Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Fishing Charters and Guides » Bill -n- Juls Guide Service

Bill -n- Juls Guide Service From Boston Harbor to Cape Cod, Instructional Shore Fishing Guide Service

Old 07-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #1
Fisherwoman

Send a message via ICQ to Fisherwoman
FLW Striper tournament!!!

FYI, well Bill and I are gonna fish the FLW striper tournament. I know some people don't agree with it, but I like the fact that this is a catch and release tournament and it is a slot limit, 28"-34" fish which puts everybody on an even playing field.

I got a call today from Bill Carson the Tournament director who provided me with some interesting info. AS of right now there are only about 25 boats signed up for the Quincy MA tournament on August 19th, which leaves 150 spots open, so odds of winning in the top 25 spots and going to the finals which is free to enter if you place in the top 25 spots, which is held in Virginia is looking pretty good.

I had a few questions for him, one was how they were doing keeping the fish alive in the other tournaments that they have had. He said the have only had 1 fish not make it in the 1st 2 tournaments so thats pretty good.

I also ask him what they were using to keep the fish in and they are using a keep alive system which is wired with clips to hook up to your battery system, that was specially designed for the tournement. You can either rent the system for $50 for the tournament or purchase the system for $250.

If you enter for the tournament online you save $50 per boat, you can have either 2 man teams or 4 man teams, There is also a $25 fee to become a member of FLW for 1 year.

If you want any more info on the tournament or have any questions shoot me a PM or check it out at. www.flwoutdoors.com and click on Striper tournament.

Hope to see some of you out there on the water that day!!!!

fisherwomen & baitcaster
Fisherwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:19 AM   #2
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hangin free
Got get em Bill and Jules. I talked with Bill the other day as well. To bad my kayak wouldn't qualify........

Used hard and put away dirty....
reelecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:49 AM   #3
Nothin but Fish

Jump in a friends boat....<")))><

No one should be left out so... jump in a friends boat. Find a boat with 3 and talk them into splitting the $50,000... 4 ways
Nothin but Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:05 PM   #4
Fisherwoman

I hear ya, RE, I keep you in mind as a back up if my plan falls thru if your up for it.

All I know is the less people participate the more money for those that do as the money is guaranteed, so they have to pay it out.

You got that right Nothin but fish!!!!

fisherwomen & baitcaster
Old 07-26-2006, 08:51 AM   #5
Moses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherwoman
but I like the fact that this is a catch and release tournament and it is a slot limit, 28"-34" fish which puts everybody on an even playing field.
Jules or anyone else - what exactly does a "slot limit" mean? Is that simply a certain size range?

I've read the rules and was wondering since the keep alive system will be mandatory, can you switch a smaller, previously caught fish and replace it with a larger one?

Mike Malone
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:04 AM   #6
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Slot limit- 28"-34" that is the slot, so basically the best you can do is 2 fish at 34".....
As far as swapping out fish, as far as I know that is a no no, but I cannot say with 100% certainty, but I believe that is illegal ???

Old 07-27-2006, 10:22 AM   #7
Fisherwoman

Hey Moses, like RE said it is any fish in between 28 inches and 34 inches, so what you want is 2 fish that are like 33.99999 inches with a big fat belly. As far as replacing smaller with larger, I am not sure as I need to go back and look at the rules again as it has been a little while since I read them. I would say that once the fish is definatly in the boat, that is were it will stay unless you decide not to keep it in the 1st place and try for a bigger one. BUT like I said I need to go back and check the rules to be sure.

fisherwomen & baitcaster
Old 08-15-2006, 10:25 AM   #8
Moses

Jules - I just got off the phone with Bill Carson, FLW Striper Tour Director (nice guy). He does have an exemption from the state of MA for this tournament to throw back a smaller fish if a bigger fish is caught. He has a signed letter from Diodotti of which a copy will be handed out to each team prior to tournament. He's actually on his way to Mass now for the Marina Bay leg of this tourny.

Mike Malone
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:57 AM   #9
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

I'll be there, aboard the Alternative .