Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #61
spence

It's more than 40 words

-spence
Old 11-01-2006, 01:46 PM   #62
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip N View Post
I guess these soldiers in Iraq won't be voting for Kerry anytime soon!
I think everyone can share that humor.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:46 PM   #63
Canalman
Calling Jon The Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by "uffah!!" View Post
Spence, your just a Bush hater, thats all there is to that. He could come and kiss your a$$ and you would complain that his lips were to hard.
I started disliking Dems the day I got off the plane in So.Calif. from Siagon when them a$$holes started calling us baby killers and suckers for doing Uncle Sams killing for him. Dems are no good and never will be any good in my book. Maybe I'm still better,but thats the way I feel!!!
That's not fair and should never have happened, but I'm sure there were reps in there too. Do you vote Rep no matter what? Bush is not a good Rep, he doesn't follow what others before him had and... what's up with this bible BS? I might swirch teams too If I had to endure that... like I said NOT FAIR.

Surf Asylum Lures, Custom Lures for the "Committed"
Official S-B Sponsor
Old 11-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #64
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's more than 40 words

-spence
I guess Rednecks cant count.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:52 PM   #65
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canalman View Post
This is all bull$#!+.... lets think in a lucid manner for about 3 minutes, then we can get back to blowing each other up and having fun.

Do any one of you REALLY think that with what JK has at stake, he would really say something that would infuriate and insult the American troops and ignite battles like this one all over the country? Of course not, he's not witty and he SHOULD have been more careful, but this, like everything else, has been blown WAY out of proportion. I think MOST people can see this... just a bad joke in poor taste, nothing "sir-farts-a-lot" isn't guilty of himself.
I'd throw the brakes on there Canalman. You are walking on a slippery slope with that line of reasoning. I doubt you'd want to go back and retroactively apply that theory to all scandals.... I mean Mark Foley had a lot to lose...and although in poor taste... they really were ONLY emails...

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 11-01-2006, 01:52 PM   #66
Canalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr View Post
I guess Rednecks cant count.
oh that was GOOD!

Official S-B Sponsor
Old 11-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #67
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Thumbs down

john kerry and ma$$holes deserve each other.

Old 11-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #68
deepsushi

Heres what your horsefaced idol had to say today:

"appearing at an event for military families in New York, Sen. Hillary Clinton called Kerry's comments Monday "inappropriate."

"I think elections are about the future. No one wants see us re-fight the 2004 election. ... What Senator Kerry said was inappropriate," Clinton told reporters. "

Not a fan of Hillary but kudos to her for telling that idiot Kerry to S.T.F.U.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #69
spence

Quote:
I started disliking Dems the day I got off the plane in So.Calif. from Siagon when them a$$holes started calling us baby killers and suckers for doing Uncle Sams killing for him. Dems are no good and never will be any good in my book. Maybe I'm still better,but thats the way I feel!!!
Well, that was then and this is now. I think most everybody, including Kerry would agree that how a lot of people turned their anger towards the troops was an ugly part of our history.

When Kerry was in front of the Senate I wasn't even a year old, and as such that time is not much of an influence on my thinking, other than perhaps understanding why some still feel the way they do. I don't begrudge Vietnam Vets for having issues with Kerry.

But I will say this in all seriousness. If you link my objections to the policy of the Bush Administration to the Democratic Party to a 35 year old grudge...There's nothing I can say to make you think otherwise. You and Skipper are just not thinking straight.

-spence
Old 11-01-2006, 02:08 PM   #70
Canalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassturbed View Post
john kerry and ma$$holes deserve each other.
ok there giggles

Official S-B Sponsor
Old 11-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #71
Bronko

hehe

ouch...
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Kerry.bmp (253.0 KB, 183 views)

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 11-01-2006, 02:14 PM   #72
"uffah!!"

Oh, I'm thinking straight.I don't agree with what the Rep are doing in Iraq. But I defenitely don't like the Dem way of try to get back into office. They were in for 40years. Where did they take us. Korea,Viet-Nam,Bosinea,Somila. None of those countries attacted us. Excuse the spelling, not a very good speller!! But you do know my meaning!!

"Non temere mai Roma, il serpente rimane attorcigliato a Napoli!"
"Baci Mio Culo"
Old 11-01-2006, 02:15 PM   #73
Canalman

That's funny.. but they can't spell

Official S-B Sponsor
Old 11-01-2006, 02:21 PM   #74
spence

Quote:
But I defenitely don't like the Dem way of try to get back into office.
And what way is that?

-spence
Old 11-01-2006, 02:27 PM   #75
slapshot

I, for one, and sick of them (000-000-0000) calling my house to ask who I am voting for. Do they really think I will change my mind week to week? They finally had the stones to tell me their call was funded by some Democrat party....

