Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 08-31-2005, 11:23 PM   #1
fishaholic18
Finally

Imagine a President with Balls

WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO TURN ON THE TV AND HEAR ANY U.S. PRESIDENT, DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN GIVE THE FOLLOWING SPEECH?

My Fellow Americans: As you all know, the defeat of Iraq regime has been completed.

Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our mission in Iraq is complete.

This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American
forces from Iraq. This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now to begin the reckoning.

Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of countries
which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is
short. The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia, and Poland are some of the countries listed there.

The other list contains everyone not on the first list. Most of the
world's nations are on that list. My pr ess secretary will be
distributing copies of both lists later this evening.

Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war.

The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world Hell-holes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption.

Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France.

In the future, together with Congress, I will work to redirect this money toward solving the vexing social problems we still have at home. On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face of the earth.

Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France, or maybe China.

I am ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France, Germany, and Russia. Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are retiring from NATO as well. Bon chance, mes amis.

I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid parking tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and crushed. I don't care about whatever treaty pertains to this. You creeps have tens of thousands of unpaid tickets. Pay those tickets tomorrow or watc h your precious Benzes, Beamers and limos be turned over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New York .

A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are
likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not pissing us off for a change.

Mexico is also on List 2. President Fox and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I will have a couple extra tank and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I am going to put em? Yep, border security. So start doing something with your oil.

Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty -
starting now.

We are tired of the one-way highway. Immediately, we'll be drilling for oil in Alaska - which will take care of this country's oil needs for
decades to come. If you're an environmentalist who opposes this decision, I refer you to List 2 above: pick a country and move there. They care.

It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens.
Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying, "darn
tootin."
Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the
world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in America. It is time to
eliminate homelessness in America. It is time to eliminate World Cup Soccer from America. To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thanks guys. We owe you and we won't forget.

To the nations on List 2, a final thought: You might want to learn to
speak Arabic.

God bless America. Thank you and good night.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in
English, thank a soldier.

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
fishaholic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:13 AM   #2
Skip N

LOVE THE IDEA!! Come on GW you know you want to do that!!
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:09 AM   #3
Nebe

i'd rather imagine a president with brains..
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:22 AM   #4
Homerun04
Which Way Did They Go

Send a message via AIM to Homerun04
Quote:
Then explain to us how any of these ideas are not smart.......

"You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give"
Homerun04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:26 AM   #5
Raven

Thumbs up

if only ...it were that easy.... amen...

i am all for isolationism.... i'd also say that fishing off our shores by commercial foriegn fishing fleets is now illegal... grow your own fish at home..
All fishing vessels will be confiscated and recycled or sunk if there is any
oposition.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:38 AM   #6
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerun04
Then explain to us how any of these ideas are not smart.......
they may be smart, but they are reckless. far more reckless than bush is now.

i would rather have a president in office that shows all countries respect and respect of thier beliefs.

propigating hate of others only creates more hate twards us.

look up fascism. we are getting closer and closer everyday to a fascist state.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:45 AM   #7
Homerun04
Which Way Did They Go

Quote:
they may be smart, but they are reckless.
I believe that is a contridiction by definition......because something that is reckless cannot be too smart. So what is it in your opinion -- reckless OR smart?

Old 09-01-2005, 09:58 AM   #8
fishaholic18
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe
Some peaople will never be happy, no matter what happens.
They just sit there doing npthing about anything and complain about the world.
Please lets not make this into a political BS argument...

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
Old 09-01-2005, 09:59 AM   #9
Iwannakeeper
fishing the pacific

Send a message via AIM to Iwannakeeper
I would love to hear that speech.

I think other here prefer that we turn national security over to the United Nations. And keep pouring our tax dollars down those 3 world hell holes.

Keep lines wet and tight in the pacific
Iwannakeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:04 AM   #10
Homerun04
Which Way Did They Go

Quote:
They just sit there doing npthing about anything and complain about the world.
Agreed....so let's organize a nationwide march on Washington and demand the administration do something about the MASSIVE energy crisis in our country. Our government is selling us all down the tubes right now, simply in order to pad their own personal wallets.

Wake up America.......we are in serious trouble....here's how it works....prices go up faster then wages = more and more people slipping into poverty.....the 1% who control 99% of the wealth will be the only one's standing, becausde they are the one;'s making the rules (government)......average US house price ~ $400k.........gas @ $3/gal......milk over $2 a gallon.......have your earnings gone up over 20% annually? If not, you are one of the one's slipping behind, and eventually your nose will be under water too.

More proof: diners are raising their prices of food because they have higher fuel costs now......truckers have raised prices also......so have airlines......grocery stores, etc......since energy is a core necessity, fluctuations in it effect EVEY other industry.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:09 AM   #11
fishaholic18
Finally

Quote:
Agreed....so let's organize a nationwide march on Washington and demand the administration do something about the MASSIVE energy crisis in our country. Our government is selling us all down the tubes right now, simply in order to pad their own personal wallets.
Now you're talking!
I wouldn't be suprized is it came to that.

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

Old 09-01-2005, 10:29 AM   #12
Pete_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishaholic18
We are tired of the one-way highway. Immediately, we'll be drilling for oil in Alaska - which will take care of this country's oil needs for
decades to come. If you're an environmentalist who opposes this decision, I refer you to List 2 above: pick a country and move there. They care.
BEST case scenario is that Alaska can give us 18 months of oil, and there's only a 5% chance of that. It most likely will be less.

We're addicted to foreign oil, it's just the way it is till either we or the gov't make changes.

We're not going to solve problems at home by drilling more holes in the ground, the oil in quantities we need just isn't there.

