Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 10-19-2007, 02:39 PM   #1
2boxers

Lasik

Anyone get lasik? can you recommend a good place to have it done in the MA/RI area. I am sick of wearing glasses or putting in contacts. also what is the general cost?

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

"The cure for everything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea" Isak Dinesen
2boxers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #2
Katie
Scuttlebutt

Send a message via AIM to Katie Send a message via MSN to Katie Send a message via Skype™ to Katie
My spanish teacher told me about her getting lasik, not sure where she got it done, but she said that shes beyond glad that she had it done. and that it cost around 2 grand and eye.

Wasajigifying -[ was - a - jig-i-fy-ing] - the concept of not knowing what the hell your saying.

My Photography Page!
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
Sgt_Nutz

I had it about 5 years ago. Best thing I ever did! I think it was around $3000 then. I can find out. I think it must have screwed up my memory because I can't for the life of me think of the name of the practice now. In Plymouth next to the registry. Very reputable office affiliated with Mass Eye and Ear. There was an evaluation procedure beforehand to see if you were eligible for the procedure. I was near sighted at the time and I can see perfectly now. Drove myself back the next morning. No glasses, no contacts. No problems other than a need for sunglasses more often. I can get some more info. if you want.
One thing I remember when researching was not to go to one of the cheaper "fly by night" type places like at the mall.

Post & O'Connor, Plymouth
+/-$2500 both eyes & all appointments 5 years ago.

Last edited by Sgt_Nutz; 10-19-2007 at 08:16 PM..

20' Aquasport CC 115hp Johnson 'SiouxToo'
Sgt_Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

I had a buddy who had the procedure done six or so years ago just before he went through the troopers academy for R.I. His eyes came out 20-10, better than perfect. I hear opposite stories though. Dont go cheapo. Pick a place like Mass eye like Sgt. Nutz did.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:25 AM   #5
keeperreaper
Spot Preserver

I had it done in January and went from not being able to read the highway signs (the big green ones ) to having 20/15 vision. I went to Dr. Villazane up in Waltham, MA. TLC. They have been around forever use intre lase to cut and were professional and courteous. My brother-in-law also had it done and had phenomenal results. Very little hallowing at night also. It was one of my best decisions ever made. PM me for more info.

Make America Great Again.
keeperreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:19 AM   #6
t.orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperreaper View Post
I had it done in January and went from not being able to read the highway signs (the big green ones ) to having 20/15 vision. I went to Dr. Villazane up in Waltham, MA. TLC. They have been around forever use intre lase to cut and were professional and courteous. My brother-in-law also had it done and had phenomenal results. Very little hallowing at night also. It was one of my best decisions ever made. PM me for more info.

Went to the same place, might be more expensive than some, but they are my only eyes and wanted the best place to work on them. Great results. Best thing I ever did, especially for fishing the surf.
t.orlando is offline   Reply With Quote