I told them to write down my answer and keep it. Its not changing, so stop calling.

bluefish Jihadist
Old 11-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #76
mekcotuit

Watching the Republican-fueled uproar over John Kerry's fumbled attempt at humor, it's clear the GOP will do anything to keep the pre-election debate off its failed policies in Iraq -- trash Michael J. Fox, go after David Letterman and Rosie O'Donnell, pounce on Kerry.

It's all about distracting voters from the real issues on the table.

This Kerry thing couldn't be more of a non-issue. Everyone -- especially a veteran like John Kerry -- supports the troops.
That's not the debate; the debate is whether we are leaving our troops in the crossfire of a sectarian civil war with no clear mission and a job they are ill-equipped for (since when is our military trained to resolve thousand-year old religious hatreds?).

President Bush seized the opportunity to grandstand in a crowd of friendlies and labeled Senator Kerry's remarks "insulting" and "shameful." Insulting and shameful. Sort of like... I don't know... "Bring 'em on." Bring 'em on" was not only insulting and shameful, it was a death sentence.
But when I saw the tape of the president's stump speech and heard him say, "Our troops deserve the full support of our government," in the context of blasting the senator's gaffe, I instantly flashed back to "bring 'em on" and the six year nightmare this man's administration has wrought upon you and I and especially our soldiers in Iraq whose sacrifice was a premeditated and cynical political plot designed as the cornerstone of their Commander-in-Chief's strategy for winning a second term. They deserve better than "bring 'em on" and the president deserves to be reminded of that statement for the remainder of his pathetic career in Washington. As Kerry said, it's Bush who should apologize to the troops for sending them off to die with no clear strategy for winning.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau
Old 11-01-2006, 02:30 PM   #77
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
They finally had the stones to tell me their call was funded by some Democrat party....
No...not the bore worms!

-spence
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	17874  
Old 11-01-2006, 02:33 PM   #78
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekcotuit View Post
President Bush seized the opportunity to grandstand in a crowd of friendlies and labeled Senator Kerry's remarks "insulting" and "shameful." Insulting and shameful. Sort of like... I don't know... "Bring 'em on." Bring 'em on" was not only insulting and shameful, it was a death sentence.
But when I saw the tape of the president's stump speech and heard him say, "Our troops deserve the full support of our government," in the context of blasting the senator's gaffe, I instantly flashed back to "bring 'em on" and the six year nightmare this man's administration has wrought upon you and I and especially our soldiers in Iraq whose sacrifice was a premeditated and cynical political plot designed as the cornerstone of their Commander-in-Chief's strategy for winning a second term. They deserve better than "bring 'em on" and the president deserves to be reminded of that statement for the remainder of his pathetic career in Washington. As Kerry said, it's Bush who should apologize to the troops for sending them off to die with no clear strategy for winning.
Well said.

But I'd add that you're nothing more than a pink pany wearing commie who's stuck on the 2000 election. Face it, Bush won!

-spence
Old 11-01-2006, 02:42 PM   #79
mekcotuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Well said.

But I'd add that you're nothing more than a pink pany wearing commie who's stuck on the 2000 election. Face it, Bush won!

-spence
Close, actually the family has been Dorothy Day folks since 1934....

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau
Old 11-01-2006, 02:59 PM   #80
"uffah!!"

And as someone said, even if the Dems swept both houses of congress, the policy in Iraq is still uo to Bush for the next two years. The House and Senate really can't do much about it without damaging themselves.
Bush is done, a lame duck if there ever was one. and for two years not a damn thing will be done. The Dems will pass legislation that won't mean $hit. The sole reason they will pass it is so they can make claims in the 2008 election,"we tried to fix it "!! Thats just the way the Dems work.

"Non temere mai Roma, il serpente rimane attorcigliato a Napoli!"
"Baci Mio Culo"
Old 11-01-2006, 03:11 PM   #81
Canalman

Sounds eerily like the rep policy... we all suck

Official S-B Sponsor
Old 11-01-2006, 03:25 PM   #82
stripersnipr

I think the biggest surprise Democrats have coming on November 8th, is the fact that George W. Bush will still be president.

(This is where you guys respond: "Impeachment"!, And I respond: "If only you guys would fight our mutual enemies with such tenacity we'd live in a much safer world)
Old 11-01-2006, 03:43 PM   #83
stripersnipr

"Hello, is this the Rhode Island State Police?"

"Yes. What can I do for you?"

"I'm calling to report my neighbor, Spence.

He's drilling holes in his firewood and hiding marijuana

inside!"

"Thank you very much for the call, sir."

