Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Old 04-04-2001, 07:29 PM   #1
Patrick

BoatOwner's Mechanical and Electrical Manual

How to Maintain, Repair, and Improve Your Boat's Essential Systems.

Second Edition by Nigel Calder.

Here is what the back cover says.
"Nigel Calder, a diesal mechanic for more than 25 years, is also a boatbuilder, cabinetmaker, and machinest. He and his wife built their own cruising sailboat, Nada, a project they completed in 1984. Calder, widely acknowledged as the world's foremost writer on boat systems maintenance, is author of numerous articles for Professional Boatbuilder, Ocean Navigator, Yachting World, National Fisherman, and other magazines. He is also of four other International Marine titles that have guided thousands of boaters worldwide, including Marine Diesal Engines, Second Edition, Refrigeration for Pleasureboats, and The Cruising Guide to the Northwest Caribbean.

In the six years since Boatowner's Mechanical and Electrical Manual was first published, there have been significant changes in boat systems, particularly electrical systems. Nigel Calder has used that time to study the subjects covered in this book full time, and to discuss them with leading experts in the boating equipment world. The result is this enlarged and thoroughly revised Second Edition, destined to expand its predecessor's worldwide popularity."

"An impressive compilation of advice on boat equipment and systems-one of the best we've seen....Much of the information cannot be found anywhere else." - Practical Sailor.

"A truly remarkable bible.... this book is the best of its kind... should become part of the ship's library for every self-sufficient cruiser." -WoodenBoat.

"This book should come as standard equipment with every boat." - SAIL

"A major achievement.... It would be hard to imagine anything going wrong on a boat that couldn't be figured out with this book...a bargain." - Sailing World

This is an excellant book. I paid 50 bucks for it. The book is complete, all the pages are there, no wrinkles. The price is negotiable. I would like to get at least 50% of the price I paid. I would prefer 30 bucks since my ownership didn't effect the cost of the book. The best part of books is their value doesn't depreciate.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote