but the price is so damn right..I figured I'd ask...
Ahhh, I was reading the sheet wrong. My bad...

FWIW I'd still try and go a little better. I don't trust HD on stuff like that, while they do sell some quality products I've always found much of their building materials to be of lower quality. You're in Florida, I'd think tile shops would be as common as pawn shops

Have you looked at a local tile shop? I'd think they could get you into something in between.

-spence

Last edited by spence; 01-21-2012 at 01:23 PM..
spence is offline   Reply With Quote