The next day, the Detectives and Officers descend on Spences house.

They search the shed where the firewood is kept.

Using axes, they split every piece of wood, but find no

marijuana.

They sneer at Spence and leave.

The phone rings at Spences house.

"Hey, Spence! This is Stripersnipr. Did the Police come to your house?"

"Yeah!, how'd you know?"

"Did they split your firewood?"

Yeah!, How'd you know?"

"Consider it an early Christmas present buddy!"

Who says Rednecks are dumb?
Old 11-01-2006, 03:47 PM   #84
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr View Post
(This is where you guys respond: "Impeachment"!, And I respond: "If only you guys would fight our mutual enemies with such tenacity we'd live in a much safer world)
Funny, I've often thought that if Bush had Karl Rove spend 1/2 his time manipulating the perception of the Islamic World, rather than seeking to divide the USA in the hope of maintaining a permanent GOP majority they would:

1) Actually do something to make us safer
2) Maintain power through a successful agenda

The notion that anger towards Bush is a Democrat thing is misplaced.

This is not a debate about idiology as much as it is about competency and honesty. For these reasons Bush's approval ratings at at 37% as it's "middle America" who's pissed off.

-spence
Old 11-01-2006, 03:53 PM   #85
spence

Quote:
And as someone said, even if the Dems swept both houses of congress, the policy in Iraq is still uo to Bush for the next two years. The House and Senate really can't do much about it without damaging themselves.
Nonsense. They can return to their proper role providing oversight rather than just rubberstamping bad policy and hiding the aftermath from the voters.

Think of how Iraq would be different today had the GOP had the spine to question the critical and blatantly obvious policy blunders before our blood and treasure was on the line.

Quote:
Bush is done, a lame duck if there ever was one. and for two years not a damn thing will be done. The Dems will pass legislation that won't mean $hit. The sole reason they will pass it is so they can make claims in the 2008 election,"we tried to fix it "!! Thats just the way the Dems work.
What's ironic is that the entire purpose of the Republican Congress has been to focus on issues people don't care about (i.e. gay people and flag burning) so they can have their "wedge issues" come election time, and to fleece the taxpayer by growing the budget defecit to funnel billions to special interests.

As bad as you think the Dems could be, face it, you've hit ROCK BOTTOM.

Where's Barry Goldwater when we need him!

-spence
Old 11-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #86
MakoMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogston29 View Post
I really think that it was supposed to be a joke/shot and just did not come out even close to right, the way I heard it I thought he was trying to say:

"You know, education, if you make the most of it (unlike our president), if you study hard and you do your homework (unlike our president), and you make an effort to be smart (unlike our president), uh, you, you can do well (unlike our president). If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq (like our president)"
Just like the other mind-readers in the media. Where do see the words in the Parenthesies? You dould just as easily say "we should go to war with Iraq because of their weapons of mass destructin (if they had them).

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
Old 11-01-2006, 04:47 PM   #87
Bronko

Come in John...John Come in....

Looks like the pride of the party got new orders from the mothership.

http://www.mankatofreepress.com/loca...yword=topstory

Notice how quickly ole' Johnny is being abandoned... Hillary, Harold Ford...they are all taking shots at him for what he said. Saying it was innapropriate etc. I thought it was just a mistake?

Let me set the scene. The 15 SUV entourage roaring through downtown Makato. The phone rings, the SUVs stop. Kerry and advisors get out roadside for a quick conference call. The caravan turns around and heads back to the airport. The Dems issue a statement that Kerry has decided to return to DC and not stump for any Democratic contenders, instead he will tend to his constituents and not detract from the upcoming elections.

The republicans are throwing everything they have at this slip-up and the Dems are trying to counter-spin the best they can. Welcome to Partisan Politics 101.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:31 PM   #88
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

what he said was lame, period. ALL the Bush adminstation said was that he should aplogize. Suddenly the media's fervor is something Bush is driving? Ridiculous. The words are driving the fervor and not the Repubs.
I heard Kerry this morning on Imus and I felt embarrassed for him. He sounded like a 4 year old making up excuses and it just wasnt working. It was sort of sad.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-01-2006, 05:43 PM   #89
Bronko

RIJIMMY, how dare you insinuate that Kerry's own spoken words are clearly and unequivocably his own fault, and that those words are being interperted in the exact context and in the exact meaning in which they were spoken?

Where do you get off claiming that his monumental screw-up is the sole cause for this debacle?

How dare you not implicate Bush, Cheney or Rove in your assertions. Where do you get the balls?

Old 11-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #90
Skitterpop

Smoke and mirrors to deflect the steady view and contemplation of the sad truth by the masses

Good health and family
Closed Thread