Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Movies, Classics to Less than Normal

Movies, Classics to Less than Normal By request - Grab your Popcorn. New Movie forum (for those that have given up fishing this year). (No P 0rn)

Old 08-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
Van
zoom

NETFLIX

We just subscribed.

It's freaking awesome.
I have my laptop hooked up through my home theater system so it looks really good on the big flat panel.

Thing I like is all the old horror/gore movies. Its my addiction (after fishing)....some of the old campy zombie/gore/horror movies are a blast.

If you like those kind of movies and you've never seen
Peter Jackson (yes Peter jackson) DEAD ALIVE..........

Measure the fake blood in 100s of gallons not pints.....
Kungfu priest and Mama and the lawnmower scene... OMG !!!!!!!!!
Talk about over the top !!!

When I watch these movies, its keeps the Mrs. away too.
Win-Win

Some real old ones...Gore-Gore Girls, Blood s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g freaks, The train.

Plus we get the DVDs pretty quick for some better quality "family friendly movies" Good stuff...

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Things done at the last possible minute are done with the greatest possible information. Procrastination is, therefore, the most efficient means of doing things.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I've been with them for over 6 years. I love them. I go out to other sites and get the release dates for 6 months and then go and reserve the new movies on netflix. Because of their agreements with the streaming of some movie cos. the release dates may be a month behind the video stores or pay per view. I have my Wii set up to stream flicks whihc has been great. They're really a well run operation. I get a new movie in 2 days after I return one.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
Nebe

cue up Gotham Fish tales. You will thank me later
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:18 AM   #4
fishsmith
DDG-51

netflix is great. we connect with the wii.

Ren and Stimpy reruns can't be beat, me and the boys can't get enough of them.
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:28 AM   #5
Joe

I got this little box called a Roku. It hooks up to your home wifi connection and you can watch and select the streaming selections from Netflix without a computer - like the Wii. It uses a standard easy-to-navigate remote. But you can also get thousands of other things, like university lectures, baseball, text based news, streaming news, etc. Awesome.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #6
Backbeach Jake

We have a Roku, too. Awesome little box. You can do much more with it than just Netflix. I say "just" jokingly, we haven't touched the tip of what it can do.
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
Joe

I wish I had something like it when I was a kid. I remember pining for a complete set of current World Book Encyclopedias - we had some cut rate outdated set that sucked. What an advantage things like the Roku are for kids or anyone interested in self-improvement.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #8
redlite

We have had Netflix for 5 years now as we do not have a video store in our town.
I think they suck.
We are on the 2 movies at a time thing. When we first signed up, new realeases were in the mailbox within a day or 2 of ordering. Now that we are "old suckered in customers" With new releases, they are on cable before we get them they take so long to get.
We also have our 2 year old Samsung Blu-ray player hooked up to the net, so we can do all that jazz too. But it sucks too cause instead of just playin the previews on the disc, it logs onto the internet and downloads the latest preview which at times can take frustratingly too long. And you can't bypass them. I just wanna put the movie in, hit play, and watch, not have to wait a half hour before you can start the friggin movie.
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #9
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Mike - as of 6 months or so ago, in order to get the video streaming rights from some movie companies, netflix agreed to delay their new releases by 30 days. So that means video stores and pay per view will have new releases from some movie cos. earlier. This is expanding as Netflix is in a BIG push for streaming which is the furture of the business. Soon, more will be delayed but you will have more movies to stream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlite View Post
We have had Netflix for 5 years now as we do not have a video store in our town.
I think they suck.
We are on the 2 movies at a time thing. When we first signed up, new realeases were in the mailbox within a day or 2 of ordering. Now that we are "old suckered in customers" With new releases, they are on cable before we get them they take so long to get.
We also have our 2 year old Samsung Blu-ray player hooked up to the net, so we can do all that jazz too. But it sucks too cause instead of just playin the previews on the disc, it logs onto the internet and downloads the latest preview which at times can take frustratingly too long. And you can't bypass them. I just wanna put the movie in, hit play, and watch, not have to wait a half hour before you can start the friggin movie.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #10
striperman36
Old Guy

I wish there was more of a selection via their streaming, regardless of the delay, there are thousands of movies in their vault that I wish you could get 'on demand' rather than via cd.
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #11
Van
zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperman36 View Post
I wish there was more of a selection via their streaming, regardless of the delay, there are thousands of movies in their vault that I wish you could get 'on demand' rather than via cd.
stream the one called pervert.
but be warned its over the top.
adults only

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Things done at the last possible minute are done with the greatest possible information. Procrastination is, therefore, the most efficient means of doing things.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #12
MrHunters
What was that!?!

not to get off the horror subject but my favorite is you can stream almost ALL of the MST3K episodes! (Mystery Science Theatre 3K)

That is heaven.

Last edited by MrHunters; 08-20-2010 at 03:29 PM..
MrHunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #13
MrHunters
What was that!?!

my only streaming complaint is "HD quality" is far from it. But that will come with time, and bandwidth.
MrHunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #14
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperman36 View Post
so does netflix, thats what they are pushing for and are looking to grow their library. A lot of it is agreement with the movie companies.