Articles like this would more weigh if they were based in reality. If we abandoned all foreign oil right now this country would literally come to a halt.
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:43 AM   #13
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

NAFTA

Fishaholic18..in law enforcement circles the nafta agreement is acknowledged as being the largest single scheme in place that exagerated drug smuggling to the point where it is almost unstoppable.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:25 PM   #14
Flaptail

Quote:
Agreed Eben, agreed. A president giving a speech like that probably wouldn't have done well on his S.A.T. scores. Probably would have had to do 10th grade over. Maybe his Dad should have pulled out immediatly along time ago, if youn know what I mean.

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:34 PM   #15
Iwannakeeper
fishing the pacific

Send a message via AIM to Iwannakeeper
Even a nationwide march on washington would result in a slow change if any change at all. Just not enough people would paticipate.

the easiest way to make changes in a free market is with your dollars.

Carpool
Mass Transportation
alternative fuels

Make the changes that can make the situation more palitable for you. Change your lifestyle to not consume so much foreign oil. Then at least YOU are not impacted by fluctuation.

If we all took the energy we spent bitching about one administration or the next and used it to better our own situation things woud change.

I am guess sales on Hummers, Suburbans, Excusions, Escalades will go in the toilet, but we are still at the will of OPEC, until we as a whole change.

I think everyone knows if we wait for the government - we are just wasting time.

Keep lines wet and tight in the pacific
Iwannakeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:43 PM   #16
Newboater

One of the Few ??

I am one of the few who would love to hear that speech. After 30 years in the military, I have seen the respect shown to the United States dwindle too much. The only folks that speak kindly of us are the 50+ generation. To everyone else, we are the object of their anger. Why? Because they are jealous of us.

I'll suck it up with my truck and car. Less trips for no real reason. Food shopping organized to go out and back doing everything thats needed in one trip. Vacations ? I got a pool and a back yard and hot dogs and burgers.

Sarge

The Ole Sarge
RC&SU (Rude Crude & Socially Unacceptable)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway
Newboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:09 PM   #17
Nebe

Quote:
So what is it in your opinion -- reckless OR smart?

reckless... we would only create chaos world wide which would only fuel our enemys hatred for us.

ideally it is smart if you only look at the results here. world wide... very very reckless.

besides bush pretty much said FU to the world by invading Iraq after the UN said no way... if you ask em the UN was on the right track. Anyway, look at the results of bushs actions... most of the world hates us, and most americans hate him. reckless leadership is bad leadership.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:18 PM   #18
Homerun04
Which Way Did They Go

Quote:
reckless... we would only create chaos world wide which would only fuel our enemys hatred for us.

ideally it is smart if you only look at the results here. world wide... very very reckless.

besides bush pretty much said FU to the world by invading Iraq after the UN said no way... if you ask em the UN was on the right track. Anyway, look at the results of bushs actions... most of the world hates us, and most americans hate him. reckless leadership is bad leadership.
Wrong on a few levels my friend.
1. Our enemies don't need any more fuel...no matter what we do they are going to try to kill us. You seem to think that if we act nice to them that some day they are going to like us. WRONG.
2. I am not a Bush Administration fan, but the UN screwed up the entire Iraq aituation. They had over 19 times told Iraq to relinquish their weapons and nuclear arsenal, and 19 times the UN was told to go scratch by Iraq. The US intelligence community had relevant information that these resources were being used to support terrorism against the US. And in your opinion the UN was on the right track? WRONG.

Remember, the UN has absolutely NO recourse to force any nation into abiding to any of it's resolutions.....they have no military force.....behind closed doors I am sure the UN was very happy the US finally decided to go in and spank Iraq for them.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:21 PM   #19
Nebe

wrong??/? maybe. But does it justify fabricateing false intellegence to trick the american people???? i dont think so.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:22 PM   #20
Homerun04
Which Way Did They Go

Quote:
fabricateing false intellegence
Quite an accusation....now prove it.....

Old 09-01-2005, 03:25 PM   #21
Nebe

downing street memmos.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:26 PM   #22
Homerun04
Which Way Did They Go

Quote:
downing street memmos
Prove nothing,

Old 09-01-2005, 03:26 PM   #23
fishaholic18
Finally

Quote:
Quite an accusation....now prove it.....
Yeah! I gotta hear this one!

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

Old 09-01-2005, 03:30 PM   #24
Nebe

i cant prove anything... but its obvoius we have all been duped. for some this is hard to grasp.. sorry if you cant get a handle on it

correct me if im wrong but we still havnt found any WMD's
Old 09-01-2005, 03:37 PM   #25
Raven

Talking all that was extra

because as soon as our fly over jets were fired apon....flying over IRAQ
(and this was way before the war began...with all the shock and awe)
we had the right to go back in...

besides they never complied to our rules.... so that was the chocolate cake

thinking they had wmd's was merely the icing ...
and sadamy salamy was the birthday candle.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:45 PM   #26
Homerun04
Which Way Did They Go

Quote:
Uh, correct me if I AM wrong but we KNOW for a fact they had / have WMD.....because they gased and killed over 100,000 Kurds a few years back, and Saddam is on trial for his life because of that......what, that doesn't count as WMD...???

Old 09-01-2005, 04:40 PM   #27
fishaholic18
Finally

Quote:
i cant prove anything... but its obvoius we have all been duped. for some this is hard to grasp.. sorry if you cant get a handle on it

BLAH BLAH BLAH! Good point!

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

Old 09-01-2005, 05:07 PM   #28
t.orlando

Fishaholic for president.
t.orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:10 PM   #29
fishaholic18
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.orlando
Fishaholic for president.
We wouldn't want to see that..

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

Old 09-01-2005, 05:15 PM   #30
Raven

best buddies

below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bush.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	10522   Click image for larger version

Name:	patriot-cat-.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	10523  

Last edited by Raven; 09-01-2005 at 05:22 PM..