Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 10-24-2016, 08:38 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Nova chuck question

Looking for some guidance from some of you more experienced turners. Nova chucks are on sale at Rockler. Is the midi 1" enough for the Jet 1014? Or should I be looking to stretch for one of the others?

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:25 AM   #2
pbadad

When you say 1inch , you mean the thread in head stock , I assume. I use the wood river from woodcraft. I have 2 thread adapters for my mini Jet1" and my jumbo Jet 1 1/8". Nice product from the price. Adapter jaws available for other needs. Check it out.

Billy D.
pbadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:32 AM   #3
ed morini

Nova chuck

Fromwhat is can see at the site as long as your headstock has a 1"-8 thread this wiil work. This chuck is direct attach meaning it will not accept an adapter for another spindle configuration. I have a couple of the nova chuck and others they work well

Ed
ed morini is offline   Reply With